trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was only living a double life after he met the sexually aggressive, stalking, obsessed. lying, murdering Jodi Arias. Travis dated Mormon girls from his Ward. Their testimony was that this "dating" was not sexual--the most they did was "grind"--a far cry from the sex that Jodi introduced. SHE introduced "tossing the salad"--oral stimulation on her anus, anal sex, KY lube, *advertiser censored*. Jodi used her vagina as a means to live a parasitical existence.

Also: There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE to suggest Travis was an abuser. NONE. Jodi effed her finger up KILLING TRAVIS. She's a pathological liar. And the jury agrees with me.

Travis was a real human being. Jodi is a sick sociopath with no empathy.

AND the ONLY thing Travis ever lied about was JODI. He was ashamed he couldn't give her up for good. Jodi milked every minute of Travis' weakness.

Maybe to better state my point: If you force the Defense to put on a case, and you know the case they will put on [which the Prosecution most certainly did], then there is really no complaint to be made--because the Defense hand has been forced.

IMO

Actually, I agree to a certain point. However, the defense has based their case on Self Defense from physical abuse. There is no, nada, zero evidence from anyone other than the defendant that she was abused.

The sex, the character assasination over things like the sex, just over the top and not needed. If the defense wanted to prove their client did this act in self defense, imho, they needed to have those facts to bring forth. They haven't. They have polluted the water with everything BUT self defense.

And personally, a theat to drag the victim thru the mud to obtain that 2nd degree, was nowhere near the right thing to do. Basically to get out of having a jury/judge hear the case and get a verdict because the dt knew they had a really hard case to prove. Its a tactic to keep their client off of death row or LWOP. Period.

K

That's fine. You just can't complain, though, about the horror show we're witnessing and Travis' memory being dragged through the mud.

IMO

That would be our and public opinion only. The State does not submit to blackmail under any conditions.

Here's a gem from Arias' art selling website:

About Me

“Since I was a child, I’ve been drawn to art. I have been privileged to study under the guidance of two very gifted teachers. One, I remember only as Mr. B, the art teacher at Orcutt Junior High School, who I’m sure has long since retired. He granted me creative freedom to veer from the linear syllabus and follow my own inclinations. Richard Rengal, my high school art teacher and a true master of fine art, instilled me with the confidence in my ability that I would carry into the future and do still today. It is in large part due to his ceaseless belief in my skill that I have continued my artistic pursuits years after I last walked out of his classroom.”

When you have art class in junior & senior high school, it's called "studying under the guidance of ... very gifted teachers...[one] a true master of fine art...[who] has ceaseless belief in [her] skill?" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

verbose, grandiose and hysterically funny....her artwork is horrible and reminds me of the artless, soul less renderings of hitler...
:waiting:

Yeah, FRED Einstein.

Anyone else want to hear JM say "brassiere" again? :please:

I want to hear JM say 'again' again. I dig the way he accentuates the letter 'a' at the beginning of the word. on 'actually' as well.

That's fine. You just can't complain, though, about the horror show we're witnessing and Travis' memory being dragged through the mud.

IMO

It will be a sad day indeed, when a killer's threats have power to shut up the mouths that accuse them. :moo:

Hmmm...that's assuming there's a complaint? Not sure what that is/means? Do you think JM is fearful of losing?

Not in the least. He knows hes gonna win. I bet he throws out objections during his dreams while he sleeps at night.

Here's a gem from Arias' art selling website:

About Me

“Since I was a child, I’ve been drawn to art. I have been privileged to study under the guidance of two very gifted teachers. One, I remember only as Mr. B, the art teacher at Orcutt Junior High School, who I’m sure has long since retired. He granted me creative freedom to veer from the linear syllabus and follow my own inclinations. Richard Rengal, my high school art teacher and a true master of fine art, instilled me with the confidence in my ability that I would carry into the future and do still today. It is in large part due to his ceaseless belief in my skill that I have continued my artistic pursuits years after I last walked out of his classroom.”

When you have art class in junior & senior high school, it's called "studying under the guidance of ... very gifted teachers...[one] a true master of fine art...[who] has ceaseless belief in [her] skill?" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

She's been "drawn to art." Einstein? Nay! She is a modern day Bronte/Austen/Alcott/Barrett Browning.

Didn't she say during her testimony (and by the way, isn't it miraculous that during those 18 interminable days, not once did she have a migraine or look frail and weak or super skinny ... in fact, she absolutely glowed while testifying. Remember the day she took the stand as Juanderful began his questioning and she was removing her jacket and carefully folding it over the back of the chair while she considered the question and she shrugged as if she were at Starbucks talking about her day with friends) that just before the infamous uninvited oral sex whilst she slept (twisted Snow White reference if ever there was one) she'd had a Brazilian?

So it seemed she's the one who introduced the whole hairless lady parts to Travis and each time she probably asked the waxer to make that runway narrower and narrower until there was no hair at all.

I know, I know. I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time obsessing about this trial. lol

You're good, that's why we're all here:grouphug:

Q: If Jodi kicked and hit her mother in the past, couldn't she be seen as a perpetrator?
A: She could be seen as someone who kicked and hit her mother in the past.

Answer Translated: By objective folks perhaps, but not by me.

Some questioning jurors are not buying the St. Jodi of Arias defense.

They still do not see this defendant as the righteous, innocent party in the relationship that the Defense is making her out to be.

Honestly, they would be better served to stop trying to cover up for and suppress any acknowledgement of her flaws.

This scorched earth, win at the cost of transforming the victim into the perp approach is backfiring, and the jury is telegraphing that in spades.

The jury's wind is blowing against it. Watch for a tack today, should they actually finish with jurors' questions before Monday.

Is there court today?? I know they added dates.. I don't remember what they were?

Yes indeed, I'm not sure if the start time is 9 or 930 though, have seen both batted around here and elsewhere.

Stop time is 12 or 1230, for a total run time of 3 hours before

# of side bars
# of in chambers
# of "Judge, may we approach"
associated commuting time with above while notes are gathered and physical sauntering, and don't forget
# of bio breaks.

I think the Defense has no choice because these things have to come out for their case to be argued and understood.

However, the more I see of this trial, the more I think the Prosecution should have cut a murder two deal with the Defense and just put a longer time period on it--maybe 25 years to life.

Maybe everybody's wishing they did that now.

Nice to meet you, too!

IMO

The murder was premeditated. There is sufficient evidence to prove it, and the prosecution will bring that home on rebuttal. There was never any reason to offer second degree. The jury can come back with second degree, but as soon as they hear from Walmart and Tessoro that Jodi lied to them about the gas cans, the premeditation will be impossible to ignore. Nothing that ALV has said on the stand, even if we assume that it is all true <cough>, can eliminate the premeditation evidence.

IMO

The only reason, I'm convinced, they're even trying to build a second life that doesn't exist is because it's a pattern consistent with abusers. Most 'outsiders' won't recognize an abuser as an abuser. They will often come across as charming and quite likable to friends, acquaintances, and co-workers. (IME, they really can't maintain the deep derision they feel for the opposite gender in lengthy sessions though.)

You know what else is consistent with an abuser? Isolating their victim. How better to isolate someone than to have a weapon to hold over their head? A secret so potentially destructive it could ruin life as they know it?

Travis had no one he could confide in about the true nature of their relationship because of that. So whether he was crazy about the sex or not really doesn't matter to me...but it certainly matters that an abusive personality would manipulate a victim into depending on the abuser in some capacity, and then threaten them with their own weakness for having fallen for the abuser's manipulative ploys.

As usual you are spot on Kate!

K

I think that was a big mistake on Juan's part. 2nd degree should have been an option.

Juan doesn't have to include all of the lesser included offenses in his charging instrument. The jury will almost certainly be given an instruction on second degree murder -- that will be argued at the conclusion of evidence. When Jodi was indicted there was absolutely no evidence to support a second degree murder charge, and now after this endless trial there is minimal evidence of second degree murder by virtue of Jodi's testimony that she pointed a loaded/unloaded gun at Travis and shot him accidentally.

"Wooden spoon"?

Jodi Arias physically abused (beat and kicked) her own mother: http://youtu.be/XO4f9omfhik?t=47m44s

This is where she got the idea to fabricate the absurd notion that Travis kicked her.

It's called "projection".

I tend to believe strongly that Ms. Arias is far more complex than either of the two defense shrinks realized and that she is extremely capable of projecting numerous things to cover her true mental state. I don't know if JM's expert (DeMarte - sorry I do not know her title) got to speak with Jodi. I suspect if she did, she saw a completely different side than either of the defense experts saw. The contrast will be interesting and just guessing, far more believable.

I heard that -- she was trying to make the claim that when a woman "snaps" it's always self defense. Judge struck the comment from the record.

But what do Travis' alleged secrets have to do with Jodi's self defense? Unless the "double life" is referring to him being a closet abuser, but I don't think that is what Alyce was referring to.

I read what you said on your other post. The Defense case does have the feel of a work in progress lol.

The whole pedophile thing falls flat and, even if they think it's true, which I doubt, it should have been left out. Could Jodi have forced them to put it in?

Men leading secret lives can become very dangerous. Not only when their secret is threatened with exposure, but also, as ALV said, these men become abusive to their partners in direct proportion to the guilt they feel. These men express guilt as anger at the partner.

We have been taught by the media that if a man is cheating on his wife or girlfriend, it means she is not giving him what he needs at home. Therefore, the woman cheating with him should feel justified and no guilt. The other woman might think differently, though, if she knew that man goes home and abuses his wife because of the guilt he feels.

Leading a double life puts a huge strain on the man, and therefore, on the whole family.

The 'double life' is the heart of the Defense case. They have just not presented it very well.

IMO

That would be our and public opinion only. The State does not submit to blackmail under any conditions.

Have you seen the OTHER site? Chock full of mud slinging against JM and co. Not a worry to be seen.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.

AND, the DT goes out to dinner again last night, just BEGGING to be photographed.......AGAIN. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C