Guest Suggestions for True Crime Radio

Hello Tricia,

I'm so glad I've discovered your radio show since coming to Websleuths. I have a show topic suggestion, I hope you find it interesting.

Since the Travis Alexander trial began, it seems the whole country has taken an interest in what is going on in that courtroom in Arizona. Indeed, it was this trial that brought me to websleuths (first as a lurker, then as a cautious poster).

The threads fly by so quickly it's hard to keep up, but those of us who do have really developed a deep relationship with this trial--it is as if we take it personally. Indeed, just looking at the responses KatieCoollady generates (as she said on your show, in her PM box) overwhelms her and shows how we each have a story to tell. It seems like most everyone has a trauma or difficult life circumstance that ties them somehow to this case. "Mormon Attorney" I know, (just from her posts)--works with children and families who have attachment disorder, basically kids who can grow up to be Jodi (lack of empathy, lack of authentic connection to others, lack of identity).

What I'd like to suggest is an episode of "True Crime Radio" devoted to the regular forum participants. Forum participants can call in and talk about why this case means so much to them, what it is exactly that is drawing them to it almost obsessively. It would be about OUR psychology, since we've been on the merry-go-round of Jodi's psychology ad nauseum, but the case will be the unifying factor. Perhaps some of the really regular and long time members of Websleuths could be your guests, and the call in participants would share their stories.

You could post a request that TA/JA forum watchers consider the question "what draws you to this case" during the week to prepare for Sunday evening.

All the best,

This is the friendliest and most well mannered forum I have ever participated in.

Regards,
Lady Edith

I bet KatieCoollady would be willing to recommend some forum participants that she interacts with on a regular basis to prime the pump and get us going. Personally, I'd like to have KatieCoollady again, Britskate, and Mormon Attorney.

I think he would make a great guest his sister was murdered and her killer has not been found.

The show focuses on serial killers.
He would be a great guest for your show.

I too think Nancy Grace should at least be invited to appear on the radio broadcast. At least then, if she gets a written invitation, perhaps she will get the name of the website correct.

And if I knew for sure she was going to get a written invitation, I would surely want to send her an email urging her to appear........

Signed "AlwaysShocked from websleuths.com", of course!

You all bring up great points. I will invite Nancy to come on the show.

Hello Tricia,

I'm so glad I've discovered your radio show since coming to Websleuths. I have a show topic suggestion, I hope you find it interesting.

Since the Travis Alexander trial began, it seems the whole country has taken an interest in what is going on in that courtroom in Arizona. Indeed, it was this trial that brought me to websleuths (first as a lurker, then as a cautious poster).

The threads fly by so quickly it's hard to keep up, but those of us who do have really developed a deep relationship with this trial--it is as if we take it personally. Indeed, just looking at the responses KatieCoollady generates (as she said on your show, in her PM box) overwhelms her and shows how we each have a story to tell. It seems like most everyone has a trauma or difficult life circumstance that ties them somehow to this case. "Mormon Attorney" I know, (just from her posts)--works with children and families who have attachment disorder, basically kids who can grow up to be Jodi (lack of empathy, lack of authentic connection to others, lack of identity).

What I'd like to suggest is an episode of "True Crime Radio" devoted to the regular forum participants. Forum participants can call in and talk about why this case means so much to them, what it is exactly that is drawing them to it almost obsessively. It would be about OUR psychology, since we've been on the merry-go-round of Jodi's psychology ad nauseum, but the case will be the unifying factor. Perhaps some of the really regular and long time members of Websleuths could be your guests, and the call in participants would share their stories.

You could post a request that TA/JA forum watchers consider the question "what draws you to this case" during the week to prepare for Sunday evening.

All the best,

This is the friendliest and most well mannered forum I have ever participated in.

Regards,
Lady Edith

I bet KatieCoollady would be willing to recommend some forum participants that she interacts with on a regular basis to prime the pump and get us going. Personally, I'd like to have KatieCoollady again, Britskate, and Mormon Attorney.

This is a very good idea Lady Edith. THANK YOU

has Mark Redwine responded to your invitation to be on the show?

tia

No he has not. I don't want to appear to harass him but I will try one more time. I send a text and leave a voice mail.

The reason why it would be good for Mark Redwine to appear my radio show is because he can tell his story and take all the time he needs. We have no commercials, no time restraints.

I'm am going to treat him as I would any other guest, with respect.

No matter what my feelings on a case may be if someone is my guest I will always be polite. I may ask tough questions but I will do so respectfully and I will let the guest take as long as she/he wants to answer.

No yelling or name calling.

My radio show is one of the few places in the media where the guest can truly say what they want and take as long as they want to state their feelings.

Hi,

I don't know if this would fit into your subject matter, but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

I was just reading about the (very) cold case of Joseph Edwards [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145247"]LA LA - Joseph Edwards, 21 or 25, Vidalia, 12 Jul 1964 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

and I was just blown away by the coverage of this case by a Stanley Nelson of the Concordia Sentinel. I think any of us that read MP/True crime articles would be equally blown away.

This guy just doesn't let up. He obtained the FBI files (after the FBI said there was no file). LE has been unresponsive, so he has successfully sought out witnesses and clues on his own - and he's passed on this info to LE - but he didn't stop there. He followed up with these witnesses and even retired FBI agents that he's spoken with, and learned the LE never even contacted them. So he started putting pressure on LE, and publicizes this through his articles. He's been pushing this for at least 6 years now.

I think he's a fantastic example of the power of the media - and I wish more media outlets would follow his lead when it comes to missing persons. I'd love to hear his motivation for challenging the status quo, and maybe his take on the response he gets from the public and LE. And of course, if he'd be willing to feature more missing persons who desperately need his style of reporting.

Whatever happened to Joseph Edwards? Was he Silver Dollar Group target?
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=1135

Mysteries of the night Joseph Edwards disappeared
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=5161

Cold case witnesses, retired agents ignored by FBI in Edwards' probe
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=6830

There are several others, but these are a good representation.

Thanks for your consideration!

Hi,

I don't know if this would fit into your subject matter, but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

I was just reading about the (very) cold case of Joseph Edwards LA LA - Joseph Edwards, 21 or 25, Vidalia, 12 Jul 1964 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and I was just blown away by the coverage of this case by a Stanley Nelson of the Concordia Sentinel. I think any of us that read MP/True crime articles would be equally blown away.

This guy just doesn't let up. He obtained the FBI files (after the FBI said there was no file). LE has been unresponsive, so he has successfully sought out witnesses and clues on his own - and he's passed on this info to LE - but he didn't stop there. He followed up with these witnesses and even retired FBI agents that he's spoken with, and learned the LE never even contacted them. So he started putting pressure on LE, and publicizes this through his articles. He's been pushing this for at least 6 years now.

I think he's a fantastic example of the power of the media - and I wish more media outlets would follow his lead when it comes to missing persons. I'd love to hear his motivation for challenging the status quo, and maybe his take on the response he gets from the public and LE. And of course, if he'd be willing to feature more missing persons who desperately need his style of reporting.

Whatever happened to Joseph Edwards? Was he Silver Dollar Group target?
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=1135

Mysteries of the night Joseph Edwards disappeared
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=5161

Cold case witnesses, retired agents ignored by FBI in Edwards' probe
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=6830

There are several others, but these are a good representation.

Thanks for your consideration!

Just wanted to add that the case on its own is very interesting as well - corrupt police, Ku Klux Klan, and people who are trying to get someone to take the information they have/remember about this case. It would probably be easy to get a case insider on the show as well.

My vote is for the Sodder family. PLEASE showcase them. It's been so many years. Maybe someone will be able to help.

I have been lurking here a long time but have just started to enjoy the radio show, including older ones. Today I listened to the time Billie Dunn came on.. wow. So with that in mind here is some people I'd LOVE to hear you speak too.

A few have been mentioned but top two of those
CarlK from UID part of the forum (what an amazing person! If the did appear, please let me know when) and Desiree Young.

Too add-
Family member of Leah Hickman.
Andrew Gosden's father Kevin.
Kara Kopetsky's mother.

And the total pie in sky, will never happen- Kate and Gerry Mccann.

No he has not. I don't want to appear to harass him but I will try one more time. I send a text and leave a voice mail.

The reason why it would be good for Mark Redwine to appear my radio show is because he can tell his story and take all the time he needs. We have no commercials, no time restraints.

I'm am going to treat him as I would any other guest, with respect.

No matter what my feelings on a case may be if someone is my guest I will always be polite. I may ask tough questions but I will do so respectfully and I will let the guest take as long as she/he wants to answer.

No yelling or name calling.

My radio show is one of the few places in the media where the guest can truly say what they want and take as long as they want to state their feelings.

I guess you still haven't heard anything from Mark, eh? :(

I have been lurking here a long time but have just started to enjoy the radio show, including older ones. Today I listened to the time Billie Dunn came on.. wow. So with that in mind here is some people I'd LOVE to hear you speak too.

A few have been mentioned but top two of those
CarlK from UID part of the forum (what an amazing person! If the did appear, please let me know when) and Desiree Young.

Too add-
Family member of Leah Hickman.
Andrew Gosden's father Kevin.
Kara Kopetsky's mother.

And the total pie in sky, will never happen- Kate and Gerry Mccann.

:goodpost:

Good suggestions!

I would like to suggest Ryan Ferguson's dad, Bill Ferguson speak on Tricia's true crime radio on behalf of Ryan. Bill has been fighting to free Ryan for a crime he did not commit. Ryan's story will again be shown on 48 Hours Mystery tonight.

http://freeryanferguson.com/

Thank you. I have sent a message to Ryan's father.

This is such an incredible story and frustrating beyond belief.

Thank you arielilane for bringing it to my attention.

Investigative reporter Tony Ortega, former editor of the Village Voice. Currently reporting breaking news on the Domestic Terrorists arrested in Las Vegas. One of them is a high-level Scientologist. The other a registered sex offender and six time felon.

Tony's blog with contact info:
www.tonyortega.org

He would be a fascinating guest, especially now with this story still breaking.

Investigative reporter Tony Ortega, former editor of the Village Voice. Currently reporting breaking news on the Domestic Terrorists arrested in Las Vegas. One of them is a high-level Scientologist. The other a registered sex offender and six time felon.

Tony's blog with contact info:
www.tonyortega.org

He would be a fascinating guest, especially now with this story still breaking.

I actually know Tony Ortega. He was the only reporter brave enough to write about the information we had at www.forumsforjustice.org about Professor Michael Tracey and his bogus suspects in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

It was when Ortega broke the story in 2006 (that we had up on the forum for two years) that the rest of the media finally caught on as to what was happening in Boulder with this case.

Two years before Michael Tracey brought John Mark Carr to the Boulder D.A.'s attention as a "suspect" in the case he tried to do it with another innocent man and that's what Ortega wrote about.
Here are a couple of links if anyone is interested.

[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5292"]Forums for Justice Press Release/ Tracey Documentary Exposed - Forums For Justice[/ame]

Tricia,
In light of the news of release of the Ramsey Indictment due Friday, Oct 25, 2013, can we get Police Chief James Kolar back on the radio soonest?

Tricia,
In light of the news of release of the Ramsey Indictment due Friday, Oct 25, 2013, can we get Police Chief James Kolar back on the radio soonest?

Chief Kolar and I spoke last week and it is looking good. :)

Chief Kolar and I spoke last week and it is looking good. :)

Yes!!!!!!!
Thank YOU, Tricia!

A bit of Steve Thomas might be nice as well.....OK, OK....asking for too much.

Yes!!!!!!!
Thank YOU, Tricia!

A bit of Steve Thomas might be nice as well.....OK, OK....asking for too much.

I'm afraid I scared off Chief Kolar forever. I sang this into his voicemail:

"I heard the news today oh boy"...

Kind of a play on words on "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles.

He may never all me back. I wouldn't blame him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back