Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the L&L idea pop up in this discussion many many times, and I suspect it's entirely possible. However, if they did just desire to pull off the perfect crime, they did a really lousy job of covering their tracks..

Worth noting: So did L&L.

Posted by Nursesleuth previous thread.
BBM
Totally off topic...... Isn't it possible that DM was adopted?? He is on this website that is often used to seek out birth families. Has that been confirmed?? http://www.genebase.com/node/f67215b7bb

I have touched on this previously and had given many reasons why I feel it's a possibility Nurse. Taking into account his father's age when DM was born, 44, his mother was a flight attendant and sometimes they chose not to have children because of their career choice, not being home a lot. Someone mentioned they thought DM looked too much like his father in his early years. I am not sure what his ethnic background is, to me it appears some aboriginal? Anyone know any different? Some articles are written as if he was born to WM and MB. Could it have been a "family secret"? Did WM have a sibling/relative who may have decided to put her child up for adoption and WM and MB adopted DM? He was named after his grandmother according to one report I read. I still believe it could be a possibility he was adopted. I guess anything is possible. Did DM find out this was the case and became bitter? I know a young lady who was adopted by her grandparents and still to this day she does not know her brother is actually her bio father. Myself I think it is unfair the grandparents have never told her the truth. We may never know in DM's situation. And yes to me it is odd he entered his info on this site. JMO

If you have money ... it is possible to move a lot of cash in an out of the bitcoin exchanges without ever being traced..

https://mtgox.com

Ah yes, Magic the Gathering Online Exchange o_O.

These Canadians are notable for proactively trying to follow FINTRAC law:
http://cavirtex.com

It's an interesting angle, but bitcoin isn't all drugs and money laundering.

Very interesting...Googled "car theft Halton", found this Crime Stoppers ad for a stolen black 1987 Buick Grand National show car:

http://www.haltoncrimestoppers.com/crimeoftheweek.aspx?ID=5513

Now look at Google maps to see the proximity between MS's house and Double Deuce Garage:

http://goo.gl/maps/LVBc7

Is it actually interesting? I'm sure a lot of various crimes and disturbances have happened in that area, and just about anywhere else... is there some similarity here that you're seeing? Besides the fact that a black vehicle was stolen?

pretty darn close and ''trailer sized'' too -

If a 3500 Ram is trailer sized, I think we can assume just about any car would be too, don't you think?

Worth noting: So did L&L.

IMO, L&L at least had a very clear motive - asking for ransom from a millionaire. Something that seems to be only attainable by kidnapping (and possibly murder).

DM & MS still don't seem to have a very clear motive. We can argue that it's for the truck, but logic tells all of us that they could have hotwired/carjacked/done whatever to steal the truck instead of killing over it.

I'm not really sure if I buy the carjacking gone wrong idea - carjacking went wrong within the first mile after leaving TB's home? Also, I still think if it was carjacking that went wrong, DM and MS would have been scared and definitely would not have went back home living their normal lives again until the LE caught up with them. Even if MS had his sister's wedding to go to, if he was scared (which I think any one would be from a non premeditated murder), he would have made up any excuse to leave. "I'm going to a friend's house for a few days" and not caring about family protests would work fine I think. JMO, of course.

IMO, L&L at least had a very clear motive - asking for ransom from a millionaire. Something that seems to be only attainable by kidnapping (and possibly murder).

DM & MS still don't seem to have a very clear motive. We can argue that it's for the truck, but logic tells all of us that they could have hotwired/carjacked/done whatever to steal the truck instead of killing over it.

I'm not really sure if I buy the carjacking gone wrong idea - carjacking went wrong within the first mile after leaving TB's home? Also, I still think if it was carjacking that went wrong, DM and MS would have been scared and definitely would not have went back home living their normal lives again until the LE caught up with them. Even if MS had his sister's wedding to go to, if he was scared (which I think any one would be from a non premeditated murder), he would have made up any excuse to leave. "I'm going to a friend's house for a few days" and not caring about family protests would work fine I think. JMO, of course.

I have been thinking about the comments about MS looking normal and having a good time at the wedding. If I had committed a major crime and was thinking that maybe, just maybe, I had gotten away with it (as I hadn't been arrested yet) I think I would try to look and act as normal as possible. Like nothing was "up".

If anything, I think that MS going AWOL for a few days and missing his sister's wedding would have looked VERY odd and raised much more suspicion than just hanging around and acting like everything is fine.

I read this morning a Toronto Sun article by michelle mandel about MS. When I first read it one sentence struck a chord with me and it said that they easily could have come back to the Bosma house after killing Tim as they knew Sharlene was home alone with the baby. That line scared me. However, now when I read the same article that sentence has been removed from the story. I am finding that a lot. I read or watch something (like the video in the Toronto star last week of DM and friends on a canoe trip in Croatia in 2012.) I watched this video of these guys swimming in the water when they knew they weren't supposed to. Then I went back to show it to someone an hour later and it was removed. I think that is why everyone is staying on top of this story, because it would seem if you don't you won't get the whole story. It just made me think again how it seems like these guys film everything.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/killer-video-for-bosma-accused

I do feel for MS's sister (this does not minimize my sympathy for Tim Bosma's family, as they are the primary victims)-her wedding is forever tainted with the memory of her younger brother alledgedly participating in this crime, celebrating in her wedding, & she gets to be contacted by LE & media on her honeymoon...I'm sure these people have NO idea how much their actions will affect the people around them...the circle of pain just keeps widening....

I do feel for MS's sister (this does not minimize my sympathy for Tim Bosma's family, as they are the primary victims)-her wedding is forever tainted with the memory of her younger brother alledgedly participating in this crime, celebrating in her wedding, & she gets to be contacted by LE & media on her honeymoon...I'm sure these people have NO idea how much their actions will affect the people around them...the circle of pain just keeps widening....

Do we know she was contacted by LE & media on her honeymoon? Guess it would have been worse if LE had arrested MS during the event - they would have been certain to know where he was and that he probably wouldn't resist in the middle of that crowd of people.

It says "Viewers of this profile also viewed" .. followed by other names that have been searched. It doesn't indicate that those MB's are in fact his mother, or that the MBs shown or MB's mother are in fact linked to the RB shown in that list. IMO, it's just a result of people sleuthing around linkedin on those rather generic names to see if a definite connection could be made.

Actually, Sillybilly, that may be the case or it may be that the person has chosen to keep track of those connections. If you drill down through the second listed MB, you'll find a person with the initials JG whom, I'll warrant, DM might dearly love to have on speed dial around about now, were that possible.

Do we know she was contacted by LE & media on her honeymoon? Guess it would have been worse if LE had arrested MS during the event - they would have been certain to know where he was and that he probably wouldn't resist in the middle of that crowd of people.

I cannot provide links for this, but I do remember seeing in one article that they tried to contact her, but she was out of the country (on her honeymoon). Even if they didn't try to contact her at the time, I'm sure that her memories of her wedding will overlap with this horrible event. I don't even want to think about what all the family members of those who are involved in this crime (identified & still to be identified) are going through-it's probably very different to be linked to the criminal, rather than the victim...

I've seen the L&L idea pop up in this discussion many many times, and I suspect it's entirely possible. However, if they did just desire to pull off the perfect crime, they did a really lousy job of covering their tracks.

I have a feeling whoever was driving the Yukon that followed TB's truck will be the one to provide a lot of the answers LE and everyone else is wondering about. Hoping the announcement of that arrest is very soon.

Many times? I merely posted this to point out that money isn't the only motive -- in answer to questions many times posted here.

We know that she has been tweeted at relentlessly and that her husband has been tweeting while on his honeymoon. If one is connected, that usually means that the other one is.

I have been thinking about the comments about MS looking normal and having a good time at the wedding. If I had committed a major crime and was thinking that maybe, just maybe, I had gotten away with it (as I hadn't been arrested yet) I think I would try to look and act as normal as possible. Like nothing was "up".

If anything, I think that MS going AWOL for a few days and missing his sister's wedding would have looked VERY odd and raised much more suspicion than just hanging around and acting like everything is fine.

He might have been drunk/high on something in order to mask any anxieties, IMHO.

Having a "few too many" would not look out of place at a wedding reception, either.

Both MS's sister and her husband have recently changed their twitter and Instagram settings to be private. Can't blame them.

Both MS's sister and her husband have recently changed their twitter and Instagram settings to be private. Can't blame them.

And CD, who was defending MS using FB, has deleted her FB

Just wanted to clarify something. It saddens me to say it being myself a polish-Canadian but I can confidently say that MS is indeed of polish origin (most likely born in Canada). This is not a common polish last name but some detailed research about the suspect has lead me to this conclusion.

Anyways, whatever this animal's ethnicity is, my hope is that he rots in jail for the rest of his miserable life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda