SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~ Yes, low self-esteem imo.

I've always taken a hard line on this subject:

If you (generic "you") place responsibility for how you feel on someone else, you're an accomplice.

If a guy is having "sacred" sex with you without committing, it isn't "sacred" and if you're having sex with him without the commitment you want and need, you're weak for allowing him to determine your worth.

I just have no patience for those kinds of self-inflicted wounds.

/Hard line

I get very confused when people voice a concern about Travis calling Jodi names AFTER she has done horrible things to provoke him. I have a feeling I would be doing more than name calling if someone taped a private conversation of mine and tried to use it against me.

Can people REALLY call that abuse??? Seriously???

At what point is Jodi responsible for the way she is treated? In the sex tape Travis asks her if she thinks what they are doing is wrong and she says if it is she doesn't want to be right, (paraphrasing). Yet he is to blame for it.

If the sexes were reversed in this case it would have been a done deal. MOO

BY
Blaming the victim, Travis, ruins so many threads.....but, some are very determined that he is to blame for his own murder. So odd.

If the genders were reversed few would be blaming JA for her death. Women are never abusive and when a woman kills a man it means he has to have been mean and abusive. Men are never supposed to be naiive and are dumb and are always ruled by their second heads. Men are always supposed to pick signals on women that are dangerously crazy. They are cruel and mean if they are only friends with benefits...because only men want that and not women. If a woman goes along with that that means he must be lying to her and leading her on because no "decent" woman would ever want that. No way could men and women use each other for pleasure only-only cruel sex-crazed men do that and women are always the naiive victims. /ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SARCASM ONLY

I have followed many crimes where women are killed by their husbands/boyfriends/exes and there is often much sadness and outpouring of grief and speaking well of the victim and the dynamics of an abusive (any type of abuse) relationship are hashed and rehashed and ones feel bad for the victim. Not often do we see that with regards to Travis or other male victims. I am so burned out of the double-standards.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know if the defense and prosecutor are given time after the trial, before the jury is dismissed, to interview the jurors? I mean, I would think they would want to ask them questions which would help them in other cases, as far as what techniques worked and what didn't, how jurors think, etc.. Because these media interviews so far have been very condensed and short, and I would think the attorneys would have specific questions they would want to ask.

I heard/read a media report that neither JM or KN bothered to do the "usual" post verdict meeting with the jury. I think is is standard in most jurisdictions. You can always ask on the legal question thread for an answer from one of our wonderful attorneys.

My last posting about taking CMJA back to Travis' bathroom so she will finally be forced to re-live and think about what she did....has got me thinking...

Remember when she told the jury that she's gone over her journal "constantly" over the past 5 years. I think she has practically memorized every line of it. And then in her allocution, she was talking about how she's gotten "many offers" to teach people to read but she hasn't done it yet because she was busy preparing for this case (but she would do it later! Promise!). And her whole story which was made up of smaller stories, made up individual made-up lines, which were all memorized. And she had memorized to a very great degree, because even when taken out of order, she could still go back to her memorized lines. It makes me think how much time it must have taken her to make up all these stories, and then memorize all the lines, and then practice everything. I know she had a lot of time in jail, but that's my point - she filled that time up with getting ready for this case. She was a busy lady. She didn't even have time to help one person with their Spanish or reading, b/c she was too busy memorizing lines and thinking about her case. In the meantime she also drafted letters to the judge and her attorneys, drafted the pedo letters, etc..

All of this has helped her avoid thinking about the reality of what she's done. She hasn't been forced to re-live the moments and think about her actions, b/c she's been so busy preparing for her case and in her fake movie-land.

And this has me thinking...if she gets the death penalty...she will keep her mind occupied for many, many years focusing on stories and agendas for appeals. If she gets LWOP and no possiblity of appeal, she will no longer have the case to occupy her mind and allow her to avoid thinking about what she did. This might be the better punishment.....

But then I think...with the death penalty, yes she'll have a good 15 years or so for appeals and busying herself with appeals, but then she will die. And that will be the end. With life, she won't have distractions she can escape to, but yet she will have a long life.

I'm still sticking with the death penalty.

Hey can anyone guess the upcoming case I'm excited about...

CLUE: smash smash smaa'aash! :peace:

I suppose some of the people believe Jodi was abused and needed help and much needed intervention. Basically, a societal failure.

I personally, remind myself of the autopsy photos, Travis' beautiful green eyes, the Alexanders, and the life was cut too short. And Jodi got M1 ... so far.

I get very confused when people voice a concern about Travis calling Jodi names AFTER she has done horrible things to provoke him. I have a feeling I would be doing more than name calling if someone taped a private conversation of mine and tried to use it against me.

At what point is Jodi responsible for the way she is treated? In the sex tape Travis asks her if she thinks what they are doing is wrong and she says if it is she doesn't want to be right, (paraphrasing). Yet he is to blame for it.

Frankly I was amazed he didn't write a nastier text message! If I remember it correctly there are a lot of names and other nasty words he could've used but he didn't.

I guess. I guess what i'm trying to say is why did Jodi attach herself like a deadly parasite and he couldn't escape. :stormingmad:

You have plenty of time to find the one. :seeya:

Because thats how men and women like her work. Travis is one of many (male or female) that for some complex reason are not able to fully extricate themselves from toxic people until its way too late. There's often a huge co-dependent component...he was also exposed to toxicity in parental relationships growing up...could have still affected him somewhat even though with his grandma's help he turned into a very productive person.

b4 and during the trial she was in a pod, where she could - but didn't have a room mate - and there are i thik 10 cells in the pod, and they have an open area w/ tv tables chairs and can talk and play cards - now she is in solitaire in the cell 23 hrs a day, w/ 1 hr to walk outside in the yard, but i think she has to do that alone too

<snipped by me to remove video>

IF this trial proceeds as currently planned, I am curious if we will see a very different Jodi. She will have had a couple of months preview of what her life will be like when trial is over. I wonder if she will be even more defiant, or will it have broken her spirit? :what:

Not disagreeing with you AA, but here are my thoughts:

If a guy consistently had sacred sex with me but wasn't committing to me and lying to people about us, i'd feel like an object.
I'd be happy to bet they had both agreed to a "Friends with Benefits" type situation. Whilst Travis could handle it, the CM couldn't. Perhaps when he began to work with his bishop, he then started to pull away from this but not everyone and perhaps more when they are young treats sex at this age as "sacred".

ETA

InALandFarFarAway said:

If you (generic "you") place responsibility for how you feel on someone else, you're an accomplice.

If a guy is having "sacred" sex with you without committing, it isn't "sacred" and if you're having sex with him without the commitment you want and need, you're weak for allowing him to determine your worth.

/Hard line
Yes that is a hard line and IMO a real generalisation of what can be a "friends with benefits" type situation. I have to diagree on your judgements re weakness too.

/Hard line

ITA, well said!

Exactly. I seriously don't know how Travis kept his cool so much.

BY

If the genders were reversed few would be blaming JA for her death. Women are never abusive and when a woman kills a man it means he has to have been mean and abusive. Men are never supposed to be naiive and are dumb and are always ruled by their second heads. Men are always supposed to pick signals on women that are dangerously crazy. They are cruel and mean if they are only friends with benefits...because only men want that and not women. If a woman goes along with that that means he must be lying to her and leading her on because no "decent" woman would ever want that. No way could men and women use each other for pleasure only-only cruel sex-crazed men do that and women are always the naiive victims. /ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SARCASM ONLY

I have followed many crimes where women are killed by their husbands/boyfriends/exes and there is often much sadness and outpouring of grief and speaking well of the victim and the dynamics of an abusive (any type of abuse) relationship are hashed and rehashed and ones feel bad for the victim. Not often do we see that with regards to Travis or other male victims. I am so burned out of the double-standards.

Double standards suck, you are so right. If the roles were reversed, TA would have gotten the DP within 1 week of trial.

BTW, low self esteem and Jodi Arias are strangers. She must have 20,000 pictures of just herself and took a modeling
job. She was so proud of herself and her body. Master manipulators do not have low self esteem.

Oh, and the book was boring.

No, she borrowed 2 of the gas cans from ex-boyfriend Darryl Brewer in Monterey, CA on the way to Mesa from Yreka.

I believe she means CKJA paid DB in some other way. This was more than borrowed gas cans.

I'd be happy to bet they had both agreed to a "Friends with Benefits" type situation. Whilst Travis could handle it, the CM couldn't. Perhaps when he began to work with his bishop, he then started to pull away from this but not everyone and perhaps more when they are young treats sex at this age as "sacred".

Here's my take: They agreed to friends with benefits. Jodi thought she could sleep her way to her mans heart .. he thought she was cool with 'keeping things casual' there's a lot of reasons why he should have seen that she was full of it .. when he did, he tried to pull away and used the church, desire for marriage as an excuse .. Jodi felt like her last thread of hope had been pulled away, then she got angry, then she felt used, then she got revenge JMO.

Because thats how men and women like her work. Travis is one of many (male or female) that for some complex reason are not able to fully extricate themselves from toxic people until its way too late. There's often a huge co-dependent component...he was also exposed to toxicity in parental relationships growing up...could have still affected him somewhat even though with his grandma's help he turned into a very productive person.

I really have to wonder how this would have played out if Travis would have killed Jodi for using the tape to try to ruin him. Who would have been seen as abusive then?

Is name calling worse than blackmail?

Not aimed at you just jumping off your post.

And I couldn't say it any better.....

Disgustipated, Arizona

EggTreeNews Word of the Week:
BEFUDDLED- tr.v. be·fud·dled, be·fud·dling, be·fud·dles
1. To confuse; perplex.
Example: When 12 reasonable people agreed a soulless demon committed a brutal premeditated murder, but failed to agree on any punishment whatsoever, it left mankind BEFUDDLED.

"I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is local succubus Jodi Arias has been tried and convicted of the horrific first degree murder of Travis Alexander. No matter what, she has been branded guilty as sin. So we’ve got that much goin’ for us. The confounding bad news is, the same jury that unanimously determined the blackhearted demon’s guilt also deadlocked on how best to punish her."
http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member