TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/b]

Believe09

BBM-I was going to respond to your question, but Carla has answered it very well. My question is why you would think they shouldn't?

Sorry I missed this. I didnt say they shouldnt. I am not sure LE is driven by the court of public opinion during an active investigation and I am not sure it is prudent for them to be transparent about evidence they have, especially during an active investigation. I realize that there are things that we would like to know and things we would like clarified.

Upthread it was said that Holly was in the carport where she bled and that Clint couldn't see her.

He told the media on JVM that he saw silhouettes in the carport. I sure would like a specific explanation on how he saw silhouettes from the kitchen window. He told JVM that he was looking into the garage from the kitchen window....

This little nugget opens up all kinds of confusion. I want the same time of day, the same time of year, re-enacted, to prove how he saw silhouettes and not actual people.

Ahhh on JVM he never said he looked into the garage from the kitchen window. He said he looked into the garage but didn't specify where/how.

From the transcripts:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. Clint, it was about 7:30 in the morning. Where were you? What vantage point and what did you see?

C. BOBO: I was asleep in my bedroom and I was awoken by the sounds of our house dog barking.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And what did you see?

C. BOBO: I saw the silhouette of two people in our garage. At the time I had no idea who either one of the people were. And then come to realize later that that was my sister and her abductor.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait, in the garage?

You were -- how do you -- when you`re asleep -- I`m just trying to get a picture. You`re asleep and then how do you see what`s going on in the garage? Ok, the dog barks, you wake up. Are you on the same level -- it`s all one floor.

C. BOBO: Right. Yes, we have a one story house?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you walk into the garage?

C. BOBO: No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: They were in the garage or outside the garage?

C. BOBO: They were inside the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok so as you watched, it was a man inside the garage with your sister and then what happens?

C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her.

Note that Clint said he did not know who EITHER of the two people were at that time

How did the search go?

Looks like their facebook page is the best way to check for updated information. But I don't think there will be any updates on whether or not anything of interest was found, because I think they have a confidentiality clause.

It would be great to hear from people local to the area.

Sorry I missed this. I didnt say they shouldnt. I am not sure LE is driven by the court of public opinion during an active investigation and I am not sure it is prudent for them to be transparent about evidence they have, especially during an active investigation. I realize that there are things that we would like to know and things we would like clarified.

True enough sometimes, well most times if an investigation is just beginning, but this one is not. With so much misinformation and changing stories, if they want or need the publics help, they at least need to clarify the exact events as well as possible, as do the Bobos. They may think they do not need the public, but the point is to at least release exactly what happened so the public can help if they did see anything unusual that morning. People's memories fade and it may be too late for that, but it could of helped and it still might if they do so. They do not need to release any information about possible suspects or what they are investigating or where. Just give people the basics as even on this board we get info sometimes of what happened that is rumor and can't be backed up. If we get that kind of info I can't imagine what is being passed around in the actual community. That can't be helpful at all if someone saw something they didn't think mattered at the time of her abduction. LE needs to just stand up, hold a press conference, announce exactly what happened so the rumors are dispelled. People can then move on and have a context of what happened. Then they may remember something to add that fills in the puzzle. Even if LE is dead certain they know who did it and are waiting for some sort of evidence to be able to make an arrest or get a search warrant, someone out there may hold that info. I believe Mr. Bobo has asked for what happened to be released. That must mean we only know part of what happened, none of it, or it was a story for some reason. Maybe to protect Clint because LE doesn't want the abductor to know that they have a pretty good idea who did it. JMO of course.

I understand your point dejavoo and I understand more than you know the frustration of the family. I am sceptical of transparency during an active investigation, and sharing with the family puts the family in the position of being able to release what they wish whether or not LE approves.

There are heavy hitters on this case. There are active searches, even when the public is unaware of them I suspect. We dont know what tips have been sent in and investigated. As for Holly's family, they want her home yesterday. That is undoubtedly their sole focus and I think they probably hope there is someone out there who holds the key as well.

Who gets to decide how that person is uncovered? I think it should be the people with the most information fwiw.

LE in this case hasn't just been non-transparent. It has been overwhelmingly opaque. 469 days since last TBI press release.

Ahhh on JVM he never said he looked into the garage from the kitchen window. He said he looked into the garage but didn't specify where/how.

From the transcripts:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. Clint, it was about 7:30 in the morning. Where were you? What vantage point and what did you see?

C. BOBO: I was asleep in my bedroom and I was awoken by the sounds of our house dog barking.

C. BOBO: I saw the silhouette of two people in our garage. At the time I had no idea who either one of the people were. And then come to realize later that that was my sister and her abductor.

You were -- how do you -- when you`re asleep -- I`m just trying to get a picture. You`re asleep and then how do you see what`s going on in the garage? Ok, the dog barks, you wake up. Are you on the same level -- it`s all one floor.

C. BOBO: No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok so as you watched, it was a man inside the garage with your sister and then what happens?

C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her.

Note that Clint said he did not know who EITHER of the two people were at that time
----------------

Carla, you have been a dominant and persistant presence on the Holly Bobo case here at Websleuths. I am truly interested in why you are so passionate about this particular case.

A new clause has been added to the registration form for searching..
By checking the box I acknowledge that all information as pertaining to the search I am registering for is to be kept confidential. I agree that I may not share information and that if I violate this confidentiality agreement any of the following may happen:
1. Dismissal From Search
2. Banned From Other Searches
3. Legal Prosecution
http://www.southeastk9sar.org/Search_Pre-Registration.html

As I said this is a new clause added that is mandatory the searcher must agree to.. This clause was not previously used as recently as the last search earlier in July..

Not implying anything just found it interesting that it was added this late in the game and can only hope that it's indicative that they indeed are getting closer to the truth and therefor necessary to keep knowledge of particular details and findings from finding their way back to those involved..

All jmo..

As I said this is a new clause added that is mandatory the searcher must agree to.. This clause was not previously used as recently as the last search earlier in July..

Not implying anything just found it interesting that it was added this late in the game and can only hope that it's indicative that they indeed are getting closer to the truth and therefor necessary to keep knowledge of particular details and findings from finding their way back to those involved..

All jmo..

Or, they may be cracking down on the pillow talk. JMO.

Just every now and then a case bothers me for some personal reason. I have followed only one other case with much attention; the Anne Pressly murder. I just feel some connection here and Holly's case really bothers me deeply. I pray for some sort of resolution.

Just every now and then a case bothers me for some personal reason. I have followed only one other case with much attention; the Anne Pressly murder. I just feel some connection here and Holly's case really bothers me deeply. I pray for some sort of resolution.

I understand, and I feel the same way about Holly's case. I don't know why, other than we're only a couple years apart and I feel like we would have been friends had we known each other. This case tugs at my heart like no other.

I admit, my fascination with this case is in part due to the sheer bizarreness of it all...a witnessed abduction...on a spring morning...all kinds of LE arriving within minutes...phones a buzzin' all over the county...etc. & etc....

And nothing to report.

I admit, my fascination with this case is in part due to the sheer bizarreness of it all...a witnessed abduction...on a spring morning...all kinds of LE arriving within minutes...phones a buzzin' all over the county...etc. & etc....

And nothing to report.

There were many reasons that drew me to the Holly Bobo abduction, but the primary reason was Karen Bobo's heartwrenching plea for help aired on national tv.

I had attended a missing/murdered person conference the previous month in NC, which featured Megan Maxwell(TN), as one of the many missing/murdered victims. I was born in Tennessee, and spent many safe & carefree summers there as a child, & went to HS in Savannah, TN, not far from Parsons, TN.

Who would have thought we would be here over 16 months later without results, and that the Bobos would still be pleading for everyone's help?

All jmo..

Yes, also notice that there were two separate staging areas. One for locals, one for the search team. In certain types of investigations, there are often even more that are not made public in any way.

To me, that points to full cooperation from LE and a very active investigation.

Mvhoo

Interest in case, hmmm. Born and raised in a town called Parsons, albeit not in TN. First inkling this case was going to be a mess: botched "drug into the woods" and the whole LE/Clint contretemps. After that, it was "buckle your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride." It's been like watching a car wreck - same macabre fascination - albeit with the film slowed to two or three frames per year. Plus Holly reminds me of a former student.

The fact that Holly was abducted outside of her home, in the morning, and it was witnessed by her brother caught my attention about this case immediately. I was certain Holly would be found quickly…

From the transcripts:

Thank you for the transcript. According to Clint he saw them in the garage from inside the house. He saw them walking TOWARDS the woods. He never said they went into the woods.

I maintain that Clint was watching from a different vantage point other than from inside the house. Clint never saw a vehicle? What kind of perp would park in the woods and walk to get a victim and force them to the car. Why not just pull up to her car and take her right there?

1. If the perp thought Clint wasn't home, why hide the vehicle?
2. If the perp suspected "Clint was home, why take the chance? Do this on a different day.

1. If the perp thought Clint wasn't home, why hide the vehicle?
Because Holly knew not only the person but the vehicle also, and would have feared the mere sight of said vehicle?

Because Holly knew not only the person but the vehicle also, and would have feared the mere sight of said vehicle?

I honor your opinion, wfgodot, but respectfully disagree.
All indicators point to an experienced stranger sexual predator in Holly Bobo's abduction. This is one of many reasons this case has grown cold, and Holly Bobo's remains haven't been located after 16 months. The TBI focused on 'it has to be a local theory' from day one. Due to this perceived hypothesis & the antiquated strategy of silence, all other theories were disregarded..

The perp would have hid the vehicle in the woods to prevent neighbors or folks passing by from seeing it, imo. Her abductor was no stranger to the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member