CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind, that's what this guy looks like. dunno why. just the image I have.

Hi, I'm new here although I lurked and read during the CA trial and a few others, I never registered and posted. I am in CO and this case is really upsetting to me, as I have school aged kids and we aren't too far from Superior/Westminster/Arvada. I have tried to read the threads but I haven't been able to keep up with all of them. I tried to search and see if this had been posted, but I guess I don't have search priveleges. -- so sorry if this has been posted already, but there was a case in September in Longmont where a man in a red pickup followed and then chased two 9th grade girls. They ran to a nearby house to escape, and the man got away. As far as I know they haven't caught the guy.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/23/police-search-for-man-who-chased-teen-girls-in-longmont/

Longmont is about a 30 minute drive from Westminser/Superior.

Just a quick local perspective before calling it a night. The weather on Fri 10/5 and Sat 10/6 was unseasonably cold and wet. No one in their right mind was outside on either of those 2 days or nights for more than a brief period of time. With the backpack likely being placed on Sat night, probably not someone hiking/ walking as others have been talking abt.

Spot on. I can corroborate. It snowed and the snow stuck around until noon - next day was freezing rain.

I hope those poor guys get counselling or something...

I'm sure many of us need it. I'm not embarrassed to say I'm one of them. I will never be the same after this, that's for sure. I'm seriously out walking my dog afraid I'm going to trip over a body part. Thats the kind of fear this manic puts in all of us. Not anymore, I'm turning it around and trying to take control of my thought processes! Also hard is wondering if everyone you see, at the store, etc. could be the guy. Driving me crazy. I seriously thought about taking time off work and just leaving for a while, but running away isn't going to solve this. I, and we as a community, need to face these feelings / issues (is there a psych thread, lol) And as a teacher, I need to be strong for my students, so bring it on I'm not going to be scared anymore and let this thing rob me of my sanity!

Back to the case, lets get this dirtbag. So....is there a support group on this forum for things like this?

Regarding the assumption that because Jessica may have been found near a tree, she must have been visible and displayed. I completely disagree with this. Flowers were left at the base of a tree, but that does not mean that she was found at that spot. Here, we can see that there is a depression in the ground near the tree.

Ridgeway_Tree2.jpg

I agree with you. On the raw helicopter footage from that night, no body recovery at all happens near the tree. You can clearly see three parts, that are then covered by three sheets, the covered again by one large sheet. None of this happens near the tree.

Just a quick local perspective before calling it a night. The weather on Fri 10/5 and Sat 10/6 was unseasonably cold and wet. No one in their right mind was outside on either of those 2 days or nights for more than a brief period of time. With the backpack likely being placed on Sat night, probably not someone hiking/ walking as others have been talking abt.

I wonder what the temperature was.

It was really good to read a complete, and assuming accurate profile. This one feels right on. Why would the FBI not put that out to people? They do seem stuck on this guy being a family member (of someone in the public, and local). But the rest seems to match, not having much other profile info from the FBI.

Peters profile was really interesting and, in my opinion, extremely accurate. It is just scary to think the perp will most likely strike again if not caught soon.

I'm sure many of us need it. I'm not embarrassed to say I'm one of them. I will never be the same after this, that's for sure. I'm seriously out walking my dog afraid I'm going to trip over a body part. Thats the kind of fear this manic puts in all of us. Not anymore, I'm turning it around and trying to take control of my thought processes! Also hard is wondering if everyone you see, at the store, etc. could be the guy. Driving me crazy. I seriously thought about taking time off work and just leaving for a while, but running away isn't going to solve this. I, and we as a community, need to face these feelings / issues (is there a psych thread, lol) And as a teacher, I need to be strong for my students, so bring it on I'm not going to be scared anymore and let this thing rob me of my sanity!

Back to the case, lets get this dirtbag. So....is there a support group on this forum for things like this?

I know what you mean. I keep wondering if some people I know could have done it, because I don't really know them...I'm having daymares of horrible things happening to my kids. I check the locks on the windows every night. I carry my phone everywhere. I make my husband walk the dog and take out the trash. I already had most of this going on (being in a new place and just being unable to forget things I see and hear), but my awareness is on high alert after this.

Spot on. I can corroborate. It snowed and the snow stuck around until noon - next day was freezing rain.

Thank you ... that changes everything. It was either an outdoorsman that is quite comfortable working outside, or this all happened somewhere else and she was left there after dark.

I wonder what the temperature was.

It was at or below freezing, can't recall exactly. I know because thanks to this crazy weather I'm still recovering from a cold I picked up on 10/6.

I watched the live coverage and saw the photo's. It still doesn't confirm WHERE she was placed, nor does it confirm whether or not she was originally in a trash bag. LE reported that she wasn't "intact" and that she was found near a trash bag. LE does NOT bag a body (or parts) of a body in a trash bag. Just because we saw her up on the hill also doesn't mean she wasn't originally placed in the culvert. It also doesn't mean she was "displayed"...especially if she was originally inside of a trash bag. All we know is the body was seen several feet off the road and several feet from the culvert. There are no other substantiated facts, merely speculation.

I totally agree!

BBM In the following video, the body is being carried away from the area on a stretcher:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-colorado-girl-jessica-ridgeways-body-believed-found-17450466

Thank you ... that changes everything. It was either an outdoorsman that is quite comfortable working outside, or this all happened somewhere else and she was left there after dark.

Happy to help. That's an interesting theory about an outdoorsman. Plenty of those out here for sure.

<modsnip>. The video is still on the Internet for anyone who cares to see it. I found it on YouTube by searching Yahoo Videos for Jessica Ridgeway body. It is the one that comes up that says "over 18 only, graphic". <modsnip>

Just a reminder that this video is not MSM and it is not allowed here. My understanding of the video it that it is some kind of sick spoof. Please correct me if I'm wrong and we will reconsider this.

Thanks,

Salem

yes, it was in a news video clip. a neighbor of the site where Jessica was found saw a green truck parked and a man walking down there where he never sees anyone walking. he'd never seen the truck or the guy before and he said he knows pretty much everyone who walks down there.
we found a green truck in google across from Jessica's house.

Yes, will go hunting for it, but it was in a news video, I think.... ? He said he was a "neighbor" of the site...

It was really good to read a complete, and assuming accurate profile. This one feels right on. Why would the FBI not put that out to people? They do seem stuck on this guy being a family member (of someone in the public, and local). But the rest seems to match, not having much other profile info from the FBI.

The FBI statement about ... maybe it's a neighbor, a friend, a family member, someone that may have missed a meeting or a day of work, someone acting out of character ... that's all standard FBI speak when a child is abducted. The very same thing was said when Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted in Evansdale, Iowa on July 13 this year. They vanished without a trace. Elizabeth's purse was left on the other side of the fence from the bikes. There was a lot of internet speculation about whether this was staged, or real. In this disappearance, we have the backpack, clearly staged.

Just a reminder that this video is not MSM and it is not allowed here. My understanding of the video it that it is some kind of sick spoof. Please correct me if I'm wrong and we will reconsider this.

Thanks,

Salem

The video I saw was actual raw footage taken by the channel 9 helicopter that night. It is not a spoof. Someone must have recorded it when it accidentally aired live, and then placed it online. Or perhaps someone who works at Channel 9 posted it. (I think it must be the later, since I think it is more than what showed live on TV that night. There is even a zoomed in version.)

It was at or below freezing, can't recall exactly. I know because thanks to this crazy weather I'm still recovering from a cold I picked up on 10/6.

If this first winter storm was at, or below freezing, no one would want to be outside at night ... unless they were used to working outside in colder weather ... like a transient construction worker.

Have a lot of people in the Westminster area had their rooves replaced through insurance (hail storm June)?

The video I saw was actual raw footage taken by the channel 9 helicopter that night. It is not a spoof. Someone must have recorded it when it accidentally aired live, and then placed it online. Or perhaps someone who works at Channel 9 posted it. (I think it must be the later, since I think it is more than what showed live on TV that night. There is even a zoomed in version.)

Several of us saw it. At the time, I thought people were imagining things. It wasn't until later that I realized what I had been looking at.

Even if it's genuine I'm not sure it belongs here.

Looks like this was a long stretch of road, no street lights, very cold night. The perp could probably see if another car was coming along for some distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member