GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
an interesting observation - i'd just go ahead and delete my account if something like that happened to me. i would be in shock.

Why delete his account if he is totally innocent in all of this? Some would immediately find him guilty of wrongdoing. Taylan/Tarkan has come in for enough criticism for deleting his account.

This whole case is bizarre. Maybe they did contact hostel but he had not seen her. He did not see her the Amsterdam days either and she was fine so maybe he figured she went somewhere else.

Maybe no one in Turkey wanted to get involved w going to police. After 7 days of no one seeing her and no contact, husband had no choice, they had to go..

I imagine too you have a feeling something is wrong... Her mother probably too had an instinct something is up....

And they were right to go, something WAS tragically wrong..

No, what I am saying is maybe they thought she just wanted to go "offline" (from them) and be out of touch. Maybe that's what this trip was about, and they knew it.

Can we talk about the one online "friend" that tried to contact her on Gmail after she went missing. Camsab was the name (not much on Google with this name). Did this friend meet Sarai? Was the friend in Turkey?

We've never heard about this person, except a brief mention...

an interesting observation - i'd just go ahead and delete my account if something like that happened to me. i would be in shock.

I personally would be more pissed than anything that my name is linked to this and my personal business (criminal) record has been made public all over the news as in the case with Ammer.

Even if wife had affair it “doesn’t matter to me”: Steven Sierra

Even as the husband of murdered Staten Island mom Sarai Sierra fields questions about his wife’s overseas infidelity, he says, “I’d marry her all over again.”

(snipped)

We also visited with Sarai’s parents and sister in their Staten Island home. They are understandably devastated by their daughter’s murder, focusing on her upcoming wake on Valentine’s Day and Funeral on Friday. Dennis Jimenez generously invited anyone who wants to attend to come to pay their respects, “Stop by on Thursday. It’s open.”

Read more: http://pix11.com/2013/02/11/if-you-...nstagram-message-to-slain-wife/#ixzz2KdpLWYP2

Summary of the video:

- husband: I'm not reading anything at all, too overwhelming
- husband: has been in contact with some suspects (won't confirm if he has spoken with Tarkan)
- husband: insists wife faithful and his posts about being faithful were to inspire others
- husband: together for 16 yrs and upset that he can't grow old with Sarai
- per local Turkish people: her murder has all the marks of a 'hit' or 'paid-for murder'

looking for wifi is a huge hassle, having a cell phone provides some sense of safety. you can make international calls on them, if need be, too. and get in-coming calls from the states, (eats up your credit, but...if you need it, it's still cheaper than any roaming charge.

There are commercial public wifi hotspots all over Istanbul, some even have agreements with US wifi hotspot providers and allow you to use their connections. But by law, any commercial wifi hotspot is required to maintain device identifier records. So if SS used a commercial wifi hotspot, LE will know.

I don't know about Turkey but I know that based on my experiences in Cyprus and Egypt, if I had an emergency in those countries and I was here in the states, I would go to the consulate way before I'd contact the police over there.

http://newyork.cg.mfa.gov.tr/

It's very simple to go the UN here.

Yes, even if an American wouldn't want to go to LE for some reason, they would go to Istanbul consulate, Adana consulate or Ankara embassy. US consular services are excellent in Turkey, best in the region. Even Iranian nationals seeking US visas (there's no US diplomatic presence in Iran) are directed to US consular sections in Turkey.

After taking a hiatus then returning to catch up and reading through it all I must say it's funny.. we're all going in one big constant circle with theories..it's hilarious. Going to wait until there's a break in the case.

caio for now :)

Maybe no one in Turkey wanted to get involved w going to police. After 7 days of no one seeing her and no contact, husband had no choice, they had to go..

Highly unlikely. I can imagine no Turkish national, provided that they are clear of wrongdoing on a legal basis, being scared of going to Turkish LE.

Here is what the US Government says about US travelers missing abroad:

http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/tips/emergencies/emergencies_3881.html

There is wide leeway in what they say they will do but it does include contacting local officials and going to the last reported residence.

I assure you, US consular services have excellent relations with Turkish gov and LE. There is no leeway. Wording on the State Dept page is probably a template that's used for other countries as well. We've had cases of missing Americans before. Turkish side immediately picks up such cases and prioritizes them highly with full cooperation with the US side. And the local press picks up those cases and they push it to headlines immediately.

Foreigners missing in Turkey are rare, and if such cases happen, unless the foreigner is a national of a third world country in the bottom of the diplomatic relations agenda of Turkey, their trail is aggressively pursued.

Guys, quick question do we know for certain how SS traveled FROM Amsterdam to Munich > Munich back to Istanbul? It would be impossible for me to search the answer here!

Ammer told her to have a safe flight, so I'm assuming she flew, and Munich was a layover.

I personally would be more pissed than anything that my name is linked to this and my personal business (criminal) record has been made public all over the news as in the case with Ammer.

But he put himself out there and made himself public - so....

After taking a hiatus then returning to catch up and reading through it all I must say it's funny.. we're all going in one big constant circle with theories..it's hilarious. Going to wait until there's a break in the case.

Totally agree!

Even if wife had affair it “doesn’t matter to me”: Steven Sierra

Even as the husband of murdered Staten Island mom Sarai Sierra fields questions about his wife’s overseas infidelity, he says, “I’d marry her all over again.”

(snipped)

We also visited with Sarai’s parents and sister in their Staten Island home. They are understandably devastated by their daughter’s murder, focusing on her upcoming wake on Valentine’s Day and Funeral on Friday. Dennis Jimenez generously invited anyone who wants to attend to come to pay their respects, “Stop by on Thursday. It’s open.”

Read more: http://pix11.com/2013/02/11/if-you-...nstagram-message-to-slain-wife/#ixzz2KdpLWYP2

Wow. Steven must be a saint! He's even patient with the press! I don't think I'd be able to handle it, if I were he. He just sounds so sweet...this is uplifting to see such a kind man dealing with this tragedy with such grace.

Why delete his account if he is totally innocent in all of this? Some would immediately find him guilty of wrongdoing. Taylan/Tarkan has come in for enough criticism for deleting his account.

Why delete his account? ...the media attention? the unwanted media attention? Why do these people even have such public accounts anyway. That is the question.

Here is an interesting read. It's a commentary today about Sarai, from a retired RSO (Regional Service Officer with the Dept of State) who worked on/off for 25 yrs in Turkey. He also served as chief investigator of the Cyprus Missing Persons Program.

While some of his facts are incorrect (based on info gleaned from MSM articles), he has some other info I haven't seen and his theories and observations are still relevant.

I think it should be read in its entirety (he has posted other articles about Sarai), but this is really an interesting observation:

During my many years abroad as a US Department of State Senior Regional Security Officer (RSO), I learned all too well that large embassies are simply a smaller version of US communities. That being said, embassies are similar to small American communities where intimate and interpersonal relations are subject to the same psychological vulnerabilities that we all face in life.

Experience tells me that when one or more members of a relationship travels abroad, while undergoing marital conflict, particularly alone, stress and conflict can escalate very dramatically, which often results in travelers making bad choices, like consorting with "criminal elements."

Essentially, any marriage in trouble needs to be resolved at "home" and face-to-face, not by having one party travel alone abroad by escaping the realities on the "home-front," thereby being vulnerable to illicit liaisons.​

http://stayingsafeabroad.blogspot.com/2013/02/turkey-update-sarai-sierra-worst-place.html

All because LE is very tight lipped about the case, it was written here before that they are by regulation not allowed to go public with cases, unless it's ordered for effect. For instance, there was a drug ring busted recently in Istanbul and the LE went public with all of the buyers, which were famous actors etc. As Turkish law doesn't really have severe punishment for drug abuse, LE instead showcased them publicly, marching them in front of the cameras and releasing their full names. However, no information about the dealing side was released as they already had quite a good case against them already.

Much of the stuff in Turkish media has been blatant speculations.

We can only rely on what LE actually released so far.

US media can only be relied upon as long as they're not citing Turkish media. Only sourcing from US LE, US GOV, Turkish GOV, Turkish LE or SS family should be considered reliable at this point.

Back to Ammer. I went back to his IG account just to see what he was posting recently, since Sarai's death. He is joking, carrying on, etc. Yes, he did make a post or two about the FBI, etc. And had made some posts about Sarai being missing.

But I find it odd that in the past few days, he has acted like it's no big deal. I guess if I had played host/tour guide to a foreign tourist who I had known on IG for months and then they went missing and were found murdered, it would take me longer than a couple of days to bounce back.

Just an observation.

He did say his heart was broken when he found out she was dead, and I believe it still very much bothers him. He posted quite a few tribute pictures to her recently. I think he's very annoyed with the media and public speculation, and that is helping to deflect some of his attention. Although he only knew her online for 4-5 months, and met with her for a couple of days, they seemed to have a lot in common, and I'm sure he had very positive feelings towards her. From his IG page I got the impression he's a young guy who enjoys video games, music, photography, and life, and is a genuinely good person who truly valued Sarai's friendship.
Not to be insensitive, but he does need to go on with his life, and I don't think we can blame him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
countygirl69