Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 20, 2024
[...]

McDougal's vehicle, a dark blue Chevrolet Suburban, is in police custody.

Cummings said video from the public showing McDougal's vehicle on the road has been helpful, but they're asking for more. Cummings is asking the public to check their cameras for any video taken on Thursday between 5:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. on FM 3126 in Livingston, Texas.

"We're trying to piece together a timeline of where he's been and the travel that he took, the roadways that he took," Lyons said. "So this area is just one that's in particular that we can say they we know that he was in."
da3446cf-6f21-4a97-8f2d-3f12905f4a85_16x9.jpg
da3446cf-6f21-4a97-8f2d-3f12905f4a85_1140x641.jpg

Credit: KHOU

[...]

Search efforts were initially focused on a southern area of Lake Livingston on Friday and Texas EquuSearch was seen looking for her in an area near 59 and the Trinity River on Saturday.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Department said the Trinity River boat ramp off I-69 closed Monday as the search continued.

On Monday, Texas DPS asked the public to stay away from Scenic Loop FM 3277 because it was a "potential point of interest in this investigation."

[...]

FEB 20, 2024
[...]

McDougal's vehicle, a dark blue Chevrolet Suburban, is in police custody.

Cummings said video from the public showing McDougal's vehicle on the road has been helpful, but they're asking for more. Cummings is asking the public to check their cameras for any video taken on Thursday between 5:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. on FM 3126 in Livingston, Texas.

"We're trying to piece together a timeline of where he's been and the travel that he took, the roadways that he took," Lyons said. "So this area is just one that's in particular that we can say they we know that he was in."
da3446cf-6f21-4a97-8f2d-3f12905f4a85_16x9.jpg
da3446cf-6f21-4a97-8f2d-3f12905f4a85_1140x641.jpg

Credit: KHOU

[...]

Search efforts were initially focused on a southern area of Lake Livingston on Friday and Texas EquuSearch was seen looking for her in an area near 59 and the Trinity River on Saturday.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Department said the Trinity River boat ramp off I-69 closed Monday as the search continued.

On Monday, Texas DPS asked the public to stay away from Scenic Loop FM 3277 because it was a "potential point of interest in this investigation."

[...]
I pray that there is good dashcam and ring cam and cctv evidence out there, which help them find Audrii and charge the suspect.

I hope this doesn't turn out like Hayleigh Cummings. No answers.
That’s my fear also.
Although a somewhat different scenario, I worry also that it will wind up like the Summer Wells case as well. In that case, most people were expecting a quick arrest and charges, and for her to be found.

Years later, no charges, no body, no answers. I hope this will be different from both those cases.

I work closely with schools in the UK and this system in your schools baffles me - surely that is a huge safeguarding concern?

In the UK the majority of schools start around 8:45 - in the first lesson / form time the teacher takes a register on the schools information management system - this has to be done by 9:15 - the attendance / admin officer then checks the register and it pulls through to the schools messaging service - (usually school spider or parent pay) this system can then send a text message asking each of the unauthorised absence children’s parents to contact the school office immediately.

The attendance officer would then work through the list phoning the absent students whose parents haven’t made contact (starting with most vulnerable students first) - this process tends to be completed by 10:30am in the schools I’ve been involved with.

Don’t get me wrong I doubt these stronger safeguarding systems would have ultimately saved Audrii - but it might have meant they were onto the POI quicker which may have helped with the recovery of Audrii’s body.

Schools in the UK would be graded inadequate by OFSTED if it was their policy to notify parents that a child was absent late into the evening.

I really hope changes to your attendance systems can be looked at as a result of this sad case.
I don't think you're wrong, but I do think it's an issue of scale. That kind of oversight is done on a stateside level, not federal- and there's already a legal battle being waged between the Texas Education Agency and schools, on grading, interestingly enough, which I think is the most comparable system in place.
Texas’ school ratings remain in limbo as the state and school districts fight over how strict the grading should be

Correct. I wasn't able to embed the video of his 2019 bleu Suburban.

However, I immediately placed a call to DD to assure my youngest GD, 11yo, is still being taken to school by car since she began attending a school near their home in AUG. Sure my SIL arrives at work earlier than he wishes but the sacrifice is we know she's safe.

This little angel had a stack against her what with living with two grown men. No offense intended to grown men raising their children.

Why is it that predators almost always kill their victims? Nearly zero SA victims survive to live another day. There comes a time when society needs to study this policy of repeat child predators [offenders] being released to harm again.

MOO I don't know to what extent this child may have suffered.

BBM- I don't think it's fair to say that Audrii had a stack against her what with living with 2 grown men. Those particular men, yes absolutely, but in general no.

JMO

Yes, I think it does happen a bit more often nowadays. Not really because people are "more evil", but because there is more opportunity.

Back in the day (and still in my corner of the earth), people lived in the same town or village where there parents and grandparents and great-grandparents and their parents etc had lived. Everyone knows everyone, everyone talks. Gossip gets around fast. Faces and cars are known. People watch out for each other. If anyone gives vibes that they are "odd" about children, people will keep an eye on them, will not allow them alone near children etc. You could not really except to get away with it, and people used to feel more societal pressure to "behave", to not embarrass their families etc - not all of them, of course, but on average. So there really was a bit less stuff like that.

As for DS M here, he did not snatch the kid from the bus stop, the distance and the walking had nothing to do with the story. Drugs might be involved. His own personality and life story are the biggest players here. I assume there was grooming involved, stuff escalated ant that's the outcome. He is also one of the people who is unlikely to be held back by societal pressure - by now at least - so the societal changes are not so directly important in this specific case, though interesting on the whole.

By now, the priorities IMO are to 1) find Audrii, 2) charge the culprit, and 3) really think about prevention methods here - not in an angry revenge-centered way, not in a super political way, not with locking kids up "to protect them", but to actually and scientifically analyse if and what we can do as a society to prevent creating such criminals to begin with.
While it may seem like more children are taken and murdered by strangers, the reality is that most kids are sexually assaulted or murdered by people they know - parents, caregivers, people in positions of authority, etc. It's the mystery and fear of the unknown that makes people immediately jump to 'stranger danger' when a child goes missing. When it comes to this child, the silence is deafening, imo, regarding lack of response from caregivers. And I know we can say LE asked them not to say anything to protect the integrity of the investigation but a public appeal for information never hurts an investigation.

This reminds me of Summer Wells who went missing in 2021.

DSM seems like the bare minimum of what makes a person a human being but it doesn't necessarily make him a killer. He's high on my list but until I know everyone who was living on that property beside DSM, the father and the grandmother, I see him as a coconspirator who's weaseling his way out of going back to prison for a really long time. If grooming was involved, like you mentioned, I doubt it was done in a vacuum. You never want to believe family members could be involved but stats prove us wrong nearly every time.

While it may seem like more children are taken and murdered by strangers, the reality is that most kids are sexually assaulted or murdered by people they know - parents, caregivers, people in positions of authority, etc. It's the mystery and fear of the unknown that makes people immediately jump to 'stranger danger' when a child goes missing. When it comes to this child, the silence is deafening, imo, regarding lack of response from caregivers. And I know we can say LE asked them not to say anything to protect the integrity of the investigation but a public appeal for information never hurts an investigation.

This reminds me of Summer Wells who went missing in 2021.

DSM seems like the bare minimum of what makes a person a human being but it doesn't necessarily make him a killer. He's high on my list but until I know everyone who was living on that property beside DSM, the father and the grandmother, I see him as a coconspirator who's weaseling his way out of going back to prison for a really long time. If grooming was involved, like you mentioned, I doubt it was done in a vacuum. You never want to believe family members could be involved but stats prove us wrong nearly every time.
I also have felt Summer Wells vibes.

BBM- I don't think it's fair to say that Audrii had a stack against her what with living with 2 grown men. Those particular men, yes absolutely, but in general no.

JMO

But, Audrii wasn't living with two grown men, in general. She was living with those two grown men, in particular. One is the main POI. This thread is about what happened to Audrii and how she came to be missing. She's a beautiful child who was betrayed.

If life was fair, Audrii would be attending school today.

MOO

Audrii Cunningham missing update as police discuss person of interest
"An eyewitness saw Audrii Cunningham near her home in Livingston, Texas, on the morning of February 15."

I'm curious who the eye witness was - was it the POI, her family or a neighbor? And where did they see her (since it appears she never arrived to the bus stop)? And the clothes she was wearing, who provided that information and does it match the eyewitness account? To me, those are important details.

In years past, specifically, regarding Abby and Libby’s case, LE Called the man on the bridge (BG/Bridge Guy) a Person Of Interest and not a suspect, for years.
IMO just because LE refers to McD as a POI and not as a suspect means nothing. If it were me, I would not get hung up on LE’s wording regarding this subject. There’s a reason for this and I’m sure some of you know the reasoning for this.

moo ymmv

As close as we’re allowed to the #AudriiCunningham search area today along the Trinity River in Livingston. The 11-year-old missing since Thursday. A family friend named a person of interest. Live updates beginning on KHOU 11 News at Noon. Get caught up: Search for missing 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham continues into Day 6
1708453714558.png

He is a friend of the family and father, and lives in a trailer on the property, behind the house. That was confirmed in the presser today, finally. Not sure how much has been confirmed about babysitting in MSM, but I think that it was verified that he would take her to the bus stop or school. If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me.
<modsnip>
This makes me so very angry. This little girl would be alive if better decisions were made. Others should be punished too. Moo

In years past, specifically, regarding Abby and Libby’s case, LE Called the man on the bridge (BG/Bridge Guy) a Person Of Interest and not a suspect, for years.
IMO just because LE refers to McD as a POI and not as a suspect means nothing. If it were me, I would not get hung up on LE’s wording regarding this subject. There’s a reason for this and I’m sure some of you know the reasoning for this.

moo ymmv

They sometimes name these as person of interest and say they may have knowledge of who is responsible for the crime.

they do this hoping the person will be honest and not lawyer up while still being able to get useful information from them before they clam up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn