SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Nurmi looked at him at times with open admiration...LOL

Yeah, well it wasn't good enough. If a juror didn't like juan, they didn't like the prosecution cause he worked alone. Would have liked to see a woman cross her on a lot of that stalking sneaky stuff.

Ask him if he's happy with the penalty verdict. Ask Bigfoot and his bunion. Bet they like it - looked as shocked as...Bob Kardashian (almost).

Is anyone else still totally bummed about the ending outcome???

After hearing from Juror No 8 and the alternate I'm going over and over in my head what if?? What if??? Did Jodi really get lucky?? And why should luck befall upon someone like Jodi?? Doesn't seem fair that Jodi got that lucky! It could have so easily gone the other way!!!

And I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of how the foreman convicted Jodi??? I mean he seems totally smitten with Jodi how did he convict her???

I'm glad he voted in what he believed in. It was his choice and that doesn't make him dishonest!

Sorry for the delay in posting this reply, but I have been away for several hours.

This first part below in quotations is my original post from 5:15 that Wishbone is commenting about (above).

"I have owned my own business for years and at one point had a staff of just under 50. Hiring people was the most important thing I did and over the years I could tell pretty quickly who was trustworthy and who wasn't. No, I haven't met the foreman in person, but it didn't take too long for me to not trust this guy. (all due respect)"

The reason I said I didn't trust the jury foreman is because he said when he was brought into the jury originally that he could vote for the DP if it was warranted. Then he goes on to say after the trial that he shouldn't have to decide whether someone lives or dies. Ok so maybe he changed his mind during the trial or perhaps during the deliberations. Imho (and I stress this is my opinion based only on my life experience of hiring many, many people) if he did indeed change his mind and he wasn't able to make a decision if someone should live or die...then he should have bowed out. He was going back on what he said he could do - thus to me that is not a trustworthy thing to do. Even though I want the DP for CMJA I would have respected the foreman if he would have given her life. Wishbone you said because he voted for what he believed it doesn't make him dishonest. What makes him dishonest is saying he was able to determine life or death and when he realized he couldn't he should have spoken up and told the judge. Continuing to be a part of the jury knowing that to me is not right, he should have told JSS. The judge is the boss, not him, it would have been up to her to decide how to handle the situation.

Just to take it a step further I could mention many examples of why I feel this way, but I will just give one. Years ago I hired a secretary....interviewed her, asked her if she could answer phone calls, type reports, and so forth. She agreed that she would do all those things. I believed her and trusted that she would do the jobs I hired her to do. After a short time on the job she didn't fulfill any of her duties that she signed up for leaving me in a real mess. I lost trust in her because I hired her based on what she told me and what she filled in on her application.

The last thing I want to say is again - if this foreman would have talked to the judge she may have brought in one of the alternates and who knows just maybe now the Alexander's, all the lawyers, the judge and so many other people wouldn't be in this predicament. Not to mention the millions of dollars more this will cost the state of Arizona. I don't get the feeling he realizes the ramifications and how serious it is to say you could do a certain thing and then not keep your end of the bargain. And it is not because he didn't choose the DP. It concerns me gravely and it makes it even more disturbing that it is the foreman that is saying the things he is. I am very anxious to hear from other jurors and also to find out how much actual control a jury foreman has.

Heh. I'm not really that familiar with legalese. I am familiar with fallacious arguments. As in: 1. Consider the source. 2. Anecdotal fallacy.

I have no idea what the bold is referring to so can't respond. Please feel free to be a little more direct if you can without violating the TOS

I'm not clear on Jodi's lifestyle and living arrangements in jail before and during the trial.

Before the trial, she was part of the general population and had a roommate. Is that correct?

Then, when trial began, I understood she was moved to a single cell and was no longer able to socialize with others, right?

:seeya:
Hi Chelly,
Just wanted to tell you that I saw your avatar in my peripheral vision and thought it was a big ole' hairy spider! Almost had to get out the defibrillator!:floorlaugh::scared::floorlaugh:

I guess I'm missing the trial because I felt it was taking us to a finish. Now, there is much unfinished business and no real sense of closure...except thankfully for the M1.

LOL!!!!! Just caught on to the reference to 18....LOL!!!! I'm 68 so my brain is slowing down...

I hear ya Chelly. I'm 63 and I am majorly slowing down. I have to be doing something more positive in my life (other than true crime stuff). I'm an addict apparently ... gotta work on that ..... LOL!!

After hearing from Juror No 8 and the alternate I'm going over and over in my head what if?? What if??? Did Jodi really get lucky?? And why should luck befall upon someone like Jodi?? Doesn't seem fair that Jodi got that lucky! It could have so easily gone the other way!!!

And I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of how the foreman convicted Jodi??? I mean he seems totally smitten with Jodi how did he convict her???
Where can I find what Juror 8 had to say? TIA
Never mind I am so tired, it just dawned on me who juror 8 is. LOL

JW's impersonation/mocking attempt was infinitely more offensive to me in the court of law than JM and his established "pitbull" style... I mean, I was laughing at JW it was embarrassing and disrespectful.. It was a debacle and if she was trying to prove a point by it, she failed IMO! I got no kind words for her.
Moo

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I just thought she was terrible. She was like a rat terrier with a tennis ball. She never let anything go, even when she was losing the point. Or she'd just casually misstate something like it was fact----she did that many times.

My favorite was her comparing TA getting shot in the head to someone walking into the ER with an arrow in their head. Not even close, Jenny.
I did enjoy watching Dr. de Marte grind her into the ground, I admit. She was way out of her league with that witness.

Nurmi is very dull to listen to. But I do think he loathed his client so he gets points for that.

stunning to me to see those young women who seem like they would be productive decent citizens living like that....society is really messed up if this is the makeup of our prisons. Those girls look like they should be working in the world ....wow. Drugs, money.....truly sad.

Strange that it is a little community too...

I'm watching it now. What an education for me! Thanks for link pollypockets.

I'll tell you who was lucky was Casey Anthony. Nothing stuck to her. I would have given anything to get there what we got here.

However, I have never understood how anyone on our board here could deny that Travis was verbally abusive to Jodi.
MOO

SBM

I 100% wholly, completely categorically, unequivocally do not believe TA abused his murderer mentally and/or emotionally. I would bet my mother on it, I'm that convinced.

The convicted murderer has BPD with psychopathy. Without ratting myself out here, I know the type like the back of my hand. Believe me when I tell you that it is possible to push someone/manipulate a person to the point of madness. TA's responses were the direct result of her outrageous behavior and not first blood drawn by him. They were REACTIONS to her never ending torrent of emotionally manipulative, high schooler garbage. Death by a 1000 cuts, first mentally, then physically.

The DT took a handful of texts out of 80,000+ communications and hoped someone would drink the kool-aid. The foreman fell for it hook, line and sinker. He was buried by an avalanche of duplicitous snow made exponentially more embarrassing by the bravado he showed during post-verdict interviews.

I had never seen this part of the 48 Hrs interview, from the reporter's viewpoint.

I knew she was shallow and vain and narcissistic but da. yum.

And from just this 3.5 minute video I can see how a sheltered guy like Travis did not stand a chance against her when she decided she wanted him. No, I don't believe he walked up to her and stuck out his hand. She was on HIM.

Just da. yum.

Meeting CMja

:seeya:
Hi Chelly,
Just wanted to tell you that I saw your avatar in my peripheral vision and thought it was a big ole' hairy spider! Almost had to get out the defibrillator!:floorlaugh::scared::floorlaugh:

Sometimes my avatar skeers ME...:floorlaugh:

I just thought she was terrible. She was like a rat terrier with a tennis ball. She never let anything go, even when she was losing the point. Or she'd just casually misstate something like it was fact----she did that many times.

My favorite was her comparing TA getting shot in the head to someone walking into the ER with an arrow in their head. Not even close, Jenny.
I did enjoy watching Dr. de Marte grind her into the ground, I admit. She was way out of her league with that witness.

Nurmi is very dull to listen to. But I do think he loathed his client so he gets points for that.

The only time I thought she was effective at all was her Closings. Her directs were strictly by the book and her crosses painful

I'll tell you who was lucky was Casey Anthony. Nothing stuck to her. I would have given anything to get there what we got here.

Good point.

Why are some people angry with the jury foreman? I appreciated what he had to say. Is there a concern that his remarks will further taint the next jury that is going to be impaneled?

I know that there are VERY strong feelings on our board that this case was a slam dunk for the Death Penalty and given that is was in the state of AZ, I am surprised that it didn't happen.

Jodi murdered Travis Alexander. The jury found her guilty of first degree murder and found the killing to be especially heinous.......I agree that the killing was horrific with a rage and cruelty that is unbelievably disturbing and truly sickening.

However, I have never understood how anyone on our board here could deny that Travis was verbally abusive to Jodi. That is NO WAY excuses her behavior. I thought that the superman/spiderman underwear and rapist allegations were preposterous and reprehensible but the verbal and emotional abuse were indisputable. It was there in black and white in emails, text messages, and recorded conversations....we heard and read the ups and downs of the toxic relationship.
I thought that what the foreman had to say was sensible.....he like you didn't buy that it wasn't premeditated. He saw the epic pain of the family and the tragic killing of a young man.....but he also was able to acknowledge that she was emotionally abused. That isn't an excuse, but it is a factor to consider in the sentencing phase IMO. All of the sum and substance of the prior jury decisions would have been served with a Life Sentence without possibility of parole.
MOO

This was a horrific, brutal killing. It was premeditated and the murdrerer has pranced around on TV gloating over her life and showing ABSOLUTELY no remorse. I do NOT like what this juror had to say. I agree with most of your post ... but not the first part (not at all). This "foreman" did NOT deliberate properly in my opinion. I am disappointed ... so disappointed. Thus guy is arrogant, controlling and ... yes (I'll just say it) .. he's looking for his fifteen minutes. I haven't seen much of him, but it didn't take me long to recognize what a BIG ego he has. He should NOT have been the foreman and I wish the others on the jury had asked to have him removed.

Again ... as in previous posts ... I am thankful for the verdict. She will NEVER be free and will live a horrible, horrible life and will most likely die before she ever gets put to death. Either way ... it's gonna be what she deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatataPoha