TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot that LEK suffered from bulimia...and you're right T4Tide, the more you look, she does look like LEK.

I don't know... the more I look at THESE pictures, the more she appears to favor this girl. There are tons of discrepancies in her missing files, too. One describes her as 5'6" and 150lbs, and the other at 6'0" 225lbs. If she had started to lose weight, and then struggled with bulimia... it's a possibility. She went missing in 1985, and the skinny FLEK pic is approx. from 1988.

Hey... and if you are gonna run away from Canada, Texas is about as far as you can get without crossing another border.

LLBerens.jpg

2uz73p0.jpg

somebody tell me if that blows your margins

Wow ... and the girl's name is "Lori" too!

I don't know... the more I look at THESE pictures, the more she appears to favor this girl. There are tons of discrepancies in her missing files, too. One describes her as 5'6" and 150lbs, and the other at 6'0" 225lbs. If she had started to lose weight, and then struggled with bulimia... it's a possibility. She went missing in 1985, and the skinny FLEK pic is approx. from 1988.

Hey... and if you are gonna run away from Canada, Texas is about as far as you can get without crossing another border.

LLBerens.jpg

2uz73p0.jpg

I was just looking at this girl. I agree with your take. There is a site out there where her cousin is looking for her. Wonder if she has better pics or has seen this.

and given the fact that Winnipeg is only 70 miles from the border, I'd be willing to bet she'd been to the States before.

LLBerens.jpg

2uz73p0.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. If this girl ran away and was heavy when she did, she may have developed Bulimia and may have struggled with it and not gaining weight for the rest of her life. Except for the extra weight, I think this girl looks quite a bit like LEK. In parts of Canada, there isn't much of a discernible accent, except the Canadians in the East say the word "About" as "A Boot" while the Canadians in the West say the word "About" (and words that rhyme with it of course as "A Boat".

I've been trying to zoom in on her hands in that full body shot. Maybe someone with better software can tell if her fingers appear longer than average?

If you look at this other picture of LL Berens, she looks less like LEK, IMO.

http://macp.mb.ca/results.php?id=561

What do you think?

That one doesn't look much like LEK but it also doesn't look like the other pictures of LL Berens. Which brings up the fact that pictures don't give the whole story and LEK just MAY look different than she did at one time.

Just went back and look at all our earlier (last year) postings about LL Berens-- it seems that there might be a FB page started by her cousin out there regarding LLB. Not sure if someone here contacted her about it or not.

and.... maybe that's why no one recognizes her in these smiling, skinnier photos of FLEK? Because she had lost a lot of weight and doesn't look like those around her remember her?

My daughter suggested Erica might be a last name. We looked up the spelling Airica and found a linguist/poet with a similar first name, who is very much alive and bears little resemblance, but interesting still to consider all possible names and links.

Personally, I think the middle name with E bears some significance to her real name, since she chose to give her daughter a middle name with an E also.

Also, the new last name she choose for herself, Kennedy, and her daughter's middle name have the same sound/syllables to them. Coincidence, or something that rang true to her?

I know a lot of people who drop their first names and use their middle names. Don't know if that helps at all. fixation with the 'E' is telling. I'd assume too that it had connection to her bio given name but then again, it could be a connection to a woman she was close to or looked up to. I can't believe she's this much of an enigma. To be on all the media outlets and social media too and yet NO ONE REMEMBERS HER?!?! How is that even possible in this day n' age? She was social and she did travel and by her accounts had once a very social occupation. She went to a UNI and would have to have taken GED courses. No one is coming forward. This is just freaking weird.

I can't even tell her ethnicity and usually I'm rather good at that.

Also, the new last name she choose for herself, Kennedy, and her daughter's middle name have the same sound/syllables to them. Coincidence, or something that rang true to her?

Kennedy, Rockefeller are two names many 'con artists" use. It's a name with social standings and such. Does anyone know if she moved within socialite / old money circles?

Kennedy, Rockefeller are two names many 'con artists" use. It's a name with social standings and such. Does anyone know if she moved within socialite / old money circles?

That's a good point. Apparently her husband's family had the "old family money/Social Standing" thing going on. They met at church; possibly she targeted him because of that?

I think she targeted her widow because of how naive he was. They went from perfect strangers to married in a year span. i think she knew she was at the point in her life where she needed to have some roots, she wasn't getting any younger and you can only keep changing ages and identity for so long.

ah crap cindy, i sent you a pm asking for it, but I don't think you can send/read them till you have 25 or 50 posts.

So, could you make up a riddle or something so I can try to figure it out?

Maybe she kept in touch with her family mainly by mail for some time, and wasn't reported missing until much later if at all? If she had a PO box under her real name it would still not be connected with her.

Anyway, I sort of like http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/769dfco.html http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lucas_laurie.html Laurie Renee Lucas because Aurora to Boulder (where the known PO Box was) is a do-able distance but far enough away that she may have felt it was hidden enough. Also. Laurie supposedly went to Texas and then disappeared... maybe her murderous ex really is telling the truth and didn't kill her.

ah crap cindy, i sent you a pm asking for it, but I don't think you can send/read them till you have 25 or 50 posts.

So, could you make up a riddle or something so I can try to figure it out?

Oh...so that is why I cant PM...darn!

I don't really know enough yet anyway...but you are right; after the divorce some went to MA. I am not sure...but I doubt MA has much to do with LEK.

It will help to find out the first wife's maiden name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde