100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi, It's me, the fog talking. Please don't drag me into your crimes, really? Fog? You don't even know me. Don't make me come to Arizona, I like Maine just fine...

fog_main_01.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

FYI Still here and catching up when i can. Thanks to all for posting. Mainly time to read only right now. 2 days after arriving home from holiday our 7 week old pup arrived from the South. I have no life now lol other than potty training,avoiding human teething bone,playing. She is a delight but a handful.

Because she already had the other two!!! Hell, for all we know she might've had 10 gas cans. But let's deal with the 3 we know about.

This extra can, which holds 5 gallons won't get her any LESS detected than 10 gallons.

5 gallons would only take her about 150 more miles.

Having these cans and using them so to go undetected is pure speculation ( it's what I believe though) But proving Jodi is a liar will be priceless and a nail in her coffin.

Proof verses speculation are two different animals (as Jodi puts it) in a death penalty case!!
Juan is proving she is a liar. There is no way to PROVE what the cans were used for so in theory, the third can is inconsequential and pure speculation.

And that's the 150 additional miles she needed to go from Pasadena to Mesa and back to I-15 in Nevada without filling up.

The third gas can is monumental in premeditation, because it absolutely shows she precisely calculated the amount of gas she needed.

And don't forget, she hand-picked her car in the rental lot, because she didn't like the first one they gave her. It probably didn't jive with her numbers.

IMO, the significance of the 3rd can is that it proves that Arias was trying to avoid detection in Arizona.

Blythe CA near AZ border) to Mesa AZ -> 165 miles
Mesa AZ to Boulder City NV (near AZ border) -> 277 miles

Total -> 442 miles

Estimate range of Ford Focus - 420 miles if she got 30 mpg

My guess is that she filled the car and 3 gas cans in Pasadena and then pulled over somewhere in Arizona between the CA border and Mesa and refilled the tank from the gas cans. Most likely, that would've gotten her out of Arizona w/o having to stop at a gas station.
Do you know whether you can put gas in a kerosene can? Since she is into semantics, could that be why she claims there was not a third gas can? Could the kerosene have been used to burn her clothes etc? And thus cause the smoke smell?

My jaw dropped as I was listening to her. I had watched the entire interview before, but it must have been before JM presented the magazine evidence because I totally missed the significance of this part of the interview.

I am now thinking that we need to go through all the interviews. I think she may have been sending several messages to people outside through these interviews! this was a subtle message to Matt that any magazines that he gets he needs to look for note?!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I know that we'll get to hear more from JM when the trial resumes next Wednesday, but I am already excited about Rebuttal. If the jury isn't completely convinced yet that Jodi is a LIAR, I feel certain that there will no longer be an iota of doubt when JM parades witnesses who will refute each and every one of her LIES.

Ok if she had 3 gas cans in Pasadena for the purpose of making it all the way to Arizona and back out to Nevada without having to stop for gas -- then why would she only have put 2.77 gallons in the 3rd gas can and not fill it with 5 gallons?

even if JM doesn't call him, he's been mentioned so many times as being the ONLY person to know about the pedophilia and the abuse that the jury will find it quite strange when the defense doesn't call him to vouch for her.

like there's someone out there who can back her up and we never see them? i think they'll draw the correct conclusions from that. doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see JM subpoena him.

We always seem to think alike. It's a good job we're not neighbours. Hours of sleuthing over the fence! :floorlaugh:

even if JM doesn't call him, he's been mentioned so many times as being the ONLY person to know about the pedophilia and the abuse that the jury will find it quite strange when the defense doesn't call him to vouch for her.

like there's someone out there who can back her up and we never see them? i think they'll draw the correct conclusions from that. doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see JM subpoena him.

Just like the individuals at the PPL event that made light of her bruises. Seems like the type of collaboration you would want present at the trial.

Mark my words...The third gas can is going to be the biggest piece of evidence tying premeditation to this murder.

I totally disagree. The third can is a piece of evidence that proves she lies.

We all are pretty sure she wanted these cans to go undetected. But there is no tangible proof of that. Only speculation.

Even if we had footage of her filling up the third can all that will do is PROVE she lied. That's all

This is a death penalty case. Speculation is frown upon.

I believe she used the cans so not to stop along the way. I've said that all along as a person hearing this case.

But right now, as I type this post, I am playing the 13th juror and I couldn't allow speculation at this point. I'd require, proof. And Juan is proving she's a liar. That's good enough for me to question everything she says.

To determine the type of blade that made the stab wounds, he would look for one of the clean straight in punctures and get the most accurate "width" then find the deepest thrust wound where he could see she shoved it down deep.

With 29, he had a lot to work with. I recall 3" minimum depth on some, 1.5" wide (some 1" and some a lot wider) My guess is something like the ultra sharp restaurant knives used in the Kitchen by her cook friends, sharp both sides, compact easy to hold and hide

(and yes, I think she took a knife from work)

oyster-knife-pro-grip-oyster-opener-knife-3.jpg

Ok if she had 3 gas cans in Pasadena for the purpose of making it all the way to Arizona and back out to Nevada without having to stop for gas -- then why would she only have put 2.77 gallons in the 3rd gas can and not fill it with 5 gallons?

Where is it demonstrated that she only put 2.77 in one can? I apologize, I haven;t seen all the evidence.

Here are some plausible answers:

1. One of the cans already had some gas in it.
2. We don't know how much gas the car needed. Some of what we assumed went in the car, actually went into a can.

FYI Still here and catching up when i can. Thanks to all for posting. Mainly time to read only right now. 2 days after arriving home from holiday our 7 week old pup arrived from the South. I have no life now lol other than potty training,avoiding human teething bone,playing. She is a delight but a handful.

Congratulations! Breed?

Rewatching some of Nurmi's questions from yesterday and am wondering about the two Helio phones. JA says she taped phone sex conversation on 5/10/08 but then lost that phone and then taped some other phone sex calls on the replacement phone AFTER 5/10/08 but deleted them? is that right? If so, wouldn't the computer forensics experts be able to pull even deleted recordings off that 2nd phone? I think she is lying about any taping after 5/10 - my belief is Travis was done with her once he realized she had that first tape of him.

So, heres my question, Where is Mr. Martinez going with the last mine of questioning? The issue with Casa Ramos and the injured finger? I'm not understanding where he is going with that? Please advise!

I totally disagree. The third can is a piece of evidence that proves she lies.

We all are pretty sure she wanted these cans to go undetected. But there is no tangible proof of that. Only speculation.

Even if we had footage of her filling up the third can all that will do is PROVE she lied. That's all

This is a death penalty case. Speculation is frown upon.

I believe she used the cans so not to stop along the way. I've said that all along as a person hearing this case.

But right now, as I type this post, I am playing the 13th juror and I couldn't allow speculation at this point. I'd require, proof. And Juan is proving she's a liar. That's good enough for me to question everything she says.

But why lie about a 3rd gas at all? The motivation behind the lie is the focus, the reason she didn't want to admit to having used a 3rd gas can.

I thought the shaking thing was ridiculous. So, she can hide the shaking in her voice too? That's impressive! :p

But seriously, I'd be like that kid on Goonies confessing everything I've ever done if I ever had to go up against JM.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The whole chihuahua 'shaking' thing is ridiculous, as is her 'brain fog' and her 'scrambled' brain and her memory 'gaps', imo. I think she's so invested in her 'symptoms' that she has attached these mental images to them. Whether they are at all based on reality, or are just complete delusions or outright lies, she probably thinks it makes them more real and convincing. That and I think she's just extremely melodramatic and histrionic.

And she is convinced that all of her bizarre antics and obvious efforts to create this pseudo 'reality' and hide who she really is, are not apparent to anyone. She really has never second guessed her belief that she has the wool pulled over everyone's eyes. Which has been proven not to be the case, given all of the people who have spoken out about her even to the point of trying to warn Travis.

I just keep thinking of that video where Travis is talking about his encounter with the person with the gun to his head, and she's blatantly lounging all over him pretending to be asleep and unaware of what he's saying, then makes a quiet but obvious scene by rubbing her eyes, etc. when she pretends to wake up. Even there she was being sneaky and deceptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203