GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised LE & especially FBI are letting the boys who found her and/or their parents talk about what they found. There is an active investigation going on.

I agree, I also worry about anyone driving a red truck with a green paint splotch is now a different color.

I agree with this, they want their kids to have the freedom and fun they had running around the neigbourhood. You should be able to let your kids out, but you just can't take that risk in reality.

It really wasn't an innocent time back in the day either. Abductions/murder/rape, it all happened. You just didn't hear about it. The media has played a huge part in making cases like this known.

I agree. Plus how do you determine what is neglect in these cases and what isn't? Is there a certain radius a child can go alone at a certain age that is allowed?

I thought it was just common sense not to let a five year old run around the neighborhood alone. :confused:

The belt detail makes me think she was abducted or killed in a vehicle or neighbor's home and needed to get rid of her ASAP. It could even be a belt the perp was wearing at the time. But Alanna's hands and feet were tied so did the perp run out of rope/twine or did he use some other material to do the hands/feet binding. I hope the belt helps to identify the perp. He would have changed clothes immediately, IMO. Tarp and belt missing. I'm thinking local. It's the very beginning of summer holiday here in Canada. When did school finish in the area? If it's a sexual offender/pedo, he's been watching and waiting for a kid to grab since then. The Saginaw neighborhood looks great and so kid friendly to me. I can't wait to find out more info and whether the area is safe. JMO

I live near the area and it is a very nice, "safe" area. I have friends that live in Saginaw. One on the same street where this happened and one very close to where she was found.

That said, I would never allow a 6 year old to play all day unsupervised. I think the other neighbors also let their children play out, but checked on them regularly and had rules in place. Sounds like Alanna's parents did not check on her much at all. I know something can happen in a flash, so it could have happened to one of the other children as well....which makes me wonder if the perp knew that Alanna's parents did not check on her. ??

And thank god my friends that live on Babbling Brook are away on vacation right now.

Someone asked how long school has been out....I don't remember the precise date, but it's been out for about a month or so.

Also, leaving her on the street is odd and makes me think the perp wanted her found. And even then, it's odd because it was still daylight out....god how I wish someone had seen! There are fields not far at all from where she was placed and 3 area lakes nearby.

I pray they find whoever did this and fast!

A rush job, inexperienced, no rope or twine to tie up the tarp around her. JMO

I believe the article being referred to reported the child who found her saw a belt wrapped around the tarp...

JMO

Does anyone find it interesting that Opal Jennings went missing less than 2 miles from the intersection where Alanna Gallagher was found? Now there was an arrest in Opal's case but it's been on my mind of the close proximity of these two cases. It could be just a coincidence but I wonder if there's anyone out there that might be a tie between the two.

It does seem very odd to me. This is a community of only 20,000. For them to have had two little girls snatched by a predator and brutally murdered, that seems extremely off to me. Saginaw only had five murders between 1980 and 2006!

I'm looking at my 5 year old and wondering who in their right mind would let a child that age be unsupervised outside. It's just insanity and bad parenting IMHO.

If the parents aren't directly connected to her death, I hope they're charged with neglect for allowing this to happen. JMO :banghead:

You should check out Cherish Perrywinkle's case..

Does anyone find it interesting that Opal Jennings went missing less than 2 miles from the intersection where Alanna Gallagher was found? Now there was an arrest in Opal's case but it's been on my mind of the close proximity of these two cases. It could be just a coincidence but I wonder if there's anyone out there that might be a tie between the two.

I do find it interesting. Especially because the guy that was charged in the Opal case was not playing with a full deck. He claimed he picked her up and took her to a store, but did not kill her. He was tried twice I believe...first was a mistrial, second he was found guilty. I always wondered if he confessed to "taking her to the store" because of interrogations and that he really didn't. Seems like he also said something outlandish like Opal "came on to him and was flirting with him". Sicko. I wish I could remember if they actually found any evidence like blood, hair, dna in his vehicle.

As that search continued, Saginaw police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said investigators were in a “holding pattern” as they awaited the official identification of the child, thought to be 5 or 6 years old, from the medical examiner.

(snip)

Saginaw Police Chief Roger Macon said in an email that the parents were “in our building [Tuesday] meeting with victims’ assistance coordinators and chaplains. The sole line of questioning at this point has been in an attempt to narrow the timeline on when they last saw their daughter,” he said.

Child Protective Services received a report of the girl’s death, and the girl’s parents agreed to let her two siblings stay with family friends, agency spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...th-of-young-girl-dumped-on-saginaw-street.ece

I'm surprised LE & especially FBI are letting the boys who found her and/or their parents talk about what they found. There is an active investigation going on.

The stories have changing details. I wonder if its the eyewitnesses or the media changing it? Also, I must say if my teenager happened to make a discovery like this- especially of a 5 year old nude & bound child- the media would be the last people we would be speaking with. LE and the FBI? Absolutely. But the media would be no where near my kid.

ETA: I say that because I do personally think that too many details have been given about how she was found (naked/or in purple underwear; hands & feet bound/or bound by a belt; bag on head/or entire body in a bag then wrapped in tarp). LE hasn't come out to Reassure the people that they are safe but they also haven't issued a statement that there is a killer on the loose, either. Obviously there is someone out there who knows what happened to Allana because she didn't do this to herself.. There could be someone who is seeing these teens on TV- possibly the driver of the red truck.. Who's to say they won't try to harm these teen witnesses? Too risky for me. No media!

I believe the article being referred to reported the child who found her saw a belt wrapped around the tarp...

JMO

Yes, I know. Did I say it was wrapped around Alanna? I meant around the tarp around Alanna. I mentioned about the perp not using rope or twine so a rush job, IMO. I'm also worried that the perp may have strangled her with the belt.

It does seem very odd to me. This is a community of only 20,000. For them to have had two little girls snatched by a predator and brutally murdered, that seems extremely off to me. Saginaw only had five murders between 1980 and 2006!

Again, it could be a total coincidence but Opal was also 6 years old and she was snatched while playing outside of her grandmother's house. I heard 'Saginaw, Texas' and instantly I thought of Opal.

I saw some questions - here are some answers:

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

The rules can be found right here: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Salem

FW Star-Telegram ‏@startelegram 59m
RT @mingoramirezjr: Saginaw PD: Have received over 40 good tips on red truck seen near area where little girl's body found Monday.

Jeff Smith ‏@JeffSmithNBC5 26m
Saginaw PD confirm FBI took evidence. FBI won't say what. A receipt of what was removed from parents car is itemized. @NBCDFW

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 24m
FBI search warrant return visible on front seat of car. Car registered to owner of saginaw home cops searched Tue. http://pic.twitter.com/f5YLbOs6gY

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 15m
Return says "plastic bags, blue/gray tarp, electrical tape", other items seized.
http://twitter.com/MarcusMoorewfaa

The stories have changing details. I wonder if its the eyewitnesses or the media changing it? Also, I must say of my teenager happened to make a discovery like this- especially of a 5 year old nude & bound child- the media would be the last people we would be speaking with. LE and the FBI? Absolutely. But the media would be no where near my kid.

I totally agree, I hope all this talking doesn't harm the case. The FBI should tell everyone to stop talking to the media. Do they have that power? If they do, they need to tell them to knock it off.

IMO, it's just to early in this case to make any assumptions. The media frenzy in the beginning of pretty much every case leaves for speculation and there is often miss reporting. Little by little the details will come out and as they do the circumstances will become more clear. At this point I can't determine who may be at fault.

I just hope that whoever is responsible will be brought to justice swiftly. It sounds like this was very sloopy, so I have hope for a quick resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chumbug