IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the LE thought TG was in danger wouldn't they have told him not to go to the media with his story?

If the LE thought TG was in danger wouldn't they have told him not to go to the media with his story?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Thought y'all were talking about the perp parked in the car.

I don't think he did go to the media with his story. I've never seen him interviewed or quoted. Everything we know about TG, we learned from his account on FB, I think.

TG was interviewed by the media and there are at least two pictures of him, one of which Otto just posted.

<snipped for space>
The reality is that it's very, very rare that anything discovered from people on this site helps to solve an active case. It happens, I'm sure. But it's extremely rare.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering but didn't quite know how to ask. It does seem to help get the word out and raise awareness too. But I wondered if the info posted here ever really helped directly.

Even if it's rare... maybe this'll be one of the few. Please, for Lyric and Elizabeth's sake.

TG was interviewed by the media and there are at least two pictures of him, one of which Otto just posted.

I thought a photographer just took and posted/published those photos in the paper, without an interview. I don't recall an interview, but I was a few days late getting here, so I'm probably wrong. :)

Either way, LE may not have told him to shut it until they drained the lake and called it an abduction.

TY to all for posting links concerning attempted abductions in the area. Am trying to keep an open mind. Still thinking back to why LE believes these girls are alive.

Find it odd that a stranger would know to leave their bikes by the lake, or that there even was a lake to throw LE off. If truly a stranger how could they know area well enough? Not that a perv could not be responsible..just feel that evidence points to someone closer. (hoping that is the case as there is better chance for a good outcome)

I'll go ahead and say it: the longer this goes on even if it was a kidnapping for payment, payback, etc the situation grows bleaker. Would be all but impossible for someone associated to keep these babies hidden now.

Can the lake be seen from the main highway that goes by there? I dont think he had to necessarily know the area well to leave the bikes there but it was convenient and no one was around at the time. It seems if it was an insider they would have left the bikes where they know the girls go often and the families have said they do not go to the bike path. The cameras shows them going in the opposite direction from the lake.

I believe it is in like most cases and LE is saying they 'believe' they are alive simply because they have no proof they are dead. I dont have much hope that they are alive.

The stranger could have come into town a couple of days before and it isnt a big town to learn. Joesph Duncan wasnt even from the same state as Shasta and Dylan Greone yet he was capable of going into their home undetected and murdering their family and kidnapping them. He admitted to Shasta that he had cased their home out before going in. So did Lyric and Elizabeth have a stalker and never knew it?

No doubt about it this family is about as dysfunctional as it gets but other kidnapped children didnt come from idealic families either yet the families had nothing to do with their child's disappearance and abduction.

I dont think the family is involved. Imo, this has pedophile written all over it. Whether he abducted them at the lake or some place else it doesnt take long at all to whisk two young frightened girls away. If he threatened to harm one of them then the other one would comply with his demands, imo.

As I have posted before.......children have been abducted in broad daylight by a predator and it can happen in this case too. They didnt even have to plan for the abduction to take place. A lot of times pedophiles seize on an opportunity they see and they saw two young girls alone with no one around them at the time. There was nothing or anyone stopping them.

It also may be someone from that town who lives there and the girls may have known them by sight enough to feel comfortable being in a close contact with them. I dont think it is going to turnout to be a RSO but may be someone who has molested within his own family and when he saw the girls alone he stepped out of his comfort zone.

IMO

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering but didn't quite know how to ask. It does seem to help get the word out and raise awareness too. But I wondered if the info posted here ever really helped directly.

Even if it's rare... maybe this'll be one of the few. Please, for Lyric and Elizabeth's sake.

Lots of WS members have gone on searches, worked with TES and other organizations, volunteered time, donated money for search groups, etc...some have been crucial in identifying remains in the "unidentified" thread, at least one member has found a missing person by checking out a body of body and locating the victim's car, with victim inside. So WS is not just for the curious.

I must have missed something, where did you see the comment "fish" and in what context was it written, can you direct me please? Thank you

I am lost too, what is the fish post about, sorry if I missed it trying to catch up...TIA

I'm certainly not an authority. Others could give us a better idea of how often WS directly helps with a case. Of course, there are likely times when someone gives investigators ideas that are never acknowledged by investigators. And LE probably receives encouragement and, at times, needed criticism from following what people have to say around here.

I know that some very wonderful people around here work painstakingly to help connect discovered remains with known missing persons, etc. And they do have some success. And it's mostly a thankless job.

With the active cases that receive a lot of media publicity and which draw a lot of traffic to the site, I don't think there's a lot of crime-solving that takes place. But there is always a first time, and it certainly helps me to spend a little time poking around online. I'm not the kind of person who can just put something like a pair of missing cousins completely out of mind. And I think most of the people here feel similarly.

I'm certainly not an authority. Others could give us a better idea of how often WS directly helps with a case. Of course, there are likely times when someone gives investigators ideas that are never acknowledged by investigators. And LE probably receives encouragement and, at times, needed criticism from following what people have to say around here.

I know that some very wonderful people around here work painstakingly to help connect discovered remains with known missing persons, etc. And they do have some success. And it's mostly a thankless job.

With the active cases that receive a lot of media publicity and which draw a lot of traffic to the site, I don't think there's a lot of crime-solving that takes place. But there is always a first time, and it certainly helps me to spend a little time poking around online. I'm not the kind of person who can just put something like a pair of missing cousins completely out of mind. And I think most of the people here feel similarly.

Great post:seeya:!!!

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Ima

I'm curious about the drain there at the jetty. (I think that's where it is). Is it a drain that lies lengthwise or is it one that stands on it's end and drains down and under the lake? I wondered if it were possible to reach the drain and perhaps one of the girls had fallen in and the other tried to help and fell in too. If it lies lengthwise, then that would be a moot point.

WS folks definitely help with searches and contribute money to help find people. That's a great part of this community for sure. Now let's move to a new thread.

I've been looking at the fences and wondering if the girls were tossed over the fence where the bikes and purse were found and then pushed into the woods to a nearby vehicle.

The fence is 8 feet high.

I think in prison lingo, it means new guy that needs a 'daddy'.

Not that I have served time. I think maybe I heard it is "Shawshank Redemption".

:p

Terms such as 'new fish', 'fresh fish' (when used within the corrections population, by staff, not just inmates) means a newbie. New to the unit, floor, or section, etc.

Guards are often referred to as 'screws'. Seriously.

If one more someone related to you know who that does meth and has spent time in jail is mentioned, I'm going to smoke a joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn