weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. This whole Juan the wonder prosecutor sentiment I really can't understand. They wouldn't have charged this case (or any of his other cases) unless they thought they definitely would win. They rarely, if ever, do. Here, the State has dna, other physical evidence and photographs at the scene; days of videotaped police questioning of the defendant who chose not to lawyer up and to lie her face off; the dateline interview with more of the same. Really, the only thing that Juan could do here would be to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

And I'm not saying that to slam Juan. Even though I really don't like him, what I'm saying in this post has nothing to do with that. It would be true, imo, for any prosecutor trying this case.

But not every defense team is given the budget that this case has...money can totally help to skew the issues - as we've seen with CA and OJ.

Well, I can't disagree with how you feel, which is why I have chosen to pursue a career on the prosecution side of things. But, I do believe that defendants, and the Constitution, deserve an advocate. I can't imagine it being any other way.

Innocent defendants deserve advocates.

Guilty defendants should so plead.

The whole notion of defense counsel burying its head in the sand, instructing defendants NOT to tell them certain things...

The practice is, by definition, legally-sanctioned -- even court-ordered -- deception.

And folks wonder how juries are hoodwinked and justice is perverted.

What do you think is more tortuous? Being required to testify in a hearing over 3 weeks to get ruled against , then finding small consolations such as him receiving less attention, only to have to respond to a friend who has run across his singles ad because its still up,there?

I ignore almost every correspondence I receive on our lengthy appeals...they go in the garbage unopened although they come several times per year. I've told my advocate to,call me if its something I need to be involved in but the system keeps us updated.

I wrote those posts in an isolated exchange over 25 years now almost now. Torture is every Christmas Eve, the day her body was,found. Torture is an emissary for her killer showing up on my doorstep 2 weeks before Christmas asking my assistance with his appeal. We live with recurring torture every year as this goes on.

Yet I manage a successful professional life and loving relationships and opportunities to help when I can. This sharing was meant to educate what families deal with post death penalty.

If you walk in my shoes and find a better way to cope, I'm all ears. I'm doing the best I can, and at times it includes being completely pissed off and outraged and I use this voice God gave me.

Is there anything I can do to help from this side of the border to have that site shut down????

Probably hard to work with a client who's lying to you all the time. I wonder if it was after getting a report from Karp.
IIRC, Nurmi asked to be removed more than once. Thought I read that he was just getting his current practice off the ground and wanted to focus on that (or so he said).

Does anyone remember the date of the robbery at Jodi's grandparents home? I think it was May 28. Anyway, the date of her check to Travis for her car payment was May 28. If it was the same day, that girl was busy in her planning stage wasn't she!

People think fixing the brain is like fixing a broken bone or an infected tooth.
It is very hard to find someone who understands the human brain and it's potential disorders. Doctors love giving tests so they can try to get you in a category, so they can try and fit you with this group of people but it solves nothing.
The only cure that saved my Mother's life was shock therapy. Very scary at first, thought her Doc was crazy but is changed her life for the good 10 years ago. Look into it. Truley amazing results and please do not give up! There is somebody out there that will help you. Good Luck!

No, people don't think fixing the brain is that easy. Especially not people in the mental health field.

FYI just a peek in to what really goes on with death row inmates and their celebrity status..just ran in to this dialogue I had w a Canadian website that hosts "singles ads" for death row inmates. The man who slit my sisters throat had a photo of himself on there holding her dog at one point. He was released from death row in 2009 for "mental retardation" yet they still held him up there as one of their poster children for years...he may still be listed as far as I know. Take a look at this exchange...oh and they banned me for holding their feet to the fire calling it "mean" :
http://ccadp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=victims&action=display&thread=7586

Vile and disgusting KCL. It almost makes me ashamed to be a Canadian. I have very mixed feelings about the DP, but the people who run this website need to take a step back and view the world through the eyes of the victim and the victim's family. I'm appalled.

Electro-convulsive therapy is used for depression and certain psychoses, not PTSD and your Mother would have been diagnosed the same way JA was before any 'cure' was attempted. At least I understand where you're coming from now though. Hating on Dr D because of your own or your Mothers experience with mental illness is called projection. I'm sorry you're so frustrated but please don't take it out on a licensed professional who was following protocol. She wasn't bought, she just isn't saying what you want to hear. M professional O

True! And she wasn't treating Jodi. Dr. D was not there to help Jodi in any way.

So long as you aren't eating popcorn. Take care of yourself, Katie. Please. :)

I will be eating popcorn with my brother at the movies tomorrow. With butter, rather nasty artificial flavored oil. I don't need it, it's stupid and I will be enjoying every bite except the ones I spill all over myself and the seat and floor, like usual. ;)

MOO, but I think Gus screwed up the dates. I think it wasn't the night TA was killed, but the night he was found-the 10th. Gus' group was already back from Cancun, and Travis' was supposed to have left the following morning.

I may be wrong, tho.

Gus screwed up more than the dates. IMO.

I will be eating popcorn with my brother at the movies tomorrow. With butter, rather nasty artificial flavored oil. I don't need it, it's stupid and I will be enjoying every bite except the ones I spill all over myself and the seat and floor, like usual. ;)

I knew I could count on you. :)

Do you think you could do any better?
The defense is stuck with a fantasy story made up by an ill person. What do you expect them to do? They are doing the best they can with what they got. On the other hand the prosecution has it on easy street. Do you think it is JM is the only person that can crack this case open? <mod snip>

Juan Martinez is stuck with the same person the DT is stuck with. The same fantasy story, the same evil person. Juan Martinez is the person "cracking this case open" There is one victim, Travis. There is one killer, JA. What do you expect the DT team to do?

FYI just a peek in to what really goes on with death row inmates and their celebrity status..just ran in to this dialogue I had w a Canadian website that hosts "singles ads" for death row inmates. The man who slit my sisters throat had a photo of himself on there holding her dog at one point. He was released from death row in 2009 for "mental retardation" yet they still held him up there as one of their poster children for years...he may still be listed as far as I know. Take a look at this exchange...oh and they banned me for holding their feet to the fire calling it "mean" :
Now now.. you're supposed to be in a self-imposed TO.. chocolate and something enticing to drink

What do you think is more tortuous? Being required to testify in a hearing over 3 weeks to get ruled against , then finding small consolations such as him receiving less attention, only to have to respond to a friend who has run across his singles ad because its still up,there?

I ignore almost every correspondence I receive on our lengthy appeals...they go in the garbage unopened although they come several times per year. I've told my advocate to,call me if its something I need to be involved in but the system keeps us updated.

I wrote those posts in an isolated exchange over 25 years now almost now. Torture is every Christmas Eve, the day her body was,found. Torture is an emissary for her killer showing up on my doorstep 2 weeks before Christmas asking my assistance with his appeal. We live with recurring torture every year as this goes on.

Yet I manage a successful professional life and loving relationships and opportunities to help when I can. This sharing was meant to educate what families deal with post death penalty.

If you walk in my shoes and find a better way to cope, I'm all ears. I'm doing the best I can, and at times it includes being completely pissed off and outraged and I use this voice God gave me.

My experience is people want to know but don't want to know what the reality of this process is.

I live it on the inside and sometimes, rarely really, on the outside. I've had clients I've known for years see me on the news on this trial telling me they had no idea this ever happened to me. Like most, I can compartmentalize it. But places like here, I feel safe to tell the truth.

Oh my God. This made my throat close. (((((((Katie)))))))

It doesn't take a professional of any kind to see this person does not suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Watch how she responds to a juror's question about taking us through the 'traumatic' event. It's as if she's telling us which path she took when she walked her dog in the park.

It seems the only thing bothering her about the "traumatic event", is that she doesn't screw up her script she copied from Alyce's continuum.

Video starts at correct time - if not, it's at 9:47. It ends whenever you feel nauseated by her calculated, scripted lying - 9:48 perhaps :)

http://youtu.be/lymxsMGQDnY?t=9m47s

If anyone blew this case for Jodi, it's Jodi herself when she stepped up to the witness box. True meaning of Borderline Personality Disorder.

No emotion at all, just matter of fact affect. This question always bothered me because we would not do what the juror asked her to do which was use her finger to diagram what happened that day. She would not touch the screen or even focus on the layout. Just talked with her hands, facing the jury.

Well, popcorn beats cop *advertiser censored* any day, unless you're eating popcorn while watching... :shocked2:

Oh... :nevermind:

Is there anything I can do to help from this side of the border to have that site shut down????

I think it's there to stay. Jodi will have a singles ad there and likely they will try and help her sell her art in some way although she can't profit, they are sophisticated in getting around US laws. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada and Canadians.

I very rarely go look but did some research for that interview and ran across it again.

I do for the most part know how to set boundaries around stuff like this. I've not once visited the Jodi is Innocent site nor will I. But obviously our case is more personal and every few years I get stirred in to action. And we have a potential execution looming close maybe...we've discussed that recently like will we attend etc. these are discussions we have to have from time to time...but I rarely go there in my personal life.

IS that why you think they don't make eye contact with Jodi? Because of highly censored photos?

They've already seen her well-traveled and oft-frequented 'junk' with all those miles and hours on it.

What else is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member