Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi is getting thrown under the bus--now everything is going to be HIS fault. Just one more person for her to blame.

His pose for many months to come ... lol

8712091572_c83b8b5487.jpg

I honestly can't think of anyone but ALV and Jodi.

And he had proof.
Jodi lied about the gas cans
ALV lied to the jury about testifying on the behalf of men, when she she had only written a report in one or two cases.

And he had proof.
Jodi lied about the gas cans
ALV lied to the jury about testifying on the behalf of men, when she she had only written a report in one or two cases.

He even gave Arias multiple opportunities to recant, back pedal, concede or just say, "Oh, maybe I was mistaken. I don't recall which Wal*Mart it was ..." or " ... I don't remember why I bought so much gas. I was in a pre-fog."

So he marched in witnesses, left and right, to cut her off at the knees.

He was relentless.

:bow::bow::bow:

He even gave Arias multiple opportunities to recant, back pedal, concede or just say, "Oh, maybe I was mistaken. I don't recall which Wal*Mart it was ..." or " ... I don't remember why I bought so much gas. I was in a pre-fog."

He was relentless.

And yet in the post-verdict interview she STILL maintains she returned that gas can! Unreal. :banghead:

He was relentless.

That part was amazing!! And then he finished with an "OKAYYY" that meant "Ha, you idiot. You digged yourself into a hole. Thanks!" He brilliantly got her to say she returned it that same day and to the same walmart. I was so surprised when Jodi had the nerve to shake her head during closing when Juan was saying how Jodi said on the stand that she returned it to that same walmart (which she did! countless times) and then Nurmi got up and tried to say she might have returned it to another walmart! :facepalm:

He was relentless.

He also gave ALV numerous opportunities....Travis was scared of her stalking RIGHT? That is when she got her time out!

And yet in the post-verdict interview she STILL maintains she returned that gas can! Unreal. :banghead:

A decent question by that reporter would have been if he had confronted her with the transcript to that part and asked her whether or not she was lying on the stand. SMDH!

OT Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful loving mothers on this thread who would go to the ends of the earth for their children. And to those who have lost a child to violence,accident or illness..... Ttday,as always must be a heartbeaking day. Hugs and prayers to you. And to the women who never had children of their own but filled in the gap by loving, mentoring and giving hope to the wounded, neglected and abused children of this world... you are the extra mothers of the world.

:rockon:
And to all the Dads who function as Moms.
xoxoxo

I am a first time poster and I have a thought/question. In his closing argument, JM called out ALV as lying during testimony. The DT never objected. I have never known of a defense "expert" allowed to be classified as this even in closing arguments. I am assuming that her entire testimony was impeached in chambers by JSS and that opened the door for JM to openly remark that she lied before the jury?

She definitely did outright lie at least once. When Juan was asking her if Travis said he was extremely afraid of Jodi because of her stalking behavior in an email, she said something to the effect of, "No, he didn't. No, he did not." She did not equivocate at all.

Then, she backed off a little to say he showed no fear behavior even though he said it.

Finally, she said yes Travis was afraid because of Jodi's stalking behavior.

I hope she got in trouble for that.

Welcome to the forum!

I hope there's a way to deny JA pencils/paper/reading material of any kind during impact statements. She shouldn't be allowed to "busy" herself in any way during those.

Absolutely agree. She should not be allowed to disengage in any discernible way. Can't quite get a feel for the judge--I had thought she was running a tight ship, but then I read that actually she has not and has favored the defense. Does this mean that she is not exercising the right to control JA , or is said control totally up to the DT? JA and JW need to quit playing tic tac toe or whatever those two have been scribbling.

Another question: Suppose JA feigns this or that illness or crisis every time she is supposed to appear? How would that be handled? How long could she stall? Has there ever been an aggravation phase in which the convicted did not appear?

:fireworks: Happy Mother's Day, Moms! :fireworks:

baby-elephant_1893699i.jpg

I am a first time poster and I have a thought/question. In his closing argument, JM called out ALV as lying during testimony. The DT never objected. I have never known of a defense "expert" allowed to be classified as this even in closing arguments. I am assuming that her entire testimony was impeached in chambers by JSS and that opened the door for JM to openly remark that she lied before the jury?

WELCOME! :seeya: I'm especially glad to see new people come on board because I just started posting here and everyone who joins now moves me up the seniority ladder.

I doubt we've heard the last of this. The fact that the defense team remained silent while their witness was called a liar in open court almost certainly means that it was already made clear to them how the judge viewed ALV's testimony.

I suspect that the judge gave ALV a few days to find and submit documentation to support her assertion that she had testified in a criminal proceeding on behalf of a male abuse victim. When ALV failed, it became clear that her testimony was intentionally deceptive and that JM would be free to make statements to that effect without worrying about them being challenged.

That little bit of drama shows just how brilliant JM is. He saw that she was weaseling around the original question and objected, making her answer specifically about testimony (not written reports) in criminal (not family court) proceedings. If he hadn't made that objection and nailed ALV down, her subsequent waffling might not have risen to the level of perjury. As it was, she was cornered and chose to lie, he caught her, and everyone including the judge saw it.

It was not during the closing( I did not watch much of either side's closing..so I can't comment) It was during the testimony phase.

I recall JM making the making the points about lying during the closing remarks. (I did not watch much of the trial, but did watch the closing remarks.) I, too, was surprised that he was able to make those remarks, but thanks to someone upthread who explained that JM had gotten ALV to admit to her lie(s) on the stand.

He also made remarks in his closing argument about Jodi lying. But I believe he made those same claims during his opening remarks, which I watched while I was biting my nails waiting for the verdict to come in.

What I found most significant about a person who lied during their testimony, was that JM emphasized the jury should discount ALL of said person's testimony because she had been shown to have lied during part of the testimony. I thought that was really strong, and make the prosecution's case that much tighter.

I don't have the time points for this comments, but quite frankly, if you haven't watched the JM's closing remarks, you should. They are not only entertaining, but educational as well. ( I will say that my recollection is that those comments were made within the first hour of the closing arguments, but I won't guarantee it.)

If she admits she kept the gas can she then admits it was only purchased because two gas cans would not be enough fuel to get her through AZ.
If she holds on to the lie, in her mind she is innocent of premeditation..

Morning...happy Mother's Day to everyone! And hugs to those of us who have a difficult time on this day.

Thanks for posting! But do they have the demographics right of who follows trials is it really 18 to 45 age group or is it older? Lol!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm not in the demographic. LOL And neither are my friends. Now that we are retired, we have the time to be entertained by this fiasco during the day.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror