CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was determined she was in San Diego at that time. There is a place called the gaslamp speakeasy that has live jazz there. It's in the gas lamp district and is quite popular
http://gaslampspeakeasy.com

Yeah, but this: http://www.examiner.com/article/elisa-lam-update-body-found-tank-decomposed-for-as-long-as-19-days says that she checked into Stay/Cecil on January 26th, which means that on January 27th--the date she went to the speakeasy--she would have been in Los Angeles.

Adding to my confusion is a post on her Tumblr made on January 29th, that starts "I have arrived in La-La-Land..." (although this doesn't necessarily mean that she arrived in Los Angeles precisely ON the January 29th, only that she chose to blog about arriving in Los Angeles ON January 29th)

Source: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41786151020/i-have-arrived-in-laland-and-there-is-a

I agree. IMO, although it is all interesting, this kind of thing derails the thread. It's no longer a sleuthing site and more a fantasy/ghost story/Illuminati conspiracy thread. It's not helpful. It's also not Websleuths. And it's fast making it unproductive and unpleasant to visit the thread looking for new info or logical theories.

Everyone has something interesting to say but I think it would be more productive if we kept the conspiracy theory and supernatural stuff off the threads.

...and mental theories. Just because someone was on meds, doesn't mean that she was acting crazy at that time. It's unproductive to describe her mental "visions", unless there is a logical basis for the argument (ie. past history). Saying she might have been on drugs or mentally ill is one thing, but laying out wild theories on what she was feeling/thinking during an unproven, altered state of mind is another.

For conspiracy theorist enthusiasts, there are forums more suited to that sort of discussion. Like the David Icke forums for instance. I dip in there now and then to hear some of it, lol

I agree these things don't seem really relevant to this case.

Yeah, I think everyone needs to realize that we won't be getting any more CONFIRMED information for about another six weeks. Until then, everything is just speculation and I think we've come up with just about every possible scenario there is from homicide to suicide to the paranormal and now conspiracy theories. I'm not saying everyone should give up trying to solve this case, but let's try and keep things in perspective and not post rumours/gossip. Let's also consider EL's family and friends can read this forum.

In my opinion, the most obvious explanation is usually the right one. When you take into account the Cecil's reputation, homicide seems probable. Drugs seem probable. A combination of both seems probable.

JMO - no pot stirring intended :twocents:

This is what the nouvelle-nouvuea logbsays about the hermit image
Check the bottom

distill3rdi likes this
zebohemio reblogged this from nouvelle-nouveau
edwardshallow reblogged this from parhelions
edwardshallow likes this
catvonnegut likes this
unsophisticatedheart1980 likes this
zm-zm reblogged this from nouvelle-nouveau
elianawhite likes this
parhelions reblogged this from nouvelle-nouveau and added:
Why are you still posting to your Tumblr, my dear Elisa?
20mars likes this
nouvelle-nouveau reblogged this from magrittesque
aaronfacey reblogged this from sensationalizm and added:
I am the hermit!
dark-witch-cult likes this
lightning-illumination reblogged this from forestofestrangement and added:
My life for the past 7 months.

LOOK

Check out the Hermit and
http://thelemicgoldendawn.net/

Loook BLIND LOOK

Or is that not her ACCOUNT.. NOUVELLE ETC.?

I haven't caught up on the board since last night, but anyone notice that Elisa's tumblr was updated? I am an avid Tumblr user and know all about automatic queue, but it's still creeping me out.

I wonder... if anyone has access to her Tumblr? Did the perp steal her computer and is now posting and taunting us?

VERY creepy. Especially with the image posted (a tarot card of "The Hermit")

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/44129845296

We had the Johnny Altinger / Mark Twitchell (perp) case up here in Canada a couple of years ago. Twitchell lured Altinger from BC to Alberta under the guise of a meet-up with a female. Twitchell was a filmmaker who apparently videod the killing of Altinger, and had somehow accessed Altinger's onine IDs and passwords and continued to send messages to Altinger's friends/family(?) pretending he had met a woman and was off on some adventure with her. It was a very ugly case.

I'm not totally convinced re the queuing thing going on. Do we know if Elisa had a laptop with her or was she strictly using the borrowed Blackberry? If she was without laptop and then Blackberry, it is conceivable she would have used the internet facilities within the hotel to keep in touch with her family. I wonder if LE has accessed the hotel computers to see who Elisa may have been communicating with, other than family, online during her stay.

Yeah, but this: http://www.examiner.com/article/elisa-lam-update-body-found-tank-decomposed-for-as-long-as-19-days

says that she checked into the Cecil on January 26th. From the looks of her Twitter/Tumblr, she went to the speakeasy on January 27th.

Adding to my confusion is a post on her Tumblr made on January 29th, that starts "I have arrived in La-La-Land..." (although this doesn't necessarily mean that she arrived in Los Angeles precisely ON the January 29th, only that she chose to blog about arriving in Los Angeles ON January 29th)

Source: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41786151020/i-have-arrived-in-laland-and-there-is-a

I believe it's been established that she arrived in San Diego on the 26 and LA on the 29th. Her travel plans with dates were listed in an earlier thread. Not sure which ..

Some people online have said that if Elisa accidentally pressed Door Hold, she would have rectified it by pressing Door Close. So why didn't she?

We have already explained previously that Elisa thought there was someone else outside the elevator pressing the buttons. Normally, if we enter a lift and then the lift door opened again after we thought it would close, we would naturally assume someone is outside the lift making the door open up again. That's why Elisa stuck her head out to see if anyone was there. Besides, we have deduced that perhaps Elisa never really wanted to go downstairs in the lift anyway. Perhaps she was actually playing a game, having fun, or flirting with someone and playing hide and seek or hard to get.

Lastly can people please stop posting up fake scary pictures alleged to be of Elisa's. Someone just posted a picture saying that it was a self-portrait photo Elisa took of herself whilst in the hotel. If things are going to proceed along those lines, one might as well put on a face mask and take a photo of oneself, post it online and claim that this is a picture of the alleged "murderer" taken right after one has killed Elisa, with maybe someone posing as dead Elisa lying in the background of the photo with red lips that betray the authenticity of the poster!

I find it disgraceful that people out there are trying to spook our online readers with fake spooky pictures like this. I hope those who have seen those fake pictures not be put off by them and return to engage in robust discussion over what really happened to Elisa Lam.

Sometimes Door Close isn't enough. You need to hold it down for it to work. Or maybe the elevator was outdated with that feature missing.

How have we deduced that she didn't want to go down? From the video, she presses all the floors below hers, and she waited. Playing games would involve a certain level of trust, in a public setting. She would have been seen with that person elsewhere, and possibly on security video. Or it was a hotel worker.

That's a good point I haven't heard discussed - that her body was found "wedged" in the tank. The only place it could be wedged would be in the pipes that I believe are at the bottom of the tank. The rest of it is just a big fat cylinder. If the body was wedged in the piping at the bottom that could explain it facing up - not really floating.

<SNIP>

This is also the same reporter who said that the body was floating face up (which we all know bodies float face down) It was also reported that the body was "wedged" in the tank by MSM. Who was right, who was wrong?

Wedged in the tank means to me that the body was caught in the pipes somehow inside of the tank which makes more sense to me than floating (face up or face down) because this would have likely explained the cause in the reduction in water pressure if the body was obstructing the inflow of water to the pipe leading to the rooms in the hotel and everyone should know that the intake pipe for a water tank would be near the bottom of the tank.

Body of Missing Tourist Elisa Lam, 21, Found in Cecil Hotel Water Tank LOS ANGELES - YouTube

I hear ya. But this is literally driving me crazy. There are so many pieces of this puzzle that do not add up or make sense, and frankly I don't have much faith in the police department's investigation.

I am trying not to think about the elevator video and instead examine the facts, or what we believe to be facts:

FACT: She told her family she was traveling through California on her way to Santa Cruz.
FACT: She checked into the Cecil on January 26th.
FACT: She ceased communication with her family by January 31st.

My questions:
Why was Santa Cruz her final destination?
Why did she stop in LA, and why was she using a borrowed cell phone?
If she lost her borrowed cell phone as she writes in her Tumblr, how was she making daily calls home? Payphone? Hotel phone?
If she lost her borrowed cell phone, whats up with the phone that police found in her hotel room?

I believe it's been established that she arrived in San Diego on the 26 and LA on the 29th. Her travel plans with dates were listed in an earlier thread. Not sure which ..

CNN says she checked into Hotel Cecil on January 26th:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html

So does Huffpo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/elisa-lam-coroner-says-mo_n_2736956.html

Not that CNN and Huffington Post are totally credible sources of info, but I haven't seen anything that says she checked into the Cecil or arrived in LA on the 29th.

So does Huffpo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/elisa-lam-coroner-says-mo_n_2736956.html

Not that CNN and Huffington Post are totally credible sources of info, but I haven't seen anything that says she checked into the Cecil or arrived in LA on the 29th.

Yeah.. I wouldn't call CNN credible.. after all look at the man they interviewed in that very link.

http://www.bustedoffenders.com/california/los-angeles/sex-offenders/alvin-taylor/1869408332832

Just makes you wonder just how much "investigative" work they do at all.. if any.

You know looking at his facebook page and his post in the LA Times things don't jive. He's young for sure. I could easily see his LA Times posting as a troll job.

The name Alvin Taylor the offender comes up on a conspiracy website 4 days earlier. Nate could have easily read that and wove it into his tale.

I may be naive but I don't see why anyone would lie or make up a story regarding this case. He is also using I assume his real name as you have to login to FB to write a comment. He also mentions Alvin has a adopted son named Aiden which I haven't heard anywhere else, and that he often is at the cafe next door socializing with hotel guests. I just don't understand why he would be lying.

I feel like chiming in with the people asking everybody to stay rational... I am very interested in all theories about this case, but in the recent pages of this thread, people do seem to exagerate a little bit (And I really don't mean to offend anyone by that, just my opinion). I really don't think that every single oddness about the Case has to mean something (for example, the LAM Elisa test - it just seems coincidental)... If you dig deep enough, I'm pretty sure youll find some weird coincidence to most people.

Personally, I am hoping that some breakthrough by LE will occur soon, although the current impression they give doesn't make it seem likely. I would hope that - IF there actually is a killer - he makes a mistake that puts police attention towards him. Because I just fear that the 6 weeks or more for the Toxicology Report might just be too long, anybody could get away in that time, especially because - again IF there's a killer - he has the same information... he knows that he has got 6 weeks time to cover his traces or go into hiding or whatever, before the tests results are likely to be out.
I have just one thing keeping me a little optimistic - I would bet LAPD is working hard on this case because after the Dorner case, Im pretty sure they are quite eager to repair their reputation amongst their citizens. What better way would there be to do this than to thoroughly solve such a mysterious, high-profile case?

Finally, I would have a question not directly related to the case but just out of interest for those who speak chinese and have been following the links to chinese sources posted over here: Does anybody know how many different Chinese teams we currently have exploring this hotel?To me it seems like there are a lot of different news sites & also regular people themselves posting their own pictures and discoveries... Am I seeing this right?

Yeah.. I wouldn't call CNN credible.. after all look at the man they interviewed in that very link.

http://www.bustedoffenders.com/california/los-angeles/sex-offenders/alvin-taylor/1869408332832

Just makes you wonder just how much "investigative" work they do at all.. if any.

Um, SERIOUSLY. I just found another Huffington Post story that says she checked into the Hotel Cecil on January 28.

Can someone point me in the direction of a CREDIBLE news media story that has an accurate date for Elisa's arrival in LA?

We had the Johnny Altinger / Mark Twitchell (perp) case up here in Canada a couple of years ago. Twitchell lured Altinger from BC to Alberta under the guise of a meet-up with a female. Twitchell was a filmmaker who apparently videod the killing of Altinger, and had somehow accessed Altinger's onine IDs and passwords and continued to send messages to Altinger's friends/family(?) pretending he had met a woman and was off on some adventure with her. It was a very ugly case.

I'm not totally convinced re the queuing thing going on. Do we know if Elisa had a laptop with her or was she strictly using the borrowed Blackberry? If she was without laptop and then Blackberry, it is conceivable she would have used the internet facilities within the hotel to keep in touch with her family. I wonder if LE has accessed the hotel computers to see who Elisa may have been communicating with, other than family, online during her stay.

I'm thinking she communicated with her family via public computers in the hotel. One of the Chinese bloggers snapped a photo of the computer lab. I don't think she would be travelling with a laptop or iPad, but it is possible. If someone stole her laptop (IF she had one), they might be messing with us and updating her Tumblr.

As far as the phone goes... she may have picked up a burner phone at a Walgreen's. These are easy to get and pick up. I can't imagine anyone would travel these days without even a simple cell phone.

I hear ya. But this is literally driving me crazy. There are so many pieces of this puzzle that do not add up or make sense, and frankly I don't have much faith in the police department's investigation.

I am trying not to think about the elevator video and instead examine the facts, or what we believe to be facts:

FACT: She told her family she was traveling through California on her way to Santa Cruz.
FACT: She checked into the Cecil on January 26th.
FACT: She ceased communication with her family by January 31st.

My questions:
Why was Santa Cruz her final destination?
Why did she stop in LA, and why was she using a borrowed cell phone?
If she lost her borrowed cell phone as she writes in her Tumblr, how was she making daily calls home? Payphone? Hotel phone?
If she lost her borrowed cell phone, whats up with the phone that police found in her hotel room?

• Apparently, she wanted to work on an organic farm.
  • LA is a tourist hotspot.
  • Phones in Canada are often locked to their carrier, and the roaming plans are prohibitively expensive.

An earlier report says she arrived in L.A on the 26th but checked into the Cecil on the 28th. LINK

Um, SERIOUSLY. I just found another Huffington Post story that says she checked into the Hotel Cecil on January 28.

Can someone point me in the direction of a CREDIBLE news media story that has an accurate date for Elisa's arrival in LA?

Didn't she mention on twitter the day she arrived in LA? I assume that's the day she checked in. I can't remember her twitter account name but I'm sure someone can link you to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59