CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Jessica?? Why would they even mention a body found in relation to Jessicas case?? Im so confused!! Specially if they knew this child was not Jessica?? RIP baby girl

because all the reporters would know they are they and they'd start speculating what is going on, better to be up front in my opinion...too much awareness and media in the area.

Same here. I think think they know it's someone in her neighborhood. Twitter is reporting their neighborhood access is shut down. I have wondered all along if there was a witness we haven't heard about. Possibly a minor who saw something. LE has obviously been on top of this. I am certain they have a very good chance of catching this perp.

"Some of Wednesday's search efforts were carried out in areas near her home. There was so much activity near Witt Elementary that educators are keeping kids inside."

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/c...-partidge-park-open-space-westy#axzz28x9eHmNh

That mine shack is creepy looking! The body wasn't found in it right? Just near by? I wonder how many people go by this area and if its possible a body has been there for a couple days and just not discovered until today or if it was just put there today. Hoping its not Jessica but not very optimistic right now.

PHOTO: map showing distance between discoveries A: #jessicaridgeway home B: backpack found C: unknown body discovered pic.twitter.com/1QSE6UGb

kenny Holmes 7News on twitter

Can someone give me the one-second summary of the "foul videos" people are talking about that relate to the general area?

I saw talk about it, but couldn't dig up the original post to understand the gist.

thanks

FWIW:
Chicago ABC7 just announced two CO police sources have reported to them that they believe they have found Jessica's body.

Picture of police removing remains...It does look like a child's body IMO.

This is just heartbreaking :(

Attachments

• A45NbauCEAEHUJC.jpg
    A45NbauCEAEHUJC.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 393
When I saw this might be Jessica, the very first thought that flashed through my mind unexpectedly was Kayleah Wilson. Her murderer's in prison. She was 12, killed in Greeley, by 17 yo boyfriend.

This may not be her, and if it is, there are multiple possible scenarios. I was just stunned that that case jumped into my mind unbidden.

Moo

I just checked- it looks like Kayleah's remains were found in 2010 and identified by dental records.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/decomposed-body-identified-missing-12-year-girl-kayleah/t/story?id=10703602

Sorry but it still doesn't make any sense to me. What person is going to risk dumping a back pack of a known kidnapped child in the middle of a neighborhood street? Everyone has cameras on their cell phones nowadays, it could take seconds for someone to see it and snap a picture of the license plate. I mean if they had to get rid of the bag why not drive into a wooded area and toss the bag into the bushes? Pull over on the side of a bridge and toss it over or on the side of a highway and toss it down an embankment?

SBM & BBM

I think that if the perpetrator is someone who lives near Jessica, the intensive searching of the area around Jessica's home may have been inconvenient and/or nervewracking. Particularly if he had potentially incriminating in his possession.

Wait until LE shows up to do a more intensive search of his home or create a diversion so that LE loses focus for at least a while on Jessica's neighbourhood?

I'm thinking this perp has a scanner or listens to it online.

I don't think he took that great a risk in dropping the backpack where it was found. The homeowner sounds pretty definite that it was not there when he left his home at 6:30 pm, which is almost dark. He saw it when he came home at 1:00 am, so it was dropped after dark.

Whoever the perp is, I believe he's already proven to be good at spotting when there is no one around to see what he's doing. I think he waited until there was a gap in the traffic, dropped the backpack and drove back home to listen to the scanner some more.

I also think there is an element of flaunting to both incidents (Jessica's abduction and the backpack). In both cases, I think part of the thrill for him is to send the message "I'm here and I have the power to scare you."

Tangential note: I think most people are honest and well meaning. Based on my life experience, which I realise gives me a skewed view.

For example, my husband loses his wallet all the time by leaving it on a store shelf (when he took his shopping list out of it), leaving it in the restroom, leaving it at the cash register, leaving it on the running board of our van while he loads it, etc. If there is a way to lose a wallet, he's done it.

And every single time, it has been returned to him with everything intact, including all his cash and the debit cards untouched.

It's a good thing he's my emotional anchor and knows how to keep me sane, otherwise he'd drive me crazy! But he always tells me that no matter what else he may forget, he never forgets he loves me.

Over eighteen years together and he still makes my heart go flippity-flop on a regular basis.

I can't even begin to express how heartbroken I am tonight. This case has really pulled at me and I had such hope that this angel would come back home to her family. Jessica looks so much like my niece that yesterday I had the pic of her & her dog open and my youngest wanted to know when (niece) got a new dog. Right now I want to drive a few mins up the road and convince my ex sister-in-law to let me sit in K's room and just watch her sleep for a little while. I want to make her promise that she will never let K out of her sight again despite the fact that she is 11 and growing up so quickly and then I want to come home and stick my own children in a bubble so I will never know this nightmare firsthand. My heart aches for a little girl that deserved so much more and a family that will never know normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW:
Chicago ABC7 just announced two CO police sources have reported to them that they believe they have found Jessica's body.

This is so heartbreaking. The local police parsed their words in a way that confirmed for me that it is her. Thanks for the info.

PHOTO: map showing distance between discoveries A: #jessicaridgeway home B: backpack found C: unknown body discovered pic.twitter.com/1QSE6UGb

kenny Holmes 7News on twitter

A45InBSCEAAGWZG.jpg

Can someone give me the one-second summary of the "foul videos" people are talking about that relate to the general area?

I saw talk about it, but couldn't dig up the original post to understand the gist.

thanks

To me, it sounded like immature boys pretending to have Jessica locked in their basement, making prank phone calls to LE, saying disgusting things about Jessica and acting like psychos. In one of them, I suspected that the "LE" was actually another little idiot, though in the other, it sounded possibly genuine.

Thank goodness that she was found so quickly ... there is hope that there will be good evidence and DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels