Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I haven't seen her pictures in this thread yet...

haileyd.jpg

haileydunn11.jpg

haileyc.jpg

haileydunn10.jpg

Was Shawn involved or just Billie?

The thing that does not make sense to me, if they were both involved ...

Why would she openly accuse him in the media now? Wouldn't she be afraid to pizz him off, not wanting him to flip and be the first to cut a deal with LE?

I personally believe Billie is responsible for what happened. I thnk Shawn removed Haileys body from the house. The other thing that a lot of people think is that Shawn went back and moved the body again maybe so he didnt get fitted up by Billie so now Billie isnt sure if this is actually Hailey or not thats been found. As for it not making sense if Billie is involved I think he just assumes that everyone will believe what she has to say and that he will just been seen as the odd guy with MHR.

I'd be guessing to say that if BD tried to cut a deal now, she would be charged with something. This way she can deny anything SA says. Unless he has proof she was involved, or LE has proof, it's all hearsay on SA's part. Just the fact that neither one has been arrested after this long, tells me LE doesn't have enough evidence to arrest either one. And to know SA is a prime suspect, that bothers me he is still free if they do have evidence on him. LE doesn't need a body to arrest anyone as long as they have sufficient evidence to show someone's involvement. If SA and BD are the only two involved, no witnesses, no hard evidence, it would be pretty easy for BD to convince LE she wasn't involved and she didn't know SA did anything to Hailey. It's been over two years now and I imagine BD has worked out a scenario to distance herself from any involvement. I believe now she is saying it's possibly SA could have done something to Hailey, this is her way of admitting she knows but doesn't want to confess as she knows she will also be held accountable for withholding evidence. She's dumb but smart enough to figure this much out kwim. I'll remain hopeful the truth will catch up with them.

Would it be that easy for her to convince LE though given that shes been convicted of lieing to them and has lied so many times now though?

The problem LE have is that they don't have any evidence, plus there are reasonable grounds for doubt (based on what has been reported so far).

For example, there are the various phone records from SA and HDs phones which collectively make it unlikely that either SA or BD were involved in whatever happened to HD. There are the witnesses that reported seeing HD that day, which have never been refuted. There is the whole earring debacle, which creates the strong implication on multiple levels that HD visited her fathers house that day, contary to what has been claimed.

The real problem with this case is that none of the principals have anything remotely approaching credibility, and pretty much all of what various theories are built on depends on the credibility of one side or the other.

That would make for a very weak case in trial. In a trial the real facts will come out, and neither side will be able to rely on gossip in the face of that. For example, all these calls that were made, who were they made to and why. Then there is the text message, which if true suggests a very different scenario. And if that text message was really made, you can be damned sure that the recipient will be grilled exhaustively in any trial. Likewise with the earrings, if BD's claims of the X-box footage showing HD as wearing them the night before she went missing really are true. If both of those things are true, then there is a great deal of reasonable doubt.

The problem on a site like WS is that people come fixated on a "guilty party", basically because they like or dislike various characters in the story. They go by gut feeling rather than the facts of the case. The facts of the case however are what would be presented in trial, and it is those facts, such as we know them, that would make any kind of prosecution of the most popular theory extremely difficult.

I found this post confusing I have to admit. Firstly you say witnesses saw Hailey that day and that hasnt been refuted. Really? Because LE themselves have said sightings of Hailey that day were not credible. As for the earrings and xbox I would like to know what time the X Box really said she was on there ( if there really were any photos of her on there even which I have doubts) and if there are photos whether she was wearing the earrings. Clint has been CLEARED of being involved in what happened to his daughter and I believe Naomi was also. As for MB I am sure she will be more than willing to testify after what they have put her through. As for anything else Clint was told a long time ago now by police that Hailey was dead. I honestly think that LE have a lot more evidence than you realise :)

Can those that followed this on facebook verify what the commenter says here?
DD - 13 hours ago.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/HAILEY-DUN...nce/-/14769632/19408954/-/b12h6y/-/index.html

I'm not even going to comment on Billie. :facepalm:

DD is telling the truth with what they say there. Have to say DD is an excellent poster and has a record memory of this case. A few months now I think Shawn was angry at things Billie was saying about him. He made some allegations about Billie. Well Billie went crazyand started making claims about him on another page. Shawn then talked some more and then Billie made some posts on yet another page where she said on the day of Hailey going missing he had scratches on his hands and that he had searched decomposing bodies. Now I understand this is to make him look bad but to me it makes her look even worse for staying with him if its true so again it backfired. One thing I have to say about Shawn and Billie when Billie posts things about Shawn she will just throw anything she can at him and hopes something sticks. When you ask Shawn anything ie who was it who really took Billie to work that Morning he will answer to the point and even give names for example he said he took her to work and had told Det X that also which seemed strange if he was lieing.

The problem LE have is that they don't have any evidence, plus there are reasonable grounds for doubt (based on what has been reported so far).

For example, there are the various phone records from SA and HDs phones which collectively make it unlikely that either SA or BD were involved in whatever happened to HD. There are the witnesses that reported seeing HD that day, which have never been refuted. There is the whole earring debacle, which creates the strong implication on multiple levels that HD visited her fathers house that day, contary to what has been claimed.

The real problem with this case is that none of the principals have anything remotely approaching credibility, and pretty much all of what various theories are built on depends on the credibility of one side or the other.

That would make for a very weak case in trial. In a trial the real facts will come out, and neither side will be able to rely on gossip in the face of that. For example, all these calls that were made, who were they made to and why. Then there is the text message, which if true suggests a very different scenario. And if that text message was really made, you can be damned sure that the recipient will be grilled exhaustively in any trial. Likewise with the earrings, if BD's claims of the X-box footage showing HD as wearing them the night before she went missing really are true. If both of those things are true, then there is a great deal of reasonable doubt.

The problem on a site like WS is that people come fixated on a "guilty party", basically because they like or dislike various characters in the story. They go by gut feeling rather than the facts of the case. The facts of the case however are what would be presented in trial, and it is those facts, such as we know them, that would make any kind of prosecution of the most popular theory extremely difficult.

Yea, I don't think so. I have seen and read about people being arrested, charged and convicted on a whole lot less.

The witnesses you write of about seeing Hailey that day have not been refuted but nor have they been substantiated.

I do not think the fixation on a guilty party is the exclusivity of WS. It happens in the media, social media, and in courtrooms everyday. The defense wants folks to like their client and the prosecution wants you to dislike them. It is not all "just the facts". There is a lot of smoke and mirrors played out in a courtoom, by what color the defendant wears, how high their collar is, to how low their chair sits. Witnesses are asked in trials all the time "what their feelings are/were". Not everything is black and white, cut and dry. Whole lotta grey area.

Reasonable doubt does not mean NO doubt, it means exactly that, reasonable.

snipped for brevity

Respectfully, you know this how?Or are you assuming?

I don't know what they may or may not have. If memory serves, LE hasn't provided a list to the general public entailing specific details/evidence/forensics related to this investigation.

No, they haven't but I wish they would.

I always thought dental records were used when there was a jawbone found with teeth attached, and they could compare the shapes and dental work to xrays previously taken. If one tooth was found, unless it has a core to get DNA from, not sure how dental records could help. But we don't really know what they actually have.

If they only have one view X-ray and not enough jawbone or teeth won't they have to resort to DNA? Frankly it never is officially said what they have. Only a reporter mentions specific bones but doesn't clarify if that's what the arrowhead hunter found or the le. Le never made a statement

Interesting post here but I don't think we can discuss it. From what I can tell, the bones are about 15 miles from Hailey's home (as the crow flies).

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5982050&postcount=40"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - HAILEY DUNN 12/27/10 Colorado City, TX[/ame]

From Tugela's post. We arent a judge and jury. No one is obligated to express their opinions based on anything other than opinions, as long as they follow TOS. I am always curious when I see this issue raised-WS would be a ghost town if speculation and discussion was only allowed based upon "facts." Facts, when reported by media and even LE, can be fluid things imo.

TOS and mod/admin/owner discretion are the yardstick used here. And I respectfully disagree with your statement that the evidence is insufficient. I think there is an awful lot here that tells a very specific story. SA and BD are suspects in Hailey's disappearance. There is no secret about that.

Good for LE deciding to proceed with caution regarding arrest and prosecution. I would think there is every chance the crime against Hailey will be a DP eligible crime. At this point, LE may want to be sure that there is no chance at escaping that punishment. JMVHO.

I do not know what to think about Billie's possible involvement now that she is hinting that SA might be guilty. I can't see him taking that, if it came to his being arrested and she WAS involved. I doubt very much he would simply take the blame and not mention her.

But then again, Billie does not seem to think ahead very well and she may regret saying she now believes he could be involved as that could make him turn on her.

I do not know what to think about Billie's possible involvement now that she is hinting that SA might be guilty. I can't see him taking that, if it came to his being arrested and she WAS involved. I doubt very much he would simply take the blame and not mention her.

But then again, Billie does not seem to think ahead very well and she may regret saying she now believes he could be involved as that could make him turn on her.

Billie's atty must have heart failure whenever she gets in front of a camera or microphone. Billie isnt someone who strikes me as being forward thinking. ;) I think she believed that Hailey's case would die away and that no one would still care where this little girl is.

Let's say for a moment that these remains are Hailey's..

In cases like this one, where there are two people involved, LE has a heck of a time filing charges. They have to know exactly who did what in the case-- who killed, who witnessed, who helped, who disposed of body, who helped, who witnessed, who covered it up, who moved body, who knew about it, who witnessed it. It's maddening. But, LE has to accuse each of them with very specific elements of the crime.

In my own opinion, they planned it together. Maybe not exactly, but talked about it together. Motive? Who the heck knows. Again, this is all MOO- but I think BD wanted it done, SA saw an opportunity to act out some his morbid desires and actually murdered her. Again, this is just my own personal opinion. Then, they I believe they jointly disposed of the body. I also believe that SA went back and relocated the body as a form of insurance that BD ever decided to turn on him and tell LE that the body wouldn't be where she thought it was.

Moo.

Doesn't Billie admit that she went to buy drugs in Scurry County the day Hailey went missing? She made two ATM withdrawals ($60 and $80 at about 6:20 p.m. That places her in Scurry, by her own admission after that time. SA picked her up from work so he is likely also there since he picked her up in Snyder, where she worked. She gets home at 7:30 pm that night.

Working on a link.

To say the least... sheez.

However, it what they are saying is true about what was found, then I don't think dental records are going to help. :(

Yes, the dental records won't help with an official id. However, depending on how many teeth were still with the skull, assuming more than one was found and the one found was post mortem loss, forensically they should be able to get an age estimate of the victim based on the teeth.

A forensic odontologist should be able to estimate an age range. I'm wondering if there will be any news on that before DNA info comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2