trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any bets as to whether La V will show up today or not? I do not trust this person.

I don't know why DT just replayed Jodi's testiphony....this woman or ma'm as JM will call her....is just saying what Jodi said on the stand...I don't understand why she is not testifying to her observation of Jodi, unless that is how she is keeping JM from using her notes against her...

I know, I know, I watch too much TV, but are there any criminologists out there?

If it were just the stabbing of TA, I could see possibly trying to say Travis was killed in a moment of rage.

But the slitting of his throat was savage and sadistic. Combined with the gunshot, it blows the rage theory for me because these actions are distinctly different, counter to my idea of blinding rage. Using a knife was so personal.

I do believe that she left CA fully intending to slaughter him in the most gruesome way possible.

And the way she left his body?

I'm with you on that. If you just want to kill someone, the easiest way is to shoot them from a few feet away, or, if you got time, poison them. The stabbing is up close and personal, and the throat cutting, to the point of nearly decapitating him, is sadistic. Jodi wanted to feel herself killing Travis, and probably relives it daily.

"Jodi had a lot of, a lot of, plans for her future. How could she mess it up, and do somethin' that you said she did?"

Even with Sandy Arias, it was all about St. Jodi of Arias.

Never a single thought about the man who was stabbed, sliced, slashed and shot, and then left by her daughter to rot in a shower stall.

I was really annoyed yesterday when an HLN played excerpts from the parents' interviews where they clearly were prepared to accept Det. Flores's statement that he had overwhelming evidence that Jodi had killed Travis. One of the commentators said that parents like that explain how Jodi got the way she is. Really? Travis would be alive if Jodi's parents had been in denial about their daughter's sociopathy?

The parents were right to accept what Det. Flores said. It was the truth! I am sure they were thinking about all the lies, the rules breaking, the time she got mad at her little brother and took a baseball bat to him, her lack of empathy for others. She isn't normal and they knew that.

Not sure I get which fence you're on, but trying to. Are you saying the parents shouldn't have intervened or would have made no impact had they did?

As the daughter of a mother who stepped in, took the reigns and risked severing her relationship with me in order to stage my intervention as an adult addicted to drinking - I can promise you that had she not intervened I very like would have killed someone, myself, my child or someone else. My beautiful (and sometimes impossible) mother changed the entire course of history through her courageous actions despite the contempt I showed her at the time. I owe my life to her and a great many other people do too, as I was surely destructive and a loose cannon. I think there is NEVER a time when a parent stops making an impact on their child-even and adult child if they persevere.

The only words I want to hear out of JW's mouth today is "NO FURTHER QUESTIONS!". :please: Then she can sit down and STFU!!!!! I KNOW I am not alone!

I think every time someone goes to one of those 1,000 places to see. They should send Jodi a postcard. "Glad you're not here."

The only words I want to hear out of JW's mouth today is "NO FURTHER QUESTIONS!". :please: Then she can sit down and STFU!!!!! I KNOW I am not alone!
I'm hoping for a question or two concerning JAs propensity for LYING, then no further questions. That would totally LIMIT redirect. :)

I'm finally watching the most recent testimony by ALV (going forward I'll only be watching JM because I can not stomach this carp anymore.)

It is getting beyond old. I'm doing real life stuff with HLN in the background until it's JMs turn.

But I have a question. I'm curious what you all think would happen if JM goes up and asks ALV if JA had never told her that Travis was abusive then what is it about all those (endlesss) journal entries, text messages and other evidence that would have convinced her Travis was abusive? In other words, if a known liar (JA) hadn't said Travis was abusive, what hard evidence is there that he was. Curious what ridiculous answer she would come up with...

:seeya:

Great question! :goldstar:

February 2008 he said he wanted to buy a gun -- but according to Jodi's testimony he already had a gun as of 2007. Oops

Thanks for pointing that out. Great catch.

Oh, folks - I have to admit - I am just so darn tired of everything with this trial....

:sigh:

I'm over it too. I really feel for Travis' family and the jurors. The long, droning, repetitive defense must be torturous and maddening. I can walk away/zone out/get on with my life. They can't.

The world around me begins to blur, colors fade and I can hear faint harp music...I am beginning to enter "Alyce's World"

:floorlaugh:

I can't even imagine having someone like JA as a daughter. The creepiness factor alone gives me the chills.

I remember when my sister was a teenager and crazy on alcohol and drugs constantly. I was afraid of her. Her temper was horrible and unpredictable. I moved in with my now-husband right after high school because I was scared to live with her (she was 14 at the time).

So to have to live with a JA, their emotions, rages, unpredictability.... how do people do it??

Hope I don't offend anyone here, but I think that part of the reason Travis put up with JA for so long in any capacity was due to his experience with his parents and their drug addictions. He was used to that kind of unpredictable behavior; it was familiar and almost ingrained in him from childhood experience. I see the pattern in the relationship accommodating the volatile behavior of JA, not an abusive relationship with TA as an abuser.

I don't believe she did that Schuby. That would be overstepping her bounds.

Other dismissed jurors have come out to talk to the media in other cases and I have never seen one case where it was grounds for a mistrial or even an issue on appeal.

Remember the intact jury is admonished that they cannot watch anything in the media or read/talk about it anywhere with anyone.

I'm sure she did inform her she was free to speak with the media now but it was her choice if she did or not and the dismissed juror decided on her own that she will only do so once a verdict is rendered.

IMO

I would think she may also be afraid to speak. Perhaps she feels her words have already been twisted, and just wants to remain quiet. :twocents:

"Jodi had a lot of, a lot of, plans for her future. How could she mess it up, and do somethin' that you said she did?"

Even with Sandy Arias, it was all about St. Jodi of Arias.

Never a single thought about the man who was stabbed, sliced, slashed and shot, and then left by her daughter to rot in a shower stall.

You are so right!! JA's mom even said it would be worse for JA's family if JA committed suicide than what Travis' family was going through. I didn't see the mom or dad mention anything about how awful it was for Travis or his family. It was all about JA and her family. Of course, we haven't seen all of the tapes, but from what we've seen, it's still all about JA.

My thoughts exactly! I'm anticipating a very looooooong weekend ahead of us....

I think she would like nothing better than to bring this trial to a screeching halt along with the defense and their evil murdering client.

So let's take some bets on what the colour theme of choice is today for the DT?

Any bets as to whether La V will show up today or not? I do not trust this person.

:seeya:

:twocents: JMO, but Alice is going to do whatever the Jodi and the DT tell her to do for today ...

I do NOT trust the Defense Team and do NOT trust Jodi ...

Jodi is running the show in that courtroom, along with her DT ... the "judge" has NO control and she continues to let them get by with all their "unethical shenanigans" !

It's a disgrace and a mockery of the judicial system ...

:moo:

You are so right!! JA's mom even said it would be worse for JA's family if JA committed suicide than what Travis' family was going through. I didn't see the mom or dad mention anything about how awful it was for Travis or his family. It was all about JA and her family. Of course, we haven't seen all of the tapes, but from what we've seen, it's still all about JA.

I don't think it's fair to judge a parent for being preoccupied with their own child.

I think ALV may have suffered from an attack of IBS brought on by that little slip regarding testimony. I think she may have to put on some Depends before JM begins his cross-examination which is sure to bring on more IBS attacks.

If JM goes at her the way most of us believe he will, she might be better off just getting her lower intestine removed.

IMO, she has bigger things to worry about than one little slip. Her credibility as a DV "professional" is on the line and she MUST sense that. I mean, her entire CAREER is about to be put under a microscope.

Maybe it all sounded a lot plausible in her head as she prepared. Then, when she started talking, she thought, "Heavens! I sound NUTS!" Or maybe she really IS sick. The problem for the DT is that they've cried wolf so many times, nobody believes them OR their client.

Truly, though, ALV is a bright enough person not to have fallen hook, line and sinker for this. She doesn't believe it. Nobody in her right mind would believe it with the evidence presented. She's privy to info on the slashed tires, anonymous email, etc. She saw those police interviews with the parents. She KNOWS.

ALV is egotistical, though. I've seen sparks of it during her testimony. Little jabs thrown after the bell, er, objection. She probably thought she was SMART enough she could convince OTHERS to buy it. She also thought JA would do a better job of "selling it" on the stand before she even got up there. She was never supposed to be the "star witness." THAT was supposed to be JA.

Every time ALV looks at the jury, she realizes she is digging herself in deeper and deeper. These people are over it. And JW is so excruciatingly slow in her questioning, she is stuck up there for days on end just dreading Juan Martinez and knowing he is going to nail her down on every point.

Still, the fact is she seems more concerned with self-preservation than with the damage she is doing to TA's family and to the real victims of DV. Not unlike a certain person who stayed on the stand for 18 days. :moo:
Good morning peeps!!
I'm catching up on last nights posts, and just had to bump this one. It's exactly how I feel about ALV without all the nasty words I would have used.
Thanks scorpio24 for such a good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members