jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #52 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are saying Jodi never should have gotten on the stand. Correct me if I am wrong, but in AZ I think if you claim self defense you must testify

Juan is hitting a HOMERUN today! GO JUAN!!!!!

Jodi did give plenty of straight yes or no answer's, but also plenty of evasive qualifiers.

Where a simple "yes" would have worked she used:
-I could have I think
-That's true
-I did say that
-If I conveyed it that way I didn't mean to
-I'm not sure about that
-I wouldn't call it that
-I think that was on the 16th
-If I remember correctly
-That's correct
-I guess I did
-Mostly yes
-To the best of my recollection
-Usually
-That's right
-I guess that would be yes
-Perhaps
-ok, I understand that
-That's also correct
-certainly
-I guess so

Where a simple "no" would have worked she used:
-Not typically
-I don't know
-I don't think so
-That's not the reason I did it
-That's not right

I see a big difference in her demeanor this week, her energy is focused on keeping herself in check. If JM gets to questions where she has to think harder about her lies, she will have to use her energy for that and might let her composure slip. If you notice, JM is much more linear in his questions today. From Utah, back to Yreka, then phonecalls, then sending flowers. A different tactic than Thursday.

I think the DT told her. Don't get mad get sad!

I just 'assuaged' my nausea by sending another donation to the Alexander mem. fund :pcguru:
I want to make sure all of his family is *able to take the time* to be there behind Juan as he spars with this Satanic aberration.

That's real sweet of you. I'll do the same. Thanks.

but she is claiming now that he HAS betrayed her....

Or WILL. I completely anticipate seeing Matt McCartney as a rebuttal witness for the prosecution. Remember, he has that family to think about.

Can't trust a man whose occupation on MySpace is "Ninja!"

:laughcry:

For those who misunderstood..it's called a meme .. pretty popular thing on the internet ;)

<snipped by me>

Love the examples! My friends and I make them or find them and send them to each other often! I just assumed everyone knew about it haha! Talk about a crash and burn!

She keeps blathering about "bandaids" on her right hand. (And during Nurmi direct also.) Juan threw out the word "gauze". Wondering if someone will testify there was gauze on her left hand.

Yet in her videotaped interrogation with Det. Flores, the only injured hand/finger is her left one - which they spent considerable time on. She never mentioned her right hand being injured to Det. Flores iIrc...

She tried to deflect with her feral cat scratches, but as we know, Det. Flores' awesome comeback was, "Enough about your cat." hehehhe

The problem with her case is that she is doomed no matter what she says and how she acts. When she's defiant..well that's no good for obvious reasons. When she tries to act docile and meek it only confirms her guilt. She will meet her hell no matter which way she turns now.

Did anybody see the flash of anger on her face? Wow!

Yes, I wrote it in my notes ... it was during whether or not Ryan was an after thought, alibi ... I also wrote "check mate" GO JUAN!!!

I can't wait to watch that on relay tonight.

what cracks ME up is that now, thanks to HER, we know she's ambidextrous!! so even cuts on her RIGHT hand could be from killing TA.

Exactly!! When she was talking about that and she said it depended on the activity, instead of asking about how she writes, I thought JM was going to ask, "What about stabbing"??????

JM is amazing. He makes me wish I was a lawyer, but I would never be anywhere as good as he is!! :great:

Why isn't she just admitting that her left hand was injured and not her right? Why be so argumentative about this fact? We see in her interrogation with Flores that its clearly her left hand that she says is and was injured.

Why insist its the right that was bandaged when she was in Utah?

It shows the jury she still have no problem lying. If she had no memory of stabbing him she would have no problem telling the truth. Yes, it was my left hand. Now she has admitted she is ambidextrous which means she could have had the camera in one hand and the weapon in the other. jmo

REMINDER:

This thread will be closing before court resumes. Grab your briefcases and I'll open the new thread in just a sec so you guys can find your seats.

My husband died at home after a long illness. Yes, I can be very hard to tell if someone is really dead. For one thing, your own heart is beating so hard you are shaking. Did he take a breath? Am I imagining it? It was very hard.

On the other hand, JA slit his throat. Hard to keep breathing after that.
Death is more a process than an event. I thought her statement about not having killed anyone before was telling. At the time of the murder, I bet she was confused by the death process she was witnessing, and then acted further, trying to make his body meet her expectations.

Damn werk. I am so far behind and have only been able to listen sporadically. What I did see.....JUAN BEING SUPER JUANDERFUL!!!

Question about the missing gun from JA's grandparents' house. Is it possible to compare a prior bullet shot (if the grandparents had one) with the one that killed TA or was shot in his home to see if it was the same gun?

Yes, even without the gun. But there would have to be enough markings left on the bullet to analyze. Some bullets get crushed or break apart. So long as both bullets had enough left of them to do a compare, they could do this to prove same gun shot both.

Same with 2 casings. There are marks on empty casings that they can tell are consistent with being ejected from same gun. The casings are harder to prove usually because there is less to compare since markings are not as profound as the bullet itself. Bullets get scratched while going through the inside of barrel and bullets usually have good marks. But if bullet gets crushed on impact or break apart in pieces, then those can be a problem to compare too.

It all depends on the quality of what they have.

I am considering the possibility that Matt may have become a states witness. It would not surprise me if he was caught lying to authorities for providing false info or something to that effect (like forgery) - something they can proscecute him for- and he came clean and made a deal with the state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592