CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Folks,

We are making a change in Dylan's case. From this point forward, facebook will not be allowed. No linking, no bringing information over, no discussing. This includes FMDR facebook.

If important information is posted about searches and it is brought to the attention of a moderator, we will review the information and post accordingly.

I know some posters will be disappointed and some, not so much. But... bottom line is that facebook has caused many, many problems in this case, on both sides of the fence and the competition over the parents, the facebooks, the searches, etc. has done nothing but cause more dissension, and derailed the threads on several occasions. Most importantly, it has taken the focus off Dylan. We need to focus on Dylan.

Where is Dylan?

Salem

Well, there you go with differences of opinion. I think 99% of parents with missing children, no matter what occupation, would feel somewhat miserable in their homes knowing that their child is not safely at home.

You know who I would love to hear Tricia do an interview with, not even sure if this is possible, but with one of his friends. R. maybe. I would love to hear what D's friends say about him.

Well, there you go with differences of opinion. I think 99% of parents with missing children, no matter what occupation, would feel somewhat miserable in their homes knowing that their child is not safely at home.

IMO MR probably has felt miserable in his own home not knowing where his son is for the past 7 months. That is another comment taken way out of context - he was describing his relief at being home after completing the errands that had him up and out of the house early that morning, and explaining why he had a nap. Everything this man says seems to be re-quoted out of context IMO.

You know who I would love to hear Tricia do an interview with, not even sure if this is possible, but with one of his friends. R. maybe. I would love to hear what D's friends say about him.

Not to speak for Tricia, but I doubt she would do an interview with a minor. I'm sure that Dylan's friends are missing him and sad about what has happened. Having their perspective of Dylan would be helpful to us because kids know things about other kids, parents might not be aware of. But having the minors in the media would not necessarily be good for them and we need to be careful and protective of them, kwim?

Salem

They went fishing together, but Dylan would quickly become bored and start skipping rocks or swimming in the lake instead. He wouldn’t just grab a fishing pole and head to the lake by himself, his mother said.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

You know who I would love to hear Tricia do an interview with, not even sure if this is possible, but with one of his friends. Ryan maybe. I would love to hear what D's friends say about him.

This heartfelt article and video that was posted by TxJan1971 (at the beginning of this thread) gives great in-depth insight on how his friends felt about him. Have a look, it is heartbreaking. And look at how they have participated in searches and fundraising. Dylan is so fortunate to have such a great group of kids as friends.

Okay...been mapping all night in another case, sweet elderly couple, Thank goodness they were found safe! ( [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9564945&postcount=39"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WI WI - Baeb, Leo 92 and Claire 80, Driving from Townsend to Green Bay, 12-June-2013[/ame] ); my brain is still in map mode...

Using other cases, I'm going to try to plug in some variables / formulas that seem to have presented themselves to me recently...

I would like to start with Lake Vallecito being the center point, approx 220 mile around circle, 110 miles in each direction (brainstorming, pls bear with me, lol)

<edit> That's pretty much it, lol. State Parks, Campgrounds, Lakes and Rivers within within this circumference / radius for a starting point.

JMO of course!

Re: the discussion about how LE handles cases, I have noticed that each case varies infinitely. JMO.

It depends upon the provider. Some actually do keep full copies of all text messages, including photos, and other media.

I put up a link on one of Dylan's threads months ago that had a chart of which companies keep which types of records, and for how long. I'll see if I can't find the website that provided the information. I think it was in reference to an ACLU lawsuit or some such thing...

ETA:
Cell Phone Location Tracking Request Response &#8211; Cell Phone Company Data Retention Chart
http://www.aclu.org/cell-phone-loca...ponse-cell-phone-company-data-retention-chart

NOTE: Given the recent information given publicly about the NSA collecting more data via contracts with service providers I'd hazard a guess that the amount of information saved, and the amount of time it is saved for is likely much longer than what this chart reflects. That said, just because NSA may have record of everything doesn't mean they would admit it, or work with the FBI in regard to giving them information that *shouldn't* be available through a straight subpoena of the service provider themselves.

Since I work in telecommunications as a paralegal, and part of my job is data retention policy enforcement and responding to criminal subpoeanas, I'll add my two pence.

The problem is the more data you store and the longer you store it for, the more space you need for it. At some point data needs to be purged as there is just no more room on the servers or in the cloud without great expense. Saving data of that sort is not a profit center and actually costs a company money, so it's generally not something a telecom puts a lot of priority on. And the boom of smartphones means that the data is so much more than just actual telephone calls now. The bandwidth being used is staggering.

Also, wireless service in the U.S. is not subject to all the same FCC requirements that telephone (landline) service is, so the data retention periods can vary because of that .

Finally, Law enforcement would have to subpoena the telecom for the full call detail (and text) records, which would include not just the originating/terminating phone numbers but subscriber names, addresses, contact information, method of payment, types of service features, length of service, associated numbers, and some other things I am too tired to remember right now :) Most subpoenas also require that we not notify our customer that their information has been subpoenaed. The other type of subpoena that could come into play is a "Preservation of Records" subpoena that requires us to save the data for a particular length of time.

Warrantless surveillance of telecommunications (aka National Security Letters) has been in place since the enactment of the Patriot Act. It's kind of interesting to me that this is now becoming a hot issue when it's been around for over a decade. But it's been in the spotlight before, just never quite this glaringly.

So, no official statement has been released re: Sutter being cleared of any involvement? (My post from last night asking about this was deleted; sorry Salem, lol....I'm guessing it included name calling about corrupt cops, sorry bout that...)

o/t, but thats the disadvantage of being on WS on the night shift...you post something and miss a huge chunk of conversation in the morning...sorry again if my post was inappropriate somehow, but one bad apple spoils the bunch (see, there I go again, I can't behave to save my life). I think this person needs to publicly cleared so we can move on if necessary. JMO.

Re: the discussion about how LE handles cases, I have noticed that each case varies infinitely. JMO.

You're right about that, different personalities, training, all factor in to the way an agency handles their cases. They won't necessarily follow the same procedure for different cases within their own jurisdiction that are similar. Probably because on case is EXACTLY like any other. IMO.

You know what, scratch my 220 mile formula; it is not working...a lot of time went by; chances are that he is as close as he is far. He could be anywhere.

:(

So, no official statement has been released re: Sutter being cleared of any involvement (my post from last night was deleted; sorry Salem, lol....I'm guessing it included name calling, sorry bout that...)

o/t, but thats the disadvantage of being on WS on the night shift...you post something and miss a huge chunk of conversation in the morning...sorry again if my post was inappropriate somehow, but one bad apple spoils the bunch (see, there I go again, I can't behave to save my life). I think this person needs to publicly cleared so we can move on if necessary. JMO.

I'm sorry I must have missed something, is there a link to an official statement that Sutter was possibly involved in Dylans disappearance or is it purely speculation?

I'm sorry I must have mised something, is there a link to an official statement that Sutter was possibly involved in Dylans disappearance or is it purely speculation?

Absolutely not! No statement indicating either way. Just trying to cover and clear the bases.

My gosh.. I know it's been mentioned here a bit but I wanted to post an article for those who want to read more. About the current fires in Colorado:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...6-people-evacuated-7500-and-8000-acres-burned

I don't know how close this is to EH's house but I think it's fairly close? Maybe someone who's done more looking at the map can tell for sure.

Feeling so sad for all the families involved tonight, and especially so for EH and MH if they're having to worry about their home on top of everything else.

Here&#8217;s a comment ER made during her interview with MB

<Snipped>

You know&#8230; He&#8217;s a 13-year-old boy. It&#8217;s not fair that he&#8217;s just out there in this big old world with no one to comfort him to reassure him that everything is going to be okay. That&#8217;s my job, and somebody&#8217;s taken that away from me, and it angers me.

My gosh.. I know it's been mentioned here a bit but I wanted to post an article for those who want to read more. About the current fires in Colorado:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...6-people-evacuated-7500-and-8000-acres-burned

I don't know how close this is to EH's house but I think it's fairly close? Maybe someone who's done more looking at the map can tell for sure.

Feeling so sad for all the families involved tonight, and especially so for EH and MH if they're having to worry about their home on top of everything else.

IIRC they live in Monument. That is WEST of I-25. Pre-evacuation areas are stopping at I-25 (for now). Here's a map to see:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206132177599720387286.0004dee98b2d544474f6f&msa=0

Bluesky.

I believe there might have been an argument about the football thing.

Black Forest Fire. There was some conversation about this area IIRC between me and azg a while back, the Castle Rock / Monument area...

When Dylan supposedly told Mark he couldn&#8217;t join the school football team, Mark didn&#8217;t say anything to reassure and comfort Dylan imo.

Perhaps the reason Mark criticized the school for their actions was because he wanted Dylan to feel rejected rather than accepted and appreciated. If Mark wanted Dylan to hold a grudge against the school for the way he was treated, it could potentially destroy the happiness and joy Dylan felt about going there.

Mark could have said something positive like, &#8220;Don&#8217;t worry about it, there is always next year&#8221; or, &#8220;You don&#8217;t like football anyway so it&#8217;s all good.&#8221;

Mark&#8217;s comment to Dylan could have caused Dylan to feel hostile and bitter because the school didn&#8217;t treat him fairly and that&#8217;s not good parenting imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther