Breaking News ~ NC Wanted re: Janet

Whenever a defense attorney mentions Websleuths in their opening arguments no less it kind of worries me..YIKES :nerves::nerves:

Whenever a defense attorney mentions Websleuths in their opening arguments no less it kind of worries me..YIKES :nerves::nerves:

There are so many forums out there where people discuss cases.

They pick on you because WS is the best. Consider it a compliment...LOL

I can't freakin' believe I missed the opening statements! Damn 3 hour time difference.
:stormingmad:

The 911 call:

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/audio/2034527/

If you are bored go and read some statement analysis stuff by Lt. Tracy Harpster. He has written a lot on "Is the caller the killer?"
Using his COPS scale I say this guy sounds guilty to me!

He is frantic when answering questions about the wife but can recite his phone number, his wife's age, and their address and other information without problem.

He starts off the call saying his wife is dead. (acceptance of victim's death)
Does not request help for the victim.. later he says "there's like stuff everywhere".
Tells the dispatcher how he came home and found his wife.
Dispatcher asks about doing CPR. Raven says "she's not with me". (Lack of CPR cooperation)

He also stopped his heavy breathing and was very clear when he recited his address - twice. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks, KMouse for the link -- I'm not familiar with it, but it sound interesting. I'm gonna check it!

Pregnant mom murder trial underway
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Lawyers made their opening statements Monday in Raven Abaroa's murder trial and the first prosecution witnesses took the stand.

Related Photos
Photos in Janet Abaroa murder case
View all 21 photos

Abaroa is charged in the April 2005 stabbing death of his pregnant wife Janet. He allegedly told police he found his wife in their home on Ferrand Drive in Durham after returning from a soccer game. The couple's 6-month-old son was in the home at the time of the killing, but was not harmed.

More in link: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9083215

From the above link:
21 Photos in Janet Abaroa murder case
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/gallery?section=news/local&id=7299936&photo=1&pid=9083215

Listening to the opening statement by the defense. Gaw.... I think he either made a mistake or got it completely wrong. Raven and Janet didn't get back together until late summer 2004 not too long before Kaiden was born, IIRC. Then he was arrested right after the first of the year.

There are so many forums out there where people discuss cases.

They pick on you because WS is the best. Consider it a compliment...LOL

:websleuther:My thoughts exactly, Kmouse and fellow peeps . We are doing nothing wrong -- I've read similar opinions in the newspaper in Letters to the Editor, and some of them signoff as "Name Withheld." If something or someone really went haywire, each of us could be "located" in WS recs by admins -- it's not at all untraceable -- like anonymously writing graffiti on a wall (being serious here).

We have all, or nearly all, gotten carried away & gotten a slap on the wrist, or worse, and we are all subject to lifetime banishment. And IMO, we're really pretty responsible -- and what we see, although we see it voluntarily, is sometimes nearly non-human. But still we dig and fight for the victim. It's an American "thing" largely, but it even expands beyond even those borders, and we're all happy that it does! :websleuther:

And again, the argument is coming from the defense with a client who is not in a very good position, IMO. For some reason he must have wanted it in the record....Will we hear more about it? We'll just have to wait and see.

icon11.gif
Excuse the rant -- it got me "bowed-up," as we say here in NC. :rant:

:websleuther::justice:

Law and Order once did an episode where the "Web Sleuthers" got involved in a case. I used to have a clip of them talking about "Web Sleuths" talking about people like us. It did not shine a good light on the likes of us. Oh well.

We are back from the lunch break

Not exactly sure what the defense attorney was doing here, haha

States direct of the Officer William Benhart (sp?) continues

Did I hear correctly that the officer found the 2 dogs locked in the shed?

States witness, Amanda Craig, Durham City PD
Back on April 26, 2005 she was a uniform patrol officer in district 2

Opened a trial thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207338"]NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back