*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I might be incorrect but not guilty by reason of insanity doesn't mean you go home, right? You go to an institution to spend your foreseeable future with others who are allegedly criminally insane? Jmo, that sounds pretty bleak.

Correct, and again I believe he's faking his "I'm so insane that I have no idea what's going on" in court because he either thinks it will get him out of the needle or prison by going to a mental hospital with a slight possibility of being released someday, or he's faking because he's so sick that he gets off in fooling people. I really could care less why he's faking insanity. I also BELIEVE that the monster will never see the free daylight again.

And I can guarantee at any jail in the country, if you come in spitting at everyone, they are going to medicate you and quickly.

Most jails will restrain the spitter, not medicate them. They have what's known as a spit shield for those unruly prisoners. If someone is brought in to jail in the middle of the night, who would be available to prescrible medication?

How about from the store where e was buying Emmo.
Sales man said he was strange, even a customer said it...
Why should they sell this stuff to someone who seems strange?
How about 911 there is a guy in the store he was here 2 weeks ago and bought a gun
he is acting strange... wants another gun, and he is creeping us out.
can you please come down and we will delay him here?

And as I said earlier not a damn thing that could've been done with the way our laws are at this time.. Cops could talk to him all day, run his background.. No mental illness.. And one measly traffic ticket.. You do realize that they could not have even been able to have access to this mans purchases that he was making online without a warrant and probable cause is not pink hair and big eyes..

As sad as it is no one person or group was privy to enough information to have done anything in these specific manners of the university, neighbors, or the guy from the gun store.. It's true and it's sad and it's frustrating!

How about 911 there is a guy in the store he was here 2 weeks ago and bought a gun
he is acting strange... wants another gun, and he is creeping us out.
can you please come down and we will delay him here?

What crime is he committing here? We can't arrest people because a clerk in a store thinks they are strange. We can't do it even if we think they are strange.

Oh my dear God in heaven!! Cold blooded, calculated evil!!

Up until now I thought maybe this was possibly an accidental shooting, but if the word RAMPAGE was yelled then obviously this is pure intentional evil. Dear God in Heaven did he really yell rampage?

respectfully, did you warn anyone?

WARN ANYONE :waitasec: of what?
If you are referring to my Daughter... she is not dangerous to anyone but herself.
Did I ask her friends to keep an eye on her SURE…
do her friends still call me secretly all for my daughters benefit SURE.

RE: all the more reason to call and report him to LE.

If you saw someone swerving in traffic would ya call someone?
Someone clutching their chest plummeting to the ground would you call someone?
Someone having a convulsion?
Someone bleeding profusely?
It was just posted (gotta go check out not really sure I think we would have heard this before) but he is screaming. If you passed someone that was just on a sidewalk screaming at people would you call someone? That is all I am saying !
Usually all this falls to LE so does what follows:

civil commitment is a legal process through which an individual with symptoms of severe mental illness is court-ordered into treatment in a hospital (inpatient) or in the community (outpatient).
proceedings often follow a period of emergency hospitalization during which an individual with acute psychiatric symptoms is confined for a relatively short duration (e.g. 72 hours) in
stabilization (any of us believe blowing away 70 people indicates emotionial stablilty?)
A common reason given for involuntary commitment is to prevent danger to the individual or society (for the protection of members of the public)

)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involuntary_commitment#Containment_of_danger

We have seen no evidence that this guy did any of those things/

There is no evidence that he did anything at his school that was any cause for great alarm.

What crime is he committing here? We can't arrest people because a clerk in a store thinks they are strange. We can't do it even if we think they are strange.

I think that is the point wher he should have been looked into more closely.

I don't know how different US really is from Canada since they are talking about Andrea Yates getting out one of this days. So I would not say this could not have happened here.

Thank you for explaining. I really don't keep up with Canada's judicial system so I did not know that. Omg there are really so plain sick people in the world.

BBM.

BBM. I apologize for misunderstanding. Your first post seemed pretty clear that you felt, if he was believed, that this could be a possibility.

It was me who mentioned Canada. That was for a reason and not because I think you are from there. Here's why:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...assenger-wins-right-to-leave-mental-hospital/

That guy beheaded a passenger who was sleeping on a bus, in 2009. Already, the authorities are allowing this man to go on trips outside the mental hospital.

That would never happen in the United States. Not guilty by reason of insanity is not only a rare defense it's also almost impossible to achieve. Again, even when the defendant is flopping around under the table during trial and pooping his pants in court.

I was trying to show how different we are from more liberal criminal justice systems, by mentioning Canada. It had nothing to do with you.
someone made a reference that this isn't Canada

I did too, that was from Luka case and then i researched and it did seem that a lot of people that did insanity (in Canada) got out quick.

So when everyone on this case in AMerica is anxious about him even winning an insantiy plea that was when I posted the facts

insanity here (America) in most instances results in longer peroids of being off the streets

safer , obviously after last Friday, for him not to be crusing about!

Believe it or not statistically him winning insanity is better ....

. see post with about 8-9 links outlining facts!
But IMO all moot , he IMO is gonna get ruled inompt - he is not gonna be able to hold it togehther in jail for 18 months

its already started
Another inmate at Arapahoe Detention Center says that Holmes "was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards. He's spitting at everything. Dude was acting crazy."
http://laist.com/2012/07/21/inmates_talking_about_killing_massa.php

Were IMO gonna have inmates, correction officers, housekeeping, food prep , beside all the trained folks - coming in and describing (think puppets) very bizairre behaviors

he has only been in three days!

WARN ANYONE :waitasec: of what?
If you are referring to my Daughter... she is not dangerous to anyone but herself.
Did I ask her friends to keep an eye on her SURE…
do her friends still call me secretly all for my daughters benefit SURE.

that is my point

And as I said earlier not a damn thing that could've been done with the way our laws are at this time.. Cops could talk to him all day, run his background.. No mental illness.. And one measly traffic ticket.. You do realize that they could not have even been able to have access to this mans purchases that he was making online without a warrant and probable cause is not pink hair and big eyes..

As sad as it is no one person or group was privy to enough information to have done anything in these specific manners of the university, neighbors, or the guy from the gun store.. It's true and it's sad and it's frustrating!

That is why I started this thread.
the statistics all over the world are far better then here.
IMHO we have to review and alter.

But the 2 running for office are so afraid to touch this,
Just pre- elections especially. It may cost them votes.

It is the law-- they have to - if LE WERE CALLED and they made the determination then:

civil commitment is a legal process through which an individual with symptoms of severe mental illness is court-ordered into treatment in a hospital (inpatient) or in the community (outpatient).

proceedings often follow a period of emergency hospitalization during which an individual with acute psychiatric symptoms is confined for a relatively short duration (e.g. 72 hours) in
stabilization (any of us believe blowing away 70 people indicates emotionial stablilty?)
A common reason given for involuntary commitment is to prevent danger to the individual or society (for the protection of members of the public)

this is not a politicial forum

jmo

I don't know how different US really is from Canada since they are talking about Andrea Yates getting out one of this days. So I would not say this could not have happened here.

Well, Andrea Yates is a very, very rare case and our courts are notoriously softer on mothers than any other criminal defendant. A person who attacks and kills a stranger is likely never getting out of prison or a hospital, in this country.

RE: all the more reason to call and report him to LE.

If you saw someone swerving in traffic would ya call someone?
Someone clutching their chest plummeting to the ground would you call someone?
Someone having a convulsion?
Someone bleeding profusely?
It was just posted (gotta go check out not really sure I think we would have heard this before) but he is screaming. If you passed someone that was just on a sidewalk screaming at people would you call someone? That is all I am saying !
Usually all this falls to LE so does what follows:

)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involuntary_commitment#Containment_of_danger

Are you kidding? You can't civilly commit someone for the behaviors the murderer is reported to have exhibited. Wow. Not even close!

His dropping out or dyeing his hair or failing an exam or making a store owner feel uncomfortable, etc., none of those behavior alone would come close to meriting a psych hold! And none of those behaviors when taken together would merit a psych hold.

The ONLY way this guy would have been civilly committed is if he actually threatened to kill or harm himself or kill or physically harm another. Period. And then, he would be unlikely to be held for more than 72 hours.

Originally Posted by wfgodot
Harrowing article and, within it, this:

Also:

Witnesses: Colo. suspect shouted during rampage (CBS News)

I'm so sickened right now....to picture innocent happy people sitting, eating popcorn, enjoying a movie, and having them suffer through that, makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry for hours ;(

I am hoping he is mentally ill because if someone can just be evil like that...I can't wrap my head around that.

No the "world over" doesn't for the most part lock them up.

The vast majority of killers in the US have a history of arrests, and they are let out quick, they are not unknown dangers. For some odd reason an unusual case like this freaks everyone out.

Predators exist and they are generally not hard to spot, for some odd reason when unexpected predators come up (such as in this case) everyone freaks out. 16,000 murders a year in this country and the killer's are rarely strangers to the law, they have records, they have history, they are known. Why does everyone focus on the freak occurence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060