LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was driving in this accident? BSL or the guy that died or ?

CH.

However it was later said by the female driver that they had gotten a call from BSL to go pick him up that night.... From that location.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8165665&postcount=1382"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37[/ame]

Looks like CH did move into that "camp" after the accident when she was in a wheelchair.

Months later CH and her bF move into a rent house and discover bones under wood. CH then started receiving even more threats from BSL!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8173511&postcount=714"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38[/ame]

If Claire was driving that vehicle, I feel bad for her. To be the one driving and having her boyfriend die must have been a huge burden all these years. And then to have her husband pass away last year....thats a lot of pain for a person to bear

I'm just wondering - are you the lead reporter on the Shunick/Pate story? I remember that Amanda McElfresh did a lot of the early reporting... do you have two or three of y'all working it? As an ex-newspaper reporter, I'm curious how y'all are divvying up the job

:)

Just about everyone on staff has written about this case. Amanda M. was one of those on the case when MS disappeared. She was moved to cover education a few weeks ago and that's taking up more of her time. She's still working on the case. We all are. I've taken a bit more of a lead now because I have more time than she does at the moment.

Wait wait wait WAIT - Backwoods, are you saying that Claire Higginbotham was living there with Guy Landry in Sept. '99, when the body was discovered?

Dimly through the tired haze, I seem to remember something about someone in a wheelchair there when the remains were found?

This is important. Was CH living in the house in Sept. '99?

bbm: That's what I thought was reported -- by MSM, I thought, but I COULD BE WRONG -- trying to find my source...

Didnt take notice the first time I read but what stood out this time with The Daily Advertiser report was when Guy Landry stated he stumbled upon the discovery while walking through what appeared to be a trail cutting through an area in his backyard. Wonder if it was a human trail?

Just about everyone on staff has written about this case. Amanda M. was one of those on the case when MS disappeared. She was moved to cover education a few weeks ago and that's taking up more of her time. She's still working on the case. We all are. I've taken a bit more of a lead now because I have more time than she does at the moment.

Excellent.... having several people work it gives you people in the newsroom to bounce things off of.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for helping us here in the peanut gallery know what's what :)

:cheers:

whew! just caught up!

ANGREE CAJON (not yelling, just want you to see), you said that the police have been having to run around and reassure everyone that BSL was NOT "here" on Ellis road, so even though from the satellite images, that road looks reallllllly spooky and has to be super desolate at night, thus perfect to hide a body, LE is insisting that he wasn't there. so do you think they KNOW that he wasn't from the GPS and pings? is this why they aren't searching it?

if that is what this means, then i am encouraged that they really do have his every street and turn from the time Mickey disappeared to the time he was arrested, thus they know where to search

With LE trying to get an indictment in 2008 for Lisa's murder, it sounds like they really did not want him out and about and free again. But what failed to convince the GJ, that is my question. Did witnesses refuse to testify, or not testify fully? The circumstances around what happened to Lisa are confusing, but it is beginning to sound as though lots of people knew about it, or knew BL was involved. Wondering why people are talking now, and not back in 2008.

Also, according to FB page for Mickey, it sounds like TES searched all day...but not hearing anything, so assuming nothing major was found.

Didnt take notice the first time I read but what stood out this time with The Daily Advertiser report was when Guy Landry stated he stumbled upon the discovery while walking through what appeared to be a trail cutting through an area in his backyard. Wonder if it was a human trail?

I read that he and his friend were walking the property and found what they thought was an animal bone sticking out from under a couple of boards about 25 yds. from the house. They saw they were human bones.

The way I understood it was that it was the owners' "camp," and that they were renting it out to BSL's friends.

But without the LT comment, I can't do better than that.

There is a function on here somewhere by which you can "find" all LT's posts.

Well, we're missing a simple fact here - when was her absence reported to police? On her son's birthday? I can't help but think that this info has been published somewhere, and we're just missing it. Shouldn't be a deep, dark secret.

Yes, I wonder if it was reported July 3.

whew! just caught up!

ANGREE CAJON (not yelling, just want you to see), you said that the police have been having to run around and reassure everyone that BSL was NOT "here" on Ellis road, so even though from the satellite images, that road looks reallllllly spooky and has to be super desolate at night, thus perfect to hide a body, LE is insisting that he wasn't there. so do you think they KNOW that he wasn't from the GPS and pings? is this why they aren't searching it?

if that is what this means, then i am encouraged that they really do have his every street and turn from the time Mickey disappeared to the time he was arrested, thus they know where to search

How does LE KNOW he wasn't on Ellis? OnStar? Cell Pings? What if he packed the body in a "tote"? used another car? left his cell at home etc?

~just an honest question

Well, media reports say that Guy Landry had been there less than a month when the remains were discovered on Sept. 21, 1999.

So let's say he moved in Sept. 1.... the accident was June 19 - (if the accident we've looked up truly was the accident in question). As CH was likely in the hospital for awhile - being paralyzed - I'd say the house was likely vacant for a couple months.

Any Church Point/Eunice/Crowley property for sale or rent that would have been vacant in late May 2012? Thinking that BSL may have taken advantage of vacant property where he could hide Mickey under something knowing that no property owner would notice for a while (like with Lisa).

How does LE KNOW he wasn't on Ellis? OnStar? Cell Pings? What if he packed the body in a "tote"? used another car? left his cell at home etc?

~just an honest question

Seems like that if they knew every turn he made they would have found Mickey by now.

I was under the impression it was occupied.... by BSl's buddy and CH.

It certainly was rented to Guy Landry around Sept. 1, 1999. So either the owner decided to start renting it out, or already was doing so.

One thing for non-locals to consider - the word "camp" down here means a second home - usually pretty spartan but sometimes luxurious - used on weekends, etc. - as a base for hunting, fishing, or relaxing.

But a camp can also be rented out and be someone else's home. The word "camp" really should be taken in the local context that it's not the owner's primary residence, but also an be occupied 24/7 by renters at the pleasure of the owners.

That definition helps -- I didn't fully understand the term.

No, it's really not okay, CF. SJ will suffice to show it was not CH. That's what matters. No?

~sorry for asking but...

We know it wouldn't make sense to be in a wheelchair in the woods!
Do we KNOW CH wasn't living there with GL and the woman?
GL and the woman found the remains so they were interviewed...
Did Ch live there too?
3 people could have been renting the house.

In regards to CH not speaking up... the thought of being (allegedly) threatened like that and unable to get away or even run scares to bee-jee -uz outta me!

moo

Does anyone know what became of R.B., the guy who was disturbing graves with BSL?
Is he still around? Friends with BSL? Gotten in trouble for anything else?

~just an honest question

very good point. you see my brain doesn't think out the box, or vehicle in this particular situation - LOL!

well then, that road really does look like a great place to hide a body when you walk the little man up and down it on the map. LOTS of trees. there are quite a few roads like that in LA, but if that particular one would be familiar to BSL, then i hope they search it! spirit in the picture or no spirit in the picture, it should be searched. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member