Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the map and the photograph below. It's a pretty good guess that poison ivy is crawling in that place behind the fence. Heck, it's a winter shot and the look of the overgrowth still screams, "Itch City HERE!"

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=68598#beginMap

Let's hope the coroner over there isn't like the one we had in St. Landry Parish about a decade ago...The guy was an attorney and screwed up every investigation he touched. :banghead:

I wonder if anyone significant to BSL is buried here?
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...creek+cemetery&CScntry=4&CSst=20&CScnty=1128&

Try not to forget this is "cajun country". Cut off finger so what slap a bandaid on it and get to work is the typical mentality. As far as when he slept, For all we know he coulda slept all day before going on the "prowl" for a victim. Its not that hard to be up for 24 straight hours if you wanna.

i never could really figure out how to hope mickey was alive someplace...if she had been, she would not have been safe and being cared for, that is for sure; she would probably have been being tortured and assaulted daily. To be honest, once her bike was found, and where it was found, i felt certain she was gone.

me too clu and mostly everybody else i discussed it with, folks from laffy. A downer !!

I can't wrap my head around this dude digging a deep grave with his nearly cut-off finger, multiple stab wounds, and barely any sleep, dumping bikes and visiting multiple hospitals. Perhaps he is bipolar. Insomnia is a known side effect of that. I know when something is nagging my brain, no matter how small or dumb (even a song I heard earlier in the day replaying in my head), it will keep me up. My brain doesn't shut itself off and I can't slip into sleep like normal people. I'm more A.D.D. than bipolar so no need to be afraid of me lol

Individuals who are bipolar are typically a threat only to themselves. Their manic phase must last about two weeks and then the depressed phase another two weeks. If you fluctuate between happy and sad within the course of 36 hours, however, you aren't clinically bipolar.

If insane, he is likely more schizophrenic than bipolar. Schizophrenics have dissociative thoughts, some with delusions (the devil made me do it or I am the devil/the joker).

Try not to forget this is "cajun country". Cut off finger so what slap a bandaid on it and get to work is the typical mentality. As far as when he slept, For all we know he coulda slept all day before going on the "prowl" for a victim. Its not that hard to be up for 24 straight hours if you wanna.

And if he worked offshore he could have been accustomed to it!

WAFB stated that the person who told them where the body was located was a "criminal source"

still catching up, so sorry if ya'll figured this out. but just in case, i don't want to forget to ask. what exactly is a "criminal source"?

going off my gut feeling, i don't think BSL had an accomplice. i think they kept him up allllllll night and he finally fessed up this morning. i know LE isn't supposed to do that, but i think they did anyway.

just my guess. it's Louisiana

I can't wrap my head around this dude digging a deep grave with his nearly cut-off finger, multiple stab wounds, and barely any sleep, dumping bikes and visiting multiple hospitals. Perhaps he is bipolar. Insomnia is a known side effect of that. I know when something is nagging my brain, no matter how small or dumb (even a song I heard earlier in the day replaying in my head), it will keep me up. My brain doesn't shut itself off and I can't slip into sleep like normal people. I'm more A.D.D. than bipolar so no need to be afraid of me lol
I can imagine someone who is on amphetamines accomplishing most of that. The injured finger I have some trouble with, but it would depend which finger and if it was on his dominant hand.

Who besides me thinks additional arrests are coming?

The arrests IMO, IMO, to follow may not be in the form of an accomplice. I suspect withholding evidence, not sure who but I think someone is guilty of that, at least one person. I also imagine this might bring charges against.......don't know exactly who but someone for cruelty to children.

Due to the Olympics, our work television was on as this news hit about 5pm. Not being here, with all of you left me feeling so very sad and relieved, angry and a calm fell over me.

To the Shunicks, God's healing peace...there are no words but alas you will be able to bring your child home....I am sick to my stomach and for the life of me I will never understand the darkness that sweeps our world.

I am so honored to have been here with all of you amazing human beings. You have my gratitude, my appreciation and my admiration. In this darkness, each of you has been a beacon of Light. There is still much to do...

still catching up, so sorry if ya'll figured this out. but just in case, i don't want to forget to ask. what exactly is a "criminal source"?

going off my gut feeling, i don't think BSL had an accomplice. i think they kept him up allllllll night and he finally fessed up this morning. i know LE isn't supposed to do that, but i think they did anyway.

I think BL is the source...he is a criminal, he would have the info, he was apparently checked out of jail today for a spell...adds up for me.

You are absolutely right! That poor girl will have a hard time trusting people again and feel ashamed of her inability to be a good judge of character. Poor thing...I feel for her.

I know the girlfriend from school and I can pretty much bet that she is completely distraught by all of this. She is a quiet, meek, soft spoken young lady. She grew up in a very Catholic household, with very warm and friendly parents. I seriously doubt she had any knowledge of what was going on.

BBM

Strictly speculation, but a little to coincidental not to be related

http://theadvocate.com/home/3568478-123/police-believe-body-found-in

Individuals who are bipolar are typically a threat only to themselves. Their manic phase must last about two weeks and then the depressed phase another two weeks. If you fluctuate between happy and sad within the course of 36 hours, however, you aren't clinically bipolar.

If insane, he is likely more schizophrenic than bipolar. Schizophrenics have dissociative thoughts, some with delusions (the devil made me do it or I am the devil/the joker).

I think you (not in particular) are giving him too much credit. IMO, he is just evil. Many people with bi-polar disease and schizophrenia lead normal lives, although on medication. Although only rumor, this guy seems to have killed more than once and lead a life of crime (in one way or another). Don't mean to be mean-spirited, that's not my intent. I just think it does a disservice to people with mental illness that don't go out and commit these heinous crimes.

I was merely suggesting he *might* have some sort of mental issue. I'm not a doctor, nor am I on the same playing field with this guy. I was just suggesting that mental illness could have been a factor. Clearly this isn't the work of a normal human being and I probably stated the obvious. Also I didn't mean to compare myself to him. Just saying, I can get the no sleep thing.

Hi everyone. Can anyone give BSL's trailer address? I can't seem to find it anywhere. So it would appear this cemetery is not all that far from his home, right?

I think he said credible source and it just sounded like criminal.

like all of you, i have been so emotionally invested in this from early on. We are all grieving now, even though many of us have no "direct ties" to mickey. Today is my wedding anniversary. I never thought today would also mark what has happened. A bittersweet anniversary august 7th will be from now on. Today should be declared "mickey's day", because she is a hero and saved more lives than we'll ever know. Finally, mickey can be brought home :(

i would hope that the townspeople would design / implement a bike path named after mickey. One that would project her free spirit. Would love to see this developed in memory of mickey !!
Not sure if all the money that has been donated has been spent paying the expenses of texsearch / dogs, pi, le or whoever ? But if any funds are left, perhaps it could be donated to break ground for the ms bike path. Just an idea / suggestion !

I was merely suggesting he *might* have some sort of mental issue. I'm not a doctor, nor am I on the same playing field with this guy. I was just suggesting that mental illness could have been a factor. Clearly this isn't the work of a normal human being and I probably stated the obvious. Also I didn't mean to compare myself to him. Just saying, I can get the no sleep thing.

I hear you. Yes, the no sleep thing never even bothered me. Ever worked night shift? Ever had a newborn? Ever been running on pure adrenaline? I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015