Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long Samantha was missing before she was reported missing?
It was mentioned in the Police conference that she was reported missing the same morning… which is unusual in my opinion to report an adult as missing so swiftly…… unless they already had concerns for Samantha’s state?? IMO

Well if they footage of her leaving, then that might rule out the Husband, assuming he was not seen leaving the property.

For instance, if the husband left soon after, they wouldn’t have gone all public about this. You would be asking him questions.

All we have at the moment is she left home. And that’s it. Having been around the area cycling before, generally is a few people about in the mornings up that way running, cycling, was a great morning for it.

The roads around this area I will say are not that great, two lane and many turns and weaving. Speed limit is not always followed. You run down the side of the road you are asking for trouble. Did someone hit her? Then take her?
I’m surprised at how little information there is.
It was a great morning, a morning you’d see people up and about. It’s a built up urban area.
Has nobody seen her running at all during that time?
Today was the first police request for cctv, dash cam footage as well.

I wonder how long Samantha was missing before she was reported missing?
It was mentioned in the Police conference that she was reported missing the same morning… which is unusual in my opinion to report an adult as missing so swiftly…… unless they already had concerns for Samantha’s state?? IMO
Her friend said she had a brunch planned. That may have caused the early report if she was supposed to be at brunch…

I also wondered this …..a heart attack ?? (She did have Covid in Jan which may have caused a latent clot… ?) Stated in this linked article …

But then I think she would have been found on official “track” … unless she went into the bush to sit on a rock or something??? To try and catch her breath??

This article also states Sam missed a brunch meeting that Sunday with friends as well …

I’m surprised at how little information there is.
The Police Presser gave absolutely no information ….
The only thing we learned that she was reported missing Sunday Morning (in answering a report’s question) but no time was given …..

Did police actually start the search on Sunday ?? Or did they wait until she was missing for 24hours?? (Standard adult procedure)

Today was the first police request for cctv, dash cam footage as well.
Seems a long time to wait to ask for that Information, IMO (In this day and age… )

IMO

But then I think she would have been found on official “track” … unless she went into the bush to sit on a rock or something??? To try and catch her breath??

Im assuming (because it makes sense) that the police would’ve called in the dog squad to possibly track her, since she appears to have left on foot, in which case if she had gone off track to sit down and maybe had a medical emergency, they would’ve easily located her.

The police have said there are no suspicious circumstances they have uncovered as yet.
Odd?
Doubly odd, if there are no suspicious circumstances that they do a press release with the hubby and daughter…unless the police suspect she has left of her own voilition and may see the distress she’s caused and contact someone.

Im assuming (because it makes sense) that the police would’ve called in the dog squad to possibly track her, since she appears to have left on foot, in which case if she had gone off track to sit down and maybe had a medical emergency, they would’ve easily located her.

The police have said there are no suspicious circumstances they have uncovered as yet.
Odd?
Doubly odd, if there are no suspicious circumstances that they do a press release with the hubby and daughter…unless the police suspect she has left of her own voilition and may see the distress she’s caused and contact someone.
Very odd. And “no suspicious circumstances”.
It’s the very definition of the word, suspicious…
IMO

Missing mum Samantha Murphy was notably absent from her family's traditional summer holiday on Victoria's surf coast in the weeks before she vanished.

Daily Mail Australia can reveal Ms Murphy and her family had holidayed together at a Torquay caravan park - the gateway to Victoria's iconic Great Ocean Road - for almost a decade.

But this year park dwellers noticed only her husband Mick and their children attended the park, where they stay in a luxury cabin.

While Mr Murphy did not take any questions from the media, his wife's childhood friend Virginia O'Loughlan told Daily Mail Australia that Ms Murphy missed the traditional family holiday after becoming sick with Covid-19.

'There was nothing suspicious about it. There was no family feud. I can understand why people can start to think that, but she definitely had Covid. Another friend of ours had Covid too and they were both talking about it and when they get better they were going to catch up,' she said.

'She would have definitely been down there but she didn't want anyone to get Covid.'

In early reports it was mentioned that she had low blood pressure.

My hunch is she may have left the track to go toilet and got bitten by a snake. In this area at present there are a lot of snakes around.

But if my hunch is right, why hasn’t she been found with the amount of people out looking?

Missing mum Samantha Murphy was notably absent from her family's traditional summer holiday on Victoria's surf coast in the weeks before she vanished.

Daily Mail Australia can reveal Ms Murphy and her family had holidayed together at a Torquay caravan park - the gateway to Victoria's iconic Great Ocean Road - for almost a decade.

But this year park dwellers noticed only her husband Mick and their children attended the park, where they stay in a luxury cabin.

While Mr Murphy did not take any questions from the media, his wife's childhood friend Virginia O'Loughlan told Daily Mail Australia that Ms Murphy missed the traditional family holiday after becoming sick with Covid-19.

'There was nothing suspicious about it. There was no family feud. I can understand why people can start to think that, but she definitely had Covid. Another friend of ours had Covid too and they were both talking about it and when they get better they were going to catch up,' she said.

'She would have definitely been down there but she didn't want anyone to get Covid.'
If you read further the reason for her absence was due to COVID and her not wanting to make anyone else sick.

If you read further the reason for her absence was due to COVID and her not wanting to make anyone else sick.
Thanks I have read further as I had posted the part about having Covid.

I wanted to post it as it has quite a bit of other information about Ms Murphy. Every little bit helps.
Nothing suspicious.

Keep in mind and I have fruitlessly searched, there's no footage of her leaving the house, just holding up a poo bag. TBH would like to know if there's anything that shows her leaving. I'm going to assume so, as they're looking all over for her in the area. I used to hang out I'm Buninyong with a friend a lot in my early 20s. There's such a big scope and range where she could potentially have gone. My heart really goes out to everyone who is searching etc.

Yes, this Age article says that the search involves Victoria Police’s search and rescue team, the mounted police, the canine unit, SES and CFA volunteers, as well as locals.

Keep in mind and I have fruitlessly searched, there's no footage of her leaving the house
Considering they have footage of her fumbling around the front of the house, surely they played the whole video which has her leaving the property?

If she didn’t leave, then I don’t think VPOL would have wasted all these resources searching surely? It’s then Q and A with whoever lives in the house. I mean, if she isn’t on camera leaving the property, then she is still on the property! Talk to whoever lives there.

If the press could perhaps ask at tomorrows presser ‘did the cctv have her walking away from the property?’

Considering they have footage of her fumbling around the front of the house, surely they played the whole video which has her leaving the property?

If she didn’t leave, then I don’t think VPOL would have wasted all these resources searching surely? It’s then Q and A with whoever lives in the house. I mean, if she isn’t on camera leaving the property, then she is still on the property! Talk to whoever lives there.

If the press could perhaps ask at tomorrows presser ‘did the cctv have her walking away from the property?’

That last bit- great point.

Keep in mind and I have fruitlessly searched, there's no footage of her leaving the house, just holding up a poo bag. TBH would like to know if there's anything that shows her leaving. I'm going to assume so, as they're looking all over for her in the area. I used to hang out I'm Buninyong with a friend a lot in my early 20s. There's such a big scope and range where she could potentially have gone. My heart really goes out to everyone who is searching etc.
I have also been wondering whether there’s footage of her actually jogging away. I’m guessing there isn’t since police don’t know the direction she headed off in. Perhaps I’ve missed it, though it does have me wondering if there is footage of her actually leaving the premises and, if so, what does he have with her.

I have also been wondering whether there’s footage of her actually jogging away. I’m guessing there isn’t since police don’t know the direction she headed off in. Perhaps I’ve missed it, though it does have me wondering if there is footage of her actually leaving the premises and, if so, what does he have with her.
The camera looks like a front door cam so limited angle.

We have limited info on that footage that has been shown. She is near the front door dealing with the dog droppings. Then what? As far as I’m aware now, we have zero proof that she has left the property.

I’m just starting to ask some questions as
A) considerable main tracks have been searched. The search area to date has been very heavy.
B) no confirmed footage leaving the property

There are a couple of things that bother me. Well, three, actually.
* The day was unusually hot. Not setting historic records, but one of the hottest this summer, at least where I am.
* Samantha wasn't an experienced runner, or had only recently got back into running.
* She reportedly had low blood pressure.

Those three things together have the potential to be a recipe for disaster. Hot weather causes your blood vessels to dilate. If you have low blood pressure and can't get away from the heat, it can cause fainting. My partner has had low blood pressure her whole life, but it really started to impact her in her late teens. She drinks a large amount of fluids to keep her blood volume up, drinks electrolytes, salt-loads, and on hot summer days (indoors, with aircon and/or fans), she still gets dizzy spells. And she isn't going out running in a bushland area away from people.

I fear that if this is a case that doesn't involve actions by another, that Samantha has become dehydrated, POTS-y, and disoriented. In an urban area, it's dangerous enough, in a bushland area, it can be lethal, very quickly. There are the inherent risks of exposure, but also the dangers of things such as falls from height and venomous creatures such as snakes. Our fauna in Australia have a well earned reputation for being incredibly dangerous. A snake bite from a brown or king brown can be lethal without swift treatment.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member