CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isas (depending on interpretation) is usually referring to matters of time, things frozen (ice) in time, delay, too late for change. Varies between 3 months and 9 months in a reading but there are other interpretations as well.
The 3 markers on the other side of the cross don't really resemble this rune either, but we may have an amature scribe so who knows.

Just the NyQuil talking...now you got me thinking of little Isa Celis.

I located a reference to the off set shape of the cited cross:
Search Google Images "Handmade Wooden Crosses"
This description from a UK website. I will relocate and post.
"A comfort cross, or a holding cross, as it is sometimes called, is an asymmetric cross that is made to fit ergonomically into the palm of one's hand and is used during prayer. It is thought that the holding cross is based on an ancient design found in ancient European chapels. Although the origin of the holding/comfort cross tradition is not known, it is thought that it dates back to the early Christians. Holding crosses are made out of many different types of wood..."

The commenter RK gives a similar opinion of the cross. Scroll down to comments.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

O/T
Nope, mid-Atlantic. But its very rural here. My garage is attached to my house, not in the house really, and has gotten its fair share of Garter snakes in the fall over the years, but this is a Black snake, fairly-sized, and not at all welcome.... I'm going to mull over how to eradicate it for a couple of days (while it takes care of the mice that usually inhabit the garage first) then, I'll have a plan on how to catch it to get it out of there.

Still "inside," IMHO. Eeeeek!

The wood looks different on the initial sample picture versus when looking at all the pics provided on the Westminster PD fb page.

Could it be Euclyptus wood?
Eucalyptus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why does it look reddish in the first picture? It looks blackish in the other pics.

It looks like rosewood... do a google image search for Mexican cocobolo rosewood.

okay.. so it really is just a cross for all intents and purposes but the markings are very unique so what could they be a part of (to narrow this down further)

1) group
2) language
3) number
4) brand
5) symbol
6) symbolism

I personally am going to look around at the "language" angle

(and yes I just helped nurse kid write an outline for his English essay and figured starting with an outline could help the process here)

Would it be too much trouble to add a pointer to the press release and photos to the first post?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21811891/westminster-police-cross-jessica-ridgeway
IDK, I wish someone would link what they said.

From denverpost.com:
Police have confirmed the cross does not belong to the Ridgeway family, Westminster Police investigator Trevor Materasso said. He would not say where the cross was found.

Westminster Police on Friday say they recovered a 1-inch wooden cross while investigating the abduction and murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway that they believe may help them find her killer.

Has anyone mentioned the FB comment that said the zigzag is a symbol for Judas? That seems huge IMO.

"Zig Zags:
Some sources suggest that zig-zag lines indicate an experience of harsh reality and a need for comfort. Angular lines are also a feature of many styles of 'tag' graffiti and Manga cartooning, so may be preseny in the doodles of young people who are interested in these art forms."
http://drawsketch.about.com/cs/tipsandideas/p/doodle_marks.htm

229979_10151357379014305_1301198757_n.jpg

These three lines don't really look "etched" or carved out to me. They look raised don't they?

By the way, a pachuco cross is often used as a prison tattoo. It's a cross with three straight lines drawn above it. I wondered if the wearer of this cross might be trying to duplicate the same.

The reason is not to keep LE from discovering the body, but so that the creep could safely go back and revisit the body over and over. It's sort of left unsaid, but implied is for re-gratification if you will (as disgusting as that is... but apparently not uncommon for these types of crimes).

Clipped for space -

I wonder if LE was also thinking that he could be driving by again and again to revisit the body and so they hid a camera or two on the trash truck to video any traffic passing by. They may have also had a camera looking up the hill to spot any movement. Maybe that's why the truck was not moved for a few days.

Could the jogger have somehow grabbed this from the perp while struggling with him? Maybe not likely, but it's a thought. IF this is the case, I think they must have something definitive (DNA maybe?) linking that perp to JR.

Let me tell ya.....this guy, whoever he is, is really obsessed with trees.

I think it means something.

For what its worth, I checked with 21-yr old grandson to see if he could put any meaning into the cross from a younger generation viewpoint. He didn't see any goth representation, (which is something I was going to look into...and still will later) but he did say it looked like something purchased, not homemade, and thought the marks would have been added later by the owner. He is an artist and has a pretty good eye for store bought vs handmade but it was just his observation. He is also very much into tattoos and couldn't think of anything off hand that the cross would represent in that realm...but he's not a crime sleuth, just an average kid, lol, so take it for what its worth!

These three lines don't really look "etched" or carved out to me. They look raised don't they?

By the way, a pachuco cross is often used as a prison tattoo. It's a cross with three straight lines drawn above it. I wondered if the wearer of this cross might be trying to duplicate the same.

Wonder how a person would go about making "raised" lines in the cross? Is there a tool for that?

Yes, those look like bark lines, like those found in birch and aspen bark.

cross and ketner lake angle and degrees of connectivity

(my comment: could this have been recovered from a Jessica crime scene but noted on the person that tried to abduct the woman earlier this year)

"This is a piece where we believe in working with the district attorney and recognizing the significance of showing it to the public helping who this individual may be," said Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso. "We believe it's going to help confirm or rule that these cases are not connected or potentially connected."

He said the cross was recovered at a crime scene, but he wouldn't say which one. Police want to see if there's a connection between the cross and an attempted abduction at Ketner Lake.

Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses. Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

they specifically want to know if anyone knows this cross in relation to this description

urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

The attacker in that case was described as a:

Light skinned male
18-35 (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
Brown hair
Medium build
5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)
-------------

This guy's having a fun old time.

:furious:

He didn't leave it there accidentally in my opinion, and the three notches are just that... He's telling LE he has 3 victims...but who?

:dunno:

I think he's having a fun old time watching us grasp at straws. He probably left that cross on purpose as a false lead just as he left her backpack right where he did. Maybe I have become too jaded, but I don't see this as anything new and exciting in this case. I don't think the WPD have anything to go on and are doing their best, but it's not amounting to much and gets worse as more time passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592