weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would ALV dare to testify that she based her in-court testimony on the report(s) of another expert, in this case RS? I mean the whole "shot him in the closet" is a BIG DEAL! Why would I believe that she didn't hear this directly from the defendent herself? If we or the jury were to believe her- that she had no idea what transpired on the day of the shooting- why the heck didn't she make an effort to find out? Did her DV evaluation stop at the moment Jodi picked up the knife?

I thought that was the silliest moment in Friday's train wreck.You could almost hear the eyes rolling when she tried to backtrack on that one.

I am less than 24hrs into 'Juan Withdrawal'... I keep walking from the livingroom to the kitchen and back and my head is starting to hurt. :tears:
Please pity me.

I do, I do! I'm glad that we did have court yesterday. Three days without Juan is too much! :blushing:

I know how everyone feels when they add to their post "sorry if this has been posted or discussed' LOL
I wish I could create a Cliffs Notes that have to be read by all of us before we allowed entrance to any of the threads and then post. It would save me tons of time.
You know, something simple, for all of us, like:

This Is The Deal

JM is great.
DT is so so.
JA looks better without bangs.
Auntie has not been at the trial for three weeks as of today (update daily)
Dr. Horn is hot and is professional.
DT experts are not.
Bobby Juarez is alive and well and lucky.
JA is not as short as she appears on TV.
Her hands are as big as they appear on TV.
Yes, all of our dogs now think their names are "May we approach!" and they should get a bone for coming to you so quickly. 500 times every day.
Sitting on your hands is recommended.
Especially if you're out of duct tape.
DB is a female friend of JA.
Artwork is not all it's cracked up to be.
Blackout sunglasses are required for viewing certain exhibits.
Eye doctor appointments are not the responsibility of the site if you ignore the above admonition.
Urban dictionaries are not your friend. Ever.

That's it for today :)
OMG! LOL funny!!
Thanks!!

Thanks! You know I'm really starting to look at this whole abuse and battering phenomenon through different eyes, and have the DT's witness to thank for that. There must be so many men who are battered but don't come forward because of femi-nazis. :furious:

It happened to my nephew last year during his brief marriage. She scratched the heck out of him and then kicked him down the stairs. He wouldn't even admit it at the E.R. to the Doctor. He had a very badly sprained ankle. We didn't know for months what really happened. :furious:

I know how everyone feels when they add to their post "sorry if this has been posted or discussed' LOL
I wish I could create a Cliffs Notes that have to be read by all of us before we allowed entrance to any of the threads and then post. It would save me tons of time.
You know, something simple, for all of us, like:

This Is The Deal

JM is great.
DT is so so.
JA looks better without bangs.
Auntie has not been at the trial for three weeks as of today (update daily)
Dr. Horn is hot and is professional.
DT experts are not.
Bobby Juarez is alive and well and lucky.
JA is not as short as she appears on TV.
Her hands are as big as they appear on TV.
Yes, all of our dogs now think their names are "May we approach!" and they should get a bone for coming to you so quickly. 500 times every day.
Sitting on your hands is recommended.
Especially if you're out of duct tape.
DB is a female friend of JA.
Artwork is not all it's cracked up to be.
Blackout sunglasses are required for viewing certain exhibits.
Eye doctor appointments are not the responsibility of the site if you ignore the above admonition.
Urban dictionaries are not your friend. Ever.

That's it for today :)

This is great!!!!

I would humbly suggest, though, that you change "DB is a female friend of JA" to "There are two DBs: one is a former boyfriend of JA, one is a friend JA made in jail. Posters frequently fail to specify which they are referring to."

OK - I found this through some Internet research and it might help explain where ALV is coming from:

There is something called the Violence Against Women Act

How about a Violence Against People Act?

I compare experts. Take Dr. Horn. Of course he's a PT witness but he did nothing to skew his testimony to the detriment of the defendant. I remember JM asking him if he could tell the direction of the throat wound. Dr. Horn said no. Said he really couldn't tell. He didn't go on for five minutes about the myriad reasons he couldn't tell. He answered the question.
I've seen other experts. One of the standard questions is to how many trials they have testified in and for which side. Clearly they know this is coming and they give a concrete answer.
I've never seen an expert advocate from the stand this way. It's surreal.
She is supposed to objectively analyze. If her assessment comes down in the defendant's favor, so be it. But it has to be based on fact and clear professional analysis and assessment. She's made string art of all she had read and seen and all that she hasn't read or seen.
I said this before and I've not found the source, so if anyone here knows how to locate it, I would be grateful. Earlier on I read that ALV said she was brought on to the defense team to 'create JA's defense'. I know I read it as a quote. I didn't make it up and it wasn't someone's opinion. I wish I could find that source. If you do, please post.

Source might be on twitter. She has a ton of stuff.

According to ALV, if you lie, after doing something abhorrent, then it is cool. You are just trying to hide the abhorrent behavior, so it's fine. Especially if you're a teen. No problem. Doesn't make you a liar, if you just lie, about killing someone. :waitasec: But if you lie about being a virgin, that is a sin.

Since ALV also said that JA lied because she was scared, I wanted someone to ask her if she thought that JA was no longer "scared", (despite the fact that she is in jail facing life in prison or the death penalty) when she spoke with her. Would have been interesting watching her try to answer that.

Damage control from JC?

When the Judge was addressing ALV at the end of the day yesterday the Judge stated that there was going to be a hearing on a matter of which she (ALV) was aware which may or may not be addressed on Tuesday. It sounds as if this or part of this hearing has to do with ALV.

The video I'm watching about JA's premeditation by Mikee Daniels (youtube) is real good. I agree with him that JA called Travis to not only make sure he'd be around but also to find out about his roommates schedules etc. She probably asked questions about them in a casual, 'friendly' manner and Travis gave the answers she needed.

Maybe a little off topic but tonight on the Lifetime channel they are airing a movie called "Stalkers". Might be good to compare the Jode to what they plan to show!

I've been watching a series called Look Who's Stalking. These are horrendous stories. Mostly women getting stalked not the other way around.

I'm sorry you went through that and glad you're here today. :yesss:

I think most of what JA says has a bit of truth sprinkled in with the lies. For example, when JA said Travis choked her I think it was HER who choked Travis. Hence her testimony that she didn't defend herself (true, as there was no need, she was the perpetrator).

If someone is in a situation like that they are going to go into survival mode and fight like he// to get free. That ALV or anyone else would believe JA is preposterous!

I personally do not believe Travis EVER abused her, But I also believe he would not have allowed her to abuse him. He was abused as a young child and I can't see him abusing anyone. I think it's all a bunch of bunk!!

I also believe that after JA changed her story to self defense.....that ALV convinced her she had been abused. I am sure we will never know for sure, but I think I would have to see a video of Travis being abusive and then I might have to question that.

According to ALV, if you lie, after doing something abhorrent, then it is cool. You are just trying to hide the abhorrent behavior, so it's fine. Especially if you're a teen. No problem. Doesn't make you a liar, if you just lie, about killing someone. :waitasec: But if you lie about being a virgin, that is a sin.

And did she really say there were varying degrees of lies and that basically all lies aren't created equally? :facepalm:

And then she'd lie about her own double standards: When Jodi lied about talking to or seeing other guys, it was because she was trying to avoid hurting Travis but when Travis did it, it was deception?

<modsnip>

Bobby Juarez/Robert Juarez has to be a very common name and the age of the man in this link does not match to JA's BF. He was a couple of years older than JA and the man in this bulletin was born in 1980 (the same year as JA), so this is not her old BF. Also, new pix of Bobby have just been released and I don't see a resemblance.

Yes, thanks for the info --- and I really wish that people would be more careful and investigate RUMORS like these before posting them! :facepalm:

I don't watch HLN because of the misrepresentation in their editing; talking heads, particularly the unemployed lawyers who sit in judgment of conscientious prosecutors; and now the tabloid/reality show style of their programming.

Look at Jean C. who obviously provided HLN editors with the video from local News12 and gave her analysis for pure sensationalism, almost bringing down a brilliant prosecutor and causing a mistrial. :banghead: :furious:

This is one reason to argue against trials being made public. HLN is told to report things in a sensational way and to offer criticisms and chastise the players involved for ratings. But this is irresponsible because they are presenting themselves as legitimate news. JC sold out a long time ago and her irresponsible reeporting has led to a mistrial hearing. It's dangerous. And they don't learn. They think it's great for ratings that one of their own got dragged right into the trial they are sensationalizing.

Since ALV also said that JA lied because she was scared, I wanted someone to ask her if she thought that JA was no longer "scared", (despite the fact that she is in jail facing life in prison or the death penalty) when she spoke with her. Would have been interesting watching her try to answer that.

TRUE. The DT mantra is " She only started lying AFTER the murder."

Ummm...Isn't it still AFTER the murder?

Look at Jean C. who obviously provided HLN editors with the video from local News12 and gave her analysis for pure sensationalism, almost bringing down a brilliant prosecutor and causing a mistrial. :banghead: :furious:

HLN has become complete tabloid in its coverage. From the foghorn, to on-screen graphics, to the creepy music they play. JVM in a fake interrogation room doing hand stands? They're milking the coverage for all the advertising dollars they can get. I LOL'd yesterday when going to a commercial break within about 5 minutes of the last one they said "we got to pay the bills".

Great post, and the quote perfectly supports your argument -- she does start with a PC and entirely reasonable position, but can't help slide into her real perspective which does not grant any real sympathy for male victims -- almost justifying it by her quantifying statement. How she makes sense of putting those two clauses in the same statement without imganing that a)violence against men isn't that bad, and (b) somehow, men deserve it because they've done it so much worse to women, is beyond me.

:cow:

I maintain that you can be pro-female without being anti-male. Evidently ALV cannot.

Why would ALV dare to testify that she based her in-court testimony on the report(s) of another expert, in this case RS? I mean the whole "shot him in the closet" is a BIG DEAL! Why would I believe that she didn't hear this directly from the defendent herself? If we or the jury were to believe her- that she had no idea what transpired on the day of the shooting- why the heck didn't she make an effort to find out? Did her DV evaluation stop at the moment Jodi picked up the knife?

i think it was a mistake on the part of the DT to let alyce near the murder itself. she kept saying herself she was only there to talk about DV in the relationship, and they should have left it at that. they didn't need her to talk about the actual murder at all.
because WHEN she talked about the murder, she said TA was shot in the closet, that JA PULLED THE TRIGGER (gun didn't just 'go off') and that the KNIFE was on the nightstand.

those are big! if she read RS's report that said the closet part, she should have asked JA. in any case, she should have gotten her stories straight before she testified and made sure she was following the script JW gave her.

if they'd stopped short of the actual murder, JM couldn't have cross examined her on it, and those little tidbits wouldn't be out there for the jury to chew on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX