SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been the foreperson a coupla' times and sat on a murder trial jury. In every case, the jury wanted to go over the instructions before the first vote to be certain our discussions were not forbidden in some way. After putting in the time and attention for the whole trial, no one wants to screw it up on some technicality. I think this jury is really trying to bullet-proof their verdict and even though it may seem "simple" fromthe gallery, reading and discussing the instructions is time consuming. If some juror(s) needs some convincing to feel OK about the death penalty, it will take time to hear from other jurors and questions may come up. Let these twelve people do their job. I will be OK with any outcome because they are the only ones who have to live with their decision.

I agree that the instructions themselves could have been what they were going over and they may have asked about the procedures in case they cannot decide.

I used to have trouble understanding how coming to a concensus seems to go against individual decisions, but someone explained it well for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having your mind changed as other jurors explain their own reasoning to you. I would think it would be easier to convince people to go down to Life though, rather than trying to convince people to go with DP. But it all depends on how many are going for which type.

What is really weird to me is letting the judge decide whether Life is either LWOP or LWP. Why not let the jury decide that too.

My apology to you. But you'll see by some previous and subsequent posts that some believe it is, or would be, hilarious that the jury has or would eff around with the defendant for chits and giggles. In fact, I think juror 8 pretty much said that he did as much -- although maybe more directed at a witness than at the defendant.

Imo, that would be really offensive and scary behavior. Sentence her to life or death, but don't make a freaking joke out of it. jmo

No problem, all is well.
I can understand a person feeling it would be "deserved" for the jury to mess with her since she seems to always be manipulating, playing games with her words, etc but I am pretty sure most would not want or expect it to REALLY happen.

This jury has been very serious about the trial as far as I can tell. I am sure this particular decision is weighing heavily on them. I am sure NONE of the actual jurors are thinking this decision is a joke. Frankly, although I believe I know what I would vote, I am very thankful to NOT be in their position.

OOh.. she oozed seductress with Troy Braden last night. I could feel it through my MacBook.

She did! It was so gross and off putting! She thought she could seduce him as well. Heck, she probably thought he wanted to re-interview because he "liked" her. He did a good job of putting her in her place with some of those questions. And I liked that he sat very far away from her!!

OOh.. she oozed seductress with Troy Braden last night. I could feel it through my MacBook.

Yeah, in the beginning before she realized he was actually gonna ask her real questions this time. In the beginning, she's like all leaning back, her legs out...ugh just makes me sick. Maybe she thought after their first "interview" that he was gonna be her jail lover.

I'm watching HLN re-runs and I wonder if NG is pizzed she did not get the Jodi-show interview? All I picture is a cat fight. :floorlaugh:

Seems like there's lots of interviews and guests NG hasn't gotten. The other HLN shows have, but not NG. I haven't really paid attention to NG in several years. Only catch her now occasionally, because of this case. Not a lot even then.

Yeah. Jodi has to lose control one of these days. When she is on a chain-gang making her way to death row...

I'm kinda hoping it happens tomorrow when she finds out that the jury ain't buyin' the BS she's been selling, and they sentence her to death!

It will happen if we can get her to a point where she feels backed into a corner with no way out, and being sentenced to death just might do it...

(*unless at that point she still thinks she's going to get off on appeal, then we might miss the "Jodi going ape shXt crazy show"...but we can keep our fingers crossed)

GUYS! What do you think? All her life, she's told everyone "I've got this." Her allocution is what comes to mind right now. Smart sociopaths are really scary people (Eric Harris was above average IQ also)(Columbine).

Also, did I already say, "Jaysus. This behavior of JA must've been what Travis was reacting to with his angry email. Look how we're reacting to her and we didn't have the benefit of sex to blind us."

Jodi Arias is becoming a laughing stock. But I don't think she's ever going to be aware of it. Or what it means. She'll always think we're laughing WITH her.

Geesh, up way too late again.
Getting up for work is not going to be fun.

So I will head to bed but wanted to leave this for you all:
:eek:fftobed:

[video=youtube;egX9N8yOgaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9N8yOgaU[/video]

She did! It was so gross and off putting! She thought she could seduce him as well. Heck, she probably thought he wanted to re-interview because he "liked" her. He did a good job of putting her in her place with some of those questions. And I liked that he sat very far away from her!!

And he showed her in stripes on the footage which she specifically asked him not to .. also weren't you all annoyed that she berated him for not showing her shout out to DV victims in her first interview, and her advice to document everything when he DID .. I was annoyed .. she was wrong about that, but criticised him in her interview with him, and again later .. not that it matters, but it bugged me.

OK- Snow White.

I'd put money on Jodi admires herself in a mirror all day.

Drawn in court.

$(KGrHqZ,!hwFD+W!)0DcBRCBpwgq6!~~60_35.JPG

Snow White witch:

magic_mirror_evil_queen_snow_white.jpg

Agreed! Square tipped and the bones in the fingers are "nubby" and protrude -unlike Travis' fingers. Travis' hands looked young and smooth, the ones in the "dirty" photo look much older. Look at the bones in fingers in the dirty photo and then look at the picture DB's when he was on the stand.

I'm guessing that perhaps JA sent this picture (of DB) from Travis' email address to her own email since she knew how to hack into his accounts.

Seems like there's lots of interviews and guests NG hasn't gotten. The other HLN shows have, but not NG. I haven't really paid attention to NG in several years. Only catch her now occasionally, because of this case. Not a lot even then.

That's because you have to have good hair if you want good guests... Just sayin'... If I had to choose who to do an interview with I would totally narrow it down to hair...

Ok, Well, good hair AND talking nice to people.... ;0)

imo I don't think so. They are a responsible jury.

I think Juror 18 is the bald, artsy guy.

I'm worried about the upcoming holiday weekend...so far, this jury has not been rushed, but do you think they would maybe wanna just get finished before this weekend? They don't seem like they're in a big hurry though, judging from their deliberation schedule, so I'm guessing this won't be a big deal. But still I just hope they don't make a quick decision just because of that.

Someone posted the actual note from jury earlier and the note said something like "If we can not reach an unanimous verdict, should we inform the judge or fill out the verdict form per jury instructions?" It sounds like a statement in a question form. But my interpretation is that they might have a preliminary vote only two hours into deliberation and their votes split, so they want to clarify the procedure. I might be wrong since I don't think the judge will make this kind of misunderstanding.

Agreed! Square tipped and the bones in the fingers are "nubby" and protrude -unlike Travis' fingers. Travis' hands looked young and smooth while the ones in the "dirty" photo look much older. Look at the bones in fingers in the dirty photo and then look at the picture DB's when he was on the stand.

OMG! Coming in late on this...but those fingers look more like Brewer's than Travis'...where did I see the comparison photographs? are you guys looking at the comparison? NO WAY that was Travis.

So funny the different crowd from night and day..., makes room for fun........
[video=youtube;4H8snOA5p7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H8snOA5p7E[/video]

I'm still laughing about that Troy interview. She did a triple talk when he asked why she wanted to talk to the media. She didn't answer that question. She just repeated from the seat of her pants, "Well, at first I didn't but a promise is a promise that I've regretted since the day I said it or whatever, then spun into "well a promise is a promise" even if I don't like it" or whatever. She knew and he knew when he asked that question that she was going on prime time giving long interviews last night. gah...such a double take and triple talk. Uhh...well... Why did Jodi go on tv? No chase her around from tv station to tv station for that answer. gar I think she should rot & quickly. As fast as that witch in WOO that had water poured on her. Melt quickly. buh buh bye.

...but as soon as she realized he wasn't into the handcuff thing she morphed back into mean Jodi... :floorlaugh:

OMG! Coming in late on this...but those fingers look more like Brewer's than Travis'...where did I see the comparison photographs? are you guys looking at the comparison? NO WAY that was Travis.

I don't know whose hands those were, but I agree with you, they're NOT Travis'. I have a "thing" for men's hands, and Travis' were a LOT nicer than the ones in that pic.:twocents:

OK- Snow White.

I'd put money on Jodi admires herself in a mirror all day.

Drawn in court.

$(KGrHqZ,!hwFD+W!)0DcBRCBpwgq6!~~60_35.JPG

Snow White witch:

magic_mirror_evil_queen_snow_white.jpg

You're probably right!

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the smartest of them all?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the prettiest of them all?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the snarkiest of them all?

The funny thing about last night was that with the excessive foundation/highlighter makeup Jodi had on, I thought it made her face look puffy, like she was retaining water! :floorlaugh:

And he showed her in stripes on the footage which she specifically asked him not to .. also weren't you all annoyed that she berated him for not showing her shout out to DV victims in her first interview, and her advice to document everything when he DID .. I was annoyed .. she was wrong about that, but criticised him in her interview with him, and again later .. not that it matters, but it bugged me.

Yes! I cracked up when the camera rolled back and there she was in her silly little sweater and big ole black and white striped jail pants and jail flops! :floorlaugh:

No Jodi, you don't get to call the shots! And we saw you and your ugly jail britches!

I rolled my eyes hard when she told him that she really didn't want to do the first interview she had done with him - but she did anyway because "she was a woman of her word' - yet she goes on to do a second interview with him.:facepalm: I was like...."girl...please!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK