Found Deceased GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024

MALE​
BLACK/AFRICAN AMERICAN​
1/14/2024 10:19:40 AM​
THEFT BY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY - 24PI0069​
$5,000.00​
2024-01140046​
1984​
1193040​
MALE​
HISPANIC​
2/23/2024 10:43:55 PM​
OTHER AGENCY HOLD - ICE​

They both go by Jose? I hope that we find out their real names!

Does anyone know what they use at the border for identifying these people, do they just take the word for the individual or is there proof?

This article has a lot of personal information about Jose. He was a doordash and ubereats delivery guy while in NYC, which is where he was arrested for having a five year old on the back of a gas powered moped with no restraint or head protection. Makes me question how well these companies vet their drivers!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> And, here's a quote by his wife from the article:

"I want to talk to [Jose]," she said. "I have a lot of faith that this wasn't him, that there was a misunderstanding somewhere. But if he did, he has to pay for what he did, truly."

Last edited by a moderator:

MALE​
BLACK/AFRICAN AMERICAN​
1/14/2024 10:19:40 AM​
THEFT BY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY - 24PI0069​
$5,000.00​
2024-01140046​
1984​
1193040​
MALE​
HISPANIC​
2/23/2024 10:43:55 PM​
OTHER AGENCY HOLD - ICE​

So who gets him first? Georgia or ice?
I don’t like ice being in on this, just me from hearing-listening to senate hearings with mayorkas and the border.

Does anyone know what they use at the border for identifying these people, do they just take the word for the individual or is there proof?
i keep mistaking Jose for Diego and vice versa when reading articles and looking at their social media accounts. They both also look extremely alike so having the same names really doesn’t help. Diego was actually arrested first because he resembled Jose… I’d also love to know if these truly are their real names or fakes. Maybe having similar names and appearances allowed them to pose as each other when it benefited them.

So who gets him first? Georgia or ice?
I don’t like ice being in on this, just me from hearing-listening to senate hearings with mayorkas and the border.
Venezuela will not accept deportations from the US. I don't fully understand if we can extradite to Venezuela or not. It seems that in the past this has been done with prisoner swaps. MOO

This is amazing. Her family is establishing the "Laken Hope Riley foundation, which will be used to drive homicide awareness and safety for women", there's a link to a g f m and they have already raised over $100,000! Something good is going to come of this devastating loss for her family. What an incredible testimony to Laken's life. Very touching!

Thank you for sharing this!

I think most women who do it, are well aware that any solo outings involves some level of risk from encountering a creepy dude. That's what we learned from hearing Little Red Riding Hood read to us as little girls.

I can't say for sure whether Hope Riley knew it, but it seems perhaps her friend, who so quickly contacted police, knew it.

So then it comes down to personal choice. Although these cases are, rightfully, big news, what never gets in the news is the millions of women whose lives are immeaurably enhanced and empowered by being able to exercise in nature, on their own schedule, in their own private space.

Hope was an expert runner, she likely ran every day for years. Are we telling women like her they can only run round and round the indoor track at the gym? Or only run matching the pace of slower runners, so she can be in a crowd?

It really is personal choice, IMO, to balance the actual risk vs actual reward. And, for sure, one can try to mitigate the perceived risk. But nothing is 100% safe.

JMO
Pepper spray, taser or even martial arts-type training could help some feel more empowered to repel a dangerous person and escape but then again, maybe not. The odds are always going to be in favor of the more physically strong individual. JMO

I noticed this yesterday on the FB accounts I found for them. They have various names, but the FB pages were clearly the brothers accounts. The URL on Jose's was Victor Franco (now we see his "wife" has a last name of Franco).. .then I was looking at the friends linked on the original FB I found for Jose and I see one for a man in Athens last name Franco and it was Diego's FB.. comments and likes on it were from another name Diego Jose or something like that.. seems they had multiple FB accounts with recent activity with the same photos/people and different names.

This article has a lot of personal information about Jose. He was a doordash and ubereats delivery guy while in NYC, which is where he was arrested for having a five year old on the back of a gas powered moped with no restraint or head protection. Makes me question how well these companies vet their drivers!
Every new detail I learn just makes me that much more angry and disgusted by this entire situation.

I noticed this yesterday on the FB accounts I found for them. They have various names, but the FB pages were clearly the brothers accounts. The URL on Jose's was Victor Franco (now we see his "wife" has a last name of Franco).. .then I was looking at the friends linked on the original FB I found for Jose and I see one for a man in Athens last name Franco and it was Diego's FB.. comments and likes on it were from another name Diego Jose or something like that.. seems they had multiple FB accounts with recent activity with the same photos/people and different names.
No wonder LE was confused and arrested the other Jose!
Every new detail I learn just makes me that much more angry and disgusted by this entire situation.
It is so hard not to be disgusted. Laken didn't deserve what happened to her but to know that there were missed opportunities to stop this criminal before this happened is another violation. JMO

Awful additional details.

Awful additional details.
As awful as this news is, and it is awful, if true, there is probably a ton of the perp's DNA on her body, and while he can have a myriad of confusing names and fake id's, he only has one set of DNA, and his DNA may be his ticket to spending every day of the rest of his natural life in an American prison, unless Ga chooses to offer him a cell on death row. JMO

Last edited:
As awful as this news is, and it is awful, if true, there is probably a ton of the perp's DNA on her body, and while he can have a myriad of confusing names and fake id's, he can only have one set of DNA, and his DNA may be his ticket to spending every day of the rest of his natural life in an American prison, unless Ga chooses to offer him a cell on death row. JMO
I agree. And sadly it at least makes it make a bit more sense to me, as I think women jogging really aren’t just randomly murdered unless SA is involved to some degree.

IMO, this guy is getting way too much attention in the press and even here in these threads. No matter his status, who is family is, he is a low life, a nobody, and we need to expedite the criminal process and lock him away for the remainder of his life. I’m so tired of psychopathic men attacking and murdering women. It is a defect in their evolutionary development.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxiannaWine
Back