NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the location and condition of the car, is there any suspicion that he simply decided to get a new life? Were there any stressors in his life that might cause him to walk away? Just thinking out loud here as there is no shortage of books and online articles on how to disappear and it would not be the first or last time this has occurred.

it is not as easy as one might think, even less so when you dont have much money. Do you think he handled finances to be able to squirrel away that kind of money? IMHO no way. Especially if he "occasionally" took things to Arrow for "minimal" money.

Just my humble opinion of course, although I have worked with dv women who really needed to disappear and it is not an easy task...for long periods that is..that is why they have to keep moving

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Given the location and condition of the car, is there any suspicion that he simply decided to get a new life? Were there any stressors in his life that might cause him to walk away? Just thinking out loud here as there is no shortage of books and online articles on how to disappear and it would not be the first or last time this has occurred.

Yes, we have definitely considered that he left voluntarily. (I'd like to think not permanently, though.) The day the car was found (which was the day after he went missing), the police used dogs to try to track his scent in the area of the train station, and also two very large nearby properties (Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center, and Edgewood Preserve). They didn't hit on anything. Perhaps he didn't leave from where his car was found.

it is not as easy as one might think, even less so when you dont have much money. Do you think he handled finances to be able to squirrel away that kind of money? IMHO no way. Especially if he "occasionally" took things to Arrow for "minimal" money.

Just my humble opinion of course, although I have worked with dv women who really needed to disappear and it is not an easy task...for long periods that is..that is why they have to keep moving

We don't know what money he has, I would think if he planned this he had money put away.

I think its much easier for a man to vanish then a battered wife and mother with kids JMO

I'm hung up on what "open investigation" means. I honestly believe it means "if we get new information well make note of it in our files" or "if we get a very strong lead, we'll follow up on it". I do not believe it to mean "we have top secret information we need to fully investigate before we can share information, but when it's shared everything will make sense". at the very least they would say "we do believe there was foul play" they just wouldn't tell us at what point in RMs life he met with foul play, cuz that would jeopardize their investigation. (unless they needed publics help).

why do I believe they're not actually ACTIVELY investigating? on the IM fan page police scanners shed light on a call of a disoriented man knocking on someone's door late at night. IM and others called the police station... yet, who actually went to the house to speak with the caller? IM, not LE. if this is an active investigation LE would have followed up on that. in no way should IM be doing these things as SHE could jeopardize the investigation. if LE does not believe this is a crime, there is nothing to hold back. JMO.

We don't know what money he has, I would think if he planned this he had money put away.

I think its much easier for a man to vanish then a battered wife and mother with kids JMO

Good point and I believe your right, however that is assuming all dv women have kids. Very far from the reality sadly :(

Good point and I believe your right, however that is assuming all dv women have kids. Very far from the reality sadly :(

No not all have kids but I would say most do and its not very easy for them to remain hidden women alone have a better chance of never being found.

I think Robert prepared for this and has all he needs for however long he plans on being away.

It is possible that LE from talking to his employers and work buddies neighbors and friends by looking at his bank accounts and cell records of who he called and when has a pretty good pic of what may have happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin