100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clearly a lie to deflect from her having dyed it brown on the trip to Mesa. She's trying to say it was already brown, so the rental car guy got it wrong...:twocents::moo:
Dying it brown for Mesa points to premeditation, since everyone who could identify her there, knew her as a blonde.

Exactly, I do think JM will clear it all up in Rebuttal.

That's why she was so gleeful when giving this answer. It was one of the few times she knew her statement could not be proven to be a lie.

But it can. If you Google PPL convention,they're always held in April.

Don't believe her. She also said today that Napolean barked whenever someone knocked on the door or rang the bell. Do not tell me that dog would not have heard her come in and approach the office. My dog can hear dogs being walked by our house in the middle of winter with all the doors and windows shut tight. Dogs hear, investigate and react.

She is a rotten liar, and nothing she says should be taken at face value, except "I am a liar".

By the way, awesome question today, "how do you decide when to lie and when to tell the truth". That one could have been written by Juan.

I agree with this. It seems odd that he would have the doors unlocked at 4 am. I believe Jodi wants everyone to believe she was practically a resident of that home.

I wonder if Jodi dyed her hair on the side of the road and rinsed with the costco water.

THANK YOU ~ what a FABULOUS way to spin things!!!!! Think I'll get up a few minutes earlier tomorrow and get a Starbucks :) I'll toast you for the idea and then LAUGH at what JA will be having for breakfast!!
The irony though, is that when I've gone to Starbucks recently, I think about things like the length of the line and such, that I never would have taken notice of or remembered before- just not important enough. Jodi's memory is so convenient that she can remember the line length, what she ordered or the price of gas 5 years ago, but not significant things like stabbing someone 29 times or slitting his throat. Maybe her "fog" is really early onset Alzheimer's Disease, surprised her defense team hasn't suggested it yet. If they do, we'll know for sure they read here!!!

I agree with this. It seems odd that he would have the doors unlocked at 4 am. I believe Jodi wants everyone to believe she was practically a resident of that home.

I wonder if Jodi dyed her hair on the side of the road and rinsed with the costco water.

She is crazy she probably copied a key when trading cars....IMO

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jurors may want to know they aren't going to make her parents suffer by imposing the Death Sentence. Her answers that she wasn't all that close to them clears the way, IMO. Whether Jodi loves her parents unconditionally is not even what they asked. It's all about her again.

BBM.

This is a very interesting and profound insight. I think you could be correct.

This question may play strongly into the penalty phase (assuming there is one) deliberations, as well as mitigation. And she completely, totally, thoroughly blew it on these questions. Not a single drop of remorse over the fractured relationships, not a single bit of acceptance for her part in damaging the relationships, nothing. Just me, me, me. This was a GOLDEN chance for her to sob about how she regrets so many mistakes, yada, yada, and wants only for a chance to repair their relationship. How she is so grateful for their presence there supporting her, despite the rough relationship they have had. Etc.

What the jurors now know is that her own mother, sitting right there in the room every single day, is not terribly close to her, nor she to her parents.

And omg, what an awful position to be in, facing the DP.

Thanks for making me feel smart. :giggle:

There seems no love lost between Jodi and her parents. It's like a blank space. I don't see any of the same dynamics that I did in the Anthony trial. Those jurors are going to remember Travis's family being there everyday with their love for him like an eternal flame. IMO, Jodi is likely to get the DP.

Apparently, he kept his doors unlocked (not wise with a stalker like Jodi, but she had moved 1,000 miles away to N. CA).

I think Jodi found a truck stop with showers, like the Flying J chain for truckers in which to dye her hair, if she didn't have it done at the salon in Salinas.

Thank you LadyEdith! This is the sort of comment I've been meaning to ask for!

I'd love for anyone who has the same Rx (or very, very close) as JA to post about whether they can drive - day or night - without glasses.

My first thought is LIE, too, but the MCSO would not issue her glasses for no reason, and they wouldn't allow her to have them (she can't have pens for cripe's sake) just to wear for fun.

Weird.

I have a similiar if not the same prescription as her, and have had the same prescription since I was in my teens. I drove for many years without my glasses/contacts (even though it was on my license that I needed them) I could see things, but it wasn't until I was in my early 20's that I started just wearing them for driving at night, although my Rx didn't change, I guess it just wasn't cool anymore, and I was more for the safety of it. I could drive... but to be honest, I have no idea if I would have seen someone walking across a dark street (hope that makes sense). I was in my mid 20's before I decided I better wear them all the time.

Even now, it's my experience.. if I wake up in the morning and don't put on my glasses, if I had to, I could drive, and probably see enough to get to where I need to safely during the day. At night, I doubt it, and only under an extreme emergency would I even try. Once I have my glasses on during the day and I take them off, pfft I can't see anything LOL

I've also noticed... since this case has started and I seem to be reading on here for hours at a time... if I have to read paper, I have to take my glasses off, or read under my glasses to see it better *sigh*

Here is the problem though.... just because JA needs glasses now, did not mean she needed them in 2008, or that her Rx would be the same. Maybe they weren't that bad back then?

Apparently, he kept his doors unlocked (not wise with a stalker like Jodi, but she had moved 1,000 miles away to N. CA).

I think Jodi found a truck stop with showers, like the Flying J chain for truckers in which to dye her hair, if she didn't have it done at the salon in Salinas.

I saw a lady doing it in the women's bathroom at a truck stop. It was sooo gross with her nasty head all up in the sink! Pay for the shower geez!!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

If you want someone out of your life you probably wouldn't let them in at 4 am, no?

Well, since we have no evidence that Travis invited Jodi into his home at 4am, we also don't have evidence that she could have used the doggie door and let herself in. Nor do we have evidence that she didn't rummage through his computer and private things while he was sleeping and we also don't have evidence that afterwards maybe she could have slept in the two-seater chair next to the bed until he woke up around 1pm.
Did they have sex the afternoon of June 4th? Probably. But my thought might be that she laid some freaky guilt trip on him and Travis felt sorry for her. That along with, sheesh, a man is a man...what do you do when there's a naked woman on your bed? Only Jodi knows the whole story.

JMO

If you want someone out of your life you probably wouldn't let them in at 4 am, no?

Crying, pleading, saying "I'm so tired - I've been driving all night... If I drive I'll cause an accident - please just for an hour?"

Would it be the smartest thing in the world to do? No. Would many guys do it given the same circumstances? Probably. He probably viewed himself a gentleman on some level, and he seemed to be open and friendly rather than not.

Why does it even matter? Travis is not responsible for what JA did to him. Period.

Has anyone asked Jodi how, if her mind goes blank in times of stress, she had the wherewithal to think back to that housekeeping incident six months earlier when she came upon Travis' gun in the closet while contemporaneously thinking to use it to make Travis 'halt' (despite her stating several times that he told her repeatedly it wasn't loaded)

Umm, I think the more she talks, the more the jury...de-edify's her

Yeah he wanted her out so bad that they traveled to seven different states together.

Maybe he was suffering from Battered Mens Syndrome. Seriously.

Yes, I agree.

I would ask if Travis paid her (Jodi) for sex. Because it seems she was with many men and trolled them along.

Travis, Ryan B., Gus S., MM, Dixon, the "camping trip" guys...add more that I missed !

Bobby Juarez,
Victor Arias

BobbyVictorBobbyVictorBobbyVictor....remember?

Crying, pleading, saying "I'm so tired - I've been driving all night... If I drive I'll cause an accident - please just for an hour?"
/
Would it be the smartest thing in the world to do? No. Would many guys do it given the same circumstances? Probably. He probably viewed himself a gentleman on some level, and he seemed to be open and friendly rather than not.

Why does it even matter? Travis is not responsible for what JA did to him. Period.
I was making a point that I find statements by other posters here that Travis just wanted Jodi out of his life to be false.

Of course Travis is not to blame. Only Jodi is to blame.

ok, one more blurb from a news article - During her three days on the stand, Arias also claimed that Alexander sometimes belittled her in front of his friends. “He made jokes towards me that were not very nice,” she said. “His friends advised me to stop dating him immediately. He called me a *advertiser censored* in front of his roommate.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/10/jodi-arias-the-mormon-casey-anthony.html

I missed most of the conversation y'all were having earlier, but I just want to point out that the jurors/judge weren't being rude or making it up. "*advertiser censored*" was a word JA made mention to several times....ok then, carry on ;)

BBM - Just because JA claims something, definitely doesn't mean it's true. At all. It could be, but everything that said friends can't or won't corroborate should be taken with a grain of salt.

Including the '*advertiser censored*' comment. JA puts twists on stories to make them out to be very different than the reality. She went way overboard with this one imv. Why? Because they're grasping. What else are they going to do?

I'm not blaming Travis at all if that's what you're getting at. But I do disagree with comments that he just wanted to get away from her which I don't think is true.

I had a psycho-stalker ex that I was afraid to:

1) Not open the door for him
2) Not answer his calls
3) Not agree with him to his face on EVERYTHING

etc. without re-living it all

His psycho behavior ESCALATED dangerously if I seemed non-compliant. He found my new job on my first day (in another city). He found my new home first week (in new city). He vandalized my vehicles, animals...ugh. I'm getting sick remembering.

I moved to another state & went off radar--no voter registration, unlisted everything I could do!

So he bombarded my email, instant messenger (the awful offline msgs would pop up & ruin my day)

No more details--you should get the point.--I understand that you are NOT a Jodi fan, but until you've walked a mile....

This part very likely did not happen. Dyeing back to blond after dying dark is impossible without a lot of bleach, and even color removal. A very expensive process.

Thank you, I don't know anything about blonde hair except many yrs ago I tried to dye my sister's hair blonde and it turned out orange..LOL

She would have been in Mesa for awhile after 3-20-2008, maybe JM has a witness to her not coloring her hair then.

Maybe her text about dyeing her hair brown was about Deanna changing her hair color at the same time, like a dig abt it.

Just hope JM can clear it up. I believe he has something to prove her hair was blonde/lighter on her trip.

I don't think the Rental agent (forget his name maybe Colombo) would say it was blonde if it wasn't. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde