Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY - DAY 68

12:47 p.m. Trial to Jury continues from 05/08/2013.
Court convenes in chambers with Counsel for the Defendant only.

1:00 p.m. Court convenes in chambers with Defendant and Counsel for the Defendant present.

Counsel for the Defendant moves to dismiss the death penalty option

IT IS ORDERED denying the motion.

1:16 p.m. Court convenes in chambers with Defendant, Counsel for the Defendant, Counsel for the State and victim next of kin present.

IT IS ORDERED continuing the aggravation phase from this date to 05/15/2013 at 10:00 a.m.

BBM & SBM - Biggest clue as to "what happened" Thursday. JA couldn't handle the DP motion being denied. Family must have been very happy/relieved and JA couldn't take it.

There was also the matter of the motion to videotape victim impact statements...? Something must have happened between 1:16 and 2:02...?

O/T

Kermit Gosnell sentenced to Life in Prison today, one day after being found guilty.

The wheels of justice are rolling in other parts of the country, unlike Arizona, where a butcher with delusions of grandeur has managed to bring the system to a screeching halt in her attempts to delay the inevitable.

How is it that this convicted murderer can hold up judicial proceedings with her BS? Can anyone explain this to me? It makes no sense how someone so ignorant and manipulative is able to hold up this process with her little schemes.

Sorry for the rant, but I want to see this through and I'm just so tired of hearing/seeing her already. I'm ready for it to be over and her to GTH away.

Just MHOO.

In the interview, her mom said "I asked Jodi about it". She didn't say she asked her of she killed him.

Yeah but didn't she sat something like, " I asked Jodi about it. I asked her if she had anything to do with it and she said, 'no mom, I wasn't even in Arizona, I have thr receipts.'" ?

His sister, Hillary, did a wonderful tribute to Travis. It made you laugh and cry when she described his life stories. It was sad to hear Hillary say she was not close to all of her brothers and sisters, but Travis was close to everyone.

It made me think of my own brother who basically moved away and disowned his entire family. Nobody knows why. After several attempts, phone calls and apologies he still has nothing to do with us. It was strange apologizing to him and not knowing what the apology was for.

I think family is important and hope after this tragedy it will bring the Alexander closer together.

My crappy internet won't let me download a youtube, can you see Jodi in the video, I kept hearing she was acting weird.

I can't imagine living that life. I've never even had a moving traffic violation. I knew that if I got into trouble, jail would be heaven compared to the impact it would have on my parents. What a hard lesson to learn.. But when you do those types of things, they have to restrain everything you do because they can't trust you. I'll bet Jodi is hating that..... And I can't help but :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: at that idea.

I can say from experience was thrown in jail for a HOSPITAL BILL; I was put in the county jail for a 24 hour period and let me tell you, I was in PANIC mode! It was smelly, LOUD, dirty and because the local county sheriff's didn't like me very much because I stood up for my rights, they kinda made my stay REALLY uncomfortable and went out of their way to make it as bad for me as they could. They threw me in a pod unit with all the county offenders and as soon as I got in there, I was in a cell with 2 other girls, one of them was 8 months pregnant and they wouldn't even give her any mattresses to sleep on, she was on a hard sled cot type thing. I was literally mugged from some other women in that pod of my socks I had on, I just gave them to her so there would be no trouble. However, while I was in that "Pod" thing for that 24 hours, the Deputy Officer that was a woman that was in charge of the cell pod was surfing the internet shopping on Eastbay for running shoes, she had inmates all around her yapping and openly free walking around the pod, this officer had a weapon on her as well. So she was shopping on the taxpayer dime and at any time she could have been overpowered and had her weapon taken, I was more scared of that happening than anythig else. So, the bottom line is I NEVER want to experience that again! I was mortified, I cried the whole time like a little girl! This happened about 6-7 years ago. That is the ONLY time I have ever been in trouble and really I wasn't in trouble, I just didn't have the money to pay a hospital bill and because I had moved and wasn't notified of court they put out a body attachment on me and the only way I could get out was to pay the hospital bill in full which is SO WRONG!

There was also the matter of the motion to videotape victim impact statements...? Something must have happened between 1:16 and 2:02...?

I THINK if that motion was addressed it would have been put in the minutes but noted it's under seal or consideration or something.

I think that timeframe was when JA had somesort of issue with what happened in chambers. I won't speculate on what I just think the minutes give us a "clue" about that day. Now it's totally possible whatever happened after this in chambers meeting is unrelated however I doubt it.

It seems to me JA does not like the family and being in an in chambers meeting with the family who would be happy to hear motion denied would really tick her off. Oh I guess I speculated anyway:)

Yes indeed.

I think the worst part of being in a place like that would be the sensory deprivation. I'm surprised people don't develop vision problems from seeing nothing but white cinder block all day every day.

His guest host, whatever-her-name-is, freaks me out a little.

Yes, she does have quite the facial expression huh? She is one of the worst guest hosts.

She told DD she had two teenage children. Can you just imagine the conversations?

Mom, I want to go on birth control pills :eek:

Mom, I just wrecked the car :eek:

Mom, I need you to come to the police station and bail me out :eek:

BBM: Yes ... and no doubt this "mystery" can be solved ... any ideas WS'ers ?

:seeya:

I hope the documents are unsealed one day and we find out exactly what happened. I felt that the two ambulances, etc...and the back board being on that same floor....I really felt that she did act out; or tried something. Who knows maybe she refused to move or leave the court room; any act of defiance could have landed her there. Or Sheriff just couldn't Wait to get his prisoner and interfered. She is dangerous, I repeat what I wrote on the last day court was held, I hope that security around her has increased EXPONENTIALLY! I hope she is flanked by two guards the rest of her miserable life. I think Ms Arias did have some kind of mental meltdown, and we will most likely hear about it when this case is closed.

this makes me smile

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 3m
Convicted murderer #JodiArias is now in leg and belly chains whilst being moved around the jail. #Justice

I'm not sure if AZ has the Son of Sam law but if they do it wouldn't apply to selling her art work. She is allowed to profit from her "art," she is just not allowed to profit from her crime, e.g. Selling the rights to her story.

EDIT- All been answered in previous posts, sorry!

His sister, Hillary, did a wonderful tribute to Travis. It made you laugh and cry when she described his life stories. It was sad to hear Hillary say she was not close to all of her brothers and sisters, but Travis was close to everyone.

It made me think of my own brother who basically moved away and disowned his entire family. Nobody knows why. After several attempts, phone calls and apologies he still has nothing to do with us. It was strange apologizing to him and not knowing what the apology was for.

I think family is important and hope after this tragedy it will bring the Alexander closer together.

Hey cricket. Sorry about your brother. I have one of those too. He'll be 59 in 2 months. I hate (kinda) him for doing this to our parents.

This should not have happened. There should have been some type of provision in place.

That whole eye-guy saga was bizarre, but it did give us "Mexican Chihuahua" and "more pennies in their kettle".

and this too:

ABC News ‏@ABC 6m
#Gosnell: Convicted Philadelphia abortion doctor gets life in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads