CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he doesn't look light skinned to me at all. As a matter of fact I was thinking he looked Italian or something. And pictures I have seen of his dad he appears dark too. Probably just the pictures. jmo

His dad (recent mugs the MSM's were showing) looked like his teeth are veneered and well tanned etc etc. I have no idea what his mom looks like, but Austin just looks Caucasian to me. I wonder if they said "light-skinned" because they were onto him and were giving him room to "breathe" in hopes he wouldn't be a flight risk or trip up again (just a thought).

When I hear light-skinned I think African American. My ex was "light-skinned" and he was African American/ Caucasian

I didn't know that she got such a good look at him...

This was my initial thoughts until gping back and re reading the few details reported..

The jogger imo was more than able to get a good enough view of the perp due to the fact that she saw him prior to his ever even attempting the abduction.. She had already noticed the other jogger aka the perp as on the first go around that she saw him he was running facing her(as in face to face) as they were jogging in opposite directions.. Imo she was able to get a good enough look at this jogger to be able to tell LE that it was the jogger who she had seen on the prior lap that was the perp who upon her next lap was running in the opposite direction of what he was running previously(as in now he was running in the same direction that she was)..she said that is when he came up behind her, from where he was appearing to innocently just be jogging, and at that point attempted to place the rag over her face..

Long story short(but not really..lol)..MOO is that the 22yp jogger has zero problem identifying ARS as the "jogger" aka perp from that day at ketner Lake..jmo tho.

I'm trying to find it again but I did see it yesterday in what seems to be a semi-MSM source. I was kind of questioning a lot of stuff in the article because it seemed to be pretty "sensationalized" reporting, but it was an allowed link here on WS, at least at that time. I'll keep looking for it.

Was it the daily mail? I recall reading th article. I seem to recall the denver press reporting this aw well. Looking stil.

I thought he grabbed her from behind? Sorry I may have my facts confused.

That's my understanding. He said that he was driving, saw her, turned around, and grabbed her ...

"The source says Sigg told police he drove by Jessica Ridgeway on the morning of October 5, turned his car around and grabbed her. He brought her into the car where he hog-tied her and then he strangled her to death." - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/2...f-austin-sigg/

Post #632

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8500311"]Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19 - Page 26 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Ok, here is my crawl space. It is in the basement, but the basement has been finished, so the door is behind the bathroom door.

photo-6.jpg

photo1.jpg

lol I read it and (I had my son at 16) and went "Lord! I thought 10lbs was a lot, an adult?" but I knew what you meant but I had to giggle. I've always appreciated your posts :) We needed that slip of the tongue tonight to giggle. Such a sad subject in here. Nice to smile every once in a good while.

You are so right. In cases like this one where the subject matter is so disturbing a little levity is a welcome distraction. Glad I could oblige, even at my own silly expense ;) thanks

Even if he doesn't end up in general population, there are a lot of guys locked up who are in there for doing unthinkable things to young men AS's age. That, in addition to having what people have described as a girl's voice could really mess him up. I believe he'll spend the rest of his life in prison, but I won't be at all surprised if it ends up being a shorter sentence than those sentenced to death. He's probably going to have to make some major changes or he'll be lucky to last 5 years. MOO

This past weekend, a lady came to my daughter's craft booth. We got to chatting and she mentioned she works at a State Mental Hospital. Her facility deals with sexually violent predators. It was an interesting, yet sickening conversation.

She talked about voluntary civil commitments, which previously I did not understand. Under the circumstances, it would seem Siggs would benefit from an civil commitment. I wonder if the State will consider this approach, either voluntary or involuntary?

That makes me a bit ill...and upset.
They.... LE...didn't get any sense of strangeness with this monster boy? :moo:

Why would investigators get any sense that something was off with Austin? His father was a career criminal with flaunting the law, stealing from many, beating on family members until there were restraining orders ... Austin probably knew exactly how to appear innocent and calm ... just like Joran van der Sloot.

If LE suspected him/were on to him weeks ago, I am wondering why they:

1. Didn't rush his DNA through the database.
2. Didn't get a search warrant to search his house more in-depth. Maybe they would, you know, find Jessica's body.
3. Let a dangerous predator who committed a first-degree murder of a child he didn't even know live among the people of Denver for weeks.

I'm sort of new around here ... briefly followed a local case or two before, but not this much ... I sort of get the rules, but sort of not. The info about bankruptcy, no. of bedrooms, etc is verifiable fact. Yet rampant speculation that the parents did drugs when pregnant, never paid attention to their kids, allowed them access to *advertiser censored*, etc ... judge judge judge judge, but no one really knows?

I know that his dad bought a house with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and 5 acres in 2000 (well, I'm pretty sure, assuming MSM showed the right one). It's much more creepy to sit and point fingers at parenting styles when you have really no clue....
Hi Pinto. I do respect where you are coming from. And I have nothing but the utmost sympathy and heartache for his mother and sister, and agree that a lot of the speculation about his upbringing is unfair.

I admit I'm having a really hard time not judging his dad, though. Multiple convictions on his rap sheet, including violent offenses (assault and battery, domestic violence) 2 restraining orders for battering his wife. Yeah, great role model there dad. I bet Austin learned a lot from you about how to treat women :rolleyes: And on top of that-his family is falling to pieces right now, and he's still holed up in MEXICO? He puts out a press release?? Why the hell wasn't he on the first plane to Colorado as soon as he found out? It's been almost 2 days since his son confessed, surely he could have found a flight by now.

Granted, if he doesn't want to support his son, I certainly can't blame him-but what about his ex wife and his other child? Why isn't he by their side right now? What does he have to do in Mexico that is so d*mn important? I'm having a hard time feeling any sympathy for this guy. He just rubs me the wrong way for so many reasons. I'm having a hard time not holding him at least partially responsible for the way his evil spawn turned out.

I will try to be a better person about it, but it's hard right now. My emotions are still very raw.

Perhaps he confessed to his mother once he heard that DNA had linked the two crimes, knowing his DNA would match, sooner or later.

Somehow I don't see his "confession" as a quiet moment with his mom where he says he has something bad to tell her. There was no mom encouraging him to tell the nice police man what he did.

I bet it's more they had an big argument about something else entirely, and he threw it out as a trump card, a gotcha moment. Example: Mom, you think it's so bad that I used your credit card without permission, well guess what else! I killed the neighbor girl.

I think mom called LE on him not just because it was the right thing to do, but because she knows all to well the monster there.

Also, when you are searching these homes, why wouldn't you check the crawl space? What if Jessica was alive, and she was being held in there, bound and gagged? Or just too scared to yell out? Remember Jessica Lunsford? I thought after that case, they are supposed to look a little closer.

I'm trying to find it again but I did see it yesterday in what seems to be a semi-MSM source. I was kind of questioning a lot of stuff in the article because it seemed to be pretty "sensationalized" reporting, but it was an allowed link here on WS, at least at that time. I'll keep looking for it.

ETA: shoot, sorry, I found the original post that linked to the article, but the page is "not available" so I am guessing they took it down. It might be in the case archive, I'll see if I can find it.

The perp reportedly told LE he hog tied her. The link was here early this morning.

ETA: shoot, sorry, I found the original post that linked to the article, but the page is "not available" so I am guessing they took it down. It might be in the case archive, I'll see if I can find it.

By the way, don't google "hogtie strangle Jessica." Duh. And I even have a moderate safe search on.... scary.

But I read about it, too, yesterday, in MSM. Now I don't want to look for it, though....

Austin referred to a "crawl space". This is typically a space under the home where there is a perma frost 4' below grade basement. The house may have had a basement, but it may only been half as wide as the floor plan ... maybe furnace, hot water, electrical, and crawl space ... concrete ... but only 4 feet in height.

My crawl space is creepy, I have never been in it and woud not want to ( I get reports from the service people that are in there). There is one small access ( no stairs) that from time to time plumbers or electricions go. It is under the foundation of the house and allows access to some plumbing, water and electrical that services the rest of the house. It has a dirt floor . Rodents, cats and such could not access it from the outside or inside ( but bugs can). It is definitely not a space that I would call a "basement". You are so right..it is only a "crawl space" and I can see how things could be secreted there and no one would know for a long time.

asking for bail is SOP for a client with no criminal history by defense. Nobody, not the defense attorney, or AS expected that to happen. Had the attorney not tried at least he would have been derelict in his duty to his client. :cow:

Great point and ultimately it's important in the interest of justice that he receives proper and fair representation so that a trial or verdict cannot be questioned later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018