a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
i totally think ja had jw's phone in her lap yesterday and that's what she was so into.....take a look at the video.....she was not flipping pages! also check out D while ja has that phone.....could they be texting? she has her arm over her face and is looking down????

court watchers....could this be?

There is no way I would be able to see D or ja if they had a phone in their lap.
I do know the gallery is ordered to power off all electronics. No silent or vibrate, but off. So, if D was on a phone then she will be in trouble if caught.

I would think JW would not be happy with ja snooping on her phone. But I don't put it past ja to do something like that.

PASA, Thank you so much for the pictures. Did Juror#5 exit out the front doors. I was watching a feed of the courtroom after court was adjourned and it looked like one of the court personnel was talking to her and possibly discussing other ways for her to exit. I only say that because they were using arm and body language that looked like the kind you do when you are giving someone directions.

I have watched KCL's interview twice. It is so good. I have sent 2 checks to the family now. (every payday) and they are not big but I think every little bit has to help and if everyone sent what they could afford it might ease their burden. I think KCL said if everyone sent 10 dollars it would soon add up! (financial burden, nothing will ease the burden of losing their brother and having to listen to the defense). Hugs to you and KCL for all you do.

Cannot wait for Monday. JM is doing a great job. I remember how negative the TH's were during the Scott Peterson trial about the prosecution and then had to eat their words when they pulled it all together and the puzzle pieces came together.

First of all, thank you so much for your generosity! And yes it does add up...power in numbers! (and that goes for good thoughts and prayers too--I would never want to pressure anyone to giving financial donations--all energy in all forms is valuable!).

I just renegotiated my next week's schedule to be able to go THREE full days next week--Mon. Wed and Thurs and half day Tues. Ahhh the benefits of self employment. :D

Juror 5 ended up going out a secret side exit (I heard from that cute reporter Steve last night) and ended up in some random parking lot a couple blocks away (did you catch that PASA?)

Beth is now replying...I;m hoping she reports on this.

I hope she does too. It needs to be brought out into the light. Let the public know what ALV is capable of.
No more homey granny... she is trying her dime-store psychology on JM. He's dealt with her kind before. MOO :)

<modsnip>

Originally Posted by Nezumi
Over the years, one of the biggest fights in the domestic violence arena has centered around the credibility of its victims who are very often - but are by no means exclusively - women. Over the years thoughtful, credible and experienced experts have fought hard to bring legitimacy to the voices of the victims of domestic abuse. In just a few days, Alyce LaViolette - in her spirited, phoney and money-grubbing defense of a liar and a murderer - destroyed so much of the progress made on behalf of vulnerable women (and men) everywhere. There is nothing, NOTHING she can ever do or say that will redeem her shameful performance on behalf of Jodi Arias and her own financial bottom line. My sincere hope is that she is never again given the opportunity to exploit vulnerable women and men for her own financial gain.

I agree that Alyce LaViolette has done a lot of damage to advocacy of victims of domestic violence, but keep in mind the damage done is caused by one thing: An ideological adherence to a very narrow bias where men are the perpetrators of domestic violence and women are the victims, by definition.

In fact, since the subject of her Snow White presentation was on some sort of gender-based power imbalance where, by their very nature men are abusers and women are abused, she's not doing much service to either gender. She's all about bigotry against men, but also in equal measure, making sure women know they are not only without power, but without power almost by their very nature. (Edit: For the dense, I completely reject that and consider women to be fully functional adult human beings).

Look, a lot of the "recovery movement" makes a lot about powerlessness, making sure that people who have any sort of problem are without power. They need a cure. Like a bad infomercial product, by drilling into people that they are powerless, they create the very problem and then provide the cure. I would be totally not surprised to learn that the decade long gap between her Bachelors Degree and Masters was caused by some sort of dependency. No one spouts that much Alcoholics Anonymous and Recovery Movement drivel without being recruited through having their own issues.

So, perhaps the money is a factor, but don't sell LaViolette short: The woman is a hard-core ideologue with a slew of her own issues, palpable contempt for men, patronizing towards women and no doubt a Danse Macabre of skeletons in her own closet.

250px-1906_earthquake_train.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/1906_earthquake_train.jpg/250px-1906_earthquake_train.jpg

Focus, peeps. Keep this thread clear for the courtroom observers and their observations, and if you have a question about modding decisions, use the alert button or our handy dandy PM system.

Carry on. :seeya:

I hope she does too. It needs to be brought out into the light. Let the public know what ALV is capable of.
No more homey granny... she is trying her dime-store psychology on JM. He's dealt with her kind before. MOO :)

I just tweeted Nancy Grace on it. She should be all over this (why didn't I think of that at first?).

<modsnip>

I agree that Alyce LaViolette has done a lot of damage to advocacy of victims of domestic violence, but keep in mind the damage done is caused by one thing: An ideological adherence to a very narrow bias where men are the perpetrators of domestic violence and women are the victims, by definition.

In fact, since the subject of her Snow White presentation was on some sort of gender-based power imbalance where, by their very nature men are abusers and women are abused, she's not doing much service to either gender. She's all about bigotry against men, but also in equal measure, making sure women know they are not only without power, but without power almost by their very nature. (Edit: For the dense, I completely reject that and consider women to be fully functional adult human beings).

Look, a lot of the "recovery movement" makes a lot about powerlessness, making sure that people who have any sort of problem are without power. They need a cure. Like a bad infomercial product, by drilling into people that they are powerless, they create the very problem and then provide the cure. I would be totally not surprised to learn that the decade long gap between her Bachelors Degree and Masters was caused by some sort of dependency. No one spouts that much Alcoholics Anonymous and Recovery Movement drivel without being recruited through having their own issues.

So, perhaps the money is a factor, but don't sell LaViolette short: The woman is a hard-core ideologue with a slew of her own issues, palpable contempt for men, patronizing towards women and no doubt a Danse Macabre of skeletons in her own closet.

I think I'm gonna start doing what I always feel like doing after reading your posts which is to literally stand up and give you a standing ovation. maybe that way I'd start dropping some of the poundage I've put on while dealing with this trial.

I really appreciate your points of view. :rocker:

Well, there's no court on Fridays so I assume people coming here solely for courtroom observations would know that by now. I don't see what's so bad about a little OT discussion about what our observers have observed over the 3-day weekends.

Well, there's no court on Fridays so I assume people coming here solely for courtroom observations would know that by now. I don't see what's so bad about a little OT discussion about what our observers have observed over the 3-day weekends.

I really don't know where I belong anymore. and now I've added twitter to the mix. lol

OT chatter is fine and healthy and most necessary in a case like this! Just please remember that it's WS policy not to discuss "vacations" on the boards (same as with Ignore feature, etc.). If you have questions just shoot one of us a PM.

Everything she does is monitored. I don't see how that would be allowed after her little incident with the magazines. jmo

I don't think she is watched in court as closely as she should be. It sure looked like she was texting yesterday. She had something in her lap and it wasn't anything like a notebook. JW leaves her phone on the desk often when they have a sidebar....too often.

Juror number 5 is doing an interview on Az Channel 5. The past few days were tough, she was glad to be on the jury, she did not go there for attention. She wanted to show people that she did not do anything wrong and will tell after the trial. More later

Thanks for sharing this. I said she went to show she did nothing wrong. WHOOT!!

What disgusts me is Nurmi's game of charades bringing that motion to the court when he KNEW no jurors saw JM posing for photos ONE time that day IN FRONT of the cameras and embellishing to to be something it was not.

Then this admonishment of this witness who approached a family member coming off the stand (after halting the entire proceedings asking for a "break"--what was the rush Alyce? To get to the family?) happens in chambers.

Not cool. Not cool at all. And I'm getting this out there, believe me.

oh his antics aren't over, he is calling Gracie Wong somebody to testify more on JM signing autographs still pushing for mistrial

I too cannot watch the defense testify- it is way to painful. Can' wait to watch Juan cross this so called expert. i do have to say i am stunned at her snarky attitude; she reminds me of jodi on the stand. combative and rude. can't imagine the jury is impressed with her defiance when responding to "Mr. Martinez".

Just as JM would needle JA by calling her "Ma'am" (inferring that she is no longer youthful and girlish), he should refer to ALV as "Miss". It has nothing to do with marital status, just that she is obviously past the "miss" stage, so it would be akin to referring to her as being girlish, which she would probably HATE, being the strong, mature woman that she is. Of course, she would probably correct him, telling him to refer to her as Ms. LaViolette. If she did, I wonder if he would point out that it is a perfectly valid prefix to her name.

Speaking of Beth, I just followed up with an email about the ALV boundary violation yesterday. Also Steve Kucj who did the ABC story. I want this ironic behavior exposed. This kind of abuse to victims goes unchecked ALL the time. Maybe since Sam is a police officer they think she's "tougher". She still is entitled to FULL RIGHTS of a Victim.

K-Cool,

Speaking of Beth, I thought of this last night while I was trying to fall asleep...

You gotta (somehow) make sure Juror #5's first official interview after the verdict is with Beth! How awesome would that be?! ...Beth is the most trustworthy and unbiased reporter, #5 would be safe and comfortable in her hands!

Can you imagine how many job offers Beth would get get after scoring the hottest interview of the year!

We gotta get #5 to go to Happy Hour!

I just tweeted Nancy Grace on it. She should be all over this (why didn't I think of that at first?).

Katie
I'm glad your making sure this infraction is brought to light.
Also :
I'm getting a check in the mail for the family. I just picked up a card to send with it. Will mail over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage