The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that can be the case sometimes for why men and women stay. Im not sure it becomes less important as a man ages though. I see loads of men who divorce and wind up with another woman way younger than them. lol Women do it too.

But I can say this with a big smile on my face:D.........my hubby hasnt lost one ounce of his sex drive and I wouldnt want him any other way. :floorlaugh: Of course he keeps himself very healthy and fit and so do I.

I would think if my husband lost his sex drive I'd be seeking medical help for him not looking for someone younger to have an affair with. To me it's still being unfaithful if you still claim to love your husband. Seems to be more to that story I would imagine. lol

I'd like to go along with you, but then the questions still remain:

When did she shoot him (don't forget the angle of entry)?

If it was late in the series of events, why did she shoot him then?

You're going to commit murder. You've never done this before, but you watch TV. You have a gun and a knife. Which do you use first?

:dunno:

What the run of the mill murderer would do, doesn't really apply. She's a psychopath.

If she really wanted to kill him "humanely" and quickly with a gun ...all she had to do was shoot him in he back of the head. She had the opportunity. We have a photograph from the shower where his back is to her. I'm certain she had many more. But she chose not to do it that way. She wanted it up close and personal....with the knife.

IMO she wanted him to see it coming, she thought wrongly he'd die from that first plunge to his heart. She wanted to see the fear in his eyes and she wanted to watch the life leave his body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you're saying but she did do quite a bit of methodical planning so it seems (eg stole gun, rented car, dyed hair, cash purchases, cell phone off, ?surprise visit?, etc). I think the actual murder did not go as easily and/or as cleanly as she had envisioned and also caused her delay in getting to Ryan's. JMO

BBM - I too think that had TA offered her some glimpse of hope (eg relationship restart, cancel Cancun with Mimi or offer to take JA, etc) there might have been a very different outcome that day ... and they may have safely continued until the next threat of relationship termination or if JA set her sights on someone else. JMVHO

There was definitely methodical planning, but it was like she planned half the murder and the other half was off the cuff. She planned for everything except the ACTUAL murdering part - like she did not seem to do much research in quickly dispatching someone.

She could have timed her entrance for the morning after the roommate left,
shot TA, and stolen some stuff to make it look like a robbery... or a drive by while he was walking his dog. If all she wanted to do was kill him that could have been accomplished in a much better way.

Anyway, it's not an important point. I don't see how premeditation could be questioned from a legal standpoint. I'm kind of interested in knowing how these kind of people think.

There was definitely methodical planning, but it was like she planned half the murder and the other half was off the cuff. She planned for everything except the ACTUAL murdering part - like she did not seem to do much research in quickly dispatching someone.

She could have timed her entrance for the morning after the roommate left,
shot TA, and stolen some stuff to make it look like a robbery... or a drive by while he was walking his dog. If all she wanted to do was kill him that could have been accomplished in a much better way.

Anyway, it's not an important point. I don't see how premeditation could be questioned from a legal standpoint. I'm kind of interested in knowing how these kind of people think.

Psychopaths believe they are smarter than everyone else and typically do not have a plan "b" ....what would they need that for?

Her defense attorneys are going to have their hands full with keeping her off that stand!

They also don't experience fear like normal people. That calm, cold demeanor isn't an act.

i think you just described HER. i think one clear sign is converting to TA's religion after a mere 2 months of dating. who does that? that's a pretty big leap after such a short time.

right who does that? a sick person with an empty soul-! also who threatens suicide after being broken up with if you were in a relationship only a few months with someone you don't even live with? a nutcase that's who.

I think the aspirated blood was from being stabbed repeatedly in the back, side and chest and Travis' lungs and airway filling with blood.

I respect everyones opinion about which came first but for me I trust the actual ME that had Travis' body right in front of him who has examined stab wounds and gunshots for 20 years.

But for me the gunshot being first doesnt make plausible sense to me.

Loss of muscle control is one of the most common frontal lobe lesion symptoms, affecting both voluntary and involuntary muscle movements. This may cause the affected person to have great difficulty performing ordinary tasks such as walking, holding a spoon, or maintaining balance. The muscles in the eyes may not function properly, leading to a variety of visual disturbances. The patient may lose the ability to control the bladder or bowels and may experience partial or complete paralysis, usually affecting one side of the body.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-most-common-frontal-lobe-lesion-symptoms.htm

So if we take these common symptoms of frontal lobe injuries we have to believe that Travis Alexander after being shot in the brain he is able to walk out of the shower........stand at the sink and motivate down the long hallway trying to get away from JA. Even having the cognitive and muscle function to throw his arms and hands up in self defense of the slasher. Even if some believe JA... Travis is able to maintain being on all fours.

I find it very far fetched. The head shot coming first does not comport with the evidence entered in this trial either

IMO

Psychopaths believe they are smarter than everyone else and typically do not have a plan "b" ....what would they need that for?

Her defense attorneys are going to have their hands full with keeping her off that stand!

They also don't experience fear like normal people. That calm, cold demeanor isn't an act.

Eactly because they are totally convinced that Plan A is going to work.

I would think if my husband lost his sex drive I'd be seeking medical help for him not looking for someone younger to have an affair with. To me it's still being unfaithful if you still claim to love your husband. Seems to be more to that story I would imagine. lol

yes there is a lot more to it than what I posted. it's complicated. i agree it's still cheating and I have been urging her to get medical help for her husband. I would do that too--seek medical help.

oohh... could be and if it is the duvet cover - then jodi did stay and wash 2 loads - because some were thinking maybe TA washed his bedding b4 shower, but i think the duvet was in the dryer - any one remember??

The duvet was in the dryer. I think that photo is a very poor resolution pic of his shoulders/back with blood streaks. That's how it was described in court, as Travis' body. I don't believe there was a sheet/duvet used to drag him. At least the prosecution has not presented that to be the case.

If she really wanted to kill him "humanely" and quickly with a gun ...all she had to do was shoot him in he back of the head. She had the opportunity. We have a photograph from the shower where his back is to her. I'm certain she had many more. But she chose not to do it that way. She wanted it up close and personal....with the knife.

I think that's why we have the photo of him sitting in the shower. Who sits in the shower? From the angle, I think this is when he was shot. No other time in the attack makes sense. I still believe the knife was Plan B. She might have figured he would go down and if he was still alive, she could cut his throat while he was in the shower. She didn't expect him to not only survive, but to get up. That's when things got nasty?

But...I can also understand why many are saying the knife first. That's what the ME says, but I have my doubts. I'm not saying anybody's opinion is wrong, just pointing out another way to look at it.

i think you just described HER. i think one clear sign is converting to TA's religion after a mere 2 months of dating. who does that? that's a pretty big leap after such a short time.

ITA!

She is fits the profile of a female stalker who is trying to submerge herself into the life of her victim.

I guess it could be argued that if she was so smug and believed she could get away with anything, why did she do any planning?

Why not just drive there in her own car, enter the home, shoot him and go on her merry way?

I respect everyones opinion about which came first but for me I trust the actual ME that had Travis' body right in front of him who has examined stab wounds and gunshots for 20 years.

But for me the gunshot being first doesnt make plausible sense to me.

Loss of muscle control is one of the most common frontal lobe lesion symptoms, affecting both voluntary and involuntary muscle movements. This may cause the affected person to have great difficulty performing ordinary tasks such as walking, holding a spoon, or maintaining balance. The muscles in the eyes may not function properly, leading to a variety of visual disturbances. The patient may lose the ability to control the bladder or bowels and may experience partial or complete paralysis, usually affecting one side of the body.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-most-common-frontal-lobe-lesion-symptoms.htm

So if we take these common symptoms of frontal lobe injuries we have to believe that Travis Alexander after being shot in the brain he is able to walk out of the shower........stand at the sink and motivate down the long hallway trying to get away from JA. Even having the cognitive and muscle function to throw his arms and hands up in self defense of the slasher. Even if some believe JA... Travis is able to maintain being on all fours.

I find it very far fetched. The head shot coming first does not comport with the evidence entered in this trial either

IMO

From your link: Specific frontal lobe lesion symptoms depend on the exact location of the lesion, the extent of the damage, and the overall health of the patient. Difficulties may range from mild to completely incapacitating. It is important to remember that not everyone with damage to this part of the brain will experience the same set of symptoms or the same degree of disability. Proper medical care is vital, and a doctor should be consulted with any questions concerning individualized symptoms so that a personalized treatment plan can be developed.

Look at the images. If, as the ME says, the bullet went in 1.5 inches from the midline and passed into the sinus cavity at the midline, then only 1.5 inches of the front part of the head was affected. Frontal lobe damage is usually talked about in about car wreck terms. This was much less traumatic.

oh, i know that. just saying they want to somehow diminish his suffering while at the same time making him a huge threat to her. ridiculous but her whole defense is ridiculous to me.

Since JA admitted she wouldn't have killed him in that manner, but would have done it "humanely" - that's an admission from the killer's mouth that he was killed brutally. The jury has seen that - let's hope they remember it.

Quick question as I have to leave soon......Mimi's testimony is on IS....she is describing the slashing of tires,etc......I thought they could not enter that stuff in at trial?? Help!!

all experts on both sides are all about the money, so there's no moral high ground there. And you will never hear a seriously negative thought about travis from the Mormon community...never, not ever.

BBM. Amen! I agree completely.

I guess it could be argued that if she was so smug and believed she could get away with anything, why did she do any planning?

Why not just drive there in her own car, enter the home, shoot him and go on her merry way?

Because Jodi isn't even half as smart as she gave herself credit for?

Just because they believe themselves to be extremely intelligent doesn't mean they actually are;)

I think that's why we have the photo of him sitting in the shower. Who sits in the shower? From the angle, I think this is when he was shot. No other time in the attack makes sense. I still believe the knife was Plan B. She might have figured he would go down and if he was still alive, she could cut his throat while he was in the shower. She didn't expect him to not only survive, but to get up. That's when things got nasty?

But...I can also understand why many are saying the knife first. That's what the ME says, but I have my doubts. I'm not saying anybody's opinion is wrong, just pointing out another way to look at it.

If he was shot in the shower, how did the shell casing end up by the sink mixed with some coagulated blood ? IIRC, the sink is not really close to the shower.

Can't imagine how abusive a guy could be when you only were together as a couple for five months and you lived apart for much of the relationship. Not to mention, she drove across state lines to visit him and ends up killing him. I don't see how an expert can spin this in Jodi's favor. :moo:

BBM. IMO this is a common misconception. They were together 'officially' as a couple for 5. But remember, they then took their relationship below the radar b/c of Travis' religion and image. They continued a relationship in secret afterward during which they travelled, communicated, had sex, etc. The extent to which they remained connected probably won't ever really be known except maybe via phone/text/email records, b/c: 1) the relationship was secret, so by definition, no one knew the truth except the two of them; 2) Travis is dead and cannot tell us; and 3) Jodi lies.

Regardless, their relationship was longer than the "official" five months. The defense will no doubt try to show this in what they present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname