GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, objection, explanation, Judge asks just what is the relevance of this testimony? More explanations from prosecution, judge sustains.....

Gotta love a judge that gets to the point without sidebars. :rockon:

Some of these photos are taken by a friend of the victim's on their cell phone? Someone named Jackie ?

Why the heck doesn't the prosecutor use a mic when he objects? The defense atty. is trying to be even slower talking than Nurmi.

Anyone know if the defense attorneys are public defenders or did the defendant actually hire them??

I want to see that diagram the defense is using for the way the fire went, and where the pour area was for the accelerant. I wonder why we are not being shown that? Is it just because the courtroom isn't set up right?

Why the heck doesn't the prosecutor use a mic when he objects? The defense atty. is trying to be even slower talking than Nurmi.

I don't think they have enough mics to go around.

:lol: On the slllllooooowwwweeerrrr talking then Nuuuurrrmmmmiiiii comment

Afternoon break time, back in 15 minutes

x4vac.png

Anyone know if the defense attorneys are public defenders or did the defendant actually hire them??

Val Wachtel defended the Carr's last year under the Kansas Board of Indigent Defense Services. Not sure about this case though. He is listed as a private practice lawyer.

Roger Falk the other defense attorney is also listed as a private practice attorney.

The Kansas Board of Indigent Defense Services is:

The statutory mission of the State Board of Indigents' Defense Services is to provide, supervise and coordinate, in the most efficient and economical manner possible, the constitutionally and statutorily required counsel and related service for each indigent person accused of a felony and for such other indigent persons as prescribed by law.

The State Board of Indigents' Defense Services (SBIDS) was created by the 1982 Legislature for the purpose of providing indigent felony defense services as required by the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

I am not sure how to find out if Mr. Seacat hired these attorneys or if they were asked to defend him under the above service.

Wondering what I missed in testimony about the actual gun and ballistics.

There were two shots fired?

I heard on HLN that the entry was on the side of the neck and exited out the back of the neck...is that correct?

I just want to say that this judge is not wasting time in this trial....I'm not use to a trial being ran so efficiently. :twocents:

I heard on HLN that the entry was on the side of the neck and exited out the back of the neck...is that correct?

One round to the head/neck was actually fired from the 12 o'clock position.
Rounds from positions 2, 4, 6 and 8 o'clock were cooked off, during the house fire.

Still don't know if it was one or two shots fired. How does HLN explain a bullet making a sharp turn (90 degrees)? Are they saying it ricocheted off the spinal column?

Well from what I remember from court and from this article there was more than one bullet hole but some of them were thought to have been shot off from the heat of the fire. The one hole in her neck under her ear is the one that both sides say was intentional.

"Falk acknowledged there was no dispute that an accelerant was used to set the fire early on April 30, 2011, at the Seacats’ home at 255 E. B Ave. There’s also no dispute that Vashti Seacat was found dead following the fire with a fatal gunshot wound to her neck just below her ear, he said."

http://www.kansas.com/2013/05/23/2814829/murder-or-suicide-dueling-theories.html

The autopsy report was not completed until right before the hearings and has not been released anywhere publicly. The only part of the report anyone from the public knows about is what was in court. All the reports and media accounts are from the ME testifying in court.

is the break still ongoing? on WAT and just getting the colored striped :waitasec:

is the break still ongoing? on WAT and just getting the colored striped :waitasec:

yup, me too colored stripes. So either they are still on break or the next witness did not want to be on video or audio.

I see the stand, but I have no sound!!!

ETA: sorry -- not the defendant on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid