trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Darryl admit to going from management to server so he could be with JA. They were able to buy a house in Monterey, Calif. working as servers? It wasn't a buyers market in 2005 was it? Either way, how in the world could they make the payments?

I know, this doesn't make much sense to me either. And didn't Darryl say the monthly mortgage was something like $4,000 a month?

I distrust Darryl. He tried to obfuscate about the mortgage amount with Juan. He contradicted his statements from his deposition/interview.

Personally, I think he lied about his employment and history with Jodi. According to a blog/FB post from someone who worked there, they were having an affair while he was still her boss. [Hey, it was on the Internet, it must be true!]

I don't find his account of when he was a manager @ Ventana then moving down to server role believable.

I have been thinking about the tiger vs bear context..

I think they wanted to see what her answer would be. I don't think it is good for the defense. I think the point that the good doctor made is that every different event would have a different response. That if I got bit by a snake, My PTSD would be based on snakes issues. If it was a bear it would be bear issues..
That Samuels eval. is based on a LIE, And it has no basis in fact, Then she would have no one to fear and no one to cause the PTSD...

Regarding the bear vs tiger question I wish DR.D would have elaborated with. Well if you were attacked by a bear but somehow escaped unharmed vs being attacked by a tiger in which you kill the tiger, then yes very different.

Dr. Samuels testified over and over that Arias had created an alternate reality. He believed that was a response to overwhelming trauma. The more realistic belief is that she elaborated a Ninja lie to conceal her killing of Travis & avoid prosecution. We would agree that she held the construct in mind for ready convenience when asked questions about June 4.

When she took the PDS test for Dr. Samuels, she checked assault by strangers. In subsequent questions, she would also be referring to her Ninja construct or what the doctor refers to as her alternate reality. Her efforts would be directed at remaining consistent & she could accomplish this by holding her fantasy in mind. This invalidates all her answers as to the trauma. Dr. Samuels feels that trauma is trauma. But by his own assessment, Arias's deception was not limited to the fact that the Ninjas did it, it was a whole alternate reality miles apart from the truth, requiring many other "facts". Her answers would line up with that, since she began with an outright lie.

Dr. Samuels may have stated that the test was sensitive to deceptive answers but if he did, his own evaluation belies that because he did not detect the falsity at the time of administering the test. He came to the realisation Arias was untruthful through other means later.

Her "ninja story" from the onset was so obviously laughable to me!!

I truly think she thought taking the camera would make her a suspect. As for why she put it in the wash....Don't forget, high intelligence doesn't mean the person has common sense and after getting to see so much of her over these months, I have a firm belief that she lacks common sense.
She says she's a photographer but that doesn't mean she knew a camera put threw a wash cycle wouldn't destroy the evidence. She was most likely not thinking clear enough to think of just removing the memory card.

Before this case I would have assumed a camera put threw the wash would destroy everything, especially after deleting the pics. I think she thought the same.:moo:

Yep, especially since she had stolen things from Travis before- and yapped to everyone that she is "a photographer", she'd be concerned people would make that connection. Also, it appears that she put the memory card in the wash separately from the camera. Which would more likely damage it.

I know, this doesn't make much sense to me either. And didn't Darryl say the monthly mortgage was something like $4,000 a month?

I distrust Darryl. He tried to obfuscate about the mortgage amount with Juan. He contradicted his statements from his deposition/interview.

Personally, I think he lied about his employment and history with Jodi. According to a blog/FB post from someone who worked there, they were having an affair while he was still her boss. [Hey, it was on the Internet, it must be true!]

I don't find his account of when he was a manager @ Ventana then moving down to server role believable.

I think JA said the payment was like $1800 /month to start with and then went up to $2700/month. These numbers may not be accurate but I think the $4000/month is way too high. I cannot imagine that kind of house payment.

Dr. Lenore Walker
could prove how the Dt is falsifying information and leading the jury to believe false claims.
I would have her as a witness.
So the jury will have the truth..lying about her not using her own material is a big lie and needs to be clarified by the state...next week..

Anyone else feeling burnt out and completely annoyed by the attention and money spent defending Arias and the senselessness of her crime? How many criminals of Arias's caliber are afforded such coddling by their defense teams? Anyone else notice Willmott stroke Jodi's hair yesterday? Is it in part because like Casey Anthony she is perceived to be attractive? That judge from the Anna Nicole case is stating Jodi won't get the DP because attractive females aren't put to death.

How could she have possibly thought she would ever get away with it? How with above average intelligence would she think all the evidence of her pre-planning wouldn't be strong enough circumstantial evidence to help convict her? How in her own mind would she not worry she would leave her own blood/dna evidence behind? It boggles a sane mind.

did you ever see 'midnight express?' in one part, all these poor guys in this awful turkish prison walk around this big stone column all day, for no reason at all. they just feel compelled to do it.

this trial has become my big stone column!! I HATE THIS TRIAL. i want it to be over SO badly, so that TA's family can try to get back to some semblance of normalcy----and that will be very hard to do after what they've been through for 5 years. it will be hard for ME just after 5 months (i'm including may because after conviction, we still have the penalty phase to go) because it makes me so furious and anxious.

as for your last point, i think in jodiworld, she planned to get in, get out. but because of her obsession with him, she stayed far longer than planned and then the killing itself didn't go the way she pictured it in her head. it was a mess. i think she STILL thought hair and prints wouldn't hurt her since she'd been in the house many times, she didn't know she left the bloody print, she thought she'd destroyed the camera and she took the weapons with her. so in her magical thinking, she was all good. worried, i'm sure, but she's very used to lying her way out of trouble and thought she could do it again.

But I thought she couldn't remember the stabbing because her hippocampus was flooded and that's why she can't remember the stabbing.
How can she have PTSD from something not remembered.
I wish Dr.D would have gone into it more. It seems as if the DT tried to give two reasons for the fog. It's always been my understanding that PTSD is something that effects you after the event, like Dr.D said. Things, sounds, smells, or any other situation that would bring the trauma back, you know the foggy trauma.:floorlaugh:

It's my understanding that the defense is claiming she has PTSD from Travis attacking Jodi and Jodi shooting him accidentally. She remembers the shooting but nothing after. That's why the shot first is so important to them.

I think Dr D was trying to stress that if Jodi suffered PTSD from this "event" she would be triggering on things related to Travis and wouldn't have gone to his memorial, wanted to see the crime pics etc.

I think DR D also felt that after this many years and having so much info about the crime she would be able to remember atleast parts of the stabbing etc. She stated that when the hypocampus is flooded, some memories may be foggy but usually not ALL of them as in the fog scenario.

I think she stated that the only way the hypocampus loses ALL memory is if it is damaged such as in a brain injury. I'm unsure of that though. MOO

Regarding the bear vs tiger question I wish DR.D would have elaborated with. Well if you were attacked by a bear but somehow escaped unharmed vs being attacked by a tiger in which you kill the tiger, then yes very different.

Please pass the dunce cap to me today because I do not understand the bear/tiger question.

First time poster but avid lurker especially during Dr. D's testimony. I've been looking everywhere but haven't found out anything for sure. Can someone tell me definitively why Matt M. was not called by either side and also what the outcome of the whole AL hearing that was supposed to happen this week I believe or last week. The Judge ordered her to come back on a Tuesday and I heard nothing since that.

Great discussion everyone; it's a shame that I started posting on a day with no trial; I almost feel like I have nothing to talk about unless the trial is on.

Don't fret, from the looks of things you'll have plenty of trial days after this long weekend.:Welcome1:

we never heard of any classes she took in photography or studied it in any way. she liked to take pictures. she told people she was an 'artist and a photographer.' she thought it made her sound cool, IMO. but i don't think JA knew any more about taking pictures than the rest of us mere earthlings!!
Is "fake it until you make it" one of the Laws of Attraction?

Wow! You've done some "hard time" this week. Glad you're back.:seeya:

I just had to tell you…my two cats are Waylon and Willy!

Thanks, Glad I'm back too. I've been a trial watcher for years and years, am a fan of Juan Martinez and passionately want justice for Travis' family.

Great cat names you have. Willy-Nelson's litter-mate sister is Cleo-catra.

BBM
I believe she testified from Feb 2nd to June 29th, 2007, I recall words from her or him (either in text, e-mail, what have you) about Travis mentioning to her that he was curious at how she arrived at a specific date of their 'official' dating and her response to him had something to do with where they went or something, I can't really recall how she worded it.

What I was wondering was - is there an e-mail, text or IM of when they "officially" broke up? They communicated so much and in so many ways there must be, have we seen anything from around 6-29-07 in testimony?

ETA: Sorry, bolded the wrong question from you, I meant the one above about the dates.

Thank you GV for providing those dates.

To me, it makes it pretty clear that they were a couple only in her mind. If they had become official in early Feb 07, what are the chances he would forget Valentines day for his new girlfriend?

Add to that there seems to be no text, e-mail, IM w/TA that talk about breaking up (or the supposed courting), I think the relationship, beyond hookups, was fictional.

I wouldn't even call it friends with benefits, as they don't really seem to have been friends for much of the time.

Or maybe I am just seeing this totally one sided. I just simply don't believe Jodi about anything.

Jodi most likely doesn't require glasses - she wanted them. She always takes them off and fidgets etc. I have horrific eyesight and I'm blind as a bat without them. Before my eyes got to this point I didn't require them for anything outside of driving / tv, but I still didn't behave like her.

they are trying to desexualize her the best that they can.

I think JA said the payment was like $1800 /month to start with and then went up to $2700/month. These numbers may not be accurate but I think the $4000/month is way too high. I cannot imagine that kind of house payment.

Sounds like a "balloon" mortgage - initial payments start off lower and increase over time. Does anyone know the purchase price of the house? The figures - even $4000 a month - don't seem unreasonable for a house that was $500,000+. I'm sure that there are folks in my sub whose mortgage payments are that high, especially for those who bought their homes when the market skyrocketed. :moo:

now a lifetime movie about her if it was as bad as the last killer movie well?

Guys, I'm feeling a little bummed about the juror questions for Dr. DeMarte. Most of them seemed born out of a want for understanding, but others, like the bear/tiger question, or even the organizational thinking question, seemed like challenges.

The former in particular is logically bankrupt. A more apt comparison, if they were indeed seeking clarification, might have been an attack by a stray dog versus an attack by your own pet dog. I think Dr. DeMarte answered it professionally and well, but it didn't seem like a Q designed to get a better grasp on the concept; as previously stated, it was a challenge. And, JMO, an incoherent one given its premise.

I would wager that at this point, every juror knows more or less how they'll vote. There's been enough evidence presented and enough time lapsed that it's now more about just cementing those ideas in their head. To have a Q such as the 'tiger/bear' shows a deficit in understanding that I'm not sure can be rehabbed, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510