CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
It has always been my understanding that Bryce called roadside assistance at 9am for gas. He received it a short time later (exact time unknown) & after the company processed that the call had been completed and done their paperwork, etc, Karen received a text message about a survey on the service around 12 noon. At that time she got in contact with the company who eventually put her in contact with the serviceman Christian who she asked to go see if Bryce was still there & he was at around 12:30.

There is no way Bryce called for gas at 9am and didn't get it until noon. Not even in Buttonwillow.

That survey text at noon on Thursday was the first indication to anyone that Bryce had not gone back to his apartment Wednesday night.

That sounds more plausible than the way we currently have it in the timeline.

If you or anyone can find MSM article or anything to support this version, pls post and I will update timeline. Thx

Per Yellow Camaro
"The area in which it appears a vehicle (presumably Bryce's) was stuck is BEHIND the fenced cell tower. "
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9837961#post9837961

The location where the vehicle was found (estimation based on the only picture I saw of the accident site and the topography of the area-I used telephone poles, hills, and bushes/trees) is about where it shows in this attached picture I posted a few threads back.

ETA: I had called it a cell tower, too, but I can refer to it as an antenna hereafter. That should cover everything.

BBM

I don't think he was trying to turn around by going around the radio tower. The road and shoulders are wide enough and the traffic at that time sparse enough to make a U-turn.

Yup... saw it earlier...but was told not to discuss the drug issue. Asked about the money being regulated to try to bring it in through that way, but was told it was normal to keep a reign on the money... so I dropped it.

Now that someone else has brought it up, typically in those convictions, the charges are higher and plea bargained down. ;) Think about that a bit... changes the course of the investigation...

More than experimented...which I don't blame the uncle for not knowing. I imagine it was kept hush hush between the parents and Bryce. Most parents don't want the neighborhood, and other parents and family to know about it. So no biggie that he didn't know.

Was kinda figuring it would be brought up with the lighter being found at the crash sight.

Yanno, the whole "spot Bryce!" thing is getting frustrating. I wish they'd just focus on the lake--and if he pops up in Oregon, New York, Timbuktu-AWESOME!

I have an eerie suspicion the lake is exactly where they'll find him. When, who knows. Especially since they're not looking there anymore.

Big fishing tourney there the end of this month. Will be lots of boats out...

Not sure what the Mod's think, but we do have to be considerate of the family members that may be reading this. They are going through enough and listing it as a possible stressor should be sufficient with the rather extensive post listing the conviction.

Just my opinion. I don't want them to feel they cannot post here without being "judged" about how they handle an internal family issue.

I completely agree. I don't think we should talk about it in a way that may be uncomfortable, disrespectful, or judgmental to the family.

It's just that everything is starting to make a *little* more sense to me now that we have this info -- why his mom may consider flying there on short notice, what he may have taken from the bag in the car, etc.

if his 12 months of supervision was over, why would it matter if he got into trouble...? he had already completed his time correct?

Okay, kinda sad reading the good samaritan's post on the FIND FB page, he is committed to what he has discovered in Port Orford, but LE has not verified (that town is quite protective of itself, IMPO!!) so it is a trying situation. Here's the informant's post - and you can read the rest on the FINDBryce page link below:
You know this makes me very sad because I was the person down there I know what I was told and I do not lie, I have someone else that was with me and can verify. I also know that everyone we talked to could say they had seen him and I had a black and white poster not colored , being my printer does not print colored. I am very frustrated and sadden by this. I am not like some of the others on here posting crap, I care and tried and this is how it ends.
This posted just a little bit ago, and Brian has responded: Find Bryce Laspisa FB Post Darn...

The week BL went missing was the first week of classes at Sierra College.
http://www.sierracollege.edu/academics/academic-calendar/2013/08/index.php

So we know he showed up for two classes on the first day of instruction (8/26) but don't know or may have to assume, as others have posted, that BL didn't attend any other class that week.

From our timeline:

M 8/26/13 Rocklin Bryce attended his speech class and web design class at Sierra College. Karen Laspisa, BL's mother, stated she had a “good normal conversation” with him.

BBM

I don't think he was trying to turn around by going around the radio tower. The road and shoulders are wide enough and the traffic at that time sparse enough to make a U-turn.

Good point! Then what was he doing? The obvious answer would be.....?

I completely agree. I don't think we should talk about it in a way that may be uncomfortable, disrespectful, or judgmental to the family.

It's just that everything is starting to make a *little* more sense to me now that we have this info -- why his mom may consider flying there on short notice, what he may have taken from the bag in the car, etc.

I agree. It might also explain why he was on a weekly allowance.

To me it gives me more reason to believe he was contimplating suicide. To me the text from his friend and the relationship he has with his parents push me more twords contimplating suicide. With the relationship he has with his parents, I don't think he could be hiding this long and not get in contact with them or at least a sign that he was alive. I really don't think he was trying to ditch the car in the lake because whatever was in that bag still would have been in the bag, in the car, in the lake. I think maybe he was thinking about driving the car into the lake, rolled the car, got hurt/ scared and wandered off.

There may be things that LE and family know that haven't been disclosed that prove he isn't at the lake and that's why they stopped looking there. :dunno::dunno:

Good point! Then what was he doing? The obvious answer would be.....?

He definitely was not trying to turn around. You have to purposely drive between 2 guard rails and around a fenced off tower. Plus if he wanted to turn around there is plenty of room to make a u-turn or even a 3 point turn.

if his 12 months of supervision was over, why would it matter if he got into trouble...? he had already completed his time correct?

What confuses me is if he was under supervision how would he be able to leave the state? I know here in Ca. If your on probation you are not allowed to leave the state.

Is supervision not the same as probation?

Thanks Voice4theSilent for the info about Bryce's conviction.

I've said it before, but I feel like I have to say it again -- This case reminds me SO much of the Maura Murray case. Now the two even have the legal trouble in common! It seems that Maura had been in trouble for credit card fraud and was on a 3 month probationary period for it at the time of her accident -- hence motivation to flee the scene.

I wonder if there's anything that we can learn from the case similarities? Probably not. I just had to mention it because it's blowing my mind right now.

Ughhh..that story gives me nightmares. I watched the 20/20 episode or something similar. So sad. Watching her poor dad talk about it and keep searching for her tears my heart out. Did you ever see the creepy video on YouTube of a older man laughing in a basement type setting saying happy anniversary on the date of her disappearance? Some have thought it could possibly be the person responsible. Very creepy to say the least!!

What confuses me is if he was under supervision how would he be able to leave the state? I know here in Ca. If your on probation you are not allowed to leave the state.

Is supervision not the same as probation?

As long as you communicate with the courts about your move ahead of time and transfer whatever needs to be taken care of to your new location, I imagine it would be ok. For example, if he had a probation officer then perhaps a probation officer in CA could supervise him rather than one in IL. If there was nothing nefarious about the move and he was not intentionally trying to avoid the law, but rather attend college I would imagine the court would make arrangements?

But IDK for sure, I have never been in that situation.

ETA: I see you said it is against the law to do so anyway in CA. Hmm, I wonder what the procedure would be in IL.

That is more than your average amt of mj. I wonder if he was selling.
In my day, pot was sold by the ounce (or by the pound ):1 oz, 1/2oz, or 1/4 oz. were usual amounts, and usually affordable if friends pooled their money.

Bryce's misdemeanor conviction for possession of 10-30 grams of marijuana suggests he was busted with less than an ounce, and that it was for his personal use. Had it been packaged for re-sale, there would have been additional charges for distribution.

The Sept. 12, 2013, San Diego Reader has an ad for medical marijuana for sale in amounts of 1/8 oz for $40.00, 1 ounce for $150.00, and 1 ounce of "indoor shake" for $110.00. All you need is a "pot card", which a "new patient" can get for $30.00 next door to the "pharmacy".

IMO, Bryce could have covered the expense of his personal supply of pot by re-selling 1/2 oz by gram weight, but he wouldn't have been making much money that way.

this is a COMPLETE game changer.

thanks for posting. The family must have known about this??

I agree... This is a complete game changer...

His motivation for "hiding" becomes more important... In my opinion...

JMO

This in part could be good reason for a "Fresh Start"

Here is a weird irony concerning the Illinois conviction. From January 1, 2011 in California the recreational possession of less than 30 grams (basically an ounce of marijuana; about a quart baggie full by volume) is an "infraction" that can carry no more than a $100 fine with NO record, court costs or required court appearances.

Since this is effectively decriminalization, the joke is that if one if white and speaks respectfully to LE they receive NO infraction and get to keep their weed!

This certainly provides a plausible explanation for BL's move to California out of the somewhat draconian state of Illinois.

As long as you communicate with the courts about your move ahead of time and transfer whatever needs to be taken care of to your new location, I imagine it would be ok. For example, if he had a probation officer then perhaps a probation officer in CA could supervise him rather than one in IL. If there was nothing nefarious about the move and he was not intentionally trying to avoid the law, but rather attend college I would imagine the court would make arrangements?

But IDK for sure, I have never been in that situation.

ETA: I see you said it is against the law to do so anyway in CA. Hmm, I wonder what the procedure would be in IL.

I just asked my husband and he said its up to the probation officer. If you have a valid reason for moving then you may be able transfer to a different state if you PO feels its a valid reason. He could be wrong so if anyone else knows feel free to correct me. I just know a good friend of mine was on probation last year and had to jump through hoops to get her probation cut short so that she could move to a different state. Her case was a felony charge so it may also be different for a lesser charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01