Identified! CA - Out-of-town family finds unidentified body in freezer of home they were staying at - Dec 23, 2023 - Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones

Older articles now. It may take some time for the investigation, but I hope we eventually find out how Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones ended up in that freezer.

1704695833302.png

One woman, who wanted to remain anonymous, told ABC 10News she knew the woman, but couldn’t remember the last time she was here. She described Mary as a homebody.

“I used to say 'Good morning Mary, hello Mary, goodbye Mary.' That’s it,” said the neighbor.

Another neighbor told ABC 10news the discovery was "crazy" but that he never felt unsafe.

Several neighbors wondered why and how the body ended up in a freezer....

Thank You!
Finally, I was just complaining that the reporting out of San Diego hasn't even addressed who owns the house.
Maybe Mary Jones had married Robert Haxby?
Maybe Mary Haxby is Robert's sister and married a Mr. Jones?
Chop-chop San Diego reporters.

"Who owns the home?"

"According to public records reviewed by NBC 7, the property is currently owned by Mary M. Jones, who has had her name on the deed since August 1986. Presumably, Mary M. Jones and Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones are one and the same person. Joseph and Amparo Lucenro gave the house to Jones and Robert Haxby in 1986. In 1992, the name on the deed was altered to include just Jones."
it sounds like they were given the home, prob split up, so his name was removed. my guess is this was her man friend and he didnt want to lose the house but knew he wouldnt get it.

it sounds like they were given the home, prob split up, so his name was removed. my guess is this was her man friend and he didnt want to lose the house but knew he wouldnt get it.
Unless RH and Mary are brother and sister and she got married to JJ ?
Mary could have gotten married and bought RH out?
We still don't know who resided in the residence when she was discovered.
She's still known as Haxby-Jones so I can't see her still using her married name if she divorced RH, her maiden name, yes.
No arrests have been reported.

It's strange that the out of town family wouldn't know about Mary if they had been together as long ago as the time they were given the house.

I'd like to know exactly who the current resident/s are. and whether one is the same man that was given the house along with Mary.

It's strange that the out of town family wouldn't know about Mary if they had been together as long ago as the time they were given the house.

I'd like to know exactly who the current resident/s are. and whether one is the same man that was given the house along with Mary.
It was reported that the out of town relatives are related to someone who lives in the home but they're not related to Mary.
You sure ain't alone in wanting to know who lives there and so far no name has been released about the resident(s).

It was reported that the out of town relatives are related to someone who lives in the home but they're not related to Mary.
You sure ain't alone in wanting to know who lives there and so far no name has been released about the resident(s).
Yep…. And since nothing is coming up on public records as resident at the home, Other than the relative RH….. it really is very curious who the occupant of the house was that the relatives were visiting. And the secretive nature of the relatives, who want to stay anonymous, makes it even more mysterious and intriguing.

I’m beginning to think it might have been some person that just took up housekeeping there, Perhaps a friend of MJ, or not :oops:.
I mean, who knows. But this could get really interesting. JMO

...I’m beginning to think it might have been some person that just took up housekeeping there, Perhaps a friend of MJ, or not :oops:. I mean, who knows. But this could get really interesting. JMO
That's not a far-fetched thought either. This is close to what you're saying could've happened. I've been haunted by this news story of this 75 yr. old man that died recently from injuries that sounds like came from a homeless woman he let live at his place. They argued over her using a towel the neighbor said. He died. (Not put in freezer, but he could've been.)She's still on the loose someplace in this city, as far as I know. (see photo)

The relatives that discovered the body in the freezer sure have kept quiet for now. How did Mary die?

Yep…. And since nothing is coming up on public records as resident at the home, Other than the relative RH….. it really is very curious who the occupant of the house was that the relatives were visiting. And the secretive nature of the relatives, who want to stay anonymous, makes it even more mysterious and intriguing.

I’m beginning to think it might have been some person that just took up housekeeping there
I had similar thoughts: it is possible, that RH is Marys ex(husband), but not a father to the kids that visited. But it is also possible that the people who visited were related to someone else that RH was only now living together after Marys passing: a carer, his own kid or grandkid with someone else, or even a new woman in his life (who might have known nothing about a previous wife or sister being in the freezer - odd, but possible). Seems quite possible RH-s health had declined after Marys death, whether he killed her or not. MOO

It is hard not to feel sorry for the people out-of-town coming to stay with their old relative for Christmas and finding a frozen body in a chest freezer. What a trauma for the poor folks! (Recently I watched a very old French movie, “the tall blond man with one black shoe”. Despite it being a light spy comedy, the reaction of the guy to whom such an event happened in the film was, “I am a member of the musician’s union. They’ll cover my treatment 100%”.) So I hope that the family will receive at least some form of therapy. They seem to be the only ones who can be helped in this case, and I wish them luck.

Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones worked as a nurse anesthetist in San Diego for nearly two decades before resigning in 1999. “Mary Margaret will be remembered as a dedicated healthcare professional and will be greatly missed by all of us at Kaiser Permanente that had the privilege to work alongside her.” Haxby-Jones worked at the Zion Medical Center from 1980 until 1999, according to a Kaiser Permanente spokesperson. A relative of Haxby-Jones by marriage, who asked not to be identified due to the ongoing investigation, said she doesn’t believe the woman had any blood relatives and noted that the family “is estranged.” Although the relative hadn’t seen Haxby-Jones since 1995, she described her as someone who smiled often and loved to get her nails and hair done. Haxby-Jones and her husband also rescued exotic birds, she recalled. She added that Haxby-Jones is a military veteran. Google Street View images of the home where records show Haxby-Jones lived show a car with a sticker reading “U.S. Army Retired.”

Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones worked as a nurse anesthetist in San Diego for nearly two decades before resigning in 1999. “Mary Margaret will be remembered as a dedicated healthcare professional and will be greatly missed by all of us at Kaiser Permanente that had the privilege to work alongside her.” Haxby-Jones worked at the Zion Medical Center from 1980 until 1999, according to a Kaiser Permanente spokesperson. A relative of Haxby-Jones by marriage, who asked not to be identified due to the ongoing investigation, said she doesn’t believe the woman had any blood relatives and noted that the family “is estranged.” Although the relative hadn’t seen Haxby-Jones since 1995, she described her as someone who smiled often and loved to get her nails and hair done. Haxby-Jones and her husband also rescued exotic birds, she recalled. She added that Haxby-Jones is a military veteran. Google Street View images of the home where records show Haxby-Jones lived show a car with a sticker reading “U.S. Army Retired.”
Wow, what an amazing woman.
Wonder if she did 30 years in the military and 20 at the hospital. That's a nice retirement, VA pension, hospital pension and SS.

I think the relatives are children or nieces/nephews of the current resident. It could be the former husband, and relatives from a different marriage.
Maybe there's been a health scare and they arrived to evaluate the situation, clean up the house and put affairs in order. Then, they open Pandora's box.

All my opinion...

It's very interesting that no one has mentioned talking to the current resident, that I have seen.
Could they be deceased as well?
And these tangential relatives had taken over?
Is the current relative receiving benefits mailed to the home?
Perhaps the home dweller died and that's what precipitated the visit from kin which kicked off this investigation.

Jmo

Thanks so much for the update.
It's now obvious that Mary was a very intelligent woman and a high achiever.
There's a lot more to tell about the circumstances that led to her being found.

Who was Mary married to?

...loved to get her nails and hair done. Haxby-Jones and her husband also rescued exotic birds, she recalled. She added that Haxby-Jones is a military veteran. Google Street View images of the home where records show Haxby-Jones lived show a car with a sticker reading “U.S. Army Retired.”
Thank You for posting so many details about Mary. Can you post the link to the article please?

Being local, I keep wondering if I might have crossed paths with Mary over the years. Wasn't using Kaiser as my health provider back then. I did belong to a bird group that many rescued exotic birds, and I might've met her at our meetings.

Mary was active and did a lot with her life. She didn't get a military burial, or even a decent funeral. Who was mourning her passing? How did her death go so unnoticed? I think it stands to reason, it's probable someone placed her in that freezer. Just want to know WHY.
...75 yr. old man that died recently from injuries that sounds like came from a homeless woman he let live at his place. They argued... He died. (Not put in freezer, but he could've been.) She's still on the loose someplace in this city...
Feel I owe you all the conclusion to this other case where an elderly person lets somebody live at their place and it turns bad. She's been arrested.

Unless RH and Mary are brother and sister and she got married to JJ ?
Mary could have gotten married and bought RH out?
We still don't know who resided in the residence when she was discovered.
She's still known as Haxby-Jones so I can't see her still using her married name if she divorced RH, her maiden name, yes.
No arrests have been reported.
i divorced my ex husband in 1999 and still have his name lol i had two small kids at the time and by the time i remarried it had been my name more than half my life lol....

i divorced my ex husband in 1999 and still have his name lol i had two small kids at the time and by the time i remarried it had been my name more than half my life lol....
Did you keep the 1st husband's name and hyphenate it when you remarried and took your new husband's name?
Assuming you took your 2nd husband's name.
Mary Margret Haxby-Jones?

Thank You for posting so many details about Mary. Can you post the link to the article please?

Being local, I keep wondering if I might have crossed paths with Mary over the years. Wasn't using Kaiser as my health provider back then. I did belong to a bird group that many rescued exotic birds, and I might've met her at our meetings.

Mary was active and did a lot with her life. She didn't get a military burial, or even a decent funeral. Who was mourning her passing? How did her death go so unnoticed? I think it stands to reason, it's probable someone placed her in that freezer. Just want to know WHY.

Feel I owe you all the conclusion to this other case where an elderly person lets somebody live at their place and it turns bad. She's been arrested.
Great news that they got her.
Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618