Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks, I am closing this chapter on my support and defense of those with ASD. I don't want to take away from what this thread is supposed to be about, MS.

Both MS's sister and her husband have recently changed their twitter and Instagram settings to be private. Can't blame them.

The husband should change a cover too. It reminds a picture of DM at steam. Bloody eyes. :stormingmad:

. I wonder if the separation has any significance

Yes, being held separately does have a significance. More than likely, there has been some undercover LE spending time in prisoners areas to find out if there is any chatter.

I really feel this circle of friends and possible link to finding suspect 3 lies in what LE called a close knit group of friends..I have been on here all night searching and it seems that this group is into rap bands and are in them..I dont think DM is but MS is as we saw earlier in the youtube video..I saw a tweet earlier that talked about a group that was friends with the suspect..found the groups fb page and looky at the first post..someone is getting som flack I think.
https://www.facebook.com/TheKommunity

Random thought, but are there any theories (or maybe known facts) on how LE ever made the link with DM and his crew in the first place? Someone calling in a tip on the tattoo maybe?

Are there anybody who played DOTA 2? Could it have any influence?

After reading about it, it is quite violent. A DM game profile have a lot of swords. Thus, they should be familiar with knives too. DM was active on steam ~May 4-6.

After reading about it, it is quite violent. A DM game profile have a lot of swords. Thus, they should be familiar with knives too. DM was active on steam ~May 4-6.

I asked my 21 year old son, who loves video games, about DOTA. He said there is nothing particularly unique about this game compared to others in the genre. My son play League of Legends, which is a spinoff of DOTA and there is nothing that he can think of that would relate to a group of individuals enacting a real-life macabre crime.

It's just another video game. It's a real-time strategy/tower defense/arena kind of game. Yes, there is "combat" in it but it's really not on par with games you typically see associated with warnings, like GTA. It's about strategy, not acting out violent behavior. The combat it does have is cartoonish, not graphic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Dota_2_Game.jpg

In short, I think any association with the DM crew is circumstantial.

My apologizes if this has already been posted. IMHO it's still sick regardless. Who feeds off of this cr@p? Warped minds. Some young peoples music is simply trash, full of violence, blood, guts, gore, gang reference, drugs, swearing. Some of it is scary. Has anyone ever listened to "Screamo" music? Sounds like the singer is possessed by demons. Not my kind of music, you can't even understand the words.

Disturbing ‘killer’ video was just acting, alleged producer says

"The video is fake and for Halloween from last year of 2012 — I was the director/editor, he's an actor/rapper … I have been sharing the video since last year and after I offended people I took it down. I will not answer anymore questions," they responded.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...-video-was-just-acting-alleged-producer-says/

Sample of Screamo. Asking Alexandria "A Prophecy"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0sT7xfC3QY&list=PLAC4F3931753E7F5A"]Asking Alexandria "A Prophecy" Official Music Video HD | Director @RobbyStarbuck - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone ever listened to "Screamo" music? Sounds like the singer is possessed by demons. Not my kind of music, you can't even understand the words.

Not sure how this is relevant - were the accused into this music?

I disagree... I ate dog bones when I was a kid. I can name about 50 people that fit this description that do not have asbergers. Asbergers is not a violent condition.

I am sure that DM has a mixed bag of issues but I think it is a stretch to start diagnosing him with conditions and a disservice to people with asbergers to derive that asbergers may have caused him to murder.

I agree plus he probably wouldn't be diagnosed with it, unless he already has been.

Dr. Catherine Lord in Toronto Star: “As a scientific medical diagnosis, Asperger’s is merged into autism spectrum disorder,” said Lord. “Our committee felt there just wasn’t any way to justify its continuance.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2012/10/03/autism_definition_to_be_enlarged_as_aspergers_diagnosis_disappears.html

Does anyone know if either lawyer has pled for a bail hearing?

New here, and although I have read most of this thread, I did miss a few pages, so excuse me if this has already been brought up and discussed...LE says TB cell turned off within a mile of his home, but doesn't give a time it was turned off, which could suggest the vehicle following somehow had the truck pull over as if to steal it, making DM and MS in the truck "seem" uninvolved, a struggle or whatever occurred at this point resulting in the murder of TB

I don't know what happened but to finish what I was saying on Ctv I heard them say neighbours were on the property prior to the discovery and they spent so long in the forensic tents on the property

Has there ever been a press release that stated what led them to Smich?

I'm wondering be ause of mark smith having a history with police is the reason the tactical unit was used. Maybe he was uncooperative or combative in the past.

I'm wondering be ause of mark smith having a history with police is the reason the tactical unit was used. Maybe he was uncooperative or combative in the past.

It's not unusual for Tactical teams to serve all federal drug warrants and federal murder 1 warrants.

Either way it's going to be a tough situation to get out of. I don't think it has been mentioned as to whether the Yukon was towing the trailer or not, but saying it was, wouldn't the driver question why they are hauling a huge trailer? I guess the perps could have reasoned the trailer is what they were using to transport the truck in until all the paperwork on the sale was finished. Not only that, but it sure doesn't look good for suspect three right now for not coming forward. They are looking just as involved as the other two IMHO.

The yukon isnt equipped to pull the trailer.

'There are more drug users in Canadian jails and prisons than there are in treatment programs'

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/SEN/C...rary/riley-e.htm#8. Correctional Institutions

Now, is that saying they are using drugs in prison, or were drug users when they went in?

The reason I'm asking is that some prisons don't have particulary good withdrawal programs for inmates. And many prisons are awash with illegal drugs. I don't know about Canada, or the exact holding conditions of MS and if illicit drugs would be available to him.

It would be interesting to know though, as someone in serious withdrawal would probably talk their head off after a couple of days, for the chance of some medication. Anyone know if users are automatically put on a program as soon as they enter the system in Canada?

From the same link you posted but lower down the page-
'Drugs in Prison

The Parliamentary Ad Hoc Committee on AIDS heard evidence that up to 50% of inmates may use drugs. In a 1995 survey, 40% of 4285 federal inmates self-reported having used drugs since arriving in their current situation. That there is extensive drug use and drug dealing in prisons should come as no surprise for several reasons:'

I wish I knew the answer to your question about treatment programs in jail. I's also like to know how the drugs get into the prison???? I'm sure I'd be mad once I did know but :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian