CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope too, but I am sure the family is getting so sick of litigation. I believe that MT will have the scarlet letter for life, no matter the outcome. She has drained her moral coffers and I am sure her parent’s financial nest eggs.
The Farber family is likely very sick of litigation, for sure. But I am not entirely certain the MT carries the scarlet letter in the crowd she hangs with. I hope she spends plenty of time in prison.

It doesn’t sound she will actually go to jail for any length of time even if convicted. Until her appeals are over. That is what blows my mind. It took almost five years to get to trial. How long will it take for appeal?
But at least she doesn’t get her passport back, right? I wonder why she could stay out of prison after a conviction in a murder conspiracy plot, while appealing the conviction? Plenty of people sit in prison while they wait- Ghislane Maxwell didn’t kill anybody, and she’s been sitting in prison since her conviction. How does this work?

The Farber family is likely very sick of litigation, for sure. But I am not entirely certain the MT carries the scarlet letter in the crowd she hangs with. I hope she spends plenty of time in prison.
Sadly my guess is that the crowd she runs with won’t blink an eye at any of history. It’s just how she and they roll.

Moo

The court may take into consideration that she got the Covid court back up bump and not be so lenient this time. The bail will go higher too I suspect. FD’s was 6 m.
She has been out living her best life for almost five years - she needs at the least an ankle monitor and to be mandated to stay in ct. when convicted.
Im s
ure I mentioned I would like to hear impact statements from the farber family if they choose to give them.
Imo Let’s just get the guilty verdict be happy for Justice finally attained …and then go from there.
If she spends any time in the slammer while waiting on bail there are jail cells below the
Stamford courthouse.

This is also the time my mind turns to the victim. Nothing brings her back. Justice in the court is bittersweet but the best we can do.
Imo.
BBM. I think the judge, because he is who he is, will do this. On account of her daughter.
MOO.

But at least she doesn’t get her passport back, right? I wonder why she could stay out of prison after a conviction in a murder conspiracy plot, while appealing the conviction? Plenty of people sit in prison while they wait- Ghislane Maxwell didn’t kill anybody, and she’s been sitting in prison since her conviction. How does this work?
Maxwell I believe was tried in the Federal System.

My only point in repeating what Atty hussey said was to set expectations based on his comments. We have seen MT get the white glove treatment now for 4 years and perhaps things might play out differently with Judge R but we don’t know. If I understand things correctly, depending on the charges the bond could be revised. What happens if it can’t be met? We saw this with FD, he went to jail until it could be figured out. KM has had one issue after another with bond and iirc spent 7
Months in jail at one point before he was able to negotiate a different deal.

I felt atty hussey was being honest based on his experience. I’m not an atty so we will have to wait for the jury and see what judge r does next following the verdict.

Moo

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. The defense put on witnesses to say MT and fD were such a happy couple on the 23rd because all was going so well, but they also put on a witness to say MT was so unhappy that she was leaving for Colorado two to three weeks after the murder. I'm confused.
He wants the jury to be confused too.
Moo

I’m putting the video graphic back here to keep some of the key times at top of mind. I’m sure with all the spaghetti to be thrown tomorrow that things might get modified in the defence narrative so having the key datapoints could be important. Remember her reference to “work house” is 80Ms.

I know it’s not “the thing” to interrupt a closing argument but I do wonder if we shall see it here with a State Objection?

How far will defence go?

I don’t think anyone can predict this really as this defence team has crossed every boundary I’ve ever seen so perhaps we might see a new low tomorrow? No way to know.

Moo

MOO

Personal observation: I bet the defendant wishes she had her laptop back. Just for something to do. She has no playthings.

What's it like to sit there hearing your charges parsed out?

How will it sound to her when the foreperson speaks?

Who thinks we'll have a verdict before nightfall tomorrow?
A verdict before nightfall tomorrow would be something-I am not sure that’ll happen, though. But I hope so, especially if it’s a conviction. I don’t think she’ll get a shot at “Diversion”, like her mother did, though.

Great updates upthread - as suspected - D trying to embed arguement in Jury Instructions. Have they offered one yet about Thunderstorms or Greek Salad?

Meanwhile, I’m working on closing arguments. Here is what I have so far.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

A mother of 5 was viciously abducted, assaulted and senselessly murdered in her NC home, after she dropped her children at school, unaware it would be the last time she would ever see them. Those children, at the tender ages of 8-13, will soon learn the cruel fact that they are forever without their beloved mother.

Ironically, a yellow school bus is bringing other ebullient children to school in NC that same morning. Those children would go home to their mothers. A camera on the exterior of this yellow school bus inadvertently grabs footage of a conspicuous red Tacoma. The owner of the red Tacoma, PG, is unaware that his red truck is not in Farmington at 80 MS where he last saw it; but is rather 90 minutes away in NC.

Around the same time that morning, another mother is bringing her child to school in Farmington. But this mother does so knowing it’s part of a murder alibi of the unsuspecting mother in NC, Jennifer Ferber Delos. (Here I would point directly at MT and escalate voice and shine a big, uncomfortable spotlight on HER. She has been blending in with the walls the whole time. SHE is on trial. The State needs to make it personal to her. Not FD.)

Jennifer Ferber Delos is the wife of Defendant’s live-in-boyfriend, Fotis Delos, father of their 5 children.

During 2019, Defendant finds herself to be an inconvenient presence in the divorce and custody dispute between Jennifer and FD. Defendant is living in the victim’s house as FD’s mistress. The Delos divorce is far from being resolved. FD’s custody rights swing from none at all, to supervised visits at best (on the condition that Defendant not be present). This requires Defendant (and her daughter) to vacate 4JC as a condition of FD’s supervised visitation.

This second tier status is not acceptable to the Defendant, and the situation is boiling over. Vacating 4JC for the benefit of Jennifer’s children is beneath her opinion of herself. “I didn’t move here for this.

Defendant has shown herself to be jealous and controlling with respect to romantic relationships. You heard testimony that Defendant monitored FD’s whereabouts, aggressively challenged his failure to promptly respond to her texts with profanity and crass nudity, and that she knew FD was interested in other women and covered it up with male code names in his phone.

The Defendant grows increasingly hostile towards Jennifer’s omnipresence in her life. The divorce matters are wasting her pond time (“at least 3 weeks..”), and FD is always in a bad mood which isn’t any fun for her.

Shortly before Jennifer’s murder, Jennifer wanted to spare HER young children the heartbreak of the family dog’s impending death. Showing only callous regard for the young children, the inability to feel empathy even for the most innocent, she labels Jennifer a b*tch for doing so, in front of PG, and then stunningly expresses her wish for Jennifer to be buried with the family dog. Why so much anger towards the mother of someone else’s kids at such a time? Why does Jennifer’s rightful choice with respect to matters involving her children’s mental health vex this Defendant so much? Why does her anger trigger a hypothetical burial of Jennifer?

Fotis has his own motive for wanting Jennifer out of his life; Fotis killed his wife on 5/24. But his murder plot required a co-conspirator to pull off the conundrum of him appearing to be in Farmington preparing for an open house when he was in fact in NC on the morning of 5/24 committing the murder of Jennifer….there was only one person who could have been manipulating FD’s phone starting at 6:44 am of the 24th. And this person was full of knowledge, intent and disregard for Jennifer Delos’s life.

While Defendant may have admitted to lying to LE in places, her “corrected” version of events has been shown to be inconsistent with the facts. You know it’s impossible that the Defendant and FD had lunch that day. You know fires in May are illogical when people are wearing shorts. You know a dura flame log doesn’t burn in small increments. You know disposing of trash all over town is not a coincidence on the day Jennifer goes missing.

But she tripled down on her lies about the phone, specifically between 6:44 am when she awakens, and through 8:26 am when the call from Greece comes in. She knows FD was not home, and she knows that the phone staying at 4JC is the crux of the ruse. She cannot explain how the phone came to be in the office, plugged in, and on the glass table. She can’t explain it because she knows it puts her at the murder scene.

(Will try to keep going - but much work today, and I’d rather watch tomorrow versus today)
Guilty on all counts.

HILARIOUS

HORN tried to get Judge R to extend the commentary time beyond an hr.

Judge R told story of his days in radio where he had just '8 minutes' to share the news of the day in a given hour on air and so he concluded to Schoenhorn that, "1 hr will be enough"....

ME: Truer words have not been spoken in this trial! Judge R is a marvel.

MOO
I knew he wanted more time to say the same stupid things over and over again. He isn’t going to stop when his hour is up, either. Because he knows nobody is going to stop him.

Totally agree with you.

Maxwell I believe was tried in the Federal System.

My only point in repeating what Atty hussey said was to set expectations based on his comments. We have seen MT get the white glove treatment now for 4 years and perhaps things might play out differently with Judge R but we don’t know. If I understand things correctly, depending on the charges the bond could be revised. What happens if it can’t be met? We saw this with FD, he went to jail until it could be figured out. KM has had one issue after another with bond and iirc spent 7
Months in jail at one point before he was able to negotiate a different deal.

I felt atty hussey was being honest based on his experience. I’m not an atty so we will have to wait for the jury and see what judge r does next following the verdict.

Moo
I appreciate the heads up. Like you all I’m invested in this case. I just wasn’t mentally prepared for the scenario.

I am loving the one hour closing limit. I have become fond of this judge for his "sharpen your question" admonitions. This case is not so complicated that it needs a word salad to go with the meat of the case. I think the prosecution will need every second to connect those coherent dots AND I have faith that they will deliver.

Great points! Keeping in mind that MT's laptop was taken (as was her daughters and mothers) and MT and FD were to have no contact post (first) arrest on June 1, 2019, exactly how did MT get this report (again)? Did she have a paper copy? Did she send it to her family? She may have had it on her computer that was taken on June 1, though with her computer locked up with LE for years if she ever got it back, how did she get another copy of it? Atty Rose is unlikely, imo, as shortly after the arrests he filed to withdraw from the FC case. Meehan was in hot water already over the report and also filed emergency motions in FC to have FD's visitation suspended, so I'm thinking it wasn't him. Did she take the report to Bowman during her first meeting? He was certainly aware of it during the 2nd interview. I really don't know the answers and I'm sincerely asking these questions...

MOO
She sent it to her mother or one of her sisters, maybe. I actually think she had a hard copy, though.

Finally working through court review of charging instructions from today. I am a little surprised that all appeared to agree to jettison ‘fabricating / fabricated evidence’? If I heard that correctly? Could the jury or court not infer something about the so-called alibi / timeline scripts in that context? (I thought they were ultimately entered as evidence?) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echizenryoma