The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped by me.
But I appreciate your opinion even though I disagree with it.
IMO
I know, we've been all around it. I hear what you're saying. Usually facial injuries bleed a lot. We may never know the sequence. :waitasec:

Could be another Cindy who will do anything for her darling daughter. GAG!

I always felt sorry for relatives in cases like this one. But then along came Scott Peterson and his mother. She was blind, deaf and dumb to her golden child. And then came CA and Cindy. Now I don't trust the relatives either! My heart still feels for them. Just don't trust what they say.

Could be another Cindy who will do anything for her darling daughter. GAG!

Mama's cold demeanor has bothered me since the beginning of the trial. Never any emotion while Travis' savage murder was talked about and the only time I have seen her shed a tear was for poor JA. Also, the fact that she appears to be buddies with this Donavon woman (whose girlfriend just happened to be JA's jail roommate). Just odd IMO.:what: If my daughter was accused of such an atrocious act I would be hysterical. Also, wonder if Mama was friends with Donavon and her friend before JA was housed with the friend in jail of if being in jail together was how they all met.

Although to be fair, TA's friends said he was over the moon about JA and that he thought she could be "the one". I think they both were moving kind of fast, but TA luckily saw the loon JA really was and ended the "romance".

I wish he had ended the sex, too. He just had no clue HOW loony she is. :(. I think he thought she'd eventually quit.

It is my opinion this was just a brief affair for TA. He was over the moon for her for a few months and the sizzle burned out and he was ready to move on. Maybe he didn't mind the casual sex but he wasn't going to marry her and she couldn't take no for an answer.

Wonder if the real reason Mimi didn't continue a serious relationship with Travis was because of Jodi? Mimi may have been afraid of her! That's sad.

Didn't Lisa say she ended the relationship she had with Travis because she found out the Jodi was already in the picture? Smart gal.

And I do think it's possible that JA intended to kill Mimi and TA in their sleep. Remember, JA thought that Mimi was the one Travis was going to marry and probably assumed they were also sleeping together.

Dr G was on tv the other day and she stated that once the ME testifies, those statements are taken as FACT. Not opinion. FACT.

The ME testified in this case that the gunshot came last. So for purposes of this case, the gunshot came last.

My cousin and I were only 6 months apart in age. In her late teens, she converted to Mormonism while the family lived in Utah. She was a good Mormon, although she did have ONE exotic cocktail when I took her out to dinner when I visited.

I would see her almost every year as my grandmother lived with her and took care of her little girl when she worked.

When she converted, I read everything I could find in the library and questioned her about the Mormon faith. LOL! There were no computers then!

She died when she was in her early 40's and, just prior to her death, she told me that the only regret in her life was that she was not temple worthy. The reason was that she couldn't tithe. She had to raise many thousands of dollars for possibly life-saving surgery towards the end.

The main reason she regretted not becoming temple worthy was that she was unable to bind her then two children to her for time and eternity. She explained that once bound to her, her children would be her children in heaven. Otherwise, according to her, she wouldn't know her children when they entered heaven.

I just looked up "tithe"! Are you kidding me, because she couldn't give 1/10th of her annual salary that made her not temple worthy! What a racket!

ETA: http://www.mormontopics.org/eng/tithing?CID=30002

Didn't Lisa say she ended the relationship she had with Travis because she found out the Jodi was already in the picture? Smart gal.

And I do think it's possible that JA intended to kill Mimi and TA in their sleep. Remember, JA thought that Mimi was the one Travis was going to marry and probably assumed they were also sleeping together.

Oh, I didn't hear that part. That was the witness Lisa, just before Prosecution rested?

I bet PPL offered automatic deductions from pay to the churches!

reminder:

if your link goes like this ********** it is an unapproved site here at websleuths. (just a heads up)

(we cannot link or discuss unapproved sites)

I saw that... and deleted. Sorry.

I always felt sorry for relatives in cases like this one. But then along came Scott Peterson and his mother. She was blind, deaf and dumb to her golden child. And then came CA and Cindy. Now I don't trust the relatives either! My heart still feels for them. Just don't trust what they say.

same here....how far does the apple fall from the tree? isn't there a genetic component to psychopathy?

Would wonder what funds Jodi had that would be used to pay for rental car and her planned travels?

Could it be TA's PIN number and an ATM -- but the ATM may have a camera... but she is good at disguises...

I've never quite understood how she seemed to have whatever $$ she needed whenever she needed it. I wonder when TA stopped paying her housekeeping "salary." Was he overly generous? Staying with parents helps with low or no rental expenses..

If JA was selling/marketing PPL, she probably was good at it -- gift for gab, sizing up individuals quickly -- she prolly has at least a base salary and prolly did sell some policies... She seemed to sell herself pretty well & easily....

Just thinkin' out loud here...

During the prosecutor's opening argument, he kept referring to "the 45" as if it was a location in Travis's bathroom. I couldn't figure what in the world he meant. I even put on closed captioning to see what I was misunderstanding. The captions quoted the prosecutor as saying "the 45" just as
I heard it. Can anyone help me out?

I "think" the shell casing ended up on the floor. Nonetheless, sink or floor, I posted a few days ago about how the gun could have jammed if JA didn't hold a firm enough wrist when she shot. This would have kept the spent shell casing from being ejected, causing a jam. If she then worked him over with the knife then came back for the gun and cleared the spent casing out (unstuck the gun), the cartridge would have then been ejected. Shot comes at the beginning of the attack, cartridge ejected after. Possible.

Edit, add link: Limp wristing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit, from the above link: One common result of limp wristing is a failure to eject, as the slide will be moving too slowly at the point where the ejector is activated. The slow moving case will be caught as the slide closes, resulting in a stovepipe jam.

Just an opinion.

I would also like to say that this weekend I did a couple of experiments on my kitchen floor. I used maple syrup and a rigatoni.

I kicked the pasta along the floor with the side of my foot lightly as though an accident. It skidded along the floor and rested atop the syrup puddle. There was no syrup on the top of the pasta shell. It just looked as if it was placed there. I did it three times and once it just stopped at the edge and didn't skip into the puddle but the other two times it did. Then Mr. Knot tossed a net over me.

The syrup was viscous enough that the pasta just stopped and did not roll completely in the syrup.

Of course the viscosity of the blood may not have been the same as my room temp syrup. But if had pooled and cooled on the cold tiles, even for the 30 mins to an hour JA had to do that crappy cleanup job, might it not have thickened enough to have a similar consistency?

Dr G was on tv the other day and she stated that once the ME testifies, those statements are taken as FACT. Not opinion. FACT.

The ME testified in this case that the gunshot came last. So for purposes of this case, the gunshot came last.

what about cases where the ME is wrong though? i cited 2 big cases where i live where the ME was dead wrong and the detective didn't give up until he proved it. (not talking about this case, obviously. just saying it does happen.)

also, dr. G. should know better than anyone that the defense can and will call their own 'expert' to disagree with the ME's findings. i'm sure the defense is going to do that in this case too.

BBM. Amen! I agree completely.

same here....how far does the apple fall from the tree? isn't there a genetic component to psychopathy?

There is evidence from studies based on adopted children that there is a strong genetic component, but that environmental factors are also very strong.
So lets say you were born with a slight defect in the brain that made it difficult to experience empathy - if this lack of empathy is nourished in an abusive environment you will be more likely to be antisocial. Conversely, if you are brought up in a loving, nurturing environment you brain will be more likely to compensate for the deficiency and you will be less likely to have antisocial personality traits.

Probably, there are some people that are born with such a strong brain defect that no amount of good upbringing can help.

On the other hand, you could be born with no brain defect, but if your environment is severely abusive, your capacity to develop empathy will be completely atrophied.

sometimes. Not always though. From what I have read Ted Bundy's immed fam did not show such traits.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't see that show, but I'm pretty sure what she said or meant by that is that he was testifying as a fact witness as opposed to an expert witness. In other words, he is testifying about something that he saw and did contemporaneously as a part of the case, and was not hired by the state to render an expert opinion. Nothing any witness says must be taken as a fact by the jury unless the parties stipulate to it as undisputed fact. The jury is always free to give whatever weight it deems appropriate to the testimony of a fact witness. The ME is no different than a police officer who testifies about what happened in an accident based on his investigation v. what an eyewitness says he saw. They are both fact witnesses and if they disagree on how the accident happened, the jury will weigh their testimony and determine which they think is more likely taking into consideration, for example, the police officer's training and whether the eyewitness could be misremembering.

No doubt the jury will give considerable weight to the testimony of the ME, but it is absolutely untrue that the ME's testimony establishes conclusively as fact that the gunshot came last, imo

TMK there's a lot of debate about that. Personally I hope not since I have two seemingly normal kiddos (so far) but it's always been a concern.

I think it more likely, just from my experience, that living with a disordered person creates such an incredible amount of chaos and dysfunction which further feeds a sickness that affects all those who live with or love a disordered person.

I believe that for parents of afflicted people it's especially brutal. An adult can choose no or limited contact with disordered parents, siblings, friends, and significant others but parents can't simply just walk away and are often desperate for help with few resources available to them. Most parents of disordered children are often also victim to their child's psychological abuse - which, given long enough, would have repercussions all their own. Truly JMO.

I know, we've been all around it. I hear what you're saying. Usually facial injuries bleed a lot. We may never know the sequence. :waitasec:

That's another good point. When I was a kid I accidently hit someone above the brow with a very small but very sharp rock. He bled so much I thought I'd killed him! It scarred me for life lol I remember waiting for the police to come get me for days afterward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500