trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to keep harping but I am so steaming mad right now. It makes me want to quit following this trial. I can't stand how things are being run.

Me too. I have NEVER seen a trial with so many objections, interruptions, sidebars, etc. Not to mention, LONG WINDED "experts" that talk about everything under the sun except for the crux of the matter. Like the MURDER.

I would like to know for certain if she is routinely getting a lunch every day or if they have to make a request when she is not feeling great. I hope this does not become a problem on appeal if she is not getting any food for 14 hours straight during her trial, not to mention the lack of sleep.

Interesting article on how Sherrif Joe's policies affect inmates during trial here.

This article was posted before - it angered me then; it angers me now.

I agree with Gronski's statement:

Under the laws and the constitution, you can’t go ahead and punish a person while they’re in custody and our argument is that this is basically what Sheriff Joe is doing...
I realize I'm probably in the minority, but this Sheriff is absurd.

I believe Jodi deserves the death penalty and I cannot stand the sight of her, but she hasn't been found guilty yet and should be allowed food and sleep while standing trial.​

Yayyyy Doesn't that sound fantastic Linda???

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer I swear or any sympathy but I didn't get the job I interviewed for the other day...

But I'm looking into job at Duke & few other places.. No Worries just wasn't the right place I was suppose to be!

But I just HAD to comment as I was speed reading posts I know how happy you are & Congrats again Lady!!!

North Carolina is a beautiful state! I hope you get the job! :seeya:

I lived in NC for 5 years and fell in love with the whole state!!!!

Oh my.....is the sheriff supposed to give the darling a menu and pack her lunch, himself? This is not about Sheriff Joe. It shouldn't be. But, I suppose Jodi is claiming to be a victim of his and JM and Travis, and whomever else doesn't cater to her. :facepalm:

Food, blankets whatever. Deep down I am thinking this is a Jodi tactic as "the Juan is on".

And I like Sherrif Joe, jail/prison should not be a country club vacation. You are there for an infraction on society, whether it be big or minor.

Just my little opinion.

This reminds me of JA!

One way or another I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
One way or another I'm gonna win ya
One way or another I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha
One day, maybe next week
I'm gonna meetcha, I'm gonna meetcha, I'll meetcha
I will drive past your house
And if the lights are all down
I'll see who's around

One way or another I'm gonna find ya
One way or another I'm gonna win ya
I'll getcha, I'll getcha
One way or another I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha
One day, maybe next week
I'm gonna meetcha
, I'll meetcha

And if the lights are all out
I'll follow your bus downtown
See who's hanging out

One way or another I'm gonna lose ya
I'm gonna give you the slip, a slip of the lip or another
I'm gonna lose ya, I'm gonna trick ya
I'm gonna trick ya trick ya trick ya trick ya
I'm gonna give you the slip

I'll walk down the mall
Stand over by the wall
Where I can see it all
Find out who ya call

Lead you to the supermarket checkout
Some specials and rat food, get lost in the crowd

One way or another Lyrics- Blondie - YouTube

Ok.. gotta comment on this one...

When I was maybe 7ish Best of Blondie came out on 8 TRACK (ugh) my Dad thought she was the greatest things since well at least Linda Carter WW..

We took a family trip to Daytona Beach in our Van with carpet on the ceiling, 4 captains chairs & the couch that folded down to a bed in back.. We had a CB Radio & a Fuzz Buster that was a wooden box with what looked like a big red Christmas light on top..

I remember listening to BofB playing my Simon game all the way down I-75!! Bet we listened to BofB 100x's!!!

I've always thought it squewed my view of relationships as an adult LMAO!! :floorlaugh:

Allowing the defense to question ALV on hypotheticals is not the same as stipulating to it as a fact.

There is bias surrounding this case, but it's not from the judge, it's from some of the spectators.

I see bias in a number of spectators -- a bias for the truth, and for justice.

Moreover, my comment had/has nothing to do with ALV whatsoever.

Judge Stephens has already allowed, before ALV was even sworn in, a single witness, one Jodi Arias, over the objections of the State, to fabricate anything and everything she chooses -- with the sole exception of the letters she forged -- for the sole purpose of defaming her deceased victim in Maricopa County Superior Court, carrying out the precise threat she made less than two years ago.

Reference: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

The judge is quite aware that the only other witness to nearly all of the victim's behavior contextually alleged by the defendant is the deceased himself, who is now unable to testify due to the admitted lethal actions perpetrated against his person by none other than the defendant herself.

Ergo, JA's claims to date are unable to be corroborated or substantiated, and are patently absurd -- especially considering the multiply-motivated, self-admitted lying source herself.

JA's prevarications, wholly without foundation in fact, have been deemed sufficient by rule of Judge Stephens, to pass for admissible evidence in Maricopa County Superior Court.

I say again: Shame on Judge Stephens.

A rightly decided verdict in this case now depends upon jurors with a greater dedication to the truth and to justice than Judge Stephens has displayed from the bench to date.

Watching HLN Review of Autopsy. I wasn't aware that the vena cava that was transected was the superior one, drains the upper body and head to the heart. The inferior vena cava returns blood to the right side of the heart from parts of the body lower, liver, abdomen, legs. Travis' cardiac output would have rapidly dropped to a fatal level pretty fast. Depending on how soon she cut his throat he may not have had much more to bleed out from. Vena cava, superior and inferior are the largest veins and empty directly into the right heart. She is an animal!

I agree. Putting aside what I personally feel about the murderess - she has not been convicted yet. She should not have to ask sherrif Joe if she can have a power bar if she's already been up since 3:00 AM. Think about it - she's already been up 7.5 hours before court even starts at 10:30 AM! Personally, I have no idea what she eats during those 7.5 hours before court starts.

Then 1.5 hours later (total of 9 hours) she gets Lord knows what for lunch. It was my understanding she wasn't getting anything for a long while until the DT complained.

From 1:30 - 4:30, she essentially gets nothing but water. Add the trip back to the jail (not sure how long that takes), processing, and back to her cell, she may not eat until 6:30 - 7:00. That's if food is still available to her.

That kind of schedule is not healthy for anyone. Day in, day out, it could have consequences on the mind and body. IMHO - it's ridiculous. It may seem natural to those who are in their cells all day, and can load up on jailhouse snacks -- but a trial is completely different.

NO - I don't like Jodi. I think she's a twisted and evil monster. However, I also don't want this trial to go down the tubes because the defendant is ill, ends up in the hospital, or Lord knows what.

So throw her a bucket of trail mix in her holding cell (dried fruit and protein from the peanuts go a long way), along with more water.

If Sherrif Joe wants to keep this up, it could be the downfall of this trial in the end.

Just my opinion -please don't throw tomatoes at me.

MOO

Mel

BBM: What?? You don't want a Drive by Fruiting???
JMSO sorry I just had too! ;)

All I see is her asking her attny what something is. Why all the talk about it? Where did you see her stamping her feet? Looks to me like she says, "What is this... he said, "huh" and she asked again... LOL I don't see a temper tantrum here...

I do not see a temper tantrum but I do see someone who is not very happy. The way she eyed him the first time she asked what is this. Followed by repeating the questions showing a bit more annoyance in her face.

I don't normally post my speculations about the trial--some of them are outlandish--but here is my crazy theory for today. JA got a migraine because of the new witness list. I am with other posters thinking that Matt McCartney may have decided to finally do the right thing and testify for the state. If this crazy thing would happen, she would be sunk.

I know that he is on the defense witness list--but I am guessing they won't call him since he has been less than cooperative and they can't count on what is testimony would be. In the real world if a person is on a defense witness list can they switch sides?

Of course. And being on one side's witness list doesn't mean you're on that party's "side" anyway. It just means that party might want to call you to the stand. Plenty of times I start out a trial by calling the opposing party to the stand.

Can you add how long deliberations were on those?? tia I know OJ's was 4 hrs

Yep...give me a second or 1000 :)....I was thinking while researching I should have done that....:facepalm:

I'm so sorry. I too have had some recent bad news regarding my son.
His MRI shows abnormal vascular issues, causing him to faint.

I know how helpless and numb you must feel :(

We'll know more after the neurologist visit April 2nd.

Prayers for your son and family

Prayers for you too!

Under the laws and the constitution, you can’t go ahead and punish a person while they’re in custody and our argument is that this is basically what Sheriff Joe is doing...

I believe Jodi deserves the death penalty and I cannot stand the sight of her, but she hasn't been found guilty yet and should be allowed food and sleep while standing trial.​

Rest easy....the princess is getting special treatment. HLN just did a report with JC. Jodi is getting more than 2600 calories a day. The jail is dividing her breakfast for her (too stressful for her to do herself, I guess) So....not to worry. Mean Sheriff Joe is looking after the needs of Jodi. Oh! And JC managed to get a dig in against JM. A twofer!!

Yes, ma'am. I agree. Much as we hate her, she is basically "in limbo", and as such hasn't been convicted of a doggone thing.

I am not a Sheriff Joe fan, and per interviews with him on TV, think he hasn't got a real clue what goes on in his jails. He told NG they only get CSpan, but he would consider allowing her (NG's) show. She got all kittenish and flattered.

Come to find out, the jail gets quite a few cable channels. Even ESPN. :rolleyes:

I digress, though. People awaiting trial should not be treated the same as the convicted.

Perhaps passing legislation to that effect will eliminate a FIVE YEAR WAITING PERIOD before a case goes to trial.

That is total BS and it is an abuse of the system and the taxpayers! :(

Re: Jodi asking Nurmi, "What is this?"

Given that the Prosecutor filed a supplemental witness list yesterday, perhaps this is what Jodi saw on the defense table and wanted to know what it was - or who/what the parties will offer in rebuttal. Below is data entered on the Jodi Arias Case History on 3/26/2013.

3/26/2013

LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001)

3/26/2013

NOTE: STATE'S FIFTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES

I understand your compassion; however, perhaps she should have murdered somebody elsewhere...perhaps where she could get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep and 3 meals per day served at her convenience.

I don't mean to be snippy, but this entire situation is frustrating.

I don't normally post my speculations about the trial--some of them are outlandish--but here is my crazy theory for today. JA got a migraine because of the new witness list. I am with other posters thinking that Matt McCartney may have decided to finally do the right thing and testify for the state. If this crazy thing would happen, she would be sunk.

I know that he is on the defense witness list--but I am guessing they won't call him since he has been less than cooperative and they can't count on what is testimony would be. In the real world if a person is on a defense witness list can they switch sides?

BBM:

Hmmm? This why JW was trying to "Medicate JA" by saying she needs to take her medicine or ...

Somebody get this Beezy a tranquilizer before she goes beserk in chambers pleases???

jmso ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members