100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that they never steal or do their jobs improperly (God knows they have some screw up working there at times) but when you look at the totality of everything in this case, what does this situation say to you? another coincidence in a string of unfortunate events of Jodi's road trip??

There are cameras everywhere in Walmart. The return desk has one for security reasons. I don't think they put just "anyone" on a return desk either because it does require paperwork that needs to be filled out. Walmart is accountable because most States have taxes on those items and they need to be kept track of. That is why your Walmart slip has each and every items described and inventory numbers. Basically what Jodi is saying is that Walmart screwed up not just once, but twice. Right......they must have seen her coming. Just like the license plate. It's almost dark and she does not know she needs glasses but can make out the bug pattern on the license plate so that it matches up with the bumper. Why was she fearful and had to hurry to get back into the car when the plate could have dropped off on it's own? She would not have known it was tampered with until she checked the back plate. jmo

I think her friend that she said would never betray her, has already said something to someone and JM has proof. I think that she is about to see her whole case fall apart.

The jury has more questions and they are not limited. So I bet they are good! Too bad we have to wait until Wednesday!!

Did you see her face before the objection? I'm sure he's spoken to someone about there return policy and had the records checked. she looked like she was caught. She is insistent about this 3rd gas can, just like she is about her finger and we've heard several versions of that story. The gas cans show premeditation and she wont admit to it. Just like the theft of the gun etc..

The third gas can has nothing to do with showing premeditation. That is not Juan's objective at the moment.

What it shows is the ease in which Jodi lies. That's all.

This Walmart purchase/return and her injured finger have nothing to do with killing Travis. These points are being brought out to show how it's almost second-nature for Jodi to lie about the most insignificant things.

Therefore....if she lies about these tiny areas of interest (that bear no benefit either way) then why should a Juror trust her in the bigger issues like.....murdering Travis?

It's Psych-101 at its finest!!!

So it's a coincidence that on that specific date, a Walmart employee decided to risk their job, to pocket $12 and hide the returned gas can?

It's not probable, AT ALL. I too, used to work at Walmart. Regardless of whether you feel their employees are "held in high regard" (????), they DO have policies. They are a corporation, and yes, are very strict with financials. In 2008, they made over 100 BILLION dollars. I'm fairly confident that they keep a good eye on what goes in and out, every second.

They really do. Loss prevention is no joke, store managers have cameras right over your shoulder during your shift. There is a register report daily to show items sold, returns, cash in, cash out. They keep digital records of your receipts. Loss prevention comes in and watches hours and hours of transactions. That's how most dishonest people are caught. Each day there is a log report with your name and all of you cashiering. Even if it seems the policy is friendly and relaxed its really not, you don't just walk in with an item return it and there is no record of it in the system. Items are scanned by barcode for inventory purposes, you must sign acknowledging you received your refund. That goes back into the register. When you come up with $12 missing, no record of return, you are written up and must sign your write up. basically walmart is about their $$$ whether it be $12 gas can or $100. They're about their money first!

The returns are done at the service area desk. There is a log of all returns etc done at each registrar including the service desk area. If there were a return given that day they would only have to check these logs. Its easy for them to check. I've called for these logs many times when working for WM Home office. If they say there's no refund, there is no refund. These logs are computer generated. There is also video that can be requested. I don't know how you equate this to a WM employee stealing or not? Why be derogatory about people that you know nothing about? We know Jodi lies maybe that is the easiest answer.

Having worked retail at May Co. while in college, I agree these tils are very strict and accounted for. In fact, I closed each night. If I was short and it rarely happened, but if i was short and it was generally $10 or less, you bet I got my purse out immediately LOL. We all pitched in and put the shorted amount in and turned in a perfect register.

YOU could be short.. Maybe once? Happen again and someone is fired, there are cameras over the register. If we were over it meant we shorted a customer, that was not good either, but not as bad as being short.

That Walmart Return counter is very isolated, it's organized and not intermingled at the normal register so if they say there was no return, i believe it.

The third gas can has nothing to do with showing premeditation. That is not Juan's objective at the moment.

What it shows is the ease in which Jodi lies. That's all.

This Walmart purchase/return and her injured finger have nothing to do with killing Travis. These points are being brought out to show how it's almost second-nature for Jodi to lie about the most insignificant things.

Therefore....if she lies about these tiny areas of interest (that bear no benefit either way) then why should a Juror trust her in the bigger issues like.....murdering Travis?

It's Psych-101 at its finest!!!

It does show premeditation. It shows that she wants to have enough gas to not have to stop in AZ for gas. No receipts. She bought that can to make sure of that. She was not sure Ryans gas cans were enough. Her stocking up on gas completely goes toward premeditation.

My hunch is that JM will have a wide assortment of odds and ends by which he will impeach JA on rebuttal. I'm sure a Walmart data analysis expert will testify about the Salinas Walmart store database findings on June 2 2008.
I trust we will hear much more from Matt and the code messages smuggled out of jail in the 2 magazines. etc.

IMO, the rebuttal case will be the clencher for this whole dog and pony show. JM has his ducks in a row. he will bury her for good in rebuttal. he's saving the best for last---as all good prosecutors do. it will be the last thing the jury gets before closing arguments----and they already get it now. she's dead meat.

I find that doubtful. They must keep every transaction made on file. They just dont give out refunds without having any backup to show the transaction.

IMO

Well since nobody volunteered to be on the investigating commitee, that points the finger, no pun intended, at me so on we go.
I hope it is a woman at exchange because I can really turn on the charm and maybe see if there is a glitch in the system. I might even wear my speedos.

The lie about the 3rd gas can seems so pointless. It's not like 3 gas cans makes her look more guilty than 2. She must be hiding something else about it.

By itself the 2 vs 3 gas cans may not seem to be a big deal. As has been pointed out before the importance of the 3rd gas can is this:

The 3rd gas can is a fact that arose in this court case and something JA under oath swore is TRUE.
She unequivocally asserted she did not have 3 gas cans and she returned the 3rd can to Salinas Walmart.

If JM can PROVE she lied on this one point, and on this one point alone, then the body of her entire testimony over the past month can be thrown out and disregarded as unreliable.

Hey Linda: I think Matt might be terriifed Juan's calling Matt!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Speaking of Matt, I just watched this short clip from the JA 48 hours interview. JA talks about there being secret ways that messages get passed in prison, although she states she not really familiar with them all because she hadn't been in prison long enough to learn the ropes at that point. If the coded magazine message is brought up again, I think we may see this clip because you know she will deny having anything to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cLpvB2cBBfY

YES!!!!! how many coincidences can there be, anyway???!!!???

and NOW, heading off the state from saying no gun was ever registered to TA in the state of AZ, it becomes a SECRET gun....from his father???? huh?

i feel certain the jury sees through the lies which had been created out of whole cloth by jodi and her lying attorney.

Yep. A secret gun he had for a considerable amount of time that he never told about to his close friend who is a NRA member and has taken him out shooting before. I believe it.

Re: JA purchased 9mm gun

Has it ever been disclosed where and date when JA purchased (presumably after the murder) the 9mm escape gun? Details? TIA

IMO, the rebuttal case will be the clencher for this whole dog and pony show. JM has his ducks in a row. he will bury her for good in rebuttal. he's saving the best for last---as all good prosecutors do. it will be the last thing the jury gets before closing arguments----and they already get it now. she's dead meat.

I agree. No point in showing his complete hand to the DT early on.

I believe I heard something about a laptop belonging to someone working for the state being stolen a while back. Can anyone confirm this? If so, is there any more details about it?

After reading about some 400 posts about Walmart, I never knew their employees were held in such high regard. I guess they never steal or do not do their jobs correctly.

I would think that since Walmart received a subpoena for that information that they would be inclined to be truthful. They have no reason to lie. Most employees do their job and it's not a matter of holding someone in "high regard", it's their job and they do it to the best of their abilities. I do not think Walmart employees are the exception.

Also most employees feel it's not worth "stealing" a five gallon gas can so they can lose their job over it. In today's world.....there is ALWAYS a paper trail. Jodi, be careful what you wish for. jmo

Having worked retail at May Co. while in college, I agree these tils are very strict and accounted for. In fact, I closed each night. If I was short and it rarely happened, but if i was short and it was generally $10 or less, you bet I got my purse out immediately LOL. We all pitched in and put the shorted amount in and turned in a perfect register.

YOU could be short.. Maybe once? Happen again and someone is fired, there are cameras over the register. If we were over it meant we shorted a customer, that was not good either, but not as bad as being short.

That Walmart Return counter is very isolated, it's organized and not intermingled at the normal register so if they say there was no return, i believe it.

WOW, in banking where I live, touch your til either way to fix a short or over you are fired. Doing otherwise is dishonest. Better to be short than over as overage shows you shorted a customer.

I agree with you that it's a little silly to suggest that if Walmart didn't have a record of it, it didn't happen.

I do think it's something of a coincidence, though, plus there's the fact that Jodi seems to have been a serious receipt keeper.

For tax fraud purposes. she planned to write her murder trip off as a business related trip even though the only business she had planned was a murder and an alibi grinding. The sole purpose of these receipts were to further prove that she wasn't in AZ. She had receipts for everywhere else except mesa. That was back in the golden olden days when she was peddling story #1.

Thank heavens there was no duct tape in this murder, the gas cans are enough to handle.

has anyone worked out the exact hours of this gas station yet

i seen it as 6am - 1am etc but someone posted its open 24 hours mon to sunday at 1am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kch52285