Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #2 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that story by the Spec too. Almost all the information came from this site.There has been some fabulous sleuthing on this site.
In my own opinion, I feel that these boys have been stealing parts and cars for quite awhile. There is no way that they went from nothing to abducting a man.It's just too big a stretch.
It probably isn't some giant car theft ring ,but just a gang of them making more money for the thrill and extra money.
So what else did they do??? People brag and can't keep secrets.The evidence might be in plain site.On FB photos or tweets and posts etc.
I am personally really disgusted by this crime and would like to see everyone involved in any way, go to jail.

First off I just have to say you guys are amazing with the things that have come up here. I've been glued to this site for 3 days now!

One question that's been lingering in my mind is, why has AM not done anything with his fb account and all of the comments being made on it? Second, SS was quick to remove his account but AM hasn't? He had a chance before MSM even linked them.

not saying he's involved or not, but maybe he just likes the attention. SS has a wife and child I believe so he has more reason to delete his profile, IMO.

I personally would be pissed if I was DM and my bff didn't bother to block their fb page and left it public for people to weed through, guilty or not if he was or is friends with DM he probably should have closed it down out of respect for his friend. Now maybe there is a reason he has left it open, advice of LE, lawyer etc? I can't really see a reason to have it left open to the public but there it is :confused:

and you got a shoutout in the media, I saw your user name!!!!

I know, I think if anyone would of been sitting with me while I was outside having a smoke (this momma bear will not smoke in the house!!!!) they would of said I either paled or went red as soon as I read my "name" anyone who knows me will know who "SweetAdeline" is since sweet adeline is an Elliott smith song and the info the provided about me. I am not mad or anything because I hope Tim's family reads that and knows I was thinking of them (well I haven't stopped since this all started) I just wish there was more I could do help..
aside to applying my education to web sleuthing and phoning in (what I think is) relevant info I may dig up, there isn't much more I can do. I just feel so SO sad for his baby girl, she needs her dad.

Unless DM claims he bought the truck, paid TB in cash, and dropped him off somewhere to get home on his own, and therefore has no knowledge of what may have happened to him after that.

As for the 2nd person, we don't know that he hasn't been named by DM, and/ or brought in for questioning by LE. I find it hard to believe he hasn't, even if no charges have yet been laid.

And I think we all agree there must've been a 2nd vehicle involved that the twosome drove in, to get to TB's house.

So many possible scenarios.

Trying to keep an open mind because this is a bizarre case.
Hmmm paid him in cash that would be a lot of money to carry around, Wasn't TB asking price over $26,000? Yes there are so many scenarios on how this man disappeared and who may know what. Have hope for some good news from LE tomorrow :)

Has anybody been able to confirm the info of AM as a london police officer that was fired? Theres all kinds of info but no pics and that AM was from London. Age seems to be correct and name identical.

Finally in here! Woo! Anyways, i was the original tweeter of the pics of dm mons house through the trees. Also, the mom is fine and has spoke to LE. I will fill you in with what I know as we go. Had eyes on the field for the search tonight. Its set up for paintball and an airstrip. My friend who walked down the field was stopped and LE made him remove phone battery and delete pics from his camera.

Are you a neighbour of DM's mom in Kleinberg? Pretty cool that your friend got to be a Johnny-on-the-spot in Ayr. You guys get around!

I saw that story by the Spec too. Almost all the information came from this site.There has been some fabulous sleuthing on this site.
In my own opinion, I feel that these boys have been stealing parts and cars for quite awhile. There is no way that they went from nothing to abducting a man.It's just too big a stretch.
It probably isn't some giant car theft ring ,but just a gang of them making more money for the thrill and extra money.
So what else did they do??? People brag and can't keep secrets.The evidence might be in plain site.On FB photos or tweets and posts etc.
I am personally really disgusted by this crime and would like to see everyone involved in any way, go to jail.

exactly, they have all the working of a small or even big time theft ring with the airport access and DM's connections there. I think they have been at it for a while and this was maybe just a new avenue they were looking into to obtain cars ( the kijiji listings) JMO

Maybe they are in contact with suspect #2 and #3 (if there is one) and are doing negotiations? Maybe that's why they aren't pushing looking for Tim anymore and aren't pushing suspect descriptions.

I posted SO many articles earlier today on maybe page 11? I am with you on the car thieving ring thoery

I saw there was talk of a hockey name used to steal cars at a dealership. AM new twitter status says 'retired hockey player'

Welcome Deucebag and all other new members great to have you here!

I also think they do know who the 2nd suspect is, have probably talked to him, and as previously mentioned, probably is being watched. So LE isn't lying when they say he hasn't been named or arrested, because he hasn't but that doesn't mean they don't know who and where he is. Let him get cocky and do something dumb and LE will be all over it.

....but, on the other hand, in the time-sensitive interest of finding Tim safe and sound and bringing him home from wherever he is, does it make sense they'd just be "waiting and watching"?

IF it's taking LE so long to get search warrants, what does that really say? If LE felt strongly that TB was alive and being held somewhere, wouldn't time be of the essence to locate him (not knowing what kind of physical condition he's in, etc)? I mean, if you have reason to believe that someone was essentially abducted and is being held against their will somewhere and their life may be in jeopardy, is it really that hard to get a search warrant in such a case or do you even NEED one in such a circumstance? I thought that if LE has probable cause to believe that someone's life is in danger, they can enter a premise without a search warrant.

So that being said, sadly I wonder if they have reason to believe that Tim is no longer alive, that time isn't as much at the essence (to locate/rescue him alive) and they're now more focused on doing everything by the book so that there is justice done and the perps don't get off on some legal technicality re: process not being followed?

Also, I had to roll my eyes when reading DM's lawyer's statements today, that poor DM is such a nice humble polite guy and is "shocked" that he's been accused of involvement. Um, duh, how does he explain that an auto trailer belonging to HIM contained the truck of a missing man, and said trailer was found in his mother's driveway. Give me a break.

:seeya:hi, i'm new here :) but i've been lurking for a while and read every post about this case thusfar..

my $.02 ..

i was trying to think of a scenario where tim would still be alive in this case

it just seems way too bizarre to me that these men would risk everything like this for a stupid truck.. and in such a sloppy way!

what if this is in fact a very sophisticated extortion and/or hostage scenario against dm using tb?

the original description of the suspects is incredibly vague.. the first witness (the large man with the ram truck who saw the gave the tattoo info) may be in on a scheme to peg dm and his friend(s) with this crime.. all it takes is some fb sleuthing (ams giant photo cache) to find a motive and know that he is quite well off and the death of his father makes him an even better target

two similar looking men could have abducted tb and left the phone in brantford with the knowledge that police would find it and call the first witness for the more convicting description

perhaps they stole the trailer put the truck in and left it at dm's moms house to make a better case against dm to keep him away while they hold tb somewhere in the hopes of getting $$ from dm or his family?

This is the roseville rd field

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 109
exactly, they have all the working of a small or even big time theft ring with the airport access and DM's connections there. I think they have been at it for a while and this was maybe just a new avenue they were looking into to obtain cars ( the kijiji listings) JMO

I'm thinking about the idea of a car theft ring. It does sound possible, for sure. If their aviation business is suffering, they need another way to make cash, this is an idea. But when it comes down to the money, is it worthwhile for them to use their planes to transport cars or automotive parts? I'm honestly asking, I am considering the cost of the fuel, the time invested, the size of plane to transport (which I'm sure they already had), etc. The truck was a nice truck, but nothing remarkable about it. Maybe it is a car theft ring and something went wrong?

Also, has AM gone into hiding over all this? Very odd.

I for one don't feel this will be a good outcome. Sadly time was "of the essence" at the last press conference. There was supposed to be an update today but nothing. If Tim was alive and well I'm sure we'd all know and be celebrating by now... jmo

they for sure do, I stumbled on this http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2874045-bosma-mystery-propels-cyber-sleuthing-into-high-gear/ this morning and my stomach dropped to see I was quoted. but yeah we made the Hamilton newspaper

I found that article to be mostly negative portraying weblseuthers as mostly a nuisance. It also contains this huge factual error:

What has been called online vigilantism, hactivism, and digilantism appeared to lead to the suicide of a man named Sunil Tripathi following the Boston Marathon bombing.

Tripathi, who suffered from depression, was found drowned after having been identified in a tweet, erroneously, as a suspect in the bombing.

It's true that Tripathi was wrongly identified as a suspect but that did not cause him to commit suicide. He had been missing for sometime and already dead at the time of the Boston bombings.

I would hope that the investigators on this case have someone dedicated to monitoring this forum because I see some amazing leads being generated almost by the minute on here!

....but, on the other hand, in the time-sensitive interest of finding Tim safe and sound and bringing him home from wherever he is, does it make sense they'd just be "waiting and watching"?

IF it's taking LE so long to get search warrants, what does that really say? If LE felt strongly that TB was alive and being held somewhere, wouldn't time be of the essence to locate him (not knowing what kind of physical condition he's in, etc)? I mean, if you have reason to believe that someone was essentially abducted and is being held against their will somewhere and their life may be in jeopardy, is it really that hard to get a search warrant in such a case? I thought that if LE has probably cause to believe that someone's life is in danger, they can enter a premise without a search warrant.

So that being said, sadly I wonder if they have reason to believe that Tim is no longer alive, that time isn't as much at the essence (to locate/rescue him alive) and they're now more focused on doing everything by the book so that there is justice done and the perps don't get off on some legal technicality re: process not being followed?

not to be a downer, but yes, exactly what you said, they seem to have chosen to focus more on evidence for a crime than a recovery mission for a reason. Honestly I can't see any scenario where these people would find it necessary or beneficial to them to hold TB hostage. He saw them, he's a witness and therefore a danger to their freedom. They have no use for him alive, they haven't contacted anyone (MSM, LE) for a ransom. They didn't seem to put a rush on any of the search warrants they were looking to get so I don't think they were looking for TB in those areas at all, at least not alive. And lastly if they thought he might be out there alive somewhere injured, maybe dumped off, the chances of him surviving this long without medical attention are pretty low as well.

As much as I hope all this is wrong and he is still out there somewhere and can be reunited with his wife and child, I'm also trying to be realistic and looking at things the way LE most likely are :(

Also, I had to roll my eyes when reading DM's lawyer's statements today, that poor DM is such a nice humble polite guy and is "shocked" that he's been accused of involvement. Um, duh, how does he explain that an auto trailer belonging to HIM contained the truck of a missing man, and said trailer was found in his mother's driveway. Give me a break.

The lawyer stated that DM and himself were not made aware of what evidence was against DM.
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/05/20130513-151645.html

I am sure I read another article that said DM won't talk to police until the evidence is presented. I can't find the article now... But I'm pretty sure the giant trailer in your mother's driveway is a clue. Maybe it's not a big enough clue for DM

Sorry for the very poor pics as I was trying to discrreetly take the photo from my phone while......the first pic is the LE van and tv in driveway across the street from the grey barns they are now showingon the news on Roseville Rd in Ayr. The second pic is the barn as of 7:45 pm tonight...doesnt seem to be taped off as shown in tonights 11pm news. Again sorry I didnt get a better pic but I thought it was the yellow buildings with LE in driveway across the street they were looking at that I posted pics of earlier...

Attachments

• Roseville rd 3.jpg
    Roseville rd 3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Roseville Rd 4.jpg
    Roseville Rd 4.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online