Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think someone she knew. I just feel if it was a random attack, she would have been found. I feel it was planned and someone has gone to great lengths to cover their tracks. MOO
I agree. Detective acting superintendent Mark Hatt, said there was a lot of movement happening at her house during the day Samantha disappeared

I am sure this will be an important factor for police

But someone has knowledge of her running paths, when she was leaving and persons have been waiting for her at Mount Clear

A vehicle would have been waiting to transport her away

Police would also be looking at any CCTV of vehicles entering those dirt roads from the main road during that morning

The police would have homed in on all the conversations taking place the previous night and morning as part of their electronic surveillance operation and data being used

I feel it's been a planned hit, professionally done, as though she never existed

I
I also think someone she knew. I just feel if it was a random attack, she would have been found. I feel it was planned and someone has gone to great lengths to cover their tracks. MOO
I agree. I would be very surprised if it was a random attack as I would have expected the usual warnings by police for the public to be vigilant, not walk alone etc. Seems more likely to be someone she knew or had a relationship with, be it an acquaintance, business associate, friend, neighbour. With little information we don’t really have much to go off. MOO.

There are all kinds of ways even slighter bodied people could manage to move a body.

Also most likely their determination to not end up in prison may be all that's needed to gain the strength they need.

I know from experience when I've tried to lift something heavy and gave up, I tried again and kind of motivated myself by psyching myself up and saying "you can do this" and making myself believe that I could.
And usually it worked, I could lift something that I normally wouldn't have been able to.

Individuals dispose of bodies every day. Just turn on ID or Crime Investigation. It's awkward, but not impossible.
Yes of course .
I think the police statement is just saying person or persons .
They are not definitely saying more than one person .
I still think it is a random killing , or someone who is close to her .

About 10 minutes ago the Ch9 chopper was heading west from Melbourne over Ballan. I didn't screengrab coz I wondered if it was perhaps heading to the Beaufort fires and decided to check back. Now its either landed or is below radar level.
ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live
IMG_3642.png

Flight radar has two helicopters west of Ballarat closer to Ararat.

I’m curious about the detective saying there was a lot of movement at the house on Sunday, sure I can understand there would be a lot after she was reported missing, but I cant imagine there would have been too much early on,was MM coming and going, running children around, did they have visitors coming and going.
I wondered why he mentioned this.

They say they believe "more parties are involved in her disappearance"

Maybe other pings from phones belonging to more than one person.JMO

It just seems unusual to hint at "more parties" MOO

So then if someone was planning to do this - then they forgot to turn off their phones? IMO

Could 2 people have been going to pick SM up - innocent intention - but this was not what SM wanted to do and then something happened. Might explain if there was more than one data pickup at the same time in the same area. But possibly these people are known to SM in some capacity??? MOO

I think all they mean is that more parties than just Sam are involved in her disappearance.

They put in the actual quote in their article.

"the most likely scenario is that her disappearance involves one or more parties".

I don't think they are trying to be inaccurate.

imo

Yes I saw these 2, but it was a third chopper the ch9 one. There's been choppers over the Beaufort area all day and I'm familiar with the call signs, hex & image that comes up on the left hand bar.
It must have landed when I took that screen shot - it’s back up in the air now and looked like it was heading north east from there.

I’m curious about the detective saying there was a lot of movement at the house on Sunday, sure I can understand there would be a lot after she was reported missing, but I cant imagine there would have been too much early on,was MM coming and going, running children around, did they have visitors coming and going.

Because he was asked, and they don't consider that information will hurt their investigation? IIRC a reporter asked if any cars left her place after Sam left.

View attachment 485767

Flight radar has two helicopters west of Ballarat closer to Ararat.

Bushfire related, I would say. They put choppers up to spot outbreaks of fire before they can really get going.

I live in a bushfire-prone area with lots of wildlife, and we often see a chopper on fire danger days checking the area from above. Also police cars (who are rarely in my area) become locally visible at that time, to discourage stupid people who like to start devastating fires.

I am not sure that the investigating police would be able to pull resources from emergency services at the moment, due to the greater need for them in the bushfire zones ... which, as we all know, aren't too far from Ballarat.

And the news choppers will be getting spectacular footage of the raging fires from above.

VIDEO: Relief centres for evacuees set-up in Ararat, Maryborough and Ballarat

Last edited:
IMG_0484.jpgBushfire related, I would say. They put choppers up to spot outbreaks of fire before they can really get going.

I live in a bushfire-prone area with lots of wildlife, and we often see a chopper on fire danger days checking the area from above. Also police cars (who are rarely in my area) become locally visible at that time, to discourage stupid people who like to start devastating fires.

I am not sure that the investigating police would be able to pull resources from emergency services at the moment, due to the greater need for them in the bushfire zones ... which, as we all know, aren't too far from Ballarat.

VIDEO: Relief centres for evacuees set-up in Ararat, Maryborough and Ballarat
It was CH9 chopper. Flew over Creswick to south west of Clunes.

It was CH9 chopper. Flew over Creswick to south west of Clunes.

Yes, I added an edit to my post ... channel 9 are getting some spectacular footage of the fires from above. Obviously they can't get right over the fires due to the dangerous updraft.

There is a video here where the Ch9 chopper is above (but well away from) a water-dropping chopper, filming it dropping water on the fires.

At roughly around the 5min mark of the presser, the male journo asks about someone leaving the home shortly after Sam left for her run…. And then Supt Hatt went on to say they knew of multiple movements from the home on that Sunday ….

That particular journalist seems to ask very specific questions related to the case … IMO

Presser here:

Post in thread 'Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4'
Australia - Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal