weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, as far as the bear/tiger question, I had wondered basically the same thing as far as PTSD, and I could see that I might have asked the same question as a juror, just out of curiosity. But I also don't think a diagnosis of PTSD would affect my decision, and I flat-out don't believe the "fog" JA is claiming.

No, I think it was one of the roomies as documented in the Flores report.

That may well be regarding Flores' report but JA testified that SHE helped TA with the selection of the camera. Oh my, does this surprise you?

IMO, the fact that JA's memory somehow diminished between what she told RS earlier, and what she told DDM later, then testified to the version she told RS, is a huge slam in her story and fog defense. Still can't keep all those lies straight.

Oh, I wanted to add one more thing.........

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeee.........hahahahahaha

Well, well well....Happy Bday to you.....and Meeeeeeee too LOLOL We should sing to each other hahaha!!

Probably by the time I write and post this, someone else will have said the same thing - so I apologize for repeating...

Anyhow, I think it was the May 26th text messages the sealed TA's fate. I think that's the correct day of the messages that ALV just loved to reference when Travis went ballistic with JA and told her she was evil and the worst thing that ever happened to him - and basically she was out of his life forever. After that I don't think it would have made any difference with JA even if TA ended up going to Cancun by himself. She knew she was out for good and nothing was going to change his mind. OK, maybe she went to TA's home in June with the slim hope that she could change his mind but if not, then he was going to die - so Cancun really had little to do with the outcome.

And BTW - am I the only one who doesn't think it was abuse (or even inappropriate communication as Dr. D put it) when TA called her all those names? I just cannot imagine a world in which all of us must think through, and mentally edit, each and every word we speak to another person especially in the heat of anger. Travis was angry - very, very angry - and from what Ive seen of Jodi so far, those "abusive" words seem to fit her to a T. I believe the saying goes - call a spade a spade.

Agreed! DDM put it into perspective nicely, the 'pattern' was that TA would resort to those words and anger when JA crossed boundaries like checking his email, and getting into his FB without his authorization. That was huge and so glad it got out. DDM did a lot for this case, and exposed several huge gaps in the Defense case.

IMO, the fact that JA's memory somehow diminished between what she told RS earlier, and what she told DDM later, then testified to the version she told RS, is a huge slam in her story and fog defense. Still can't keep all those lies straight.

Definitely. As soon as Dr DeMarte spoke about the memory loss continuing because she interviewed JA afterwards was a good moment.

I loved how JW insisted it was simply because Dr D 'only' spent twelve hours with her and basically didn't ask the right questions. Unlike RS who asked all the right questions and spent oodles and oodles of time getting to know JA.

Having been in an out of therapy my entire adult life, I got to thinking about the numbers. Usually it was 1 hour a week. 52 hours in a year.

K

Well, well well....Happy Bday to you.....and Meeeeeeee too LOLOL We should sing to each other hahaha!!

Yes...Happy Birthday to both of you! I will be joining the Birthday ranks tomorrow. My oldest son is 29 today....how time flies.

K

Researching a lot of Arias' testimony to look for behavior "tells". When she peppers a lot of truth with her lies, it makes her lies pop out, to me. Just wow.

Same thing with her interrogation tape concerning the Ninja story. When she recounts the first part, up until the introduction of the ninja - her speech is fluid and there are NO pauses. Response time to questions is HUGE in the LE world.

This is why we ask your name, address, date of birth, and other in-important things that we know the answers to. We are getting a baseline. How quickly do you respond when telling the truth. How do you fidget when telling the truth, how do you hold your body when telling the truth? Then, we ask some harder questions to see if your response time, and body language changes. Nonverbal communication being such a big thing, and all ;)

Just the fact that she did think, at least for a moment, that the story could sound believable tells one everything they need to know about Jodi Arias.

And to think the poor thing probably spent a lot of mental effort night 1 in jail between arrest (July 15) and orange jump suit interrogation (July 16) coming up with this, probably couldn't wait to tell it thinking it would be her ticket out. Was so proud of that story, she held onto it for what 2-3 years after arrest? So much for that ticket :jail::jail::jail:

That may well be regarding Flores' report but JA testified that SHE helped TA with the selection of the camera. Oh my, does this surprise you?

As I recall, JA said she helped Travis over the phone, and it was hard for her, because he did';t know what he wanted. In her testimony though, she was poor at explaining just what the issues were. It was his fault, of course...

Yes...Happy Birthday to both of you! I will be joining the Birthday ranks tomorrow. My oldest son is 29 today....how time flies.

K

O/T..I know I know...

Happy Birthday to you if I don't see you here tomorrow!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

IMO, the next victims of Jodi were probably Sky/Chris Hughes. That's what the 9mm was for.

The DT has brought them up numerous times because their client wants them to.

I'm pretty sure there is at least one scientist or academic on that jury -
somebody very used to asking challenging questions and well versed in critical thought.

I don't believe an academician is asking the questions that are so troubling.

Yeah, after cutting a man's throat, stabbing him 29 times, and shooting him in the head, they went into her pocketbook looking for her ID and let her off with a stiff warning to not tell anyone because they knew her name and where she lived. They followed that up with "she must be that b___ from CA". Completely laughable.

Plus she has to add it was her car registration the Ninjas found in her purse (her address on her drivers license is a P.O. Box!)

Anything enter into evidence is subject to the jury to review. IMO

http://criminal.lawyers.com/Criminal-Law-Basics/Deliberations-in-the-Jury-Room.html

What county do you live? None of my business but you do not seem to know the procedural laws in the US. JMO. I'll but out now.

:eek:fftobed:

I have to admit a fair lack of knowledge regarding things like this, despite being born and bred USA. I know that each state has particular laws regarding criminal proceedings. I am so glad that AZ allows juror questions, and I didn't know they did until this trial. I know that sometimes testimony about certain things is reviewed by the juries, but I'm not always sure what actually is allowed in the jury room.... I get confused :) I'm glad for this forum to learn things like this! I also LOVE that we have members from all over the world!
I have learned SO MUCH here! TY for all of you! Even those who aren't always on the same side of the proverbial fence as I am. I actually appreciate being made to think about my positions. It usually just makes them stronger :)

I don't believe an academician is asking the questions that are so troubling.

I am not sure what to believe. With the *advertiser censored* question, it almost feels like there is one juror who is making fun just to lighten the day or see what crazy thing someone is going to say next.

But honestly, IMHO, the bears/tigers question didn't seem to be a thumbs up for the DT. kwim?

K

Steven" Every person that heard about it ( the murder ), the FIRST word that came out of their mouth was Jodi". I am so thankful that of all the people she could have spoken with Dr. Demarte spoke to a sibling of Travis. Wise lady. God bless these siblings. I am so humbled just watching them in trial each day. It has changed my life, and how I am with my own brothers. It has changed me, forever. I understand now I certainly am not too busy to call them, every single day. In fact, nothing I ever do in my day may ever matter more to me than those talks and hearing them laugh. It makes me wonder how many hearts and family relationships Travis' story has touched. In that way, he lives!

http://youtu.be/5nbQlDQGwnM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members