Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm wondering if Mom is just wired differently and that is why she gave such a confusing timeline. I hope that's it. Maybe Mom has some autistic traits too. That would explain some of her way of communicating? None of this is fact, it's all MOO.
All MOO
RSBMFF

Good thinking.
IMHAutisticO, that would certainly explain Mom’s communication issues. As well as her naivety and gullibility which is what I’m getting from her.

moo ymmv IMHAspieO

Last edited:
RSBMFF

Good thinking.
IMHAutisticO, that would certainly explain Mom’s communication issues. As well as her naivety and gullibility which is what I see from her.

moo ymmv IMHAspieO
As the parent of a teen on the spectrum I absolutely agree. Communication and emotional response isn't what most consider typical, Especially under stressful situations. It worries me, alot.

One thing I don’t think has been discussed here is the production of CSAM as its own crime instead of primarily as evidence that he was abusing and likely murdered Maddie.

I think it is likely that SS was producing CSAM to share with others, possibly to trade.
It was extremely risky for SS to create recordings (evidence) of his crimes. One reason is for his own enjoyment, but to be frank he still had access to his victim, so why create risk when he had access to the real thing. And on top of that, the content described in the arrest warrant request seems more obscene than I would expect for personal consumption. There’s no not-disgusting way to write about this, but from the limited info in the arrest warrant request I got the impression of an intention to create *advertiser censored*.
Producing CSAM is the best way to get access to more CSAM.

Please excuse the bluntness and relative vulgarity; I’m just trying to think through the possible logic. Thought he hasn’t been shown to display much logic so far.

I don’t think SS necessarily has sexually abused any other children, but I think it is likely he exchanged CSAM with other child sexual offenders. If that’s the case, he could potentially attempt to use knowledge of other crimes and offenders in order to get a better deal. No way he’s getting anything less than life in prison (MOO), but maybe they’ll take the death penalty off the table.
I think this is a strong possibility.

MOO after reading the warrant, he was potentially trading, distributing for money or was going to start trafficking.

There is good story at this link under Top Stories. Maddie's body was found after LE received a tip.

Edited: also the video under "Latest Videos" titled "Memorial set up around area where Madeline Soto was found" has some good info.
Here's a direct link to the video you mentioned in the event it's no longer in "Latest Videos" by being replaced with more recent news vids.

Thank You so much for posting the video with the time, @em13. I wanted to listen to that again. Mom doesn't maybe mean to be misleading, but I find her a confusing person to get the details from.

It almost sounds like it was a Zoom communication between Maddy and Mom. Then, Mom says she told her Good Night and that's about it. If she said then I hugged her or tucked her in, it'd confirm more that it was a physical conversation. I know I sound paranoid believing what should be fact.

PLEASE tell me if I'm hearing this wrong, but Mom also says immediately after that how she was the one who took her to school in the morning along with her partner. AFAIK, the mother didn't take Maddy to school that morning, nor do I think she saw her that morning. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
No problem!! And yeah I feel like a lot of details end up being more confusing than they need to be because Mom tends to use a lot of "we" language when she in fact actually means just 1 person— which is not necessarily a red flag or indicative of anything suspicious at all IMO—but it does leave more room for interpretation and makes it harder to know what info is relayed firsthand vs what info was just told to her by someone else (and potentially less reliable as a result)

I haven’t had time to catch up on this thread so apologies if someone’s already clarified this, but as far as what she says afterwards it’s actually “I wasn’t the one who took her to school in the morning, that was my partner.

In his reddit posts he refers to his gf and calls her his ex at one point. I think that was back in Sept but I may be wrong on the timing.I would like to know the nature of their relationship at the time of the murder. Had they broken up and gotten back together? I'm curious about what led to the breakup.

In his reddit posts he refers to his gf and calls her his ex at one point. I think that was back in Sept but I may be wrong on the timing.I would like to know the nature of their relationship at the time of the murder. Had they broken up and gotten back together? I'm curious about what led to the breakup.
I don't feel like we know if they were ever actually broken up. It seems like he may have used Reddit as a place to groom. He might not have wanted people to know he had a girlfriend at that time.

i think those who expect the mom to "say something" need to think about this logically. she dated this man for YEARS... trusted him with her daughter (by his reddit, he engaged in hobbies with M like Tamagotchi and stuff), was apart of her family, and she just lost her family to someone she viewed as family. she needs... eons to heal.... running to the media isn't anyone's first thing to do. she might have to get professional help.... lord knows i'd have to after reading that affadavit if it was my kid... the nausea is intense for ME, cannot imagine this poor mother

i think those who expect the mom to "say something" need to think about this logically. she dated this man for YEARS... trusted him with her daughter (by his reddit, he engaged in hobbies with M like Tamagotchi and stuff), was apart of her family, and she just lost her family to someone she viewed as family. she needs... eons to heal.... running to the media isn't anyone's first thing to do. she might have to get professional help.... lord knows i'd have to after reading that affadavit if it was my kid... the nausea is intense for ME, cannot imagine this poor mother
My sympathies are always with a mother who truthfully didn't know what was going on. However, mothers who turn a blind eye because they don't want to loose their man are as complicit as the abuser himself; they deserve to be charged and prosecuted as well, IMO.

I don't feel like we know if they were ever actually broken up. It seems like he may have used Reddit as a place to groom. He might not have wanted people to know he had a girlfriend at that time.
Totally agree with using "ex". I know several men who refer to their gf as ex when they are trying to hookup online. It's so gross!

here it is:
starts with the last time she spoke to Madeline question and then: "I was the one who took her to school in the morning, that was my partner, but, yeah." IMO, she clearly says I was the one, even slowed down, but perhaps some may hear wasnt.
3:49
"We just want our baby girl back" are SS's final words on the video.

I sure wish someone would ask Maddy's mother if turning 13 had a special meaning for Maddy.

She posted/wrote that when she turned 13 she wanted to go live in the woods (or something similar). She had just passed her 13th birthday on Thursday and had a big 13th birthday party on Sunday.

By Monday, she was dead.

I wonder if Maddy saw 13 as a "magical" birthday -- you know, drive at 16, vote at 18, drink at 21. No longer a "baby" at 13? Someone allowed to live on their own? in the woods if she wants. A woman, not a child, someone who gets to say who can and can't touch her?

Was her weird bedtime behavior of just going to bed because she was "on a mission"? She was now old enough that what she said mattered? She was determined and knew SS would come to her room the minute everyone in the house was asleep. So, straight to bed.

When he went into her room and the discussion started, was she going into a full-blown, loud argument that might have awakened her mother? Naturally, he would have shut her up. All 6'2" 200 pounds of him. Nasty brute of a man.

At least there was some joy in knowing his tears and pain in that video were real. For himself, of course, not Maddy. But still, he already knew his life was over. From some of his dumb moves though, you have to wonder if he can truly appreciate what remains of his life. No comfort, though, is it really?

We all heard SS strategically interject that Madeline was asleep half the time when he was driving her to school that morning. That was in case it was caught on camera. We know now, she was dead, and he was driving around with her. SS thought he was smart setting up that little fact.

The more I think about it, the more I believe he was probably the one that added that message that she wanted to go live in the woods when she turned 13. It sounds like something SS would do, thinking he was being so clever. He thought he could sit there and fool the world calling her sweet, baby girl, saying he loved her. :mad:

It leaves us all trying to process this evil. My heart goes out to Madeline and what she was going through. Prayers for her Mother and all Madeline's Family and Community, all the young people who have to learn of this threat to their safety. Sadly, more people become aware that there really can be a wolf in sheep's clothing. The little Red Riding Hood tale can be the nightmare that turns real. There's evil out there, and we have to be aware of it, keep learning how to recognize it and guard against it ruining lives.

Video includes the man who reported the tip. He found SS car on home surveillance, turned over to Kissimmee police.
This underscores the importance of LE engaging the public. Sheriff Mina did an incredible job in this case - if he hadn't held all the PC's, engaged the media, or openly provided details of the investigation in real time. That tip would not have come in. Lord only knows how long it may have taken to find Maddie.

"We just want our baby girl back" are SS's final words on the video.

I sure wish someone would ask Maddy's mother if turning 13 had a special meaning for Maddy.

She posted/wrote that when she turned 13 she wanted to go live in the woods (or something similar). She had just passed her 13th birthday on Thursday and had a big 13th birthday party on Sunday.

By Monday, she was dead.

I wonder if Maddy saw 13 as a "magical" birthday -- you know, drive at 16, vote at 18, drink at 21. No longer a "baby" at 13? Someone allowed to live on their own? in the woods if she wants. A woman, not a child, someone who gets to say who can and can't touch her?

Was her weird bedtime behavior of just going to bed because she was "on a mission"? She was now old enough that what she said mattered? She was determined and knew SS would come to her room the minute everyone in the house was asleep. So, straight to bed.

When he went into her room and the discussion started, was she going into a full-blown, loud argument that might have awakened her mother? Naturally, he would have shut her up. All 6'2" 200 pounds of him. Nasty brute of a man.

At least there was some joy in knowing his tears and pain in that video were real. For himself, of course, not Maddy. But still, he already knew his life was over. From some of his dumb moves though, you have to wonder if he can truly appreciate what remains of his life. No comfort, though, is it really?
Is there an age in Florida where a child can decide which parent they wish to live with when parents are divorced? I wonder if Madeline had been voicing her wish to live with her father and step mother.

From @Knox :This underscores the importance of LE engaging the public. Sheriff Mina did an incredible job in this case - if he hadn't held all the PC's, engaged the media, or openly provided details of the investigation in real time. That tip would not have come in. Lord only knows how long it may have taken to find Maddie.

Agree. I will still never get over how this department didn’t arrest Armando Caballero though when Miya Marcano went missing. I know that’s not his fault directly and I’m glad they have more diligent since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl