LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MS maced BL, she would have had time to run away but she didn't so either her leg was injured to where she could walk, or she was in a locked closed area....say like a truck with no door handles.

I'm thinking someone defending BL or someone at the county court house is leaking documents the DA is giving to the defence to a reporter. It was reported that the defence wants a change in venue so he has to be leaking info for it to be reported.

The medical stuff is only coming from the police report, and I suspect the rumor mill is adding on to it.

I wouldn't doubt it a bit if BL had a allergic reaction to mace. This of course is only my opinion and not based on fact.

Some friends of mine were being searched once and the cop found mace in one of their purses and he told them it was "useless" in an attack. I'm sure there are exceptions but for the most part it probably is just a false sense of protection.

Thanks. I wonder if that poster has been WS verified and if that poster has returned?

The rental-car poster just dumped that stuff and vanished. Makes for chaos.

I feel like we may be building a detailed case against BSL based upon some bad facts.

I would prefer to go off of established facts, and then add these pieces/rumors last.

Regarding statements being made and posters never coming back their post could have been seen by someome with LE and they may have been advised that their post is in fact pertinent to the case and they were advised to keep silent. IMO it is critical that some of the facts not be released I believe we all want the perp to be convicted.

Imo, due to the signs, patterns, and residue that BSL left in his wake, it is very obvious that he had been preying on his unsuspecting innocent victims for two decades, honing his skills and escalating with each one...'No stranger to the game'..

Mickey Schunick, valiantly brought his two decades long, of deviant behavior, and evil reign of terror to an abrupt end... "Mickey knew what BSL was, what he had done in the past, and tragically, what he would do in the future".

"Mickey Schunick, courageously sacrificed her life, so that other innocent victims may live"..

"In the early morning hours of 05/19/2012, a Hero was born"..

:woohoo: Read my mind.
I totally agree. You said it better than I ever could.

Prayers for Mickey :angel: and the families. God bless them.

I suspect the evidence LE has on BSL will be effective in any jurisdiction with any jury.
We aren't privy to all of the evidence, but just what we do know from the police reports and all the things BSL did to try to cover are very suspicous.
Let's remember, LE called his home a "major crime scene"

:rocker: Mace reaction!!! That's a wonderful thought!
JMO:

- I believe Mickey fought tremendously at the kidnapping.
- I believe due to BSLs injuries he couldn't physically throw Mickey or her bike far for disposal. I don't think he could use a shovel for digging for some time.
- I believe bsl was in uncomfortable pain shortly after the abduction.
- I believe the Daily Advertiser video has pics of bsl leaving Lafayette with injured Mickey and her bike.
- I believe he went home and bathed after the kidnapping to remove mace and/or blood....

Would the mace come off easily with bathing?
When bsl went to Oschners hospital in NOrleans, was his face etc red or irritated from mace yet?

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home soon.
Prayers for the families. God bless them all.

I think we need to forgo the discussion surrounding rash/poison ivy/mace reaction, etc. Nowhere in the police statement from his hospital visit does it mention that he had any type of rash when he was questioned about the robbery/stabbing. This was a rumor brought over from topix.

I have finally had time to have a good look at bsl neck wound. I am not a medical professiOnal quiet yet but IMO I'd say that looking at his neck it was more of a "slash" wound rather than a stab. Althought I haven't seen his other wounds I'd also say that this is the case in the other areas he has wounds. After he sought medical attention, he was fine to go home, I would say he was sent away with a prescription of antibiotics and Probally education on how to clean and dress his wounds. My reasoning behind these thoughts is he has a wound on the chest and if someone put force behind it it would have more than likely punctured a lung, causing it to collapse. I don't think any of his wounds were fatal I believe they were slashes that Probally bleed out a bit, caused him some pain, his body didn't go into shock so no organs were damaged. JMO, sorry if this doesn't make sense lol had a few to drink tonight:)

This has probably been addressed on another thread, but the MSM reported that the PI Abdella identified two potential suspects. Has it been determined whether BSL was one of them?

BSL was probably BOTH of them...

The driver of the white truck AND a registered SO that was in an ER stabbed!
I think it just didn't click...

To follow on my earlier comment about this possibly starting as an accident:

Put it this way - say BSL was drunk and another non-RSO driver was drunk.

I would give a higher probability that a driver with a clean record might fess up to an accident.

BSL spent a LONG time in prison - and would have been highly motivated not to go back for vehicular manslaughter. Had he truly hit her as an accident - but been drunk - I'm betting he would have done at least a couple years in prison, and a couple years is a long time for anyone - especially for someone who has lost most of his 20s in prison and doesn't want to go back.

Just saying that we have to keep in mind that there's chance that this is a manslaughter case gone bad.

If it was an accident, I bet it would have been a hit and run, not abduction.

2 of my friends once got maced by police officers, 2 days later they both had very sore red eyes and said they thought their eyes were on fire it burnt so much. I couldn't help but laugh at them silly drunk boys at the time:)

If it was an accident, I bet it would have been a hit and run, not abduction.

Agree...why take her and the bike? If no one saw you, you just get the heck out of there. The accident scenario never made sense to me.

If he stalked his prey, there is only one reason he hit her bike. To take control of her for his sex offender reasons. Possibly more. IMO

We know bsl hit ms while on the bike LE have confirmed this. I honestly think he did this because it put her in a vulnerable situation, where she more than likely would on sustained some sort of injury and some sort of damage to her bike. She wasn't wearing a helmet which she may of hit her head in the fall, leading to concision or head trauma. Concusion/head trauma leads to confusion, leading her not to think clearly. Bsl Probally jumped out of the car apologetic with his "charm" and gained trust from her. One thing I've learnt about bsl through all these threads is he always seemed to get women to trust him and believe what he was saying.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/19023...eport-could-be-part-of-missing-students-probe

I have read from friends of hers on the FINDMICKEYNOW fb page (early into her missing, before they even had a suspect) that she was known to carry a pink pepper spray can and a box cutter. still trying to locate those

Not that it may have anything to do with this case, but I was wondering how pepper spray/mace reacts on open, fresh wounds (like ones done from a box cutter). Would it cause a reaction similar to what poison ivy looks like?

This is my first post. I have been following this case from day one. I have a daughter at UL Lafyette in grad school. She has lived there for 6 years. Although she has a car, SHE BIKES EVERYWHERE! It makes me sick to my stomach that this could have happened to my daughter. I always call her late at night to check on her and often catch her on her bike as she is biking home from the library, friend's houses, etc. Naturally, I remain on the phone till she is safely in her apartment and proceed to explain to her that she has a car and that SHE SHOULD USE IT!! Kids today (she is 25) think that the world is good, and that evil resides elsewhere. Her friends are bikers and she lives in the "Saint Streets" area, which she deems as a "very safe area".
I have shoved every bit of this (MS) in her face and will continue to do so.....

My prayers to the Shunick family. And to Mickey....my love, admiration, and I will NEVER forget you.

And I know people think that he killed her right away, but my gut instincts tell me that he is the sort of person that Probally got pleasure out of torturing people and having control "or playing god" in what happened to his victim. Alot of people have said that ms fighting back would have enraged him and yes I agree with you but I also think it would've been a game to him, he just seems to be sick and twisted.

Did the St. Landry's sherriff's office not notice that his hand was wounded and that he drove a Chevrolet Z71?
This should have been checked into further! after all he is a teir 3 sex offender!

kkdj, unless there was jurisdictional blindness involved, which was what BSL was counting on and would have indicated oblivious detectives from two parish jurisdictions. The RSO status of his drivers license is the obvious reason BSL claimed that his billfold was stolen.

Giving the detectives from the two NOLO Parishes, as well as the investigator that monitored him in the RSO interview on 05/28/2012, the benefit of the doubt. Brandon Scott Lavergne, has been on LPD's radar and closely monitored since the NOLO hospital visit, imo.

:rocker: Mace reaction!!! That's a wonderful thought!
JMO:

- I believe Mickey fought tremendously at the kidnapping.
- I believe due to BSLs injuries he couldn't physically throw Mickey or her bike far for disposal. I don't think he could use a shovel for digging for some time.
- I believe bsl was in uncomfortable pain shortly after the abduction.
- I believe the Daily Advertiser video has pics of bsl leaving Lafayette with injured Mickey and her bike.
- I believe he went home and bathed after the kidnapping to remove mace and/or blood....

Would the mace come off easily with bathing?
When bsl went to Oschners hospital in NOrleans, was his face etc red or irritated from mace yet?

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home soon.
Prayers for the families. God bless them all.

Why do you believe there is video footage of bsl with Mickey and her bike in the truck? Sorry I'm a bit confused is this a fact (I haven't seen this yet) or is it your beliefs/opinion?

I don't think he accidentally hit her bike. It was a perfectly aimed bump on the back of her rim. I don't think it would have been like that if it was a drunken accident.

And if he accidentally bumped her, and was afraid of going to jail, I think he would have driven away quickly, not STOPPED and put all of the evidence of the crime into his truck. That makes no sense if it was purely accidental, to stop and make things worse.

And I guess the hardest part to accept, is that if an RSO was going to get into a random accident, how coincidental that it would be a beautiful blonde coed out riding all alone.

And why the heck was he following her down that road at 2 am? That was no accident, imo.

This is my first post. I have been following this case from day one. I have a daughter at UL Lafyette in grad school. She has lived there for 6 years. Although she has a car, SHE BIKES EVERYWHERE! It makes me sick to my stomach that this could have happened to my daughter. I always call her late at night to check on her and often catch her on her bike as she is biking home from the library, friend's houses, etc. Naturally, I remain on the phone till she is safely in her apartment and proceed to explain to her that she has a car and that SHE SHOULD USE IT!! Kids today (she is 25) think that the world is good, and that evil resides elsewhere. Her friends are bikers and she lives in the "Saint Streets" area, which she deems as a "very safe area".
I have shoved every bit of this (MS) in her face and will continue to do so.....

My prayers to the Shunick family. And to Mickey....my love, admiration, and I will NEVER forget you.

Great Post and :welcome::fireworks: to WS.

If he were being monitored closely by LPD since the hospitital visit, wouldn't the officer conducting the RSO interview have knowledge of this and therefore go out and check his white Chevrolet Z71 with the picture having been released 3 days prior?
I do beleive that LE has done a supurb job, but I am just wondering about the RSO interview. Did he take his other car to this? And if so, wouldn't that also be suspicious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C